The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?

4% 4% 
[ 6 ]
3% 3% 
[ 5 ]
14% 14% 
[ 20 ]
31% 31% 
[ 46 ]
11% 11% 
[ 16 ]
37% 37% 
[ 55 ]

Total Votes : 148

Re: Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by Verdi on 09.07.16 0:19

@TonyBennett:   We make a careful judgment as to which party will best serve our interests and/or the country's interests. At the General Election in 2015, for good or for ill, it was very clear that a clear majority of voters preferred the Conservative Party to the Labour Party.

True to the word but you sir have worked at the hub of the political world so are conversant with the political agenda.  Alas, a vast proportion of the electorate are not, they don't make careful judgement as to which party to elect, nor are they concerned with which party will best serve the country's interests - their interests don't go beyond the pay cheque at the end of the week, be it wages or benefits and/or any other trivial matter that directly concerns their life.

The political agenda is clearly illustrated by the appointment, for example, of an ethnic member of parliament which they know full well will attract votes from ethnic groups - and it does without exception. 

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by Doug D on 09.07.16 5:22

‘Britain will emerge from Brexit  with a “better, brighter future’, so why did she campaign on the 'remain' side then?

Not a 'could' in this statement like we saw in virtually everybody's pre-ref statements, it's a 'will'.

It’s alright she’s a politician, so she can say anything and change her mind daily.

Theresa May: Britain faces 'tough times' but can enjoy a 'better, brighter future' outside the EU

Philip Johnston Steven Swinford, deputy political editor
8 JULY 2016 • 10:00PM

Britain will emerge from Brexit  with a “better, brighter future”, Theresa May pledges today as she warns that the country faces “tough times” while it negotiates to leave the European  Union.
In her first interview since she and Andrea Leadsom were named as the final two candidates vying to become the next Prime Minister, Mrs May tells the Telegraph: "Politics can do with some bloody difficult women.”
The Home Secretary says that a female Prime Minister will bring "honesty" and a greater focus on "delivery" in Downing Street, as she suggests that men tend to treat politics as a “game”.
She also appeals to people not to consider her as a "remainer" after she campaigned to keep Britain in the EU, saying that she is "very clear that Brexit means Brexit".

Continues……………

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/08/theresa-may-britain-faces-tough-times-but-can-enjoy-a-better-bri/

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 09.07.16 8:45

@Doug D wrote:‘Britain will emerge from Brexit  with a “better, brighter future’, so why did she campaign on the 'remain' side then?

Not a 'could' in this statement like we saw in virtually everybody's pre-ref statements, it's a 'will'.

It’s alright she’s a politician, so she can say anything and change her mind daily.

Theresa May: Britain faces 'tough times' but can enjoy a 'better, brighter future' outside the EU

Philip Johnston Steven Swinford, deputy political editor
8 JULY 2016 • 10:00PM

Britain will emerge from Brexit  with a “better, brighter future”, Theresa May pledges today as she warns that the country faces “tough times” while it negotiates to leave the European  Union.
In her first interview since she and Andrea Leadsom were named as the final two candidates vying to become the next Prime Minister, Mrs May tells the Telegraph: "Politics can do with some bloody difficult women.”
The Home Secretary says that a female Prime Minister will bring "honesty" and a greater focus on "delivery" in Downing Street, as she suggests that men tend to treat politics as a “game”.
She also appeals to people not to consider her as a "remainer" after she campaigned to keep Britain in the EU, saying that she is "very clear that Brexit means Brexit".

Continues……………

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/08/theresa-may-britain-faces-tough-times-but-can-enjoy-a-better-bri/
And yet Andrea Leadsom gets it in the neck for changing her mind from her pro EU  statements made three years ago!
All this talk of May's experience is very disingenuous . Yes she's been around a long time but what has she really achieved? It's her 'experience' which proves her inability to do anything much of merit. I don't know how good a PM Leadsom would be but it's in keeping with the will of the majority to have a proven pro Brexiteer heading up the out negotiations. Besides, it's not like the PM does it on his own ( unless your name is Tony Blair ) . A competent team of like minded public servants should be in place to advise .
I can't bear the thought that after our very own  'Arab Spring' it's back to the same old, same old.

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 09.07.16 13:24

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3681765/Married-Tory-leadership-hopeful-sent-sex-texts-girl-20s.html

Crabb 'withdrew' from the Tory 'leadership' race..............offering his support to Theresa May.

WHAT DO YOU 'RECKON'?

Theresa M's 'people' had 'a word' in his 'shell like'?

Yeah, me too!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 09.07.16 13:35

@jeanmonroe wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3681765/Married-Tory-leadership-hopeful-sent-sex-texts-girl-20s.html

Crabb 'withdrew' from the Tory 'leadership' race..............offering his support to Theresa May.

WHAT DO YOU 'RECKON'?

Theresa M's 'people' had 'a word' in his 'shell like'?

Yeah, me too!
Some of the politicians have absolutely no shame at all.    Preaching family values yet doing this to his family.   The poor electorate stand no chance with some of these LOSERS in office.

May should tell him where to stick his support imo, but I doubt she will do it.

Disgraceful behaviour.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.07.16 14:21

Oh dear!

And Andrea Leadsom has done herself no good at all by idiotically suggesting that she, with three children and grandchildren to come, will have better understanding of the European issue than childless Theresa May.

That is not just clumsy, it is bordering on the cruel to take advantage of a woman who is childless. It is one of the most distressing circumstances a woman may ever face - a longing to have children, but being unable to do so.

I really wish it had been May v. Gove

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Andrea Leadsom

Post by willowthewisp on 09.07.16 14:39

@Tony Bennett wrote:Oh dear!

And Andrea Leadsom has done herself no good at all by idiotically suggesting that she, with three children and grandchildren to come, will have better understanding of the European issue than childless Theresa May.

That is not just clumsy, it is bordering on the cruel to take advantage of a woman who is childless. It is one of the most distressing circumstances a woman may ever face - a longing to have children, but being unable to do so.

Mr Gove could dress up for you if you like, as he has shown how he likes to cross to which side suits his cause, not afraid to share a bed is our Mr Gove, are you Five in a bed Michael!?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 09.07.16 14:55

Hi Tony, where did this info come from please.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.07.16 15:15

@bobbin wrote:

Hi Tony, where did this info come from please.
Front page headline in the Times this morning (it was their journalist Rachel Sylvester who broke the story), the top story on BBC Radio 4's Today programme 7am and 8am, here on the BBC website:   http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36752865 - and in many other places today

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re; Andrea Leadsom

Post by willowthewisp on 09.07.16 15:18

The"Murdoch Press" backing Theresa May,Operation Grange?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 09.07.16 16:15

Rachel Sylvester has been outed over this interview. She tripped herself up in two separate BBC interviews. Videos on Order Order.

The full transcript shows Sylvester steered AL into a trap then edited out the lead up. 

Then out comes May on cue with her clean campaign pledge, inviting Leadsom to sign up. According to Twittersphere AL was set up. They note the coordinated nature of the attacks .

The Guardian is also running AL down. This Sylvester woman is married to a Guardian editor. Quelle surprise!

Virago chorus in the background supplied by Anna Soubry and that turncoat Wollaston. Say no more.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 09.07.16 16:41

Irrespective of Theresa May's personal circumstances, how can having children and grandchildren make any difference to an understanding of the European issue?

Mix the whole lot together and you couldn't make one decent person.  In my opinion, it was Cameron's government that initiated the Brexit referendum, he should have the courage and conviction to see it through.  If he and his close adherents think it's unworkable, they shouldn't have given the electorate the opportunity to vote in the first place - I seriously don't believe they thought this through before diving in the at the deep end.  Either that or, as I think I said recently, he was reasonably sure that the majority vote would be against the UK leaving the EU.

What a farce it's turned out to be.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 09.07.16 18:03

@Mirage wrote:Rachel Sylvester has been outed over this interview. She tripped herself up in two separate BBC interviews. Videos on Order Order.

The full transcript shows Sylvester steered AL into a trap then edited out the lead up. 

Then out comes May on cue with her clean campaign pledge, inviting Leadsom to sign up. According to Twittersphere AL was set up. They note the coordinated nature of the attacks .

The Guardian is also running AL down. This Sylvester woman is married to a Guardian editor. Quelle surprise!

Virago chorus in the background supplied by Anna Soubry and that turncoat Wollaston. Say no more.
This is getting really dirty. Thank you Tony for posting the statement in the locked thread above. Can it be kept as a headline, so that it doesn't disappear.
For absolutely certain now, the govt didn't think the public would vote out.
The labour members walking out on Corbyn are IN MY OPINION most likely of the groomed new world order which has been infiltrating every niche for years as an enactment of the bilderberg, bush etc. blair, (add them all to the sack) game of which I am becoming convinced after 9 long years of cover up re McCs, has been to get people tagged, electronically, bank accounts included, so that numbers can be eliminated at will.
There, I've said it.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.07.16 18:48

@bobbin wrote:
@Mirage wrote:Rachel Sylvester has been outed over this interview. She tripped herself up in two separate BBC interviews. Videos on Order Order.

This is getting really dirty. Thank you Tony for posting the statement in the locked thread above. Can it be kept as a headline, so that it doesn't disappear.
For absolutely certain now, the govt didn't think the public would vote out.
The Labour members walking out on Corbyn are IN MY OPINION most likely of the groomed new world order which has been infiltrating every niche for years as an enactment of the Bilderberg, Bush etc. Blair, (add them all to the sack) game of which I am becoming convinced after 9 long years of cover up re McCs, has been to get people tagged, electronically, bank accounts included, so that numbers can be eliminated at will.
There, I've said it.
First @ Mirage.  Thank you very much for posting, it gives another side to the story. It looks like there was some deceit by Rachel Sylvester. There is certainly the appearance of a deliberate set-up, with May calling for a 'clean campaign' - not quite sure when she published this though.

However, I have reflected on Leadsom's words. I have been to the 'Order, Order' site and visited one or two others, where I spotted this quote by a poster (I think the term 'kippers' refers to UKIP members supporters):

"The kippers are riding to the rescue already. Any decent person with compassion would be appalled by her comments. As for the interview being inaccurate, misleading or off the record, simple: Don't say it if you don't mean it. This was a nasty remark that goes to the core of this woman's character. Unlike the kippers who infest this site, I have a vote. Any concerns I had about May's record have been set aside. Leadsom has neither the character, experience or skill to be Prime Minister".

No-one wants us to divorce amicably from the EU more than I do. As a former UKIP member for 7 years of course I support their view on the EU. I hoped Boris Johnson would have become PM. Now that the battle is between May and Leadsom, I am - all things being otherwise equal - naturally inclined to support fellow Brexiteer, Leadsom. And Leadsom undoubtedly performed very well in the TV debates, though so too did Johnson, Gove and Patel - all admirably so.

However, the above comment, though perhaps a tad harshly expressed, does I am afraid rather speak for my views about Leadsom. I think she has made quite a lot more of her career than she makes out, and may even have lied about it in places. Whatever the inducement by Sylvester during the interview, Leadsom should never have dared to claim that having children made her any better at being able to judge political issues than a childless woman. As we get to know more about her, claims about her 'stellar career' and suitability to be Prime Minister appear to be fading.

Does she have the character, experience and skills to be Prime Minister? If she wins, and becomes Prime Minister, I can only hope so, but personally I doubt it.      

@ Bobbin

Yes I will keep the headline - and I propose, when I have a moment, to add a few other comments, e.g. those by Corbyn ('We must respect the voters') and Theresa May ('Brexit means Brexit' etc.). All the ones we can hurl back at the undemocratic Remainers.

I agree with your other comments to this extent. Without doubt, very powerful people (including those who attend Bilderberg meetings) subscribe to the agenda of replacing national governments with a supranational state or, OK let's call a spade a spade, a one world government. The British people have just put a mighty big spanner in the works though, hence the superhuman efforts being made to reverse the vote.

As for the possible interest of these powerful people with the reported disappearance of Madeleine McCann, yes I do see connections. Her disappearance has been used by these shadowy organisations like Missing People and PACT, supported by some very dubious celebrities. Madeleine has been prayed in aid by companies promoting microchipping. A cashless society is on the cards (excuse the pun), and above all the powers-that-be are obtaining more and more levers of control over us, e.g. surveillance and monitoring of all kinds. That's about as far as I can travel with you on those issues, I think.      

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 09.07.16 19:05

I will give Andrea the benefit of the doubt here and take it that she meant no ill will towards Teflon Terri and that she meant she was concerned for her children and grandchildren.  No matter how close one is to nieces, nephews one's own children are always upper most in mind.  It is coming to the point where people are afraid to say anything for fear of being labelled cruel etc.

I haven't forgotten Katie Hopkins views this week about the Rotheram girls, immigration and that photo of May with the sign saying I'M IN.   It seems many have.

Maybe Mrs. May should tell the newspapers who support her to let this be a clean fight.

As Andrea's campaign manager said May might, but Andrea will.

Come on Andrea.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 09.07.16 19:49

@willowthewisp wrote:

Mr Gove could dress up for you if you like, as he has shown how he likes to cross to which side suits his cause, not afraid to share a bed is our Mr Gove, are you Five in a bed Michael!?
I was surprised to hear that Gove likes to gossip once he has had a drink.  All sorts of things coming out.  titter

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 10.07.16 9:32

Correction to my post upthread about Andrea's campaign manager's quote

Theresa May but Andrea will. titter

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 10.07.16 14:09

Arron Banks in the Express - another one who suspects Theresa May will sabotage Brexit.

"What I do fear is Theresa May… which would be the death of Brexit by a thousand cuts."
When asked by Marr whether she would "betray" the referendum, Mr Banks, tipped as a potential leader of Ukip, said "absolutely".
"He continued: "This Project Fear has moved into Project Smear, the whole of the media are behind May and I think there is a good reason for that.
"They want to delay Article 50."
In a stinging attack on the Home Secretary Mr Banks said she will attempt to agree the "Norway option" with the EU – likely to involve access to the single market with Britain continuing to accept free movement of people.
He said: "If Theresa May wins Ukip will be back with a vengeance."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/687978/theresa-may-brexit-arron-banks-marr

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Two views, one hostile to Leadsom, one hostile to May

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.07.16 17:20

ONE VIEW OPPOSED TO ANDREA LEADSOM...

Elizabeth (commenter on an Independent article)

Agree with Marklab. I've been in despair since she crept into second place and can't think of a worse prime ministerial candidate.

She's incapable of engaging in detail about anything much except her being a "mum".

This country need a prime minister not a primary school assistant.

The MP'S who backed this woman have poor judgement. Her CV is in dispute, her MP experience is negligible, she claims to have been a credible banker but says "the pound has dropped just a bit after the referendum" when in fact it had reached a 31-year low!

She's had a brief involvement with one charity NOT lots of charities claimed by IDS and a lot of "directorships" with family. Probably in name only and not an effective directorship.

At 53 years old this woman is without credible background and not fit to be Prime Minister ever.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

...AND ANOTHER (SUPPRESSED) VIEW OPPOSED TO THERESA MAY

And you think that T. May, the worst Home Secretary in British history would make a better PM?

TELEGRAPH  PULLED ARTICLE  CRITICAL  OF THERESA  MAY  AFTER PRESSURE  FROM  HER CAMPAIGN

The   Daily  Telegraph   pulled  an  article  critical  of Conservative  leadership   contender   Theresa May  from   its website  after pressure   from   her   campaign   team,   it  has   been   claimed.

The  article  by  Jonathan  Foreman,  which  can  still  be  read in full  at  Web  Archive, has mysteriously  disappeared from the newspaper’s  website  and  any attempt  to  access  it at  its original  location  returns  a  404  error.

Now  the  Guido Fawkes blog  says  that  Mrs May’s  campaign  thought  it  was  SO DAMAGING   they  “insisted  it  be removed  or  the  newspaper  would  suffer  consequences after coronation…”

The  article , entitled  “THERESA  MAY  IS  A  GREAT SELF- PROMOTER,  BUT  A  TERRIBLE  HOME  SECRETARY,” provides an excoriating  list  of the  Home  Secretary’s failings  while  in office,  saying  that  although  she  is  good  at exuding an air of  competence, her record  “HAS  BEEN LITTLE  BETTER  THAN   DISASTROUS.”

As  Breitbart  London  reported….Mrs  May presided  over  the biggest  migration  surge  in  British history  all  the while promising  to  reduce figures  to  the  “tens of thousands”.

In  his  article, Mr Foreman  says  she is  responsible  for  a  “succession  of  derelictions that  has  left Britain’s  borders  and coastline  at  least  as  insecure  as they  were  in 2010,  and  which mean  that  British governments still  rely on guesswork to  estimate how  many  people enter  and  leave  the  country.”

Among  her failings, Mr Foreman includes:

Take  the  demoralised, underfunded  UK  Border  Force.   As the  public  discovered  after  a people-smugglers’  vessel  ran aground in  May,  it has only  three  (3) cutters  protecting 7,700 miles  of   coastline.  Italy  by  contrast has  600 (SIX HUNDRED) boats  patrolling  its  4722  miles.

Considering the  impression  Mrs May  gives  of being  serious  about  security, it’s  all  the more  astonishing  that  she has also  allowed  the  UK’s small  airfields  to  go  unpatrolled  –  despite  the  vastly increased  terrorist  threat  of the  last few years,  the onset  of  the  migration  crisis,  and  the emergence  of  smuggling networks  that  traffic people,  drugs and arms.

Then  there  is  the  failure  to  establish exit  checks  at all  the  country’s airports  and  ports. These  were  supposed to  be in  place  by  March 2015.”

------

“Theresa May is a great self-promoter, but a terrible Home Secretary”, which was pulled after pressure from her campaign. It is excoriating…

THE ACTUAL ARTICLE (on Guido Fawkes' site)

In the run-up to the 2015 election, one of the handicaps David Cameron had to finesse was the fact that net migration to the UK was three times as high as he had promised it would be. Remarkably, none of the opprobrium this failure provoked brought forth the name of Theresa May, the cabinet minister actually entrusted with bringing migration down. Then, as now, it was as if the icy Home Secretary had a dark magic that warded off all critical scrutiny.

The fact that her lead role in this fiasco went unnoticed and unmentioned likely reflects Mrs May’s brilliant, all-consuming efforts to burnish her image with a view to become prime minister.

After all, Mrs May’s tenure as Home Secretary has been little better than disastrous – a succession of derelictions that has left Britain’s borders and coastline at least as insecure as they were in 2010, and which mean that British governments still rely on guesswork to estimate how many people enter and leave the country.

People find this hard to credit because she exudes determination and strength. Compared to many of her bland, flabby cabinet colleagues, she has real gravitas. And few who follow British politics would deny that she is a deadly political infighter. Indeed Theresa May is to Westminster what Cersei Lannister is to Westeros in Game of Thrones: no one who challenges her survives undamaged, while the welfare of the realm is of secondary concern.

Take the demoralised, underfunded UK Border Force. As the public discovered after a people-smugglers’ vessel ran aground in May, it has only three cutters protecting 7,700 miles of coastline. Italy by contrast has 600 boats patrolling its 4722 miles.

Considering the impression Mrs May gives of being serious about security, it’s all the more astonishing that she has also allowed the UK’s small airfields to go unpatrolled – despite the vastly increased terrorist threat of the last few years, the onset of the migration crisis, and the emergence of smuggling networks that traffic people, drugs and arms.

Then there is the failure to establish exit checks at all the country’s airports and ports. These were supposed to be in place by March 2015.

Unfortunately the Border Force isn’t the only organisation under Mrs May’s control that is manifestly unfit for purpose. Recent years have seen a cavalcade of Home Office decisions about visas and deportations that suggest a department with a bizarre sense of the national interest.

The most infamous was the refusal of visas to Afghan interpreters who served with the British forces in Afghanistan – as Lord Guthrie said, a national shame.

Mrs May has kept so quiet about this and other scandals – such as the collapse of the eBorders IT system, at cost of almost a billion pounds – that you might imagine someone else was in charge the Home Office.

[It’s not just a matter of the odd error. Yvette Cooper pointed out in 2013 that despite Coalition rhetoric, the number of people refused entry to the UK had dropped by 50 per cent, the backlog of finding failed asylum seekers had gone up and the number of illegal immigrants deported had gone down.]

The reputation for effectiveness that Mrs May nevertheless enjoys derives from a single, endlessly cited event: the occasion in 2014 when she delivered some harsh truths to a conference of the Police Federation.

Unfortunately this was an isolated incident that, given the lack of any subsequent (or previous) effort at police reform, seems to have been intended mainly for public consumption.

In general Mrs May has avoided taking on the most serious institutional problems that afflict British policing. These include a disturbing willingness by some forces to let public relations concerns determine policing priorities, widespread overreliance on CCTV, the widespread propensity to massage crime numbers, the extreme risk aversion manifested during the London riots, and the preference for diverting police resources to patrol social media rather than the country’s streets.

There is also little evidence that Mrs May has paid much attention to the failure of several forces to protect vulnerable girls from the ethnically-motivated sexual predation seen in Rotherham and elsewhere. Nor, despite her supposed feminism, has Mrs May’s done much to ensure that girls from certain ethnic groups are protected from forced marriage and genital mutilation. But again, Mrs May has managed to evade criticism for this.

When considering her suitability for party leadership, it’s also worth remembering Mrs May’s notorious “lack of collegiality”.

David Laws’ memoirs paint a vivid picture of a secretive, rigid, controlling, even vengeful minister, so unpleasant to colleagues that a dread of meetings with her was something that cabinet members from both parties could bond over.

Unsurprisingly, Mrs May’s overwhelming concern with taking credit and deflecting blame made for a difficult working relationship with her department, just as her propensity for briefing the press against cabinet colleagues made her its most disliked member in two successive governments.

It is possible that Mrs May’s intimidating ruthlessness could make her the right person to negotiate with EU leaders. However, there’s little in her record to suggest she possesses either strong negotiation skills or the ability to win allies among other leaders, unlike Michael Gove, of whom David Laws wrote “it was possible to disagree with him but impossible to dislike him.”

It’s surely about time – and not too late – for conservatives to look behind Mrs May’s carefully-wrought image and consider if she really is the right person to lead the party and the country.

There’s a vast gulf between being effective in office, and being effective at promoting yourself; it’s not one that Theresa May has yet crossed.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 10.07.16 19:58

Jonathan Pie always makes me laugh.

A few truths expressed in this skit - Warning a few `fs` dropped in here and there.

"You may as well resurrect Pit The Younger and be done with it"  big grin

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 10.07.16 20:33

I look forward to the day when they stop talking and start walking. 

As time progresses I become more and more convinced that Brexit will never happen - what a disgraceful insult to UK democracy and waste of public funds.

How naive to think the establishment actually care about the people - the people that put them in office and pay their wages.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 10.07.16 21:13

Theresa May agreed to the set up of Operation Grange under duress, having been threatened with a week of bad headlines from Rebekah Brooks.  She has also ben involved in secret meetings with the likes of Richard Branson who would benefit from remaining with the EU.

May appears to be a strong woman who is against corruption and appears to want to give the public what they want but is she easily swayed by the likes of Branson and Brooks?

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 10.07.16 21:42

@sharonl wrote:Theresa May agreed to the set up of Operation Grange under duress, having been threatened with a week of bad headlines from Rebekah Brooks.  She has also ben involved in secret meetings with the likes of Richard Branson who would benefit from remaining with the EU.

May appears to be a strong woman who is against corruption and appears to want to give the public what they want but is she easily swayed by the likes of Branson and Brooks?
@ sharonl       This thread - which includes a number of very significant quotes by Theresa May - should provide you with at least a measure of reassurance:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12999-government-statement-on-the-petition-calling-for-a-second-eu-referendum-9-july-2016#346243

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 10.07.16 21:50

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@sharonl wrote:Theresa May agreed to the set up of Operation Grange under duress, having been threatened with a week of bad headlines from Rebekah Brooks.  She has also ben involved in secret meetings with the likes of Richard Branson who would benefit from remaining with the EU.

@ sharonl       This thread - which includes a number of very significant quotes by Theresa May - should provide you with at least a measure of reassurance:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12999-government-statement-on-the-petition-calling-for-a-second-eu-referendum-9-july-2016#346243

Thanks Tony

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 10.07.16 22:59

Frankly I don't trust any of them, they all preach the same gospel but seem to baulk when it comes to acting out the sermon.

If Ms May was forced into instigating Operation Grange because of threats made by News International executives, one has to ask what she had to hide - what was Rebekah Brooks going to splash across the headlines that threatened to compromise Ms May's position as Home Secretary?

Like the McCanns themselves, if totally innocent of any wrongdoing what is there to fear?  Rhetorical question of course!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum