The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Judge Mental on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Most babies and toddlers are not comfortable with being bathed by complete strangers or people they have rarely met and cannot remember. One would be interested to learn how many of us have felt comfortable enough, when on holiday with our male and female friends, to allow them to bathe our children.

Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 80
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by littlepixie on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:21 pm

I would never ask a male friend to bathe my children. I dont know anyone elses husband who has ever bathed a child they are not related to and there is no way my husband would ever do it. It seems really strange to me that these men would do it. On a fostering course I was on we were trained in safer caring and that means thinking about what you do - always leaving the bathroom door open when bathing a child you are not related to and always perform personal care such as changing incontinence pads in a safe area if dealing with someone who could be vulnerable. You are even advised to put children in the back seat of the car never in the front with you (even when they are old enought to sit in the front). I am sure some of these rules must apply in a hospital setting.

You are right that children would be frightened or embarrassed by someone they didnt know seeing them in the bath.

My grandson is 9 months old and on the odd occasion I have changed his nappy he looks at me in a funny way as if to say what are you doing, thats my mums job!

littlepixie

Posts : 1340
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Judge Mental on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:05 am


clapping1

One was beginning to think of oneself as a bit of fuddy-duddy there for a moment.


Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 80
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Kololi on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 pm

"Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?"

No, I don't think Mrs Gaspar was being ludicrously paranoid regarding Mr Payne bathing her daughter.

Not sure that babies and very young toddlers would worry about who bathed them tbh but in the day and age that we live in, I think that most mums and dads would be a tadge wary of allowing other people to bathe their children.


Kololi

Posts : 677
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by ufercoffy on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:41 pm

I disagree. I think babies and very young toddlers would mind someone other than their parents bathing them - unless they were familiar with that person.

For instance, I bathe my 4 month old grandson at least 3 times a week and he's perfectly ok about it, but when his other nanna tried to bathe him he kicked up a fuss because he's only seen her once before and she was pretty much a stranger to him.

Babies feel very insecure if they're not with their mum or dad and very young toddlers are aware enough to know if it's mum or dad or a friend/stranger who's bathing them.

As far as I'm aware, David Payne is not a close relative of Madeleine and imo should NOT have been bathing any child other than his own.

Fookin pervert

ufercoffy

Posts : 1641
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Judge Mental on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:13 pm

You are quite right about this age we now live in, kololi. However, one would always have regarded a person with much suspicion had they ever offered to bathe one's own children. And one would have vehemently denied them that access and happily booted them from one end of Malaga to the other. big grin

Your mention of the age we live in is pertinent. Over the past three years particularly, one has found that one could easily find oneself immersed in page after page of information concerning local councillors, MPs, policemen, doctors, nursery workers and all other manner of authority figures and people in positions of trust who have been tried, convicted or fined and placed on the sex offenders register. Of course there are also those who have seemingly managed to evade prosecution for many decades.

Where did all these paedophiles suddenly emerge from? One was so sure that there would be very few paedophiles in Great Britain, yet one cannot turn the page of a newspaper these days without finding that another doctor has been under so much stress with work that he has resorted to 'just looking' at children and babies being sexually abused. One turns the page again, only to find that another councillor is being accused of interfering with young adolescent boys and procuring them for his friends' sexual purposes. Obviously there have always been monsters who are aroused by babies and children, but how would one have discovered there were quite so many of these despicable people, had it not been for the internet which has provided us with all the information that was previously left to rot at the backs of filing cabinets?

The FOI act would have been of little comfort with regard to some cases, had some people not had the foresight to keep hard copies of detailed information and meetings, dating back years, that can now be scanned into computers and shared worldwide. One recently read an FOI response wherein mention was made that a flood had destroyed the pares somebody was requesting. big grin

Therefore, when we look back upon horrendous cases like Haut de la Garenne and such like, we should be reminded that not everybody has had their turn in the dock yet.

Had Operation Ore been remotely successful, one would have expected at least one court per town to be totally dedicated to paedophile related crimes. The City of London alone may have needed at least one court per furlong. big grin

Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 80
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Judge Mental on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:26 pm

@ufercoffy wrote:I disagree. I think babies and very young toddlers would mind someone other than their parents bathing them - unless they were familiar with that person.

For instance, I bathe my 4 month old grandson at least 3 times a week and he's perfectly ok about it, but when his other nanna tried to bathe him he kicked up a fuss because he's only seen her once before and she was pretty much a stranger to him.

Babies feel very insecure if they're not with their mum or dad and very young toddlers are aware enough to know if it's mum or dad or a friend/stranger who's bathing them.

As far as I'm aware, David Payne is not a close relative of Madeleine and imo should NOT have been bathing any child other than his own.

Fookin pervert

One's own children did not take kindly to their own mother at bath-time for some years! The screams from the hair-washing were so dreadful, that many was the time and oft, where one would have to turn up the volume on the record-player to drown out the noise. There were some evenings when dear Strauss truly struggled to muffle the screaming, and only Wagner suited the purpose.

Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 80
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Kololi on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:32 pm

@Judge Mental wrote:You are quite right about this age we now live in, kololi. However, one would always have regarded a person with much suspicion had they ever offered to bathe one's own children. And one would have vehemently denied them that access and happily booted them from one end of Malaga to the other. big grin

Your mention of the age we live in is pertinent. Over the past three years particularly, one has found that one could easily find oneself immersed in page after page of information concerning local councillors, MPs, policemen, doctors, nursery workers and all other manner of authority figures and people in positions of trust who have been tried, convicted or fined and placed on the sex offenders register. Of course there are also those who have seemingly managed to evade prosecution for many decades.

Where did all these paedophiles suddenly emerge from? One was so sure that there would be very few paedophiles in Great Britain, yet one cannot turn the page of a newspaper these days without finding that another doctor has been under so much stress with work that he has resorted to 'just looking' at children and babies being sexually abused. One turns the page again, only to find that another councillor is being accused of interfering with young adolescent boys and procuring them for his friends' sexual purposes. Obviously there have always been monsters who are aroused by babies and children, but how would one have discovered there were quite so many of these despicable people, had it not been for the internet which has provided us with all the information that was previously left to rot at the backs of filing cabinets?

The FOI act would have been of little comfort with regard to some cases, had some people not had the foresight to keep hard copies of detailed information and meetings, dating back years, that can now be scanned into computers and shared worldwide. One recently read an FOI response wherein mention was made that a flood had destroyed the pares somebody was requesting. big grin

Therefore, when we look back upon horrendous cases like Haut de la Garenne and such like, we should be reminded that not everybody has had their turn in the dock yet.

Had Operation Ore been remotely successful, one would have expected at least one court per town to be totally dedicated to paedophile related crimes. The City of London alone may have needed at least one court per furlong. big grin


Child molesters and perverts have probably always been around since the beginning of time and we are hearing more of it now, not just because of the internet but all manner of things including TV and together, all the modern ways of communication makes the world a smaller place so that we see and hear more about such awful people and there are less places for them to hide.

People also seem more prepared to talk about such things openly now and our attitudes seem to have changed. Women don't have to stay in cruel and abusive marriages no longer because there are other options open to them other than for them to stay put. It is not acceptable, in many peoples minds that children should be abused either sexually, emotionally or physically.

You mention Haut de la Garenne which may have been abuse on a large scale but I am willing to wager that there are individuals who could tell of equally as awful experiences that they have had during their childhood and because they are only one person their stories might never see the light of day let alone them having their day in court where those responsible are brought to task.

Of course, there is the other side of the coin nowadays, where peoples reputations, careers and lives could be ruined by a fantasy or a bit of spiteful fib telling. Whilst I believe that abuse of children is bigger than we realised a few years ago, I would hate to think that some innocent soul has their life turned upside down because of something that is simply not true.

I suppose I am saying that it concerns me that whilst we need to take allegations made by children seriously, we should maintain some awareness that not every mum or dad taking photos at the school sports day is doing so for the wrong reasons. I would hate to see the baby thrown out with the bath water and do not believe that there is a paedophile lurking around every corner.



Kololi

Posts : 677
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Kololi on Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:35 pm

And why are you making little grinning faces at me instead of your usual grimaces????

Please stick to insulting me - I am used to it now and the little grinning faces are unnerving me.

Mind I suppose I need to respond in kind and a grinning face deserves a grinning type of face back.

daft1

Kololi

Posts : 677
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by aiyoyo on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:46 am

@Kololi wrote:"Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?"

No, I don't think Mrs Gaspar was being ludicrously paranoid regarding Mr Payne bathing her daughter.

Not sure that babies and very young toddlers would worry about who bathed them tbh but in the day and age that we live in, I think that most mums and dads would be a tadge wary of allowing other people to bathe their children.


Considering what she'd witnessed she was right to be careful, but doesnt mean she was paranoid because she didnt deem it serious enough to lodge a report - more cautious than paranoid I would think.

And, yeah, very young children are v innonence without concept of privary and generally wouldn't mind who bath them especially if they are sharing bath and having fun with their little friends.

Was there evidence those children took bath together?

Was there evidence DP bathed friend's child/children? OR is madame gaspar statement taken out of context?

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Judge Mental on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:40 am

It may very well turn out be a figment of her imagination, or we may yet hear that both Gaspars only went to the police for bit of a lark. You know what some doctors are like these days. They can have far too much time on their hands.

One is quite surprised that a spokesperson, speaking on behalf of a family friend, has not already brought us a brief statement from the Gaspars, saying there has been a complete misunderstanding. That this was just a childish prank they thought up because they were feeling a little bit bored one night, and more than peeved that they had not been invited to Praia da Luz for a holiday with their close friends. That the next day saw them get into a double-dare situation where neither would back down, which ended up in their making statements to the police and making up all manner of silly stories.

The spokesperson would then apologise for their having caused such distress, and tell us that we have to remember they were only two ordinary pranksters carrying out a bit of a prank. They were not wearing watches and they did not have their telephones with them. That the British people have a completely different way of treating their friends than the Portuguese would treat theirs. That British people carry out the craziest of pranks all the time. That every British person probably does something quite similar twice a week, as it is perfectly normal British behaviour to get your friends into trouble with the police. The spokesperson would remind us that everything would be explained, but that we were to stop questioning the situation or else we would be sued, because the gloves are off. And to take care. .

Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 80
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by aiyoyo on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:08 am

Sorry I dont understand that talk in riddles.

I dont think madame gaspar made that statement for a lark. Nonetheless the fact remains unaltered she didnt think it was serious enough to lodge a complaint at that time. Why did she wait two years? She's a doctor herself and should know all about proper conduct where children are concerned.

Just saying her DP off limit to her daughter bath time may just be a follow up passing comment because of her discomfort with the behaviour of two imbeciles which though she was disturbed about, didnt translate into her going to the authorities to make complaint at that time, which can only mean she not disturbed to the extent of paranoid - but obviously post Maddie appearance that took on a different perspective for her hence the statement; again just a precaution measure in case there was something in it (as in a past record) and it's time the police investigate either to eliminate the cause of her concerns, or to see whether it had anything to do with disappeared child concerned -just my take of thing anyway.

Again imho I believe she is doing her public duty in view of the circumstance, and not because she was fully convinced that aspect co-relates to Maddie disappearance.

Any chance of posting up her statement to determine whether it was stated beyond shadow of doubt DP asked to bathe people's children? Or was her bath remark taken out of context?

As to the oft-asked question of why the two imbeciles, especially DP, didnt rebut, my take is: if he did come out in public to rebut he would only be drawing attention to himself which can generate unwanted public wrath.

Am guessing because of no prior record combined with police satisfaction with results of their investigation of that aspect was good enough to let it drop and be, and do nothing about it as best option.

If there was nothing in it, and he'd be foolish to come out and protest because it would be a case of the chinese saying: the more you try to undo a paint unnecessarily, the more you paint over the darker it becomes; the more brush stroke the more condense the matter.

Imo he'd been advised to say nothing in order not to bring unnecessary and unwanted attention not only to himself but to the lot as a whole.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Kololi on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:06 am

Adding to the points that Aiyoyo makes, to dash off to the police at the time because one finds it odd that some guy in your party is offering to bath your children would be a bit paranoid in my opinion.

She was uncomfortable with it at the time it appears but, in my opinion, rightly, did not immediately jump to bigger conclusions, you know, "paedo alert, must dash to the police and the press and save the children from this man whilst turning his life on its head for a suspicion".

Allegations can be made that are found to be untrue and even when shown to be untrue, there will always be people of the mindset that there is no smoke without a fire who will choose to believe that some innocent person must have done something at least and the innocent person's life could be ruined. Not every child yelling pervert will be a delightfully honest, lies couldn't pass their lips child.

Maybe Mrs Gaspar was right to be cautious and equally right not to go overboard with her concerns at the time. Nobody is saying that Mrs Gaspar went to the police for a lark. Madeleine disappears whilst her family was on holiday with Mr Payne. It seems to me that it is quite reasonable at that stage for her to remember her concern and mention it to the police. I am guessing that the police checked it out because I have faith in our police whether you like that or not. Possibly, for reasons that we are not entitled to know, they felt that there was nothing to show that Mr Payne had a history of paedo type behaviour so no further action would be taken.

We are not entitled to know everything about everybody, that would make us nosey busybodies, and I am not sure that was the intention of the Freedom of Information Act to be honest.






Kololi

Posts : 677
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Cherry on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:37 am

kololi - Possibly, for reasons that we are not entitled to know, they felt that there was nothing to show that Mr Payne had a history of paedo type behaviour so no further action would be taken.

I dont think we can make that assumption though imo, we know that in some cases the Police protect paedophiles, Westminster is said to be riddled with them with very few so far been arrested and brought to account, the media were suppressed by Blair in relation to Operation Ore because it was uncovering government ministers, celebrities, well known people etc., we know GM was connected to the government, we know he said they were calling in some favours, we know that LP held back the Gaspar statements wasnt it until Amaral was out the way? In this country the Police are protecting elite paedophile rings - it is the same in some other countries as well - therefore I dont think we can assume that there was nothing to show that DP had a history of paedo type behaviour. Obviously nobody can say categorically that he did - we will have to wait and see what transpires.

I agree it would have been difficult for Mrs. Gaspar to go to the Police initially regarding her suspicions, it would have been her word against his and GM but in light of what she then heard about Madeleine disappearing she certainly did the right thing by reporting her suspicions then, I also think it was a very brave thing for her to do, many would have not done so and buried their head in the sand imo, not an easy thing to do to report someone she had been on holiday with.

Cherry

Posts : 2152
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : Emirates Stadium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by aiyoyo on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:44 am

Yeah...her delayed reaction or reporting means she's disturbed more than paranoid about the lewd action.

Nonetheless, she did right going to the UK police to let the police rule in or rule out that aspect when Maddie disappeared, as both the lewd conduct men were with her on holiday.
I would be really surprised if the police did not investigate it. In fact once such a statement is received, they are obligated to investigate -it's not an option.

The pertinent question is: why did they delay transmitting that statement to their counterpart in PT? No matter the outcome of their investigation or their opinion of it, they are not within their right to decide which info to pass on ot which to withhold. A major concern like this should not be the UK perogative to decide on its merit value to the investigation.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by aiyoyo on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:14 am

@Cherry wrote:kololi - Possibly, for reasons that we are not entitled to know, they felt that there was nothing to show that Mr Payne had a history of paedo type behaviour so no further action would be taken.

I dont think we can make that assumption though imo, we know that in some cases the Police protect paedophiles, Westminster is said to be riddled with them with very few so far been arrested and brought to account, the media were suppressed by Blair in relation to Operation Ore because it was uncovering government ministers, celebrities, well known people etc., we know GM was connected to the government, we know he said they were calling in some favours, we know that LP held back the Gaspar statements wasnt it until Amaral was out the way? In this country the Police are protecting elite paedophile rings - it is the same in some other countries as well - therefore I dont think we can assume that there was nothing to show that DP had a history of paedo type behaviour. Obviously nobody can say categorically that he did - we will have to wait and see what transpires.


Oh, its a given the govt. is notoriously well-known for covering up all manners of misdemeanour, even darker matters, than paedophile allegations or activities when it concerns politicians. In fact it's their nature and interest to do so - self perservation at all cost.

Still, I seriously doubt the govt adeptness at lying and manupilative tactics stretched anywhere near DP. Why should they protect him? He is not politician though he's civil servant under NHS. There are plenty departments that come under the govt umbrella....their long arm protection can't possibly extend to blanket cover for all civil servants.

For them (politician) to cover up for DP it would mean the police have to fill them in on that, now why would the police do that?

I agree it would have been difficult for Mrs. Gaspar to go to the Police initially regarding her suspicions, it would have been her word against his and GM but in light of what she then heard about Madeleine disappearing she certainly did the right thing by reporting her suspicions then, I also think it was a very brave thing for her to do, many would have not done so and buried their head in the sand imo, not an easy thing to do to report someone she had been on holiday with.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Cherry on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:45 am

If DP was involved in something so may GM have been involved in it - the Gaspars statements referred to not only DP but also GM - who was linked to the government through Comare which I believe Andrew Brown was also linked to through EDF energy. It was GM who allegedly said about calling in favours, it may not have just been protecting DP - it may have been an effort to protect the others including GM (if some suspicions are correct about their activities), also we are told there was someone else out there who cant be named - that person may have needed protecting too, wasnt CM out there at the time also? If one goes down like a pack of cards they all come crashing down, one person could also start singing to protect himself and start naming others, they would all have to be protected so it wouldnt just be about protecting DP (obviously we are speculating about this in light of the Gaspar statements, suppresion of the Press which frequently happens in relation to paedophile cases). We cannot say with any certainty that this is what has happened as we dont know for sure so only giving opinions based on what we know which may be right or wrong. Also it is felt that freemasonry plays a part, and 'brothers' would need to be protected at all cost imo

Cherry

Posts : 2152
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : Emirates Stadium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Judge Mental on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:46 pm

@aiyoyo wrote:Sorry I dont understand that talk in riddles.

I dont think madame gaspar made that statement for a lark. Nonetheless the fact remains unaltered she didnt think it was serious enough to lodge a complaint at that time. Why did she wait two years? She's a doctor herself and should know all about proper conduct where children are concerned.

Just saying her DP off limit to her daughter bath time may just be a follow up passing comment because of her discomfort with the behaviour of two imbeciles which though she was disturbed about, didnt translate into her going to the authorities to make complaint at that time, which can only mean she not disturbed to the extent of paranoid - but obviously post Maddie appearance that took on a different perspective for her hence the statement; again just a precaution measure in case there was something in it (as in a past record) and it's time the police investigate either to eliminate the cause of her concerns, or to see whether it had anything to do with disappeared child concerned -just my take of thing anyway.

Again imho I believe she is doing her public duty in view of the circumstance, and not because she was fully convinced that aspect co-relates to Maddie disappearance.

Any chance of posting up her statement to determine whether it was stated beyond shadow of doubt DP asked to bathe people's children? Or was her bath remark taken out of context?

As to the oft-asked question of why the two imbeciles, especially DP, didnt rebut, my take is: if he did come out in public to rebut he would only be drawing attention to himself which can generate unwanted public wrath.

Am guessing because of no prior record combined with police satisfaction with results of their investigation of that aspect was good enough to let it drop and be, and do nothing about it as best option.

If there was nothing in it, and he'd be foolish to come out and protest because it would be a case of the chinese saying: the more you try to undo a paint unnecessarily, the more you paint over the darker it becomes; the more brush stroke the more condense the matter.

Imo he'd been advised to say nothing in order not to bring unnecessary and unwanted attention not only to himself but to the lot as a whole.

@ aiyoyo

Having read your post, it appears that you are doing yourself an injustice by saying you do not understand any 'talk in riddles' you found in my post, as you have clearly grasped that the Gaspars would most certainly not have made statements just for a lark or to waste police time.

However, one is a little perplexed regarding your own riddle about the Chinese and their painting styles though big grin

One would have thought that painting over something would only make it darker if one were to use a dark paint. A light-coloured paint would effectively make it lighter, as in a whitewash for instance. And indeed more brush strokes alone would only create density if one were to keep putting extra paint on the brush.

However, one would not wish to pursue this riddle of yours any further, lest it detract from any discussion about the Gaspars statements made to Leicester police.

Sexist, racist or mother-in-law jokes could be considered poor behaviour between two imbeciles, however making references to children in a sexual way is not something a normal person would see as jocular or amusing. We have to remember this is not Frankie Boyle at The Comedy Club, making the public aware that paedophilia is no longer a taboo subject.

This is a case of two adult males in a private and intimate situation, speaking the unspeakable in front of other friends from their group as if it were quite normal to do so. The fact that neither the Gaspars nor the two imbeciles carried on the conversation to qualify what they had said, or even to explain their behaviour, speaks volumes.

The fact that no apology was forthcoming, and indeed that further invitations were extended to the Gaspars turns the volume up higher. Because this was further proof that the two males were not embarrassed by what they said and have considered it quite normal behaviour. One would therefore conclude that the Gaspar statements are most valuable to the investigation and the police in Portugal should have had sight of those statements the moment they made them. Let us be in no doubt that a telephone call from Leicester police to the Portuguese police should have been made even before those statements were typed up by the secretaries.


Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 80
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Judge Mental on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Cherry wrote ............ 'I dont think we can make that assumption though imo, we know that in some cases the Police protect paedophiles, Westminster is said to be riddled with them with very few so far been arrested and brought to account, the media were suppressed by Blair in relation to Operation Ore because it was uncovering government ministers, celebrities, well known people etc'

One is bearing in mind that whilst being interviewed as a witness, David Payne made mention of his having called somebody in the British police service who knows about this sort of thing. Whatever this sort of thing is or was, is something we have yet to learn.

Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 80
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Cherry on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:12 pm

It wouldnt have been Gamble he rung would it?

Cherry

Posts : 2152
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : Emirates Stadium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by ufercoffy on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Has David Payne sued the Gaspars yet?

ufercoffy

Posts : 1641
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Judge Mental on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:55 pm

@ufercoffy wrote:Has David Payne sued the Gaspars yet?

Has Nelson got his eye back?

laughat

Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 80
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Judge Mental on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:58 pm

@Cherry wrote:It wouldnt have been Gamble he rung would it?

The jury is still out as to whether Gamble was contacted by the person whom Payne first contacted late at night.

Judge Mental

Posts : 2764
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-03-17
Age : 80
Location : Chambers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by Cherry on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Thanks JM thinking

Cherry

Posts : 2152
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : Emirates Stadium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Mrs Gaspar being ludicrously paranoid regarding Payne bathing her daughter?

Post by aiyoyo on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:33 am

[quote="Judge Mental]

@ aiyoyo

Having read your post, it appears that you are doing yourself an injustice by saying you do not understand any 'talk in riddles' you found in my post, as you have clearly grasped that the Gaspars would most certainly not have made statements just for a lark or to waste police time.


It is still my belief la dame's statement was a precaution measure of her initial concern more than an accusation of any kind. A mon avis, people are reading too much into it.

It just proves la dame acts within reasons and did rationalise the situation before acting.
She didnt report it before because she didnt warrant it serious and didnt want to over-react to a 'could be' over-read scenario. On the other hand, she did right when Maddie disappearance, if nothing else then for the police to rule it out.


[/quote]

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 319
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum