The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by aquila on 12.08.16 13:03

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@Casey5 wrote:Pat Brown did try to publish her book as an e-book through Amazon as well as a couple of smaller companies. Amazon withdrew it after being approached by Carter Ruck who stated the book was defamatory. Rather than pay for lawyers to go through the book at their expense Amazon decided to pull it instead.
The book is still available through the smaller companies who don't have as big a readership as Amazon and therefore weren't seen as a threat by the McCanns and Carter Ruck.
Then her options to make a living from her book are limited aren't they?

PeterMac published his ebook in PDF format and just promoted it all over the internet to get the material out there to as big an audience as possible, not thinking about making a living from it.

There are also self-publishing sites like lulu.com where I self-published my own book.

Pat has already had one book banned so she knew the risk before writing her second one.

Keeping "new information" in a drawer with mothballs is hardly going to help solve this crime.

Think of the new book she could write if her "new information" helped solve this case and the living she could make from it thereafter.

Even Dr Amaral is contemplating self publishing his next book if he can't find a publisher.
A load of waffling from Pat Brown doesn't excuse her from publishing her book if she thinks it will make a difference and find even a little bit of truth about the demise of Madeleine McCann.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pat Brown: US Publishers Still Afraid to Publish a Truthful Book about Madeleine McCann

Post by Doug D on 12.08.16 13:46

Verdi,

Yes only one e-book as far as I know.

I posted two links to the e-book @ 3.37 yesterday on this thread.

The amazon saga & e-mails etc can be found at:

https://theprimesuspect.wordpress.com/tag/pat-brown/

Also I’m not sure that it was a three way compilation with Amaral & Morais, although presumably she did at least talk to both of them, as from what PB says:

‘Also, to let you all know, it was my preference to write this book as a combined effort with two other authors, Goncalo Amaral and Joana Morais. My agent struck that down because she believed that the publishers would not want a multiple author book with non American co writers.’

It makes little sense to me to take action against one e-book publisher & leave the other two standing though.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.08.16 14:09

Pat Brown withdrew herself from commenting on the Madeleine McCann case on her blog and then reignited her posting.

It's time to pee or get off the potty Pat (I love alliteration).

Publish and be damned. Don't pretend you're sitting on a piece of dynamite that will blow the whole case because you've never pretended that.

Just publish your words. No doubt you'll be castigated for them by some people but you chose to involve yourself in this case.

It's not about bashing you Pat. Your recent blog has seen you taken to victim status and having to monitor/control response.

Just publish your book. Stick it out there for free readership, otherwise close down your blog on the Madeleine case and mean it this time.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 12.08.16 15:47

@Doug D wrote:Verdi,

Yes only one e-book as far as I know.

I posted two links to the e-book @ 3.37 yesterday on this thread.

The amazon saga & e-mails etc can be found at:

https://theprimesuspect.wordpress.com/tag/pat-brown/

Also I’m not sure that it was a three way compilation with Amaral & Morais, although presumably she did at least talk to both of them, as from what PB says:

‘Also, to let you all know, it was my preference to write this book as a combined effort with two other authors, Goncalo Amaral and Joana Morais. My agent struck that down because she believed that the publishers would not want a multiple author book with non American co writers.’

It makes little sense to me to take action against one e-book publisher & leave the other two standing though.
Thank you - apologies for not acknowledging your previous post on the subject, it didn't go unnoticed only I didn't get around to opening the link to theprimesuspect.  Will read later.

I'm pleased you agree with my point about taking action against one distributor whilst ignoring the others.  That is why I suggested that the amazon situation was blown out of proportion, it's my belief that a threatening communication was sent to amazon.co.uk in the name of Messrs Carter-Ruck so they just took the easy option by removing it from their global network.  Carter-Ruck or any other UK lawyers don't have any jurisdiction over a UK based case outside of the UK do they?  That was pretty much my initial question.

Another spot of confusion.  Correct me if I'm wrong but this type of e-book - aren't they usually self-published and then marketed by a book publisher or some other distributor?  To state the obvious, Goncalo Amaral's book was published by a reputable publisher, which would presumably have been through rigorous scrutiny by the publishing house lawyers before going to print.  This was swiftly translated and made available on the internet before it was removed from circulation by the actions of team McCann.  There it is and there it remains for posterity - team McCann can't issue the ultimatum 'thou shall not read it - woe betide', well they can but it would be a bit like weeing against the wind.

ETA:  I have now read the link you provided and it's all much as I thought with the exception of the terms of Amazon's Kindle Shop that apparently has no way of determining libel content of the e-book in question.  Quite understandable as they are not the publisher.

I wonder if Pat Brown's legal representative, Anne M. Bremner, received a reply from her missive to Messrs. Carter-Ruck - I presume not or it would be have been included in Pat Brown's résumé .

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum