The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?

4% 4% 
[ 6 ]
3% 3% 
[ 5 ]
14% 14% 
[ 20 ]
31% 31% 
[ 46 ]
11% 11% 
[ 16 ]
37% 37% 
[ 55 ]

Total Votes : 148

Re: Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by BlueBag on 03.07.16 10:29

Might as well post it here:

For anyone who doesn't know, Cameron's suits cost up to £3,500 pounds.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by Nina on 03.07.16 10:38

@BlueBag wrote:Might as well post it here:

May I borrow  that  please for my timeline?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 03.07.16 10:42

@Nina wrote:

May I borrow  that  please for my timeline?
Feel free!

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 03.07.16 11:59

For anyone who doesn't know, Cameron's suits cost up to £3,500 pounds.
and he still looked like an overweight, middle aged git. big grin

Did anyone see Blair walking over that bridge with Major before the vote.   His suits are probably just as expensive but he seems to have adopted a "John Wayne" style walk which he probably picked up in America during his visits to George W.   I thought he looked a right prat.

Well said Corbyn, ridiculous amount of money and then they think we are all idiots when his wife comes out in a £100 dress with £100 pound shoes from one of the High Street stores.

Actions speak louder than words.  They really do think we are OIKS.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 03.07.16 12:37

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/685684/andrea-leadsom-tory-PM-contenders-UK-theresa-may-energy-minister-Duncan-Smith

Come on Andrea knock May off her perch which she has no business to be on in the first place.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 04.07.16 15:39

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 04.07.16 18:39

@plebgate wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/685684/andrea-leadsom-tory-PM-contenders-UK-theresa-may-energy-minister-Duncan-Smith

Come on Andrea knock May off her perch which she has no business to be on in the first place.

I can't see exiting EU being on Mrs. May's "Things To Do" list. She will find lots of other things to make her look busy.

Cameron and May have managed to cover up the McCann case pretty well for 9 years, being in cahoots with the MSM,  so dragging their feet for a year or two is child's play to them.

We need an Action Person to exit and ignore all the sore losers.

whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The case for Gove

Post by Tony Bennett on 04.07.16 23:32

I agree that in the past few days Andrea Leadsom has picked up a lot of support and has much to recommend her.

Not only is she a committed ‘Brexiteer’ (well, since she changed her mind sometime during the last three years), but she also wants to invoke Article 50 quickly, which Gove does not.   

I saw a reference earlier to the number of MPs who had committed for each of the five candidates, and they were as follows:

May – 94
Leadsom – 29
Crabb – 24
Gove – 21
Fox – 7.

At the bookmakers, Leadsom is in second place, at about 11/4, while Gove is well behind in third place on about 12/1. 
She is also gaining votes on our own CMOM poll.
However, and despite his alleged ‘backstabbing’ of Boris Johnson, I still favour Michael Gove, and I offer these two recent interviews of Gove by Andrew Marr, just before the referendum, in support (especially the first):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5NwCxXE1Ws ( 9 June)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12sn6AAgvoM (12 May)

What t see here is a man who is clear, concise and decisive; in command. A leader. A sort of ‘headmaster’ figure.

He does not, in my judgment, waffle or equivocate. He gives straight, honest answers. He doesn’t require much thinking time; he says what he thinks.

Have a look at how his robust and genuine commitment to free speech comes strongly across. He fully understands and articulates the key issue of how Britain must in future be a self-governing democracy and how he is relentlessly confident that Britain will do well and prosper outside the E.U. He welcomed inward migration, but was equally clear that the numbers simply must be ct.  

I forgive him what for appeared to be major act of disloyalty to Boris Johnson, described as ‘backstabbing’.  Undoubtedly. Boris’s communication skills, humour and general popularity was more decisive than Gove’s more cerebral contributions during the campaign. Boris worked the streets well.

But that does not mean he would make the better Prime Minister – at least, not yet. And I think Gove in the days following the historic Brexit vote saw enough flaws in Boris to give him genuine doubt if he would be the man to lead us through the very choppy days ahead. Maybe Johnson was fazed by the task ahead. He was beginning to row back on the subject of migration.   
My personal view is that Gove is more wholeheartedly committed to Brexit than any of them, and more aware of the need for strong and clever leadership to get us right out of the E.U. trap-door.       

It was a good sign that Gove published his tax return ahead of the others. Leadsom has refused to do so – unless she makes the last two. Why is that? What is she afraid of?.

Gove apparently has no outside financial interests and just declares his salaries as M.P. and government minister. Which is good. I also think he has performed well in two senior government roles – Education and Justice.

I appreciate that Gove is 4th in the running at present. But I hope he comes through.

I suspect our enemies fear him above all the rest.   

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeMaker on 05.07.16 0:09

Although I'm not a member I look in on this forum and voted 6. "None of them will be any good". Mostly because I personally believe that all politicians are crooked. The only politician I trust and ever trusted is Nigel Farage. I'm dismayed that he's stepped down. But that aside, Katie Hopkins is a jar of Marmite. Some people love her; some hate her, but I've always felt she spoke for the people and have hardly had anything to disagree with her regards most of her articles. I know very little about politics; my gut instinct wants out of the EU and I feel angered by the London students who are insular and can't see beyond their own noses. Back to Katie Hopkins. As I said, I like her articles and come to trust her thoughts. She seems to side with Andrea Leadsom. For that reason I take back my vote "None of them will be any good" and replace that with Andrea Leadsom.

HomeMaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 05.07.16 8:12

Welcome 'Homemaker' and thank you for posting your opinion.

I just want to say thank you to our guests who post here high5

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 8:36

Boris has declared his support for Andrea Leadsom so no doubt his supporters will be backing her.

Regarding Gove and backstabbing I don't think he did really.   I believe him when he says that he saw Boris kind of back tracking and not being very decisive so he had no option in his opinion but to stand.   I don't blame him for that at all having thought about it all.   Boris has been accused of backstabbing Camerun but this doesn't get mentioned now.

What put me off Gove was the contact with Murdoch.  Why would he even think of being in contact with Murdoch?   We voted for change and change in everything not just coming out of EU.

If that was explained then maybe my thoughts would change but I have yet to see an explanation.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 05.07.16 8:56

@plebgate wrote:Boris has declared his support for Andrea Leadsom so no doubt his supporters will be backing her.

Regarding Gove and backstabbing I don't think he did really.   I believe him when he says that he saw Boris kind of back tracking and not being very decisive so he had no option in his opinion but to stand.   I don't blame him for that at all having thought about it all.   Boris has been accused of backstabbing Camerun but this doesn't get mentioned now.

What put me off Gove was the contact with Murdoch.  Why would he even think of being in contact with Murdoch?   We voted for change and change in everything not just coming out of EU.

If that was explained then maybe my thoughts would change but I have yet to see an explanation.

I'm not sure all Boris supporters will necessarily back Leadsom.

From what I've read Johnson is closer to Murdoch than Gove, and Murdoch being Brexit makes him a valuable ally.  Brexit was not an easy goal to achieve, and what if Murdoch played a substantial role in us obtaining Brexit?

Farage also has met with Murdoch in Manhattan, and attended events with him.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.07.16 9:14

@plebgate wrote:What put me off Gove was the contact with Murdoch.  Why would he even think of being in contact with Murdoch?   We voted for change and change in everything not just coming out of EU.
It is a regrettable fact of life that it probably pays for any aspiring British politician not to offend Murdoch. As 'pennylane' has pointed out, Farage has met Murdoch, so I don't think we should hold this against Gove too much.

Murdoch was never a wholehearted supporter of the EU and in the past made noises in favour of Britain keeping the pound. I think his three main titles - Sun, Times and Sunday Times - all came out for Brexit?

So for as this forum is concerned, though, the Sun's and the News of the World's treatment of the Madeleine McCann story has has been appalling - and maybe one day will deservedly be publicly shamed. I feel sure that his darling, Rebekah Brooks, has more than a shrewd idea of what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 9:15

Yes Pennylane many of them seem to be in with Murdoch but I have yet to see or hear that Leadsom has been.

The people of Britain and the way they are treated brought about Brexit whether Murdoch possibly gets credit for that or not.

We can see with our own eyes what has been happening we didn't need Murdoch for that and I just hope that whoever is elected steers well clear of him and all the other so-called movers and shakers of the world.

Heartily sick of them all and their greed.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.07.16 9:21

Gove has crept into third place today ahead of Stephen Crabb amongst those MPs who have publicly declared in favour of one of the candidates:

May - 115
Leadsom - 40
Gove - 26
Crabb - 23
Fox - 9.

That leaves 119 yet to declare one way or the other.

The winner needs 167 of the 332 Conservative MPs

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 05.07.16 9:32

@plebgate wrote:Yes Pennylane many of them seem to be in with Murdoch but I have yet to see or hear that Leadsom has been.

The people of Britain and the way they are treated brought about Brexit whether Murdoch possibly gets credit for that or not.

We can see with our own eyes what has been happening we didn't need Murdoch for that and I just hope that whoever is elected steers well clear of him and all the other so-called movers and shakers of the world.

Hi plebgate,

Leadsom openly promoted the EU, which may well have kept her off Murdoch's dinner party list?

I loathe the media and its lack of integrity, but I very much doubt political parties will steer well clear of Murdoch, as they would be biting off their nose to spite their face (imo). The media is an unfortunate by-product of being in power.

I do think you underestimate Murdoch's huge financial clout and persuasive role in the outcome of Brexit.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 05.07.16 9:42

@Tony Bennett wrote:Gove has crept into third place today ahead of Stephen Crabb amongst those MPs who have publicly declared in favour of one of the candidates:

May - 115
Leadsom - 40
Gove - 26
Crabb - 23
Fox - 9.

That leaves 119 yet to declare one way or the other.

The winner needs 167 of the 332 Conservative MPs

Good news, Tony!  Gove is a true Brexiteer, and I prefer him over the other candidates!  thumbup

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.07.16 9:57

@Tony Bennett wrote:Gove has crept into third place today ahead of Stephen Crabb amongst those MPs who have publicly declared in favour of one of the candidates:

May - 115
Leadsom - 40
Gove - 26
Crabb - 23
Fox - 9.
OK, I am going to have a shot at a prediction.

My big fear is that most of the Remainers will vote May on the first ballot and that she will get very close to the 167 she needs to win outright.

But I will predict:

May - 144
Leadsom - 75
Gove - 58
Crabb - 32
Fox - 23.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 10:12

@pennylane wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Yes Pennylane many of them seem to be in with Murdoch but I have yet to see or hear that Leadsom has been.

Hi plebgate,

Leadsom openly promoted the EU, which may well have kept her off Murdoch's dinner party list?

I loathe the media and its lack of integrity, but I very much doubt political parties will steer well clear of Murdoch, as they would be biting off their nose to spite their face (imo). The media is an unfortunate by-product of being in power.

I do think you underestimate Murdoch's huge financial clout and persuasive role in the outcome of Brexit.
Question is why did he want us out?  Not for the voters benefit imo.  

Money money money yet again I believe and in his favour.

Also a kick in the teeth to Blair possibly?

Whatever the reason I can't stand him or anyone who deals with him.   I hope Andrea steers well clear I really do.

I don't recall seeing Murdoch and his newspaper backing Brexit when Blair was in power and they were great chums, so much so that his newspapers kept quiet about Blair being godfather to Murdoch's children.

Nah, not for me at all although I do recognise that for some reason the politicians seem to still think that the owners can swing it for them.

My advice look to the bloggers and forums, the so call keyboard warriors.   It is they who by and large tell it how it is and people like Katie Hopkins and Nick Ferrari and Steve Allan especially imo.

Come on the internet keep up the campaign.   thumbsup

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 05.07.16 10:25

@plebgate wrote:
@pennylane wrote:

Hi plebgate,

Question is why did he want us out?  Not for the voters benefit imo.  

Money money money yet again I believe and in his favour.

Also a kick in the teeth to Blair possibly?

Whatever the reason I can't stand him or anyone who deals with him.   I hope Andrea steers well clear I really do.

I don't recall seeing Murdoch and his newspaper backing Brexit when Blair was in power and they were great chums, so much so that his newspapers kept quiet about Blair being godfather to Murdoch's children.

Nah, not for me at all although I do recognise that for some reason the politicians seem to still think that the owners can swing it for them.

My advice look to the bloggers and forums, the so call keyboard warriors.   It is they who by and large tell it how it is and people like Katie Hopkins and Nick Ferrari and Steve Allan especially imo.

Come on the internet keep up the campaign.   thumbsup

I do agree with you. I'm just being realistic in that the Remains had so much government clout and media power behind them, that any powerful clout Brexit received was (imo) very precious to the outcome.  Whatever the motivation, it was a necessary evil perhaps.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 10:28

Yes could be Pennylane.

I will be very impressed if Murdoch takes on the businesses who want to challenge the Brexit vote through the courts via Mischon de Rey.  The least he can do if he favours Brexit so much imo.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 05.07.16 11:18

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@plebgate wrote:What put me off Gove was the contact with Murdoch.  Why would he even think of being in contact with Murdoch?   We voted for change and change in everything not just coming out of EU.
It is a regrettable fact of life that it probably pays for any aspiring British politician not to offend Murdoch. As 'pennylane' has pointed out, Farage has met Murdoch, so I don't think we should hold this against Gove too much.

Murdoch was never a wholehearted supporter of the EU and in the past made noises in favour of Britain keeping the pound. I think his three main titles - Sun, Times and Sunday Times - all came out for Brexit?

So for as this forum is concerned, though, the Sun's and the News of the World's treatment of the Madeleine McCann story has has been appalling - and maybe one day will deservedly be publicly shamed. I feel sure that his darling, Rebekah Brooks, has more than a shrewd idea of what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

agree  Tony.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 05.07.16 11:53

@Tony Bennett wrote:It is a regrettable fact of life that it probably pays for any aspiring British politician not to offend Murdoch.

Tony Blair obviously didn't take any notice of that, having an affair with his wife!

Presumably Jerry will be off limits if Theresa is the next PM.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 14:17

Leadership race first round of ballot results at 7.00pm today.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum