The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

*NEW* Polish Foreign Minister & 2 other Ministers to visit UK after 2 Harlow 'hate crimes' on Poles (was: Pictures taken today (3 Sep 2016) at the memorial rally to Arkadiusz Jozwik, the Polish man murdered by teenage thugs in Harlow on 27 August 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*NEW* Polish Foreign Minister & 2 other Ministers to visit UK after 2 Harlow 'hate crimes' on Poles (was: Pictures taken today (3 Sep 2016) at the memorial rally to Arkadiusz Jozwik, the Polish man murdered by teenage thugs in Harlow on 27 August 2016

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.09.16 20:51

I returned to England following a short holiday on Wednesday (31 August).

I was shocked to see the tabloid headlines about a Polish man having been murdered in a 'hate crime'.

Reading the news item in the newspaper, I was even more shocked to read that the crime happened at The Stow, Harlow, barely one mile from where I live.

Today there was a vigil at The Stow at about 4pm, followed by a march of about a mile-and-a-half to St. Paul's Church in the centre of Harlow, followed by a short service and commemoration, and then a lengthy signing of what we would normally call a book of condolences. But actually, in a rather eerie echo of the murder of Jo Cox, we were asked to sign the 'More in Common' book, with a huge banner by the book of condolences titled 'MORE IN COMMON - Than That Which Divides Us'. I was at the back of a long queue to sign it. Probably over 1,000 people marched; the Polish Ambassador and our MP, Robert Halfon, were also in attendance and both spoke to the crowds.

There's a full report on BBC News today, here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-37268286

I should add this. There had been a crowd of disruptive 15- and 16-year-olds roaming the streets causing mayhem in The Stow area for about two months, with countless reports to the police, as Essex Police were forced to admit. Following the murder, the police belatedly got around to issuing dispersal orders against some of the gang members - a classic case of 'shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted'. 

The general consensus of those I spoke to, both local and Polish, was that this was a group of feral youths utterly out of control, almost certainly tanked up on drink and drugs, could have taken offence at just about anybody and anything. The only thing that appears to have been the final straw is that allegedly when Arek Jolvik began to speak in Polish, one of the youths said: "He can't even speak our language". One 15-year-old is in custody and five others aged 15 & 16 are on bail until 7 October.

So this is my tribute to Adek Jolvik, along with condolences to his family, friends and the Polish community of about 2,000 in Harlow, in a few photos I took earlier:

FLORAL TRIBUTES TO AREK JOZWIK

POSTERS

ARRIVAL OF THE POLISH AMBASSADOR (Man in the middle)

POLISH MAN WHO TRAVELLED TO HARLOW FOR THE EVENT - some came from Leeds and s far away as Edinburgh

LISTENING TO THE SPEECHES

AT THE CHURCH - FRIENDS SIGN THE POLISH FLAG    

THE 'MORE IN COMMON' BANNER IN THE CHURCH

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *NEW* Polish Foreign Minister & 2 other Ministers to visit UK after 2 Harlow 'hate crimes' on Poles (was: Pictures taken today (3 Sep 2016) at the memorial rally to Arkadiusz Jozwik, the Polish man murdered by teenage thugs in Harlow on 27 August 2016

Post by aquila on 03.09.16 21:02

Why did the Polish Ambassador feel the need to attend?

Are the Polish a persecuted race in UK?

Why the signings on the flag of Poland?

Is everything now a hate crime?

RIP to the man who lost his life to thugs on the streets of Harlow.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *NEW* Polish Foreign Minister & 2 other Ministers to visit UK after 2 Harlow 'hate crimes' on Poles (was: Pictures taken today (3 Sep 2016) at the memorial rally to Arkadiusz Jozwik, the Polish man murdered by teenage thugs in Harlow on 27 August 2016

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.09.16 21:38

@aquila wrote:Why did the Polish Ambassador feel the need to attend?

@ aquila     I think this must be my answer.

Suppose a British man, in his 40s, like Arek Jozwik, goes out to Spain, gets a job, pays his taxes etc.

Then three years later, without him having done anything to provoke it, a gang of feral Spanish youths descend on him and beat and kick him to death, whilst laughing and shouting: "He doesn't even speak our language".

What would be the proper response by the British government to such a demonstrable outrage?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.09.16 14:38

Sad to say, there was an incident this morning outside the William Aylmer pub in Harlow where two Polish men were allegedly assaulted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-37270519

The 'William Aylmer' is a J D Wetherpoons pub which serves meals - and they open at 8am most days. AFAIK there is nothing to stop you from going in and asking for a pint of your favourite beer at 8am

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pictures taken at memorial day for Dead Polish man.Arek Jozwik.

Post by willowthewisp on 04.09.16 14:52

Alcohol has a big part in today's environment,"Cafe Culture"now being incorporated into the Licencing Laws being extended to nearly eighteen Hours per day,for those that can afford it,or just keep being topped up in between Off Licences,supermarket trips.Hick,Hick?
Then we have our intellectual MP's cutting the Police Resources,substituted for G4S personell,instead of Police officers on cost grounds?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 04.09.16 18:18

Drugs and alcohol and nothing ever gets done about it - in fact numerous "celebs" write to newspapers openly calling for cannabis to be legalised despite recent research which warns of severe mental health issues developing among many users especially as they grow older.

How low must UK sink before someone has the guts to tell these liberal luvvies to do one and leave the rest of the law abiding, hard working families to bring their kids up without worrying about where they are and who is possibly trying to molest or corrupt them at every turn.
I am sick of them.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re;pictures of Arek Jozwik

Post by willowthewisp on 04.09.16 18:40

Hi plebgate,Politician's are only concerned when it is or near election time,it suits their purpose for the general public not to be informed'on certain issues that could trip them up,eg Gordon Brown,bigot comments from a Yorkshire woman speaking her mind,so much for "free Speech" like the Time they threw out an Eighty year old Pensioner from their conference for booing?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Polish Ministers to fly to England over anti-Polish 'hate crimes'

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.09.16 10:55

Following the incident yesterday when two Poles were allegedly attacked in Harlow (the incident apparently happened at 3.35am) by four or five other males, the Polish Foreign Minister and two other interior Ministers are to visit the UK shortly to find out what is happening to the Polish community:

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 05.09.16 11:27

@Tony Bennett wrote:Following the incident yesterday when two Poles were allegedly attacked in Harlow (the incident apparently happened at 3.35am) by four or five other males, the Polish Foreign Minister and two other interior Ministers are to visit the UK shortly to find out what is happening to the Polish community:

Why don't these thugs, because that's what they are, do some research into the migrants who come here, who do a hard day's work, AND pay taxes. The UK, for example  has benefited greatly from Polish workers. Poland is the only country to have NOT had a recession in the last decade, and many parts of Poland have seen great improvements in areas where there was once great poverty. Many Polish workers here in the UK,  have either returned to Poland, due to the growing prosperity there, or are thinking of returning home in the not too-distant future, because of the economic improvements.  This growth in Poland has been brought about by Poles who have worked HARD in Britain, and the rest of Europe, and then sent home their earnings to support their families in Poland. 

The Poles are polite and funny and very family orientated, and their culture is to take care of, and support, their family members. So, for Poland AND the UK  it's been a win, win situation and I, for one, welcome them here.. Of course, like all countries, Poland has its criminals, and if anyone of these criminals, regardless where they come from in the world, if they  enter this country, they should be deported immediately, and this was ONE of the reasons I voted for Brexit

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.09.16 11:42

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:Why did the Polish Ambassador feel the need to attend?

@ aquila     I think this must be my answer.

Suppose a British man, in his 40s, like Arek Jozwik, goes out to Spain, gets a job, pays his taxes etc.

Then three years later, without him having done anything to provoke it, a gang of feral Spanish youths descend on him and beat and kick him to death, whilst laughing and shouting: "He doesn't even speak our language".

What would be the proper response by the British government to such a demonstrable outrage?
Taking on board your scenario, it's hardly likely that a British Ambassador would attend a 'one-off crime' overseas - as horrible as this crime is in which a man lost his life to thugs, it's even less likely Brits in Spain (or any other European country for that matter) would rally round waving the Union Flag and having signatures put on it to prove any sort of solidarity against racial discrimination.

As you know Tony, I've lived abroad and being discriminated against is par for the course. It's often a case of fit in or leave. Thankfully most sensible people choose to fit in.

I'm very uncomfortable that there is some sort of Polish awareness/disgruntlement/uprising etc being publicly supported and encouraged by the attendance of ambassadors who ought to know better than to fuel a fire.

Polish people have lived in this country for many, many years. Polish people were staunch allies during WW2. Go ask the Polish who have lived here peacefully for many years and you'll probably find little complaint.

I simply don't understand why there is a need to make everything racial/hatred encitement. This poor man was murdered by a gang of thugs with the IQ of a doorknob. Stick them behind bars - they're of no use to society whilst on the streets.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 05.09.16 12:12

Erm didn't the British ambassador attend a one off "crime" in Portugal 9 years ago?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.09.16 12:15

@aquila wrote:
I'm very uncomfortable that there is some sort of Polish awareness/disgruntlement/uprising etc being publicly supported and encouraged by the attendance of ambassadors who ought to know better than to fuel a fire...This poor man was murdered by a gang of thugs with the IQ of a doorknob. 
On that specific point I am in complete agreement with you.

I think the Polish Ambassador making the 30-mile trip to Harlow was proportionate.

However, sending three Polish Cabinet Ministers over to the UK looks like making a drama out of a crisis, and to pursue your analogy, more like actually starting a fire than adding fuel to one.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.09.16 12:18

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:
I'm very uncomfortable that there is some sort of Polish awareness/disgruntlement/uprising etc being publicly supported and encouraged by the attendance of ambassadors who ought to know better than to fuel a fire...This poor man was murdered by a gang of thugs with the IQ of a doorknob. 

I think the Polish Ambassador making the 30-mile trip to Harlow was proportionate.

However, sending three Polish Cabinet Ministers over to the UK looks like making a drama out of a crisis, and to pursue your analogy, more like actually starting a fire than adding fuel to one.
Well quite!

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.09.16 12:37

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@aquila wrote:

Do you think it fitting for the flag of Poland to be waved in UK when it is being used to say 'we are discriminated against'?

I certainly don't and I'll wager there are a lot of Polish people living in UK who agree.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 05.09.16 15:48

Brexit: Woman quits UK job to move to Poland

A woman has quit her job in the West Midlands to move to Poland, saying she is choosing to leave the UK following the referendum vote to leave the EU.
Claire Edgley, 30, is leaving her home in Sedgley and plans to work as a translator in Krakow, where her grandfather was originally from.
Ms Edgley says she wants to gain a Polish passport.
For a UK national to get Polish citizenship they must prove an ancestor was born in Poland, but there is no compulsion to move to the country in order to get it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-37254371

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Polish police ccoming to the U.K. to investigate the murder of Arek Jozwik in Harlow

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.09.16 17:43

There is a new twist to this story - as the Polish Foreign Minister is threatening a Polish police investigation into the killing of Arek Jozwik in Harlow.

He points out that under Polish law, the accused killers can be brought to trial in Portugal. We have similar provisions in England for the murder of Britons abroad (a point that could yet be relevant to the Madeleine McCann case, of course). 

Unfortunately, he has used inflammatory, anti-Brexit, language in doing so:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/02/poland-runs-own-investigation-of-polish-mans-death-in-essex

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 05.09.16 18:47

@BlueBag wrote:Poland not Portugal Tony.

Although I understand why it was on your brain :-)

Bluebag, at the moment, quite a few of us as suffering from information overload eek

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum