The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?

4% 4% 
[ 6 ]
3% 3% 
[ 5 ]
14% 14% 
[ 20 ]
31% 31% 
[ 46 ]
11% 11% 
[ 16 ]
37% 37% 
[ 55 ]

Total Votes : 148

Gove for P.M.

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.06.16 20:33

I have just seen the shorter (1 minute) and longer (11 minute) versions of an interview with Michael Gove by the BBC's Laura Kuensberg:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36677028

I did think during the Brexit campaign that Gove rather than Boris had the more direct and penetrating answers as to why Britain must leavew the E.U. 

In this interview he explains why he thought Boris Johnson did not measure up.

Gove is right that he has had the deeper, much longer commitment to Britain leaving the E.U.

I think in this interview Gove revealed his strengths and I put him ahead of Theresa May. I also think Angela Leadson is a formidable politician.

I do recommend that members and guests here take the trouble to look at the 11-minute, longer interview of Gove.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by BlueBag on 30.06.16 20:36

@BlueBag wrote:She's the one:

But don't let her forget this.... EVER!

PLEASE share this everywhere.

Link:

https://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/18/53/59/39/tm110.jpg

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by pennylane on 30.06.16 21:15

@Tony Bennett wrote:I have just seen the shorter (1 minute) and longer (11 minute) versions of an interview with Michael Gove by the BBC's Laura Kuensberg:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36677028

I did think during the Brexit campaign that Gove rather than Boris had the more direct and penetrating answers as to why Britain must leavew the E.U. 

In this interview he explains why he thought Boris Johnson did not measure up.

Gove is right that he has had the deeper, much longer commitment to Britain leaving the E.U.

I think in this interview Gove revealed his strengths and I put him ahead of Theresa May. I also think Angela Leadson is a formidable politician.

I do recommend that members and guests here take the trouble to look at the 11-minute, longer interview of Gove.
 agree I was pleased to hear Gove was putting his name forward.  He has my vote out of the above candidates.  nod

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia on 30.06.16 21:26

When I saw the leaked E-MAIL last night on the news I just knew Boris had been set up (sent to a member of the public my bum) this morning I fully expected Boris to say he wasn't running for leadership which he did, IMO dodgy Dave has set him up good and proper expect Gove to be the next PM it's what Murdoch want's and what Murdoch want's is what Murdoch gets.Dirty,dirty corrupt Politics.all IMO of course.

petunia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doubter on 30.06.16 21:32

@hogwash wrote:At least she's admitted there is a backdoor.

Yes - the one the British use when they want to go and work in mainland Europe with no problems .

Doubter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 21:36

I'm not over impressed by Michael Gove's claim to fame..

Michael Gove has said he chose to run for the Conservative Party leadership after deciding "reluctantly but firmly" that Boris Johnson was not capable of uniting the party or the country.

"It had to fall to someone else... I felt it had to fall to me," he said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36677028

Where is the camaraderie and loyalty to fellow members - so much for party unity.  I don't particularly like blatant conceit, my thoughts are always if you're that good you don't need to blow your own trumpet.

backstab !

Continued..

'The winner of the contest - sparked by David Cameron's decision to resign after the UK voted to leave the EU - is set to be announced on 9 September.'

Definitely the X-Factor.  The 9th September (2007) is the d-day that the McCanns fled Portugal!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 30.06.16 21:47

Wiki entry for Gove - "Gove regulary meets with his former employer, Rupert Murdoch, to discuss political matters.[6]

Claire25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 21:57

@bobbin wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:
@Doubter wrote:So no control on immigration .

No £350 million for the NHS .

And now no Boris .

Must be a few scratching their heads wondering exactly what they voted for ?

The fight goes on.

Except 52% (at least) of the electorate are watching and waking up.

It's not the end.

It will never be the end until we leave.
I think the electorate need to be wised-up as to the true function of the EU - or lack of as the case may be. 

Forum member @bobbin posted a very interesting video on the subject recently.  Should be watched and widely circulated - the populace need to know the implications of a central European governing dictatorship force and how if affects their everyday lives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0WeURiShfU

Here's the link again Verdi.

It's informative and chilling at the same time.

The more this reaches the populace, the better, I just don't (know how to) do twitter or facebook, perhaps a savvy/ more competent person could move it on out.
Good show!  I've been running late the whole day so didn't have time to find the link.

It's so important that the electorate know what the EU is really about, wouldn't do any harm for the other EU member states to be wised-up either - if they don't already know.  As I said recently, for the most part people are, quire understandably, only interested in political issues that directly affect their personal lives - I doubt if the majority are aware of the damaging effects of the EU's policies and ineffectual power.

At present the electorate has no power to dictate the country's leadership, nonetheless they should be conversant with how their lives are influenced by a central governing force with little or no concern for the people, in the hope that enlightenment might dictate voting trends in the future.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 21:57

@Claire25 wrote:Wiki entry for Gove - "Gove regulary meets with his former employer, Rupert Murdoch, to discuss political matters.[6]
Thank you - no more need be said!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 22:04

@hogwash wrote:At least she's admitted there is a backdoor.
Delighted to hear - 'may'be she could take advantage and make a quick Brexit through same.

Does she seriously believe that graced with Premiership, certain people are not going to start asking questions about the 12+million quid of tax payers money, so glibly bestowed on Operation Grange to undertake an inquiry/investigation in the most publicized cover-up of recent history?

Shh - you know who  winkwink .

The pit or the pendulum - take your pick Ms May.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 30.06.16 22:10

Wiki Andrea Leadsom "Leadsom was a founder and leader of the Fresh Start Project seeking reform of the UK's relationship with the European Union.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresh_Start_Project

Claire25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 30.06.16 22:25

@Claire25 wrote:Wiki entry for Gove - "Gove regulary meets with his former employer, Rupert Murdoch, to discuss political matters.[6]

OK just done some reading. Both Johnson and Gove are associates of Murdoch, but Johnson is closest.  Murdoch backed Johnson and now Gove, but says via the Sun that there will be no compromising:

............. the Sun won’t accept any attempts by a new Tory government to sidestep Brexit.  That means controls on immigration, access to the single market, and no second vote, the newspaper said.

The former mayor of London, who spearheaded the campaign to take Britain out of the European Union, has “Bomentum” in the race to succeed David Cameron, the Sun said. The other main contender in the Conservative leadership contest, Theresa May, was barely mentioned in eight pages of post-Brexit coverage.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 30.06.16 22:38

Thanks for clarifying all that Pennylane, I'm still reading.  I do wonder what happened behind Boris's decision and the leaked email.. however, that is positive news that the Murdoch group won't let them back out of Brexit - Theresa May must know this.

Claire25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 30.06.16 22:41

@Claire25 wrote:Thanks for clarifying all that Pennylane, I'm still reading.  I do wonder what happened behind Boris's decision and the leaked email.. however, that is positive news that the Murdoch group won't let them back out of Brexit - Theresa May must know this.
Yes very interesting methinks.  As always it's not what you know but who you know!

Boris was always going to struggle to get enough members to back him.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by saloongirl on 01.07.16 7:48

I really hope we don't get Theresa May. Amongst many other things she has shown contempt for our police and as a policeman friend said, has decimated the force. It's a shame David Davis isn't in the running.

saloongirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 01.07.16 8:23

@saloongirl wrote:I really hope we don't get Theresa May. Amongst many other things she has shown contempt for our police and as a policeman friend said, has decimated the force. It's a shame David Davis isn't in the running.
There is no way Theresa May's dealings with the Police were 100% anything to do with any decision she made.

The program Yes Minister is like a documentary on behind the scenes shenanigans.

No politician is an island these days - lots of diktats from above (and "below") - she will have been surrounded by "advisers" as all ministers are. 

At the moment - as a best/least worst outcome - and because she has nailed some Brexit colours to the mast, I think she will do for now.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 01.07.16 8:31

@Verdi wrote:I'm not over impressed by Michael Gove's claim to fame..

Michael Gove has said he chose to run for the Conservative Party leadership after deciding "reluctantly but firmly" that Boris Johnson was not capable of uniting the party or the country.

"It had to fall to someone else... I felt it had to fall to me," he said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36677028

Where is the camaraderie and loyalty to fellow members - so much for party unity.  I don't particularly like blatant conceit, my thoughts are always if you're that good you don't need to blow your own trumpet.

backstab !

Continued..

'The winner of the contest - sparked by David Cameron's decision to resign after the UK voted to leave the EU - is set to be announced on 9 September.'

Definitely the X-Factor.  The 9th September (2007) is the d-day that the McCanns fled Portugal!
Morning Verdi,

The way things went down, I wonder if Johnson was up to something and got found out, or some scandal threatened to engulf him if he ran for PM?  I honestly don't believe Gove planned this from the beginning.  In fact, although I voted for Gove in the above poll, I have my doubts if he's the right person as he seems to be a reluctant, latter day, candidate.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 01.07.16 8:44

I can't get over how disgustingly Camerun handled the aftermath of Brexit by immediately saying he will resign. What a shameful cop out!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 01.07.16 9:07

@BlueBag wrote:
@saloongirl wrote:I really hope we don't get Theresa May. Amongst many other things she has shown contempt for our police and as a policeman friend said, has decimated the force. It's a shame David Davis isn't in the running.
There is no way Theresa May's dealings with the Police were 100% anything to do with any decision she made.

The program Yes Minister is like a documentary on behind the scenes shenanigans.

No politician is an island these days - lots of diktats from above (and "below") - she will have been surrounded by "advisers" as all ministers are. 

At the moment - as a best/least worst outcome - and because she has nailed some Brexit colours to the mast, I think she will do for now.

I agree BB.  I'm not overly enthused by anyone at the moment, and am wavering back and forth.  I'm lukewarm re Theresa May, but that could change either way.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 01.07.16 9:32

@pennylane wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:

I agree BB.  I'm not overly enthused by anyone at the moment, and am wavering back and forth.  I'm lukewarm re Theresa May, but that could change either way.
Reluctantly I shall have to agree. If she was constrained in certain issues regarding police, borders and CSA she now has an opportunity to flex muscle. 

In mitigation, I have sometimes sensed someone thwarted. There is often a disconnect between clearly stated philosophy and outcomes. We shall see.

I like Andrea Leadsom but I am not sure she has the required clout. Let us hope that once Theresa is in charge we can hope for those darling buds of May to flourish unconstrained!

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 01.07.16 9:34

I would like John Redwood to

put his name forward for next PM! roses

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 01.07.16 9:42

@pennylane wrote:I would like to see John Redwood put his name forward for next PM! roses

He has grown on me over the years, pennylane. I have been impressed by a consistency of philosophy quietly expressed. I suspect he would not command much, if any, support from parliamentary colleagues though.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 01.07.16 9:51

@Mirage wrote:
@pennylane wrote:I would like to see John Redwood put his name forward for next PM! roses

He has grown on me over the years, pennylane. I have been impressed by a consistency of philosophy quietly expressed. I suspect he would not command much, if any, support from parliamentary colleagues though.

I agree with you!  I think he's brilliant, and would love to see him at the helm at this difficult time for the country.  It's sad  that someone so thoughtful and experienced, and so very smart, may not command much support from his colleagues.  boohoo

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 01.07.16 11:03

Didn't John R also 'question/doubt' the McCan'ts 'version' of 'events' shortly after hearing of the 'disappearance' of MM?

Too late for him to be in leadership 'race' for the next UNELECTED, by the 'majority' of the UK 'people', 'Prime Minister'!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 01.07.16 11:27

@jeanmonroe wrote:Didn't John R also 'question/doubt' the McCan'ts 'version' of 'events' shortly after hearing of the 'disappearance' of MM?

Too late for him to be in leadership 'race' for the next UNELECTED, by the 'majority' of the UK 'people', 'Prime Minister'!

He certainly did jean!  "John Redwood's Diary" blog vanished and was offline for a while after he criticised the McCanns.  He was most likely threatened as his original article got whooshed.

-----------------------------------

(Publicada por  Paulo Reis )

Tuesday, 18 September 2007

John Redwood, Tory MP: “The Mc Canns theory that the girl was abducted also needs evidence to support it...”

John Redwood, a Member of Parliament for the Conservative Party since 1987 and Chairman of the Party's Economic Competitiveness Policy Group, published a post, in his personal blog, on September 10, criticising the McCann family and the Portuguese Police, which he considered showed “little (..) competence” in Madeleine's investigation. In the post, called “The McCanns - plenty of theories, little evidence” - John Redwood wrote that “the Mc Canns theory that the girl was abducted also needs evidence to support it” and ask a few questions:

“Can they clear away any doubt over whether entry was forced into the holiday home?

Were there no screams or disturbances as the little girl was taken? Did no-one see her at any point as she was carried away?

Why has no-one seen her since, despite the massive awareness campaign?

How did the abductor time the removal, given the fact that parents and friends were returning to keep an eye or ear open for the children?”

Have the police questioned all who left that resort around the time of the loss of Madeleine?

Mr John Redwood advised the McCann to “employ a private detective rather than a spin doctor, to find evidence of the abduction they are sure happened and the trail to her present whereabouts.”

-------------------------------

The same day, Mr. John Redwood blog vanished and was out of line for sometime. When the blog (“John Redwood's Diary”) came back, the post criticising the McCann has been deleted.

This is the full text Mr. John Redwood decided to take out of his page:

"The McCanns  - Plenty of Theories, Little Evidence" 

Published by John Redwood at 11:00 am under Blog (September 10)

It is not usually wise to venture into questions of individual guilt or innocence. These are properly matters for the courts, not for politicians.
I do so briefly today because I have never seen so much speculation and so many press stories, created by the spin doctors of the parents and by mysterious sources for the Portuguese authorities, when there is so little fact behind it all. It is part of the modern disease, of fighting battles through the media instead of people getting on and doing their jobs diligently.

The Portuguese side, after four months, seem to have decided that the little girl is dead and the parents were involved in the death. To prove this it would be helpful to have a body, and an autopsy which shows how she died. At the very least, if they cannot find the body, it would help if they had an independent witness who had seen the death occur, or had seen the parents moving the body after the time of the disappearance. It demonstrates little police competence that this most closely watched couple was able according to sources to keep the body from police attention immediately after the disappearance, and then to move the body many days later. How come the police did not search extensively enough to find the body at the beginning? How did they miss any evidence of harm to the child they now might claim to have? How did no-one see anything strange when the body was moved?

The Mc Canns theory that the girl was abducted also needs evidence to support it. Can they clear away any doubt over whether entry was forced into the holiday home? Were there no screams or disturbances as the little girl was taken? Did no-one see her at any point as she was carried away? Why has no-one seen her since, despite the massive awareness campaign? How did the abductor time the removal, given the fact that parents and friends were returning to keep an eye or ear open for the children?

Have the police questioned all who left that resort around the time of the loss of Madeleine?
This is a heart rending story. The two sides seemed determined to damage each other. The truth remains a casualty. Maybe the MC Canns should employ a private detective rather than a spin doctor, to find evidence of the abduction they are sure happened and the trail to her present whereabouts. In the meantime with so few facts it is difficult to say what happened, apart from understanding the grief that the loss of Madeleine is causing.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum