The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Nigel Moore's 'mccannfiles' has been deleted

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nigel Moore's 'mccannfiles' has been deleted

Post by Nina on 29.10.16 14:18

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:Pamalam is on holiday at the moment and will be back on Monday.

She's already got a page set up on her website to transfer Nigel's over: http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/

Could you enquire if there will be any cash required as I would like to donate and maybe others would too. It is important that we don't lose this valuable resource.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 29.10.16 15:14

I'm fully expecting a public word of acclamation from Messrs. McCann, or a source close to the family, in honour of Nigel Moore's years of hard slog in the name of their long lost daughter, Madeleine.  They were very particular about keeping Madeleine's name high profile - Mr. Moore's cetainly contributed to their wishes.

Just had a LOQK at the 'official find madeleine site' for an update but no mention so far..  waiting

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 29.10.16 15:33

@petunia wrote:What I don't understand is after the 9 years+ why the mass exit now It's never stopped people from commenting before so why now?
Apart from mccannfiles.com, it's only one or two bloggers that have withdrawn isn't it? 

Essentially the case has reached a dead-end so from a bloggers point of view there's nothing left to say.  Operation Grange has been scaled down to the office stapler;  Portugal has exhausted all resources;  the government aren't interested (cough!);  the McCanns have finally shut up;  the press are no longer reporting by the week;  even dear ever faithful Tracey Kandohla is struggling to find something new to say in their favour.  It was inevitable - even the McCanns couldn't hope to maintain world focus indefinitely.

In fairness to Nigel Moore, the very nature of his mccannfiles is an information source only - without any new developments his time and money are wasted.

I sincerely hope that is the only reason and he is OK in himself!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit on 29.10.16 18:30

I think we all took the McCann files for granted and didn't really appreciate how much work Nigel had put into them on an ongoing basis.   I really hope he puts them back online and maybe charges an annual subscription to access them.

inspirespirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jass on 29.10.16 18:47

I also hope he puts it back online.
He may be fed up with it himself, but many people use that site for reference. It would be awful if it was lost to us. OK, it can be found on the wayback machine, but the links don't work! Come on Nigel, hand it over to Pam and let her ask for donations to keep both sites online for us.

Jass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 01.11.16 15:26

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:Pamalam is on holiday at the moment and will be back on Monday.

She's already got a page set up on her website to transfer Nigel's over: 

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/

I drew a blank on the link the other day, for anyone that had similar problems there is now a huge chunk of Nigel Moore's exemplary work stored for posterity..

Along with a few words of tribute to the main man thumbup

Thank you Pamalam.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 01.11.16 15:38

@Verdi wrote:

She's already got a page set up on her website to transfer Nigel's over: 

I drew a blank on the link the other day, for anyone that had similar problems there is now a huge chunk of Nigel Moore's exemplary work stored for posterity..

Along with a few words of tribute to the main man thumbup

Thank you Pamalam.

Yes, it's all very odd what's happened to Nigel.
He still hasn't answered Pam's email even though he clicked on her link - at least we know he's ok.
Nigel has a backup copy of mccannfiles and may put it back online at some point.
Pam says she's not in need of any donations at the moment but will give us a shout when she does.

Take care Nigel roses

And thank you Pam for saving the day roses

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 01.11.16 17:47

I was thinking about this yesterday.

We saw an article on a thread this week where a report in the Daily Mail said along the lines that the translated online files are "hearsay".

This is the first time I have seen this mentioned anywhere and I wonder who told them that?

One of my thoughts is that Nigel may have been contacted and told this was the case and told to remove them.   It is very strange that he is not responding to questions about it.

Any legal eagles out there know if this is a possibility.

@GEG I hadn't realised that you had been Rucked in the past.   Brave lady another clapping from me for all you have done .

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 01.11.16 18:38

@plebgate wrote:
@GEG I hadn't realised that you had been Rucked in the past.   Brave lady another clapping from me for all you have done .
Yes, that's why we've got a 'Gagged' section cos we're not allowed to let Guests see the stuff contained therein!

But, of course, Tony has been Rucked more than most.... why, those horrid Carter-Ruck boys even delivered their snotograms in a black limousine like the bleedin' Mafia!

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 01.11.16 22:49

In the deep distant past, I had a brief email exchange with Nigel Moore and must say I found him to be polite and modest with no motive but justice for Madeleine McCann.

At the time he said he communicated with less than a handful of people about the case of Madeleine McCann, which I totally respected, being a very private person myself I quite understand why he would wish to keep a distance.  Afterwards I thought perhaps I was invading his privacy so I didn't disturb him again.

Considering the amount of time Nigel has dedicated to mccannfiles over the past nine + years, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to make a discrete exit without a dramatic fanfare, I just hope his reason is that simple.  One thing for sure - he will always be remembered for his massive contribution to public awareness in pursuit of a voice for Madeleine who has been so badly let down by all those who should care - her parents and family.

Cheers Nigel !!!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 02.11.16 8:27

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@plebgate wrote:
Yes, that's why we've got a 'Gagged' section cos we're not allowed to let Guests see the stuff contained therein!

But, of course, Tony has been Rucked more than most.... why, those horrid Carter-Ruck boys even delivered their snotograms in a black limousine like the bleedin' Mafia!
What very generous natured people these Ruck people seem to be.  Delivering papers to a pensioner in a limo for their pro bono clients.  

awwwww warms the cockles of me 'art.   NOT.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 02.11.16 11:41

pamalam on Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:23 pm
Hi all.

I have started to edit Nigel’s site so that it is compatible with mine. I will update over the next few months.

Of course it goes without saying, that if Nigel puts his site back on line, I will redirect the Nigel section to his site.

This is the new link.

-------------------------------
Thx Pam thanks

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sandancer on 02.11.16 15:07

Massive thanks and appreciation to all those mentioned here who have given so much time and effort to this sad case , and the many others who continue to push for truth and justice for Madeleine. Without you myself and many people would still be unaware of the misinformation we are fed by the media bravo . Only my opinion of course  winkwink
I have to echo something said above , the translated files are "hearsay" so after all this time no one had thought to bring this up until the Daily Mail decide to publish this"fact" ? 
Why now and who told them that ? Shocked

sandancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.11.16 15:27

Hearsay [noun]  -  Dictionary definition

General
1. Unverified information heard or received from another.   Rumour.  Gossip

In law

2. Law Evidence that is not within the personal knowledge of a witness, such as testimony regarding statements made by someone other than the witness, and that therefore may be inadmissible to establish the truth of a particular contention because the accuracy of the evidence cannot be verified through cross-examination.
----------

That's the first time I've ever heard of documented information relative to an official police investigation being rumour or gossip - hopefully will be the last.  Perhaps they were thinking of Metodo3?

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.11.16 20:37

'This domain has expired, if you owned this domain, contact your domain registration service provider for further assistance'..

http://www.mccannfiles.com/

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum