The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL

Post by ufercoffy on 22.08.10 9:43

Posted by Ironside on Textusa's blog http://textusa.blogspot.com/2010/08/fabricated-bag-found-in-portugal.html

I tagged some information on the end of my last post without thinking it through. The dates are of interest as there seems to have been a sudden flurry of activity between the Mccanns , their backer Brian Kennedy and Robert Murat the time this bag was alleged to have been found.

It would appear the bag and its contents were pure fabrication , they are not in the Police files and no mention of them in Dr.Amarals book.

There therefore can be only one reason this story was released and that was to threaten, or silence someone.

Jane Tanner, why did she lie? Why was she chosen when she makes such a bad job of it ?.

I can think of ONLY one reason and that is her deep love for her partner, Russell O’ Brian.

Did Russell O’ Brian out of some misguided loyalty decide to help his friend Gerry Mccann....?

The bag alleged to have been found containing Madeleines DNA, was reported by the press...November 3rd 2007

The story that two of the Tapas wanted to change their statements was reported.....November llth 2007

Robert Murat , his mother, Brian Kennedy,his lawyer Edward Smethurst and Murats lawyer Francisco Pagarete met at Burgau on ........Wednesday November 13th 2007.

The Tapas 9 ALL met at Rothley Court Manor .......Saturday November 16th

Maddie DNA clue in airport bag

Traces found on fleece and stained jeans

By Dominic Herbert, 03/11/2007

A BAG of clothes containing DNA linked to Madeleine McCann has been found dumped by a road in Portugal.

The white carrier bag was discovered in a layby two weeks ago near Faro airport, the News of the World can reveal.

Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry McCann have learned the bag contained a blue fleece jacket and a pair of adult jeans with traces of DNA that contained "moderate" links to the missing four-year-old.

There was also a SHOWER CURTAIN inside.

Madeleine: Changes in evidence from Tapas Nine could 'dramatically change investigation'

09 November 2007

Changes in the evidence of two of the so-called Tapas Nine could "dramatically change" the Madeleine McCann investigation, it was claimed yesterday.

The pair who allegedly want to correct their version of events were named yesterday in a Portuguese newspaper as Russell O'Brian and his partner Jane Tanner.

Miss Tanner has given a key account of seeing a man carrying a child away from the McCanns' apartment. Both her and Dr O'Brian deny that they have contacted police to change their statements........

Once again JANE TANNER and WHY it is so important to her that you know she did not have JEANS with her when MADELEINE disappeared. She is not asked what clothing she wore on that night, but volunteers the information. And goes on to explain she was wearing one of RUSSELS fleeces.

I remember I was wearing, because it was cold, I’d got Russell’s big, I’d borrowed one of his, erm, fleeces, so I’d got a big sort of fleece, it probably came down to about here, but then I’d got flip-flops on and cropped trousers, because I’d only got, I didn’t take jeans, I know I didn’t take jeans on holiday, and then.

The fabricated article of the bag found along the road to FARO airport and its list of contents are of no importance...just the two items are relevant above the reporter Dominic Herberts name.

MADDIE DNA: TRACES FOUND ON FLEECE AND STAINED JEANS.

The Missing blue bag...... does it contain the FLEECE and JEANS ? ‘ and if so, who has it and where is it ?.....AND if a good friend helped you in a bad situation, why would you keep it to use as a weapon against him?

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FABRICATED: Bag found in PORTUGAL

Post by aiyoyo on 22.08.10 10:11

The police know more than we thought.

Otherwise,how did the police know about the bag and fleece?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A FLEECE AND FLIP-FLOPS

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.10 11:49

The News of the World article is curious, not least because according to the newspaper, Dr Gerald and Dr Kate McCann had been given the news of this finding of the bag.

Why should they know about it?

We need to bear in mind that Rupert Murdoch = Elizabeth Murdoch = Matthew Freud = Clarence my-job-is-to-control-what-comes-out-in-the-media Mitchell = the government = the McCanns etc.

This may be a complete 'red herring' story, inserted into the media at a convenient time by Mitchell.

But, for the record, here's extracts of Jane Tanner's statements [hat-tip to Pamalam where I got them from]:

JANE TANNER'S FIRST TWO STATEMENTS, 4 & 10 MAY 2007 - she makes absolutely no mention of what she was wearing:

She remembers that at about 21.10 Gerald left the restaurant (3) to go to the apartment to check on the children. Five minutes later, the witness left, to go to her apartment to see whether her daughters were OK. At this moment she saw Gerry talking to an Englishman called Jez whom they had got to know during the holidays. They played tennis with him.

She passed by them knowing that Gerry had already been in the apartment (1) to check his children.

JANE TANNER'S ROGATORY, APRIL 2008

Reply “Yeah. I’m just trying to, well I’ve walked out of the, walked out of the, the Tap, walked sort of into the reception of the Tapas Bar and obviously walked up the road. I remember I was wearing, because it was cold, I’d got Russell’s big, I’d borrowed one of his, fleeces, so I’d got a big sort of fleece, it probably came down to about here, but then I’d got flip-flops on and cropped trousers, because I’d only got, I didn’t take jeans, I know I didn’t take jeans on holiday, and then. Oh I’m sidetracking a bit, but that’s why I knew one of the pictures in the paper wasn’t from the holiday, because I hadn’t got jeans on the holiday with me, so. And I’d got cropped trousers on and just flip-flops, so I can remember sort of walking, I couldn’t walk that quickly because I’d got these silly flip-flops on and I couldn’t walk that, that well in them, so to speak. And I walked, I was walking up the road and I can’t remember exactly, I know this, I know, I think Gerry thinks he was somewhere different to where I think they were standing, but I was fairly sure, as I walked up the road, they were standing, one of them was in the road and one of them was just on the edge of the pavement, but I thought it was on the side of the road that I was walking, but I know Gerry thinks they were the other side. But I thought they were closer by, because as I walked by, I almost did go to sort of acknowledge them and I thought at that point ‘Oh they were cha cha cha’ and I did think, I didn’t, I didn’t know whether they’d seen me or not, but I did actually go to acknowledge them and I think if they’d have been that far away I don’t know whether I would have sort of almost gone to say hello, but. But they were talking quite (inaudible), so I just carried on, up, up the road. I mean, I thought they were, as you’re going up here, I thought they were more, again I know this is where me and Gerry differ, but I thought they were sort of more near the little alleyway. I think sort of”.
00.09.47 4078 “Is that the alleyway, sorry, would that be (inaudible)?”
Reply “Yeah, sort of here. I thought they were sort of round this sort of bit here”.

SNIPPED

Reply “I’d say it was around ten past nine’ish”.
4078 “So you have left the Tapas Bar and you have gone up that hill. What is there, is there a pavement and a road there?”
Reply “Yeah, there’s sort of like a pavement which is sort of almost like made up of, it’s not cobbles, but made up of small stones”.
4078 “Not ideal for flip-flop wearers?”
Reply “No, because I do remember, I was almost looking at my, sort of not looking at my feet, but I was sort of padding, because obviously I was trying to get to do the check and get back as quick as possible as well, so I just thought ‘Oh I’ll just go and do the check as quick as possible’ and I did think, I was not struggling to walk in my flipflips, but, I wasn’t, I wasn’t striding”.
4078 “Yeah”.
Reply “Erm”.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Not Fabricated?

Post by MR.D on 22.08.10 16:00

The report that has been quoted does not contain the complete contents of the bag. The fleece and jeans contained CONGEALED SKIN which is consistent with the GA's suggestion that Madeleine's corpse was frozen.

I posted this last week as Cheshire Cat as I was visiting relatives in Cheshire. What I tried to do was look at the bag (a white carrier bag by the way) in the context of other stories that emerged at that time.

Why would Clarence Mitchell plant a story that suggests Maddie had been in the deep freeze?

Cheshire Cat wrote:
I would imagine that the dogs would have been able to visit the O'Brien household : the British Police were assisting the Portuguese Police. Yes there were many obstructions but we know there were some good guys in the British Police who were co-operating and furthering the investigation.

The presence of death scent on an item of clothing in Exeter flags up the role of Russ O'Brien. It appears that the Renault that was hired five weeks after the death of Madeleine was for the purpose of transporting the previously frozen cadaver. This ties in with the activity on June 10 2007 (see below): the presence of O'Brien at the disused barn near Luz. It seems reasonable to suggest, from the news reports at the time, that O'Brien was performing an embalming process on Madeleine's corpse. I recall at the time that other reports mentioned an empty bottle of chemicals also being found in the barn: chemicals that could have been used during embalming.

Interesting that there is a possible link to the Renault with the matching "fibres" found in the towel.

The bag of clothes and items found abandoned near Faro airport perhaps ties in with these events. We find congealed skin which suggests Madeleine's corpse was previously frozen. The jeans with sixty stains were perhaps used during the embalming process where fluids and chemicals would have materialised. Perhaps the bag was abandoned as O'Brien returned to Faro airport, the hire car later retrieved by a member of team McCann? The McCanns were even encouraged by the finding of this bag - in their warped minds it was evidence Maddie was abducted alive : despite the fact that she had been in the deep freeze! Perhaps O'Brien flew into the Algarve just to perform the embalming? But what would have happened to Madeleine's corpse after that? Perhaps O'Briens role in the Peninsula Medical school would have made him the most suitable candidate for carrying out any embalming or draining of chemicals from a corpse?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id33.html

Saturday 01 December 2007

It is revealed that Portuguese police are investigating a mobile phone call from Russell O'Brien to Gerry McCann that was made on 10 June 2007. A team of telephone surveillance officers highlighted the call as it is understood to have contained key words that aroused police suspicions.

Investigators are concentrating on the exact whereabouts of Dr O'Brien when the call was made. It is understood Gerry McCann told detectives the call was made within a 4km radius of Praia da Luz but technicians working on the mobile phone network have dismissed this after examining records. It is believed the call took place 28km from Praia da Luz.

It also emerged that each member of the Tapas Nine were placed under surveillance after British communications experts arrived in the resort at the end of May. Mobile phone records, which leave a trail even when switched off, are believed to have been checked against statements made by guests and staff at the Ocean Club complex.

It is reported that Portuguese police are investigating a disused barn in the south-east of Praia da Luz following the discovery of a blood stained towel which police believe may turn out to be Madeleine's blood. Fibres on the towel allegedly match fibres from the Renault Scenic hire car the McCanns' hired 25 days after Madeleine's disappearance. It is understood Portuguese detectives discussed the breakthrough when they met British police and a Crown Prosecution Service official last week at a police station in Leicester. The fresh information is believed to have come from mobile phone surveillance police who tracked a signal to the remote and deserted barn. There they found a towel with an Aztec design, which revealed three sites of blood deposits on the edge of the towel. Tests showed there was 'moderate' support to suggest the blood deposits matched Madeleine's blood. The results were not conclusive and are not regarded as being strong enough to be presented as evidence in a court case. However, close analysis of the towel revealed fibres which were not made of the towel material. The fibre fragments were microscopically examined against fibres found in the boot of the McCanns' Renault Scenic hire car.
Portuguese police sources say there was 'strong support' that the fibres found on the towel matched fibres found from the boot of the car.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-491653/Bag-clothes-dumped-near-Portugal-airport-shows-DNA-links-Maddie.html

A bag of clothes containing DNA linked to Madeleine McCann has been discovered dumped by a road in Portugal. The white carrier bag was discovered in a layby two weeks ago near Faro airport, according to a report in the News of the World.Kate and Gerry McCann have since been informed of its contents. The bag is believed to contain a blue fleece jacket and a pair of adult jeans with traces of DNA which may have come from Maddie.New lead: The bag was dumped near Faro airport. The McCanns believe Madeleine is somewhere in Morocco. It was also said to contain a shower curtain. Other items recovered from the bag included a white flannel, a green elastic band, a light green child's T-shirt with a green flower on the front and a pink and blue pencil case with a pink heart motif.The DNA samples were not an exact match but were thought to show a "moderate" link to the missing four-year-old. A source said: "The bag could be crucial. The DNA isn't an exact match to Maddie's, but it does link. "It is the first clue found outside the apartment complex and could provide a trail.". The bag, which was found by a passer-by, was sent to a UK lab in Birmingham for forensic tests.A leaked report showed experts concluded the clothes contained bodily fluid and traces of hair that could have come from Maddie. The jeans contained more than 60 different stains. The report concluded: "The blue fleece and jeans were found to contain traces of congealed skin and hair. "They were found to contain DNA characteristics that could be attributed to Madeleine McCann." No traces of Maddie's DNA were found on any of the other items.
The fresh clues will give Kate and Gerry, both 39, renewed hope of finding their daughter alive six months after she disappeared. A friend of the McCanns said: "It potentially suggests that someone has taken her then disposed of the clothing. "They have done it near Faro which could imply they have gone in the direction of the airport. It backs up the idea she was abducted."

MR.D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another mention of a fleece

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.08.10 16:14

MR.D, that is very interesting and mostly I was unaware of all that detail - BUT is there any reasonable explanation for why Jane Tanner would specifically refer to one of Russell O'Brien's fleeces - not having done so before so far as I am aware - in her Rogatory Interview several months later (April 2008), thus:

J TANNER QUOTE

I remember I was wearing, because it was cold, I’d got Russell’s big, I’d borrowed one of his, fleeces, so I’d got a big sort of fleece, it probably came down to about here,

UNQUOTE

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 22.08.10 17:28

I often wonder whether that was red herring sent out to entrap the mccanns.

I dont believe after their careful and cunning planning that they would be so careless or foolish to discard the bag with so many incriminating pieces within without regard.

So what have the police got as evidence I wonder?

Did they have the blue bag?

Fleece? Whose fleece? Isnt is strange JT talk on her own accord about the fleece and expanding on it as well .....

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MR.D on 22.08.10 17:38

@Tony Bennett wrote:MR.D, that is very interesting and mostly I was unaware of all that detail - BUT is there any reasonable explanation for why Jane Tanner would specifically refer to one of Russell O'Brien's fleeces - not having done so before so far as I am aware - in her Rogatory Interview several months later (April 2008), thus:

J TANNER QUOTE

I remember I was wearing, because it was cold, I’d got Russell’s big, I’d borrowed one of his, fleeces, so I’d got a big sort of fleece, it probably came down to about here,

UNQUOTE

I'm going to have to think about that!

It was the reminder that one of the Tapas crew had a visit from the dogs that set me thinking about the other newspaper stories.

MR.D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

El Mundo

Post by MR.D on 22.08.10 17:51

There was also a newspaper story in 2007 about one of the Tapas crew consulting a lawyer because he wanted to tell the truth about the night of 3 May 2007. The lawyer explained that his male client was afraid of the "huge economic and political pressures" that surrounded the case.

From a comment on Anorak:

I wasn’t much for the conspiracy aspects, but today’s article in El Mundo makes it clear that O’Brian is intimidated ….
SNIP>
“The lobby surrounding the McCann is frightening”
The lawyer from one of the persons that wants to change his testimony criticizes the lobby around the parents of Madeleine – story published today in “El Mundo”.
“My client must keep secret what he can do help the search for the truth and this is not due to the law secrecy in Portugal. That is is quite revealing of the strange circumstances around this case”, says the lawyer of one of the two McCann friends that were at Tapas Bar, on the night of May 3, and decided to have a close cooperation with Police, as “El Mundo” published, last Tuesday. “He is not afraid of the McCann but the economic and political lobby that exists, around that couple, frightens any person.”
… sounds like some of the millionairs involved are pressuring the Tapas to cooperate. But why?

I recall the story about the Tapas9 member consulting a lawyer was rubbished by Mitchell.

Just wondering if the stories that suggested O'Brien's involvement in corpse transportation were fabricated as a warning to O'Brien not to spill the beans?

All of the Tapas men were at the Rotherly Court Hotel meeting?

MR.D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie on 22.08.10 18:34

Thinking along the lines of congelaed skin

Something would have had to have been already decomposed when frozen, then thawed.

(edited to remove the puke smiley as it was knocking me sick!!)

littlepixie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 22.08.10 20:21

“He is not afraid of the McCann but the economic and political lobby that exists, around that couple, frightens any person.”

Herein lies the reasons for all that we have been up against since the moment we were informed of Madeleine's abduction.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry on 22.08.10 21:26

strange that some people would still like to deny the existence of a government/political coverup.

Cherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 22.08.10 21:50

Sorry but this is absolute rubbish, it never did make any sense.

1.The bag was dumped in a layby near Faro airport – where exactly and how did it get there? Someone must have left it so where were they going? They were`nt trying to catch a flight with a child that the world was looking for, so where? And how, by car, on foot, public transport?

2.Are we to believe that the abductor was daft enough to leave such evidence in a public place? Particularly as he was allegedly taking the rest of the evidence (Madeleine) with him. Surely, he or she would have discarded the evidence properly and securely.

3.Who found the bag? Do we have a name this time, or is it another anonymous?

4.Imagine if a child had gone missing. A few days later, you`re passing a layby and you notice a white carrier bag with some dirty clothes, a shower curtain and a pencil case. Do you jump to the conclusion that the bag was dumped by an abductor and hot foot down to the police station? Or do you just walk on by ignoring the bag of dirty laundry?

5.Why this was investigated, what prompted the link to the McCann case? – Imagine going to the police and saying, I found a bag of old clothes and I think that there is a link to the McCann case. What on earth prompted them to link this bag and it’s contents to this case, there must have been some reason. Did the abductor nick the shower curtain from 5A? Did the flannel have Ocean Club written through it? What prompted this link, anyone know?

6.Kate and Gerry were hopeful as the DNA has a SLIGHT link to Madeleine – DNA from the apartment and the hire car showed 15 out of 19 Markers, but this was different, this was inconclusive and there would have been wholly and innocent explanations, but this slight link was hopeful.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 22.08.10 22:01

@MR.D wrote:The report that has been quoted does not contain the complete contents of the bag. The fleece and jeans contained CONGEALED SKIN which is consistent with the GA's suggestion that Madeleine's corpse was frozen.

I posted this last week as Cheshire Cat as I was visiting relatives in Cheshire. What I tried to do was look at the bag (a white carrier bag by the way) in the context of other stories that emerged at that time.

Why would Clarence Mitchell plant a story that suggests Maddie had been in the deep freeze?

Cheshire Cat wrote:
I would imagine that the dogs would have been able to visit the O'Brien household : the British Police were assisting the Portuguese Police. Yes there were many obstructions but we know there were some good guys in the British Police who were co-operating and furthering the investigation.

The presence of death scent on an item of clothing in Exeter flags up the role of Russ O'Brien. It appears that the Renault that was hired five weeks after the death of Madeleine was for the purpose of transporting the previously frozen cadaver. This ties in with the activity on June 10 2007 (see below): the presence of O'Brien at the disused barn near Luz. It seems reasonable to suggest, from the news reports at the time, that O'Brien was performing an embalming process on Madeleine's corpse. I recall at the time that other reports mentioned an empty bottle of chemicals also being found in the barn: chemicals that could have been used during embalming.

Interesting that there is a possible link to the Renault with the matching "fibres" found in the towel.

The bag of clothes and items found abandoned near Faro airport perhaps ties in with these events. We find congealed skin which suggests Madeleine's corpse was previously frozen. The jeans with sixty stains were perhaps used during the embalming process where fluids and chemicals would have materialised. Perhaps the bag was abandoned as O'Brien returned to Faro airport, the hire car later retrieved by a member of team McCann? The McCanns were even encouraged by the finding of this bag - in their warped minds it was evidence Maddie was abducted alive : despite the fact that she had been in the deep freeze! Perhaps O'Brien flew into the Algarve just to perform the embalming? But what would have happened to Madeleine's corpse after that? Perhaps O'Briens role in the Peninsula Medical school would have made him the most suitable candidate for carrying out any embalming or draining of chemicals from a corpse?

It is revealed that Portuguese police are investigating a mobile phone call from Russell O'Brien to Gerry McCann that was made on 10 June 2007. A team of telephone surveillance officers highlighted the call as it is understood to have contained key words that aroused police suspicions.

Investigators are concentrating on the exact whereabouts of Dr O'Brien when the call was made. It is understood Gerry McCann told detectives the call was made within a 4km radius of Praia da Luz but technicians working on the mobile phone network have dismissed this after examining records. It is believed the call took place 28km from Praia da Luz.

It also emerged that each member of the Tapas Nine were placed under surveillance after British communications experts arrived in the resort at the end of May. Mobile phone records, which leave a trail even when switched off, are believed to have been checked against statements made by guests and staff at the Ocean Club complex.

It is reported that Portuguese police are investigating a disused barn in the south-east of Praia da Luz following the discovery of a blood stained towel which police believe may turn out to be Madeleine's blood. Fibres on the towel allegedly match fibres from the Renault Scenic hire car the McCanns' hired 25 days after Madeleine's disappearance. It is understood Portuguese detectives discussed the breakthrough when they met British police and a Crown Prosecution Service official last week at a police station in Leicester. The fresh information is believed to have come from mobile phone surveillance police who tracked a signal to the remote and deserted barn. There they found a towel with an Aztec design, which revealed three sites of blood deposits on the edge of the towel. Tests showed there was 'moderate' support to suggest the blood deposits matched Madeleine's blood. The results were not conclusive and are not regarded as being strong enough to be presented as evidence in a court case. However, close analysis of the towel revealed fibres which were not made of the towel material. The fibre fragments were microscopically examined against fibres found in the boot of the McCanns' Renault Scenic hire car.
Portuguese police sources say there was 'strong support' that the fibres found on the towel matched fibres found from the boot of the car.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-491653/Bag-clothes-dumped-near-Portugal-airport-shows-DNA-links-Maddie.html

A bag of clothes containing DNA linked to Madeleine McCann has been discovered dumped by a road in Portugal. The white carrier bag was discovered in a layby two weeks ago near Faro airport, according to a report in the News of the World.Kate and Gerry McCann have since been informed of its contents. The bag is believed to contain a blue fleece jacket and a pair of adult jeans with traces of DNA which may have come from Maddie.New lead: The bag was dumped near Faro airport. The McCanns believe Madeleine is somewhere in Morocco. It was also said to contain a shower curtain. Other items recovered from the bag included a white flannel, a green elastic band, a light green child's T-shirt with a green flower on the front and a pink and blue pencil case with a pink heart motif.The DNA samples were not an exact match but were thought to show a "moderate" link to the missing four-year-old. A source said: "The bag could be crucial. The DNA isn't an exact match to Maddie's, but it does link. "It is the first clue found outside the apartment complex and could provide a trail.". The bag, which was found by a passer-by, was sent to a UK lab in Birmingham for forensic tests.A leaked report showed experts concluded the clothes contained bodily fluid and traces of hair that could have come from Maddie. The jeans contained more than 60 different stains. The report concluded: "The blue fleece and jeans were found to contain traces of congealed skin and hair. "They were found to contain DNA characteristics that could be attributed to Madeleine McCann." No traces of Maddie's DNA were found on any of the other items.
The fresh clues will give Kate and Gerry, both 39, renewed hope of finding their daughter alive six months after she disappeared. A friend of the McCanns said: "It potentially suggests that someone has taken her then disposed of the clothing. "They have done it near Faro which could imply they have gone in the direction of the airport. It backs up the idea she was abducted."

Ah, Thank you Mr D

I should have read this first - now things make sense.

Why is it that when I hear the word "chemicals" I think of a certain key that was found in Murat`s house?

sharonl

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 22.08.10 22:14

Possibly because there has not been any proper answer as to why MW's husband's key was there in the first place. This was a key to where MW' husband kept pool cleaning chemicals etc.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MR.D on 22.08.10 22:58

@sharonl wrote:
@MR.D wrote:The report that has been quoted does not contain the complete contents of the bag. The fleece and jeans contained CONGEALED SKIN which is consistent with the GA's suggestion that Madeleine's corpse was frozen.

Cheshire Cat wrote:

Ah, Thank you Mr D

I should have read this first - now things make sense.

Why is it that when I hear the word "chemicals" I think of a certain key that was found in Murat`s house?

You might have been right the first time, that the story about the bag and the barn is rubbish!

But what is the significance of these particular newspaper stories ? What purpose did they serve? Or are they red herrings?

MR.D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 22.08.10 23:16

Mr D

I am not sure about the carrier bag but I think that the barn article may be genuine.

The bag article could either be a red herring like many others that we have had or there may be something in it, a story that was hushed up just as it was going to print, a quick change of story maybe?

The barn story reported that Gerry and Russells mobile were traced to a dis-used barn where the towel was found, it appeared in the express and was quickly whoosh-cluncked, never to be seen again. An indication that it was genuine imo.

sharonl

Back to top Go down

Post by MR.D on 23.08.10 8:18

@sharonl wrote:Mr D

I am not sure about the carrier bag but I think that the barn article may be genuine.

The bag article could either be a red herring like many others that we have had or there may be something in it, a story that was hushed up just as it was going to print, a quick change of story maybe?

The barn story reported that Gerry and Russells mobile were traced to a dis-used barn where the towel was found, it appeared in the express and was quickly whoosh-cluncked, never to be seen again. An indication that it was genuine imo.

Yes, good point about the barn story. I was trying to see if there was a link between the barn story and the carrier bag story.

MR.D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MR.D on 23.08.10 19:30

I did buy the paper edition of the Express when it featured the lengthy and detailed story about the barn. Didn't keep it though.

MR.D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 23.08.10 19:38

@MR.D wrote:I did buy the paper edition of the Express when it featured the lengthy and detailed story about the barn. Didn't keep it though.

There is a scanned version here http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2007/12/mccanns-expess-news.html

sharonl

Back to top Go down

Post by MR.D on 23.08.10 20:15

@sharonl wrote:
@MR.D wrote:I did buy the paper edition of the Express when it featured the lengthy and detailed story about the barn. Didn't keep it though.

There is a scanned version here http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2007/12/mccanns-expess-news.html

Thank you

I don't think GA has ever commented on this story ?

MR.D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 23.08.10 20:28

@MR.D wrote:
@sharonl wrote:

Thank you

I don't think GA has ever commented on this story ?

Mr D

There are things he has`nt said yet - remember wink4

sharonl

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 23.10.13 17:17

Yes, and I still say 'a couple'.  I understand that the dumped plastic bag may have been ruled out as "a hoax" - not sure who, how, what, where, when that was confirmed.  Very odd that on the one hand it seems JT "did not bring jeans with her" [most young mums have them as standard]; but allegedly the bag found contained jeans, a fleece, a shower curtain, and also DNA that matched Madeleine's.  All hearsay and allegation, but is anything more known about it or thread links?

"They've taken her!"

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by galena on 23.10.13 17:23

@Searcher wrote:Yes, and I still say 'a couple'.  I understand that the dumped plastic bag may have been ruled out as "a hoax" - not sure who, how, what, where, when that was confirmed.  Very odd that on the one hand it seems JT "did not bring jeans with her" [most young mums have them as standard]; but allegedly the bag found contained jeans, a fleece, a shower curtain, and also DNA that matched Madeleine's.  All hearsay and allegation, but is anything more known about it or thread links?

"They've taken her!"
Sorry I missed the start of this - it sounds interesting. What is your theory?

galena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 23.10.13 17:36

Hello Galena; well, I'm reluctant to put a "theory" on the page really. But enough to say that, elsewhere on this forum, there was a discussion in the last week (so sorry no ref or link) relating to JT's interview where she was asked what she was wearing.  There seemed to be some emphasis on having no jeans with her on the holiday.  The thread here commented on that; I personally feel it is odd as most young mums probably would take jeans as a basic stand-by, especially if the nights are going to be quite cool.  So that was one thing.  Then it came up that a plastic bag had been found in or near PdL, abandoned - I think this was published in two papers Sept. 2007 (D. Mail and NoW possibly from memory) on the Textusa website.  I can find the link and post it.

The bag allegedly contained a pair of jeans, a fleece, a shower curtain, and when it was analysed Madeleine's DNA was found on the items.  JT is RO'B's partner, if I have that right, and it just left me wondering whose jeans were these?  If it is a hoax I would really welcome a link to what happened.

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sockpuppet on 23.10.13 17:42

@Searcher wrote:Hello Galena; well, I'm reluctant to put a "theory" on the page really. But enough to say that, elsewhere on this forum, there was a discussion in the last week (so sorry no ref or link) relating to JT's interview where she was asked what she was wearing.  There seemed to be some emphasis on having no jeans with her on the holiday.  The thread here commented on that; I personally feel it is odd as most young mums probably would take jeans as a basic stand-by, especially if the nights are going to be quite cool.  So that was one thing.  Then it came up that a plastic bag had been found in or near PdL, abandoned - I think this was published in two papers Sept. 2007 (D. Mail and NoW possibly from memory) on the Textusa website.  I can find the link and post it.

The bag allegedly contained a pair of jeans, a fleece, a shower curtain, and when it was analysed Madeleine's DNA was found on the items.  JT is RO'B's partner, if I have that right, and it just left me wondering whose jeans were these?  If it is a hoax I would really welcome a link to what happened.
Didn't she also say that she had to borrow ROB's fleece as it was cold and she didn't have one?  Or perhaps I imagined it ;-)

Sockpuppet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum