The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

THERESA MAY IS OUR NEW PRIME MINISTER

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: THERESA MAY IS OUR NEW PRIME MINISTER

Post by pennylane on 11.07.16 17:04

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Hi MayM

Can't remember exactly but it said that 1000 barristers have signed a letter to ?Cameron to say that the referendum was advisory only and cannot stand and that due to misrepresentation by the Leave campaigners (350 million pounds given to EU) would be challenged.  Along those lines anyway.
I would like to publicly give my congratulations to Theresa May on becoming the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

That is not to say that I overlook many concerns about her, of which four seem to be the most important:

1. The repeated and inexcusable failure to do much much more to control inward migration and expel those migrants (e.g. with bad criminal records) who have no place here
2. Supporting the Remainers, when so many of her Cabinet colleagues had the wisdom, intelligence and courage to campaign for BREXIT
3. Her disastrous appointment of establishment figures like Lady Woolf and Lady Butler-Sloss to chair the much-needed inquiry into child abuse, and
4. Her almost total failure to stand up to and root out the appalling level of police corruption in the U.K.

She is a woman who has made it to the top - well done. The last woman Prime Minister, whatever else may be said against her, inherited a failing economy at the mercy of too-powerful trade unions and left it in a healthy state after 11 years in office - probably more than most of her male colleagues were capable of at the time. 

I am pleased that the Conservative leadership contest has been resolved today, 11 July - and not over 8 weeks later, on 9 September.

The stock market has in consequence had another very good day - it is now more than 11% above what it was four weeks ago, and within an hour of Andrea Leadsom making her statement, I saw that the pound was up over 1% from 1.286 against the dollar to 1.305.

I wish her every success. I hope she and her team will now be able to withstand the mammoth onslaught that will now follow from all those who for one reason or another are currently angry and distraught about the BREXIT decision.

I hope she will be 1000% more honest with us than David Cameron and his fellow-travellers have been over the past year.

Finally, as for the 1,000 barristers, their case is hopeless.

Look at the quotations I've put up by David Cameron on this thread...'This is your decision', 'The day after any BREXITt vote we will trigger Article 50' and 'Your vote will decide this for a generation' etc.:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12999-government-statement-on-the-petition-calling-for-a-second-eu-referendum-9-july-2016

As for claims that there was 'misrepresentation' by the LEAVE campaign, what about all those apocalyptic threats of World War III and a world-wide recession following BREXIT which would have frightened so many into voting REMAIN??

WE DECIDED
@Tony  goodpost

Congratulations to Theresa May! 

Make us proud please.  pray2

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.07.16 17:20

@sallypelt wrote:
...it's not the fact that TM (who I have always had great respect for) will become PM, but the hypocrisy of the powers that be. They can't accept a DEMOCRATIC vote, if it goes against their wishes, but they turn a blind eye, when things go their way. Makes one's blood boil!
YES, how true!

I expect you remember the vote about 20 years ago for a Welsh Assembly.

IIRC about 50.5% of Welsh people voted for this expensive new tier of government, on something like a 22% turnout!! 

There were many cries of 'There is no mandate for this on such a low turnout!'

These cries were arrogantly brushed aside by the government, who said:

'50.5% were in favour, that's a majority, so we will have a Welsh Assembly'.

Now look how they're reacting after:

* over 33 million voted

* there were 1.25 million more votes for LEAVE than for REMAIN, and

* there was a 72.5% turnout!

Undemocratic hypocrites, as you rightly say

=============

ETA:  Tonight:

Stock market highest it's been for the past 11 months:

Pound up against the euro from £ = 1.16.4 euros to £ = 1.17.6 euros since Thursday 7th:

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 11.07.16 19:34

Excellent,the country has a PM for 4 years,and like the unelected EU mps,is also unelected.
And she will no doubt pass the buck when things go wrong onto brexit.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/james-obrien-ridicules-leadsoms-black-ops-claim-133615

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.07.16 19:58

@notlongnow wrote:Excellent, the country has a PM for 4 years, and like the unelected E.U. MEPs, is also unelected.
Let's just unpick the above and make a number of corrections.

1  Every 5 years we vote n the U.K. for a Party.

2  It has been the custom for centuries that if a Party leader dies or retires between general elections, the party in government chooses the new leader/Prime Minister. Same happened in JUne 1997 just after Madeleine McCann was abducted reported missing

3  Every 5 years in the U.K. we can vote out any Party we don't like, or to put it more correctly, we can each vote out the MP who represents our own local area 

4  Actually, the E.U. MEPs ARE elected. It's just that they have no powers. Unlike our MPs, they are not allowed to propose any laws - only the E.U. Commission has that power. And when the MEPs vote, once again they have zero power; their votes are merely advisory, a recommendation. Again unlike our system, where our elected MPs make the law by their votes in  the House of Commons

5  The people who actually make E.U. law are the EU Commissioners. We do NOT directly elect any of them. We cannot vote them out of office. Each country can appoint one Commissioner, then the Commission decides who gets what job. Jean-Claude Juncker is the President of the European Commission. He got there by being the Finance Minister of Luxembourg, a country about the size of Surrey. The country makes most of its money by being a tax haven. Who elected him? No-one. How can we thrown him out? We can't. Only the Commission can do that

6  SUMMARY - The only people we actually elect to the E.U. are the Euro MEPs and they have no powers whatsoever!

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 11.07.16 20:03

All the Tory ministers I`ve heard interviewed so far seem to be `all sytems go` for Brexit - almost as if this is what was meant to happen all along.  Surely not.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 11.07.16 20:06

@Richard IV wrote:All the Tory ministers I`ve heard interviewed so far seem to be `all sytems go` for Brexit - almost as if this is what was meant to happen all along.  Surely not.
Richard, I am of the same opinion. I have a sneaky feeling that this is what most politicians have wanted all along. But it's purely just my opinion.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 11.07.16 20:08

One of the Brexit leaders should have been made to be PM.
My guess is the cowards panicked as they really didn't think they would win.
It is a joke that they have all run off leaving the country in a mess.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win!

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.07.16 20:22

@sallypelt wrote:
@Richard IV wrote:All the Tory ministers I`ve heard interviewed so far seem to be `all sytems go` for Brexit - almost as if this is what was meant to happen all along.  Surely not.
Richard, I am of the same opinion. I have a sneaky feeling that this is what most politicians have wanted all along. But it's purely just my opinion.
For years, opinion has been moving towards Brexit.

UKIP got there back in the 1990s.

They were laughed at, and anyone who thought the same way was ridiculed.

In 1992, John Major tried to railroad the Maastricht Treaty through, but was opposed by 8 Conservative MPs. Major called them 'b***ards.

Ever since then, Conservatives have called any eurosceptics in their ranks 'troublemakers'.

Conservative leaders called UKIP members 'cranks, nutters, fruitcakes and gadflies' for believing that Britain could be better off outside the EU.

Is not this quote especially appropriate at this moment?

First they ignore you,
then they laugh at you,
then they fight you,
then you win.      

There's another group of 'troublesome' sceptics out there, sometimes also called 'cranks' and 'nutters'.

McCann-sceptics.

At first they too were ignored...

ETA: Cameron hums a jaunty tune "Doo-Doooo. Doo-Dooo", as he says 'goodbye':

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/did-david-cameron-hum-the-west-wing-theme-after-handing-over-prime-ministerial-duties-to-theresa-may-a7131331.html

If it's in the key of C, then I think the notes are E - G. E - C.  Not sure if it's the 'West Wing' theme tune though.

He looked really fed up

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 11.07.16 21:23

spit coffee  David Cameron is singing as if he's just heard that his execution has been lifted, and he's free to go. rotfl

Watch the video:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/11/david-cameron-caught-singing-a-little-tune-to-himself-as-he-re-e/

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 11.07.16 22:13

@sallypelt wrote:spit coffee  David Cameron is singing as if he's just heard that his execution has been lifted, and he's free to go. rotfl

Watch the video:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/11/david-cameron-caught-singing-a-little-tune-to-himself-as-he-re-e/
I haven't read the newspapers or watched the news today.

I don't know what Cameron was singing but when I read he was singing it brought to mind the song 'Good-bye-ee, good-bye-ee Wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee Tho' its hard to part I know I'll be tickled to death to go Don' cry-ee, don't sigh-ee ..."

emo3

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 11.07.16 23:51

Camerun looked as sick as a parrot I thought.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Chilcot debate on Wednesday and Thursday of this week.  Will Camerun lead it on both days?

Looks like Liam Fox will be one of her May's Ministers.   I hope not but he has been with her a lot today so probably correct.   Conservative and Lib Dems brought back David Laws after he had resigned which was not very popular.  Why do we need people who have had to resign back in top jobs?  So much new blood I think it is pathetic to bring him back if that is what happens.

Same old same old if she does, so much for new beginnings.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 12.07.16 0:26

Theresa May has given speeches today about big business, leaving the Eu and wealth for all not just the privileged few.  Believe that when I see it.

What I didn't hear was anything about our NHS I would like to know why?

We now have a new PM who has not given any commitments regarding the NHS and yet I cannot find any journalist or tv commentator asking why we haven't.

Why did she have secret meeting with Branson - reported by Sky?

Would someone in the media please ask and shoudn't someone have asked her before she was automatically made PM?

Why aren't the other parties asking this question?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hentie on 12.07.16 11:20

I say give Theresa May a chance. This country is in a mess. 
Labour can't get their own house in order let alone run the country.
TM is taking on a huge task, don't let's knock her before she's even started.

hentie
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.07.16 11:33

@hentie wrote:I say give Theresa May a chance. This country is in a mess. 
I agree. clapping

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 12.07.16 11:39

@aquila wrote:
I agree. clapping

Yes exactly, give the woman a chance.........

Thank goodness Cameron has gone!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 12.07.16 11:53

I agree. Let's give her a chance to pull the Country together and make a success of it.

IMO we have had decades of poor-performing PMs, going back in my case to Harold Wilson and the cancellation of TSR2.  A chance to rise above them and shine.

Given time , I think both Imports and Exports with a World market should improve.

So let's hope TM can give her best to all of the challenges.

whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 12.07.16 12:17

All we are singing, is give Therese a chance.

Let's hope she tells the PR gurus to sod off and doesn't do any 'at home in my kitchen at number 10' bully.

Let's hope she walks into Number 10, begins work and doesn't rip out Samantha's kitchen to do an 'at home with the Prime Minister'.

Let's hope she just gets on with the job, that job being Brexit.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 12.07.16 12:25

Good news for LARRY:

Larry the cat is to keep his job - and home - at Downing Street after it was confirmed he would be spared eviction when David Cameron leaves on Wednesday. Mrs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36772515

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 12.07.16 12:41

We have no option but to give her a chance, but if everyone thinks that it is all going to go smoothly and things will be rosy I think forget it.   Duncan Smith and many others are furious and I doubt there will be unity in the party.

The grass roots didn't get a chance to have a say and NOBODY got a chance to know what she intended to do. 

Let's not forget she has gone along with all the austerity measures all the cuts to disabled, bedroom tax, in opposition she was against University fees increases but in goverment voted for them and she backed Remain and she has had a secret meeting with Branson.  She has not been questioned about any of this before becoming PM.

I really cannot believe that people are happy about it.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Theresa May

Post by willowthewisp on 12.07.16 13:15

No wonder dodgy Dave was humming a Tune,Theresa will make Dave a Lord to sit alongside Lord Hague to toughen up the second debating Chamber, with their long held belief of No Child Abuse by the Elite from Society in the past Fifty odd years,"Nothing to See Here,Now Move along", that's un less our European Former colleagues still wish to keep to any "secret Tryst"they may have brokered, prior to the Referendum result,(Allowing over Two Million people to register late and the fix still didn't work )Eh dodgy Dave?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 12.07.16 13:24

On the T May 'prime ministerialship/coronation' of the new UKorea, population appox 65,000,000, only .000105% (69 Tory 'mp's) of the 'population', CHOOSE her as 'pm'.

So much for 'the ordinary, working people' (getting a 'vote') eh, 'Tongy'?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.07.16 13:26

@plebgate wrote:We have no option but to give her a chance, but if everyone thinks that it is all going to go smoothly and things will be rosy I think forget it.   Duncan Smith and many others are furious and I doubt there will be unity in the party.

The grass roots didn't get a chance to have a say and NOBODY got a chance to know what she intended to do. 

Let's not forget she has gone along with all the austerity measures all the cuts to disabled, bedroom tax, in opposition she was against University fees increases but in goverment voted for them and she backed Remain and she has had a secret meeting with Branson.  She has not been questioned about any of this before becoming PM.

I think she has worked very hard - but at the same time she has also carefully planned for this moment. I think she has aimed high - for the top job.

Let us now see whether she makes good use of her position

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 12.07.16 13:29

I pray, PRAY, that JC, says to Dodgy Dave, at PMQ's, tomorrow...... 'For heaven’s sake man, GO!’

Oh, the 'irony'!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 12.07.16 13:59

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@plebgate wrote:We have no option but to give her a chance, but if everyone thinks that it is all going to go smoothly and things will be rosy I think forget it.   Duncan Smith and many others are furious and I doubt there will be unity in the party.

I think she has worked very hard - but at the same time she has also carefully planned for this moment. I think she has aimed high - for the top job.

Let us now see whether she makes good use of her position

T May did not mince words in arguing for snap elections when Brown took office in 2007.

After then-chancellor Gordon Brown replaced Blair without an election May, then shadow leader of the House of Commons, accused Brown of having “no democratic mandate.”

“So whenever Gordon Brown chooses to call a general election, we will be ready for him. He has no democratic mandate He has a reputation tainted by his failures after a decade in office. And he has no new ideas. An early election? Bring it on! May wrote in an article for ConservativeHome.

2007: Conservative leader David Cameron congratulated Gordon Brown on becoming Prime Minister - but demanded he hold an immediate General Election.

He said: “Gordon Brown doesn’t have the mandate, he wasn’t elected as prime minister, and he should go to the country.”

Convenient "Brain FOG" by Camerun and May?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Theresa May

Post by willowthewisp on 12.07.16 14:06

@jeanmonroe wrote:I pray, PRAY, that JC, says to Dodgy Dave, at PMQ's, tomorrow...... 'For heaven’s sake man, GO!’

Oh, the 'irony'!
While(JC) could say the comments Go,Another Parrot(Eagle) would also be there to reiterate Go but with another 172 Parasitical PLP members"That's the Way to Do It"? winkwink

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum