The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

In hindsight, are you happy with the way you voted in Brexit?

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In hindsight, are you happy with the way you voted?

82% 82% 
[ 127 ]
17% 17% 
[ 26 ]
1% 1% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 155

Re: In hindsight, are you happy with the way you voted in Brexit?

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 03.07.16 8:36

Andrea Leadsom and Michael Gove are going to be on the Andrew Marr show this morning.

Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 03.07.16 8:44

@plebgate wrote:The smear tactics start against Andrea L.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/685698/Brexit-Andrea-Leadsom-hypocrite-Tory-Party-leadership-Remain-Vote-Leave-politics

So what she changed her mind.

How many u turns did we see in Camerun's Government.

If that's the best they've got BRING IT ON.

another link about Theresay May/May Not.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/685694/Theresa-May-EU-migration-wait-european-union-brexit-vote-leave-tory-leadership-battle

She did not once speak on behalf of the Leave campaign - what is wrong with these people?

How the media lie and deceive.

The Headline:
Cuts to EU migration MUST WAIT despite Britain quitting Brussels, Theresa May claims.

What she actually said:
"We must regain more control of the numbers of people who come here from Europe, and reduce the numbers that come from outside Europe too.
“We need immigration to be sustainable and I think net migration in the tens of thousands is sustainable, but it is going to take time.”

The media are snakes.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Searcher on 03.07.16 9:17

@Searcher wrote:I have to wonder why Mrs May is coming forward so strongly.  I have followed the Referendum in detail (to the best of my ability that is).  I am left not understanding what happened to Boris, whether he genuinely spent last weekend mainly playing cricket, or whether he was actually putting together a magnificent, ground-breaking new team, even with cross-party elements.  I also do not know if Gove actually brought him down, or whether an edict came down from somewhere on high to say there would be no ground-breaking team, no actions to leave, and certainly no liaison with Mr. Farage or Gisela Stuart.

We also have to wonder how a candidate who contributed nothing to leave, and wanted to remain, is a front runner to take forward negotiations to leave.  Earlier today there were many suggestions in the media that Andrea Leadsom was overtaking Gove.  That seems to have quietened down.  We will have to see; but whatever emerges party members should be given a vote.

So what are we left with?  We can only hope and pray for right outcome, and keep vigilant.  I feel manipulated.

Searcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good

Post by BrexitForeva on 13.10.16 12:52

Good today is a good day! We are showin muscle to stupid EU companies like Unilever! Go away stupid EU we have our finest products! Tesco is the best!

Who cares about Scotland we will be stronger without them. Who cares about the debt to be paid and the interest we are British and we can do things by ourselves!

Yeah!!1!!1111!!!

BrexitForeva

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 13.10.16 13:01

Absolutely nothing has changed since the referendum.

All the obstacles are currently being lined up.

Like:

• What  does soft and hard Brexit mean?
  • MPs really should have a say.
  • Theresa May strategy is a shambles, we need parliament scrutiny.
  • We really should keep freedom of movement in the EU....

• Blah... blah...

I shall run around local Tescos naked if we trigger article 50 by the end of April 2017.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 13.10.16 15:10

@BlueBag wrote:
I shall run around local Tescos naked if we trigger article 50 by the end of April 2017.
My goodness - please let me know when and where smilie .

Am I happy with the way I voted Brexit ....  resounding YES!

Am I happy with the way the politicians are handling the situation ....  resounding NO!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 13.10.16 20:45

Very glad i voted remain

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.10.16 21:31

BrexitForeva wrote:Good today is a good day! We are showin muscle to stupid EU companies like Unilever! Go away stupid EU we have our finest products! Tesco is the best!

Who cares about Scotland we will be stronger without them. Who cares about the debt to be paid and the interest we are British and we can do things by ourselves!

Yeah!!1!!1111!!!
Very funny. (Or so you think).

In the great battle between Tesco and Unilever, Unilever blinked first - and very fast!

Tesco 1 Unilever 0.

Unilever tried to obtain a 10% price hike because of the fall in sterling.

They tried it on - a bit like Cameron and his rag-bag of Remoaners did before Brexit- they tried 'Project Fear' and failed.

Almost everything is going well for us.

Pound down, therefore (1) exports up and (2) tourist numbers all up.

Investment steady.

Unemployment still falling.

Wages rising faster than prices. 

House price rises slowed.  

I think the average Brit has decided to...

KEEP CALM
and
CARRY ON

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 13.10.16 22:07

What is your opinion of Donald Trump?

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.10.16 22:21

@roy rovers wrote:What is your opinion of Donald Trump?
Was that question for me? - or for everyone?

If for me, I regard him as wholly unsuitable for a variety of reasons to lead the U.S.  But then I would say the exact same thing about Hillary Clinton, albeit my range of reasons would differ.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 14.10.16 7:40

As bad as Donald Trump is, the Clintons are worse.

It's Hobsons choice for the American people.

How come in a land of 360 million people they can only come up with these two?

Because it's fixed and the pro-Zionist lobby doesn't care which one gets elected.

"Anyone can be President".... meh...

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 14.10.16 15:25

I'm not only happy to have voted Brexit, I'm immensely proud that British people were asked their opinion and voted 'out'.

There is no need to be strangled by the useless juggernaut that is the EU. A European super-power? don't make me laugh. The EU is a bureaucratic leech on cultures of each and every country it absorbs (kidnaps in the case of poor countries).

I'm happy with my vote. Now let the UK government do something about it.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 14.10.16 17:25

@aquila wrote:INow let the UK government do something about it.

112 days since the referendum and no action so far.

They are still arguing about what Brexit means.

Wasters... I don't get people's optimism.

The obstacles are being lined up.
As soon as Parliament gets a say... which they will and if they don't there will a legal challenge and then they will... there will be another in/out debate.
But the people won't get a say this time.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe any previous referendum decisions by the British people were ratified by the House of Commons, the House of Lords and the Queen somewhere - they have to be to become law.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 16.10.16 8:24

Boris Johnson... 

People were absolutely right to be skeptical of him as "leader of the leave campaign" (appointed by who?)

Controlled opposition.

Cameron promised him the job of Defence Secretary if the remainers won.

All in The Sunday Times today - in an article written to attack Brexit once again.

That's the game - they play with us.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 16.10.16 12:18

@BlueBag wrote:Boris Johnson... 

People were absolutely right to be skeptical of him as "leader of the leave campaign" (appointed by who?)

Controlled opposition.

Cameron promised him the job of Defence Secretary if the remainers won.

All in The Sunday Times today - in an article written to attack Brexit once again.

That's the game - they play with us.
Boris Johnson is a dick. Why in heaven`s name did Theresa May cast him as foreign secretary - does she really want a 3rd WW?

His recent verbal attacks on Russia confirm he`s in bed with the very worst of the US war mongers. (As is the other dick Andrew Mitchell).

Lets all protest outside the US embassy - in that case I`m sure the Brits would gather in their thousands.

I can only agree and conclude he is indeed controlled opposition.

Putin must be laughing his socks off.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.10.16 14:37

NOTE: I subscribe to Open Britain to see what the Remoaners are doing and saying. They are saying we want to stay in the Single Market! I don't think so!  

17 October 2016

Anthony,

Open Britain is campaigning for Britain to stay in the Single Market, which brings increased investment, trade, jobs and growth.
It seems the public agree. A new poll we commissioned has found that 59% of voters want the UK to stay in the Single Market, so there is no mandate for a destructive Brexit.
Now, MPs from Labour, the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats are calling for a debate in Parliament. They are urging the Government to publish its plan for the forthcoming EU negotiations and to allow Parliament to approve it. A huge majority - 73% of people - support this.
Our future partnership with the EU should be not decided in secret but determined by democratic debate.
If you are one of the many who back Parliament having a say, please share the graphic below.

With your help, we can make sure Parliament has a say. Please share our graphic today to call on the Government to hold an open Brexit process.
Yours sincerely,
Joe Carberry,
Co-Executive Director
Open Britain

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 17.10.16 14:50

Bollocks to them.  One or two might fall for it.  The majority will see through it.

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 18.10.16 16:30

Commons vote to ratify Brexit very likely, says No 10

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37691270

I wonder how that will turn out.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 19.10.16 11:47

I just got a mail.

"Parliament debated the petition you signed – “Invoke Article 50 of The Lisbon Treaty immediately.”

Debate can be seen here: http://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/7b53b5c2-1b12-474d-855e-a8bca88605e5

Not impressed.

This is a small committee attended by about 15 people.

They are not taking this seriously are they?

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.10.16 13:02

Very happy to have voted Brexit and would do so again. 

Not happy with all this dithering and the likes of Clegg and Milliband trying to make even more delay.

Get on with it Mrs. May.   You are seriously getting on my nerves.

One of the papers reported a few weeks ago that she has already done five orsix (yes five or six) U turns since she became PM.  Doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

Oh and it was also reported that she has met up with Good Old Rup but nobody seems to know why - Nah I am still not convinced with what she has to say.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 20.10.16 0:27

https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/publications/santos-and-m-v-secretary-of-state-for-exiting-the-european-union-transcripts/

Interesting transcripts from the court case about whether the government can trigger article 50 without parliamentary approval. It would only involve trampling over the Bill of Rights and 350 years of history but what the hell.

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 20.10.16 0:42

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2016/10/18/brexit-death-of-british-business/

Here's one from the New York Review of Books - but it's OK to disregard it because he's a foreigner.

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 20.10.16 7:28

@roy rovers wrote:https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/publications/santos-and-m-v-secretary-of-state-for-exiting-the-european-union-transcripts/

Interesting transcripts from the court case about whether the government can trigger article 50 without parliamentary approval. It would only involve trampling over the Bill of Rights and 350 years of history but what the hell.
You may be forgetting the very simple point that on 23 June the British people made a decision.

Look up any definition of 'referendum' and it will tell you that it means a situation where a Parliament or government refers the matter to the people to decide the issue one way or the other.

Cameron and his 'Project Fear' cronies repeatedly warned us: "If you vote Leave, on the day after you do so, I will trigger Article 50".  

17.4 million plus people heard this, considered this, and voted for us to leave the European Union.

Teresa May's job is to fulfil that.

She will also try and negotiate good terms.

But even if she doesn't, she must execute our decision and must NOT refert he terms she achieves to Parliament for decision.

After all, three quarters of our MPs voted to stay IN. That just shows you what an out-of-touch bunch of people they are.

The architects of the Bill of Rights would be utterly contemptuous of anyone seeking to reverse a decision of the people.

It was, after all, the people who voted with their feet and, by rising up en masse, got rid of that cruel tyrant, Roman Catholic James II and, with the aid of the easterly 'Protestant wind' blowing William & Mary to the shores of England from Holland, instituted good, godly government and gave us many of the freedoms we now enjoy.

Have you ever read the Bill of Rights? It states categorically that we must never be ruled by 'foreign princes, powers and potentates'.

Joining the EU/Common Market in 1973 was the biggest single breach of the Bill of Rights there has ever been!

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 20.10.16 7:58

@BlueBag wrote:I just got a mail.

"Parliament debated the petition you signed – “Invoke Article 50 of The Lisbon Treaty immediately.”

Debate can be seen here: http://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/7b53b5c2-1b12-474d-855e-a8bca88605e5

Not impressed.

This is a small committee attended by about 15 people.

They are not taking this seriously are they?

I'm amazed no one has commented on this.

Is no one seriously disappointed that this is how they "debate" our petitions.

It looks like "going through the motions" on the smallest scale possible.

Our petitions mean NOTHING to them.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 20.10.16 11:14

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@roy rovers wrote:https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/publications/santos-and-m-v-secretary-of-state-for-exiting-the-european-union-transcripts/

You may be forgetting the very simple point that on 23 June the British people made a decision.

Look up any definition of 'referendum' and it will tell you that it means a situation where a Parliament or government refers the matter to the people to decide the issue one way or the other.

Cameron and his 'Project Fear' cronies repeatedly warned us: "If you vote Leave, on the day after you do so, I will trigger Article 50".  

17.4 million plus people heard this, considered this, and voted for us to leave the European Union.

Teresa May's job is to fulfil that.

She will also try and negotiate good terms.

But even if she doesn't, she must execute our decision and must NOT refert he terms she achieves to Parliament for decision.

After all, three quarters of our MPs voted to stay IN. That just shows you what an out-of-touch bunch of people they are.

The architects of the Bill of Rights would be utterly contemptuous of anyone seeking to reverse a decision of the people.

It was, after all, the people who voted with their feet and, by rising up en masse, got rid of that cruel tyrant, Roman Catholic James II and, with the aid of the easterly 'Protestant wind' blowing William & Mary to the shores of England from Holland, instituted good, godly government and gave us many of the freedoms we now enjoy.

Have you ever read the Bill of Rights? It states categorically that we must never be ruled by 'foreign princes, powers and potentates'.

Joining the EU/Common Market in 1973 was the biggest single breach of the Bill of Rights there has ever been!
I suggest you read the transcripts. Lord Pannick is very good.

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum