The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

The Big Theresa May I Want To Be Prime Minister Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Big Theresa May I Want To Be Prime Minister Gallery

Post by MayMuse on 04.07.16 21:59

She can want all she likes, doesn't mean she will get it! girlno

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 04.07.16 22:06

Get'emGonçalo wrote:When will we know?
Who knows, September? 
Praying it's not her.

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 04.07.16 22:44

Announced today that Boris is backing Leadsom. I guess that's to be expected.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 04.07.16 22:52

pennylane wrote:Announced today that Boris is backing Leadsom. I guess that's to be expected.

I'm thought I heard on Sky News that Michael Gove was stepping down and that his supporters would then back Andrea.

Could be wrong though cos I was trying to listen to the radio at the same time!

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 04.07.16 22:59

Get'emGonçalo wrote:
pennylane wrote:Announced today that Boris is backing Leadsom. I guess that's to be expected.

I'm thought I heard on Sky News that Michael Gove was stepping down and that his supporters would then back Andrea.

Wouldn't surprise me at all Jill if he has, or if he does soon. Gove's probably figured he doesn't stand a chance, and wants to do all he can to insure May doesn't get in. Shame if he has stepped down though (imo).

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 05.07.16 0:33

Oh, oobee doo

I wanna be like you-ou-ou

I wanna walk like you

Talk like you, too-oo-oo....

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 05.07.16 7:46

pennylane wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me at all Jill if he has, or if he does soon. Gove's probably figured he doesn't stand a chance, and wants to do all he can to insure May doesn't get in. Shame if he has stepped down though (imo).
Looks like Gove is still in the running Jill.   I'm really pleased about that! roses

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.07.16 7:56

pennylane wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:

Looks like Gove is still in the running Jill.   I'm really pleased about that! roses
Education Secretary Nicky Morgan is backing him and was on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme backing him. She spoke of Gove's (and I agree with her) deep convictions and his track record in government. There was also a news item about Andrea Leadsom's involvement in getting money from private, tax-avoiding trusts, a practice described as 'unacceptable' by the government.     

Nicky Morgan was a Remainer but has obviously read the runes as she says the country needs a Brexiteer in charge

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 05.07.16 8:04

Tony Bennett wrote:
pennylane wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Get'emGonçalo wrote:

Education Secretary Nicky Morgan is backing him and was on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme backing him. She spoke of Gove's (and I agree with her) deep convictions and his track record in government. There was also a news item about Andrea Leadsom's involvement in getting money from private, tax-avoiding trusts, a practice described as 'unacceptable' by the government.     

Nicky Morgan was a Remainer but has obviously read the runes as she says the country needs a Brexiteer in charge
Morning Tony, thank you for your reply.  I'm glad Nicky Morgan is backing Gove.  Interesting re Leadsom's dubious financial dealings!  Also her promo for remaining in the EU which was not that long ago really, makes me skeptical re her motives.

I favor Gove over Leadsom and hope he wins!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 8:42

If there is evidence of Andrea and dodgy dealings she needs to come clean now.   I am still backing her until we see evidence of it.

Of course she wouldn't be the only one who might have had money in tax avoiding trusts as we heard several months ago, but Osborne is supposed to be shutting it all down.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JimbobJones on 05.07.16 9:39

Isnt this all just delaying tactics . . . ? Cameron could have signed article 50 immediately and still resigned. I always thought they would never let us leave. As the greatest living Englishman once said "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
Still keeping my fingers crossed.

JimbobJones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 05.07.16 9:46

JimbobJones wrote:Isnt this all just delaying tactics . . . ? Cameron could have signed article 50 immediately and still resigned. I always thought they would never let us leave. As the greatest living Englishman once said "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

Which is why we need a true Brexiteer at the helm, and not one of those who have openly promoted the EU!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 05.07.16 10:02

pennylane wrote:
JimbobJones wrote:Isnt this all just delaying tactics . . . ? Cameron could have signed article 50 immediately and still resigned. I always thought they would never let us leave. As the greatest living Englishman once said "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

Which is why we need a true Brexiteer at the helm, and not one of those who have openly promoted the EU!
Absolutely Pennylane, I don't trust having a PM who is pro EU. Conflict of interests,then again they are all fickle!

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 05.07.16 10:17

MayMuse wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Absolutely Pennylane, I don't trust having a PM who is pro EU. Conflict of interests,then again they are all fickle!

.....and notoriously treacherous too, so perhaps many of those claiming to back May will do otherwise! pray2

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 10:23

pennylane wrote:

Indeed and that's why Andrea imo should get the vote.   She was much better than Boris in the debate against The Three Remain women.   Very much better I thought.

Andrea has said that she changed her mind when she saw that the immigration numbers could not be limited.  Good enough for me and certainly better than May who hedged her bets very cunningly I thought.

Gove has said that he backed Boris to the hilt but changed his mind when he saw Boris backtracking although an article today in the Express suggests that Gove never really thought of Boris as a potential PM.  Who should we believe?

I still am of opinion that we can't trust any of them really but Andrea at mo. seems to be trustworthy than most I think.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 10:24

pennylane wrote:
MayMuse wrote:
pennylane wrote:

.....and notoriously treacherous too, so perhaps many of those claiming to back May will do otherwise! pray2
I hope so.   thumbup

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 06.07.16 0:20

Tory leadership: Theresa May tops first vote but Liam Fox out

Home Secretary Theresa May has comfortably won the first round of the contest to become the next Conservative leader and UK prime minister.

Mrs May got 165 of the 329 votes cast by Tory MPs. Andrea Leadsom came second with 66 votes. Michael Gove got 48.

Liam Fox, who came last with 16 votes, has been eliminated. Stephen Crabb, in fourth with 34 votes, has dropped out.

Further voting will narrow the field to two. The eventual outcome, decided by party members, is due on 9 September.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36718196

Another two months wasted!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 06.07.16 7:29

Verdi wrote:Another two months wasted!
Quite deliberately.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 06.07.16 9:38

I wasn't sure where to post this but as it's a Theresa May thread I thought I'd put it here. Peter was a journalist for The Independent.

The Article Our Corrupt Home Secretary, Theresa May, Tried To Censor.

https://peterreynolds.wordpress.com/2016/07/02/the-article-our-corrupt-home-secretary-theresa-may-tried-to-censor/

Two of Peter's comments on this article:

It seems obvious to me that this is Ms May using the office of Home Secretary to her own ends. After all she has the police and MI5 at her disposal – and those are the enforcers we know about. What other forces can she command as it suits her?

An apologist for Theresa May is either in a state of ignorance, delusion or in charge of propaganda. She is an extremely dangerous woman and her disregard for British values and justice makes her as dangerous to our society as any terrorist. The likelihood is a terrorist attack might claim 50 or 100 lives. Ms May’s destruction of our society is likely to be far wider, deeper and longer lasting than a single terrorist strike.

wow

Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 06.07.16 11:35

WOW I hope  that the grass root Tories are aware of this article.   Brave journalist.

Why are the Daily Mail backing her so strongly?

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum