The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?

4% 4% 
[ 6 ]
3% 3% 
[ 5 ]
14% 14% 
[ 20 ]
31% 31% 
[ 46 ]
11% 11% 
[ 16 ]
37% 37% 
[ 55 ]

Total Votes : 148

Re: Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by pennylane on 02.07.16 11:12

@Mirage wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@Mirage wrote:On my way to placing my bet on a Leadsom win . I hope the odds aren't  closing too quickly. I was expecting 9/2 but that ship may have sailed. 

Yep. 11/4. My gut tells me we are heading for a seismic shake up of the establishment. No need to write to a dozy MP. Just get down to the bookies and let them know the people's choice straight from the horse's mouth as 'twere!  winkwink

I want to say good luck, but I'm not quite sure who I prefer yet flower
It is very difficult, isn't  it?  At one time I admired May. But for me she has not been true to her word in the past. That is all I can go on. I think Leadsom has some impressive qualities. She is getting more exposure now so we will get to know more about her.

The establishment must surely be waking up to the idea the people are not going to be walked over in future.
I too will be paying close attention to Leadsom!  She does seem to smile a bit too much for my liking, but as long as she's tough underneath that's what counts.  I will keep an open mind as to her strengths compared to Gove.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by BlueBag on 02.07.16 11:30

So the leader of out nation is going to be decided 100% by Tories.

Long live democracy.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 02.07.16 11:31

@BlueBag wrote:So the leader of out nation is going to be decided 100% by Tories.

Long live democracy.
Sucks doesn't it!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Poll.

Post by willowthewisp on 02.07.16 11:41

Andrea Leadsom has a very close association to the City of London and many of its business transactions,Andrea will definitely fight against the EU implementation of any extra Revenues being extracted from the banking Institution Regulations that the EU wishes to use for Benefit of Europe?
What I find puzzling is the City of London and it's Boroughs voted to Remain in the EU, but do not want the EU to implement the New Banking regulations as this will effect at least 1% on all transactions,which is then transferred back to the European Union as part of the EU capital reserves? Now you may say its only 1%,but if you are dealing with Billions of either Euros or other currencies,that is then removed from the Chancellor of the Exchequer's hands,the UK then either have to make further reductions on public spending or have to raise the shortfall from other Avenues?
If we are so called "in this together Society" then why is the proportion of capital of spending issued to each Borough or Authority Council different, but we still have the same basic economic costs to survive on a daily basis,yet there are vast differences spent per person,per Authority or Borough,so some receive a bigger subsidy than others in comparison to who is in power?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.07.16 12:06

Even as I am typing this post, there is a huge "peaceful" demonstration in London, by "PRO-EU" marchers. I wonder if and when the DEMOCRATIC Brexiteers march, will the good old BBC broadcast it?  Doesn't it make you want to throw up?  Here we live in a country where 39% of the vote can get a political party, be it Conservative OR Labour, into power?

There is nothing more democratic than a one person one vote election, where the MAJORITY vote USUALLY wins, but oh, no, not this time. Because the ones with the most control AND the biggest bank balance, just cannot accept that the people of Britain want OUT.

So, when the Brexiteers march on Parliament, as I am sure they will, if this demonstration against democracy carries on, will the good ol' Aunty Beeb give it as much airtime as the demonstration taking place today? We can only wait and see.

Link added at 12:34: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-36570120

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.07.16 13:54

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Mirage wrote:On my way to placing my bet on a Leadsom win.
Ian Duncan-Smith has this morning announced for Leadsom. Good luck!
Leadsom - very appropriately named!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.07.16 15:45

Foreman was given various excuses by The Daily Telegraph as to why they had changed their mind and pulled the article. Of course the internet never forgets. Now the story will be read even more widely. It is simply excoriating.
The article was a comprehensive list of her policy failures in office and argued she was better at projecting an image of being a safe pair of hands than actually keeping the country safe. So damaging did May’s campaign think it that they insisted it be removed or the newspaper would suffer consequences after her coronation…

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.07.16 16:18

@sallypelt wrote:Even as I am typing this post, there is a huge "peaceful" demonstration in London, by "PRO-EU" marchers.
I don't believe a protest march achieves anything, less so when the participants dress-up to look like something from a World Cup final - this is a very serious subject that will dramatically affect the future of the UK so behave accordingly.  Please!

The demonstrators efforts might be put to better use working with Brexit for a better future rather than fighting against it.  From the few comments I've read, their objections are purely personal but with scant foundation - who knows at this stage exactly how the UK will stand within Europe as regards freedom of movement?

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.07.16 16:38

Theresa May was wearing a tartan trouser suit when she addressed the nation.

You have to laugh sometimes.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.07.16 16:42

@Verdi wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:Even as I am typing this post, there is a huge "peaceful" demonstration in London, by "PRO-EU" marchers.
I don't believe a protest march achieves anything, less so when the participants dress-up to look like something from a World Cup final - this is a very serious subject that will dramatically affect the future of the UK so behave accordingly.  Please!

The demonstrators efforts might be put to better use working with Brexit for a better future rather than fighting against it.  From the few comments I've read, their objections are purely personal but with scant foundation - who knows at this stage exactly how the UK will stand within Europe as regards freedom of movement?
I loved the recent protest march by the Remainers. It was a protest march about democratic rights to say that their democratic rights were greater than the democratic rights of others who exercised their democratic rights.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.07.16 16:45

@aquila wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

I loved the recent protest march by the Remainers. It was a protest march about democratic rights to say that their democratic rights were greater than the democratic rights of others who exercised their democratic rights.
Good point!  big grin

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 02.07.16 16:47

@Verdi wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
You read my thoughts!

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.07.16 16:47

@aquila wrote:Theresa May was wearing a tartan trouser suit when she addressed the nation.

Yuk!  Was it McCann tartan?  I knew it was only a matter of time before the McClan connection entered the foray.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.07.16 16:49

@Mirage wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
You read my thoughts!
"Lead" does make you wonder if it's in the past or future tense.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.07.16 16:54

@Verdi wrote:
@aquila wrote:Theresa May was wearing a tartan trouser suit when she addressed the nation.

Yuk!  Was it McCann tartan?  I knew it was only a matter of time before the McClan connection entered the foray.
It was that very dreary Marks & Spencer type tartan but it was carefully selected no doubt to show some sort of unity with Scotland. Not a sign of a kitten heel or a cleavage.

Theresa May was dressed for business.

You have to laugh.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 02.07.16 16:58

Re what Sallypelt said up thread, I agree that the media cherry pick reportage of demonstrations. 

I came across a very vocal demo numbering several hundred in April. It was against Cameron and about the Panama Papers scandal. The protesters had jammed up Whitehall and later disrupted traffic all the way up the Strand to the Connaught Rooms. 

Not a word  of it on the news!

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.07.16 17:05

@Mirage wrote:Re what Sallypelt said up thread, I agree that the media cherry pick reportage of demonstrations. 

I came across a very vocal demo numbering several hundred in April. It was against Cameron and about the Panama Papers scandal. The protesters had jammed up Whitehall and later disrupted traffic all the way up the Strand to the Connaught Rooms. 

Not a word  of it on the news!
People north of Watford Gap don't take to the streets of Westminster in protest - crikey, the cost of a train ticket to London is out of reach to the average person.

What we have is LONDON.

London is not the voice of the United Kingdom. The voice of the United Kingdom voted to leave the EU. I don't care how many people 'down South' protest.

A vote is a vote.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 02.07.16 18:30

It all depends on what they've got on her.

She is not an island.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 02.07.16 18:48

Oh dear, the ladies have been brought out just when the men went running away to their caves. Now it's a battle between May (kitten heals and cleavage now turned to a tartan trouser suit) and Leadsom (wholesome, bake cakes for the WI, softly spoken, patient and kind like you want your mummy to speak).

It's a bleeding farce.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 02.07.16 19:48

@BlueBag wrote:
It all depends on what they've got on her.

She is not an island.
I would be very surprised if they have anything on her.   She has three daughters and grandchildren a real family person apparently and I do not think she would leave her family open to heart ache if there were any skeletons ready to be reported.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.07.16 22:08

@aquila wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

It was that very dreary Marks & Spencer type tartan but it was carefully selected no doubt to show some sort of unity with Scotland. Not a sign of a kitten heel or a cleavage.

Theresa May was dressed for business.

You have to laugh.
I thought the matriarchal image died a natural with Margaret Thatcher. 

Please tell me Ms May didn't opt for the classic jaunty tam o'shanter - was there any fashionista reporting on the occasion?   I'd love to know what little number Gordon Brown dressed to impress.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.07.16 23:22

In april 2017 the Lisbon treaty will change so that any country that wishes to invoke Article 50 will need the approval of 14 countries

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 03.07.16 9:00

@sallypelt wrote:In april 2017 the Lisbon treaty will change so that any country that wishes to invoke Article 50 will need the approval of 14 countries

Better OUT than IN, without a doubt! clapping

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 03.07.16 10:25

Might as well post it here:

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum