The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?

4% 4% 
[ 6 ]
3% 3% 
[ 5 ]
14% 14% 
[ 20 ]
31% 31% 
[ 46 ]
11% 11% 
[ 16 ]
37% 37% 
[ 55 ]

Total Votes : 148

Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.06.16 12:21

The confirmed candidates in the race are:

Stephen Crabb

Liam Fox

Michael Gove

Andrea Leadsom

Theresa May.

No others, no Boris Johnson.

Most are saying it's a two-horse race between Gove and May

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by jeanmonroe on 30.06.16 12:27

@Tony Bennett wrote:The confirmed candidates in the race are:

Stephen Crabb

Liam Fox

Michael Gove

Andrea Leadsom

Theresa May.

No others, no Boris Johnson.

Most are saying it's a two-horse race between Gove and May

i'd 'suggest' that Murdoch and Dacre are 'saying' it's a ONE horse 'race'................'their puppet'...........GOVE!

'snipped' from an e-mail from Gove's wife, yesterday.

"Crucially, the membership will not have the necessary reassurance to back Boris, neither will (Daily Mail editor Paul) Dacre/(Rupert) Murdoch, who instinctively dislike Boris but trust 'your ability enough' to support a Boris Gove ticket."

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Andrea Leadsom or Theresa May? (was: NEW POLL - Who would best lead our country for the next 4 years?)

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 12:40

@TonyBennett:  I regret the knifing and even vilification of Boris Johnson as I think that without his charisma, humour and ability to communicate, we might never have achieved the Brexit vote.

I agree wholeheartedly, with those attributes he connects with the people - something which is sadly amiss with most politicians. 

I'm very sorry he's out of the running.  I believe with his huge personality, he could have encouraged more people to interest themselves in home politics.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.06.16 14:23

Average of latest odds:

May - 4/7 on

Gove - 3-1 against

Leadsom - 5-1 against

Crabb - 20-1 against

Fox - 40-1 against

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 30.06.16 14:39

Gutted.

I wonder if that email was 'leaked' accidentally on purpose to try to get him out of the race?

Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 30.06.16 14:40

Gove - will back down on Brexit and try to negotiate IMO..

"I have, therefore, decided to put my name forward for the leadership. I want there to be an open and positive debate about the path the country will now take. Whatever the verdict of that debate I will respect it. In the next few days I will lay out my plan for the United Kingdom which I hope can provide unity and change."

Also, unpopular with a lot of people.

Claire25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 30.06.16 14:42

Theresa May has said there will be no going back, not even through the backdoor and no second referendum.

If she gets in people will hold her to that.

Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 30.06.16 14:47

People don't like her at all though.. police and fire service, the immigration issue, sharia law.  If it is Gove that has Murdoch's backing, will we see a week of headlines on the front pages re Theresa May now?

Claire25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 15:05

The thought of Theresa May being elected leader of the Conservative party fills me with horror.

There is hope that she might be the proverbial sacrificial lamb - they will be looking for someone to blame when Brexit goes belly-up, which is already happening wholesale.  Maybe Boris Johnson isn't quite so dumb as people like to think.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 30.06.16 15:25

Theresa May "I AM THE BEST PERSON TO BE PRIME MINISTER OF THIS COUNTRY"

WELL!  THAT'S 'US' TOLD THEN!

However, there might be 'one small fly in her ointment'

And that is 'what' has T May 'known', if anything, about the 'disappearance', or, 'possible death' of a three years old child in Portugal in 2007?'

Has she 'spent' over £16million of UK taxpayers 'money' ('funding' a 5 year 'full time' investigation).........'covering up'...what she possibly 'knows'?

Anyway, her statement, 'i am the best person to be prime minister of this country' sounds awfully like 'blowing one's own trumpet'!
--------------------------------------------

24 Sep 2009 ... Gerry McCann: "There's no evidence that Madeleine is dead and there's no evidence to implicate us in her death".  

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doubter on 30.06.16 15:36

So no control on immigration .

No £350 million for the NHS .

And now no Boris .

Must be a few scratching their heads wondering exactly what they voted for ?

Doubter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 30.06.16 15:38

Indeed a campaign fought on half truths,and now the leader of it does a runner so he can try and become PM in a few years time.

I think a general election should be called,as both parties at present are a joke.

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doubter on 30.06.16 15:55

@notlongnow wrote:Indeed a campaign fought on half truths,and now the leader of it does a runner so he can try and become PM in a few years time.

I think a general election should be called,as both parties at present are a joke.

I could'nt agree more sir / madam . I think when we look back at the history of this debacle it will show that the 'out' side of the argument managed to get a section of society who do not normally vote , off their backsides and into the polling booths to endorse those lies . Possibly a sizeable chunk of the out electorate who never vote at General Elections and responded to the undercurrent of anti foreigner sentiment .

Doubter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 30.06.16 16:03

@Doubter wrote:So no control on immigration .

And now no Boris .

The fight goes on.

Except 52% (at least) of the electorate are watching and waking up.

It's not the end.

It will never be the end until we leave.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 16:30

@jeanmonroe wrote:Theresa May "I AM THE BEST PERSON TO BE PRIME MINISTER OF THIS COUNTRY"

WELL!  THAT'S 'US' TOLD THEN!

However, there might be 'one small fly in her ointment'

And that is 'what' has T May 'known', if anything, about the 'disappearance', or, 'possible death' of a three years old child in Portugal in 2007?'

Has she 'spent' over £16million of UK taxpayers 'money' ('funding' a 5 year 'full time' investigation).........'covering up'...what she possibly 'knows'?

Anyway, her statement, 'i am the best person to be prime minister of this country' sounds awfully like 'blowing one's own trumpet'!
--------------------------------------------

24 Sep 2009 ... Gerry McCann: "There's no evidence that Madeleine is dead and there's no evidence to implicate us in her death".  
If she's the best - perish the thought of who/what the worst must be like.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 16:32

And now no Boris .

They voted for a farce - nothing new there where politics are concerned.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 16:35

@notlongnow wrote:Indeed a campaign fought on half truths,and now the leader of it does a runner so he can try and become PM in a few years time.

That's not so daft - it's always been on the cards.  Problem is, if both (all?) parties are a joke - who would you vote for?

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 30.06.16 16:41

@BlueBag wrote:

And now no Boris .

The fight goes on.

It's not the end.

I think the electorate need to be wised-up as to the true function of the EU - or lack of as the case may be. 

Forum member @bobbin posted a very interesting video on the subject recently.  Should be watched and widely circulated - the populace need to know the implications of a central European governing dictatorship force and how if affects their everyday lives.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doubter on 30.06.16 16:54

@Verdi wrote:

And now no Boris .

They voted for a farce - nothing new there where politics are concerned.

A Nigel Farce ?

Doubter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 30.06.16 16:57

@Verdi wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:

And now no Boris .

The fight goes on.

It's not the end.

I think the electorate need to be wised-up as to the true function of the EU - or lack of as the case may be. 

Forum member @bobbin posted a very interesting video on the subject recently.  Should be watched and widely circulated - the populace need to know the implications of a central European governing dictatorship force and how if affects their everyday lives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0WeURiShfU

Here's the link again Verdi.

It's informative and chilling at the same time.

The more this reaches the populace, the better, I just don't (know how to) do twitter or facebook, perhaps a savvy/ more competent person could move it on out.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 30.06.16 17:01

@Verdi wrote:

That's not so daft - it's always been on the cards.  Problem is, if both (all?) parties are a joke - who would you vote for?
If corbyn is still in charge of labour then them.
If not,the lib dems

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Who will lead the UK in next Four years

Post by willowthewisp on 30.06.16 17:01

How come there are no Labour or Liberal,Greens or UKIP in the thread,don't they count anymore?
What Odds for David Miliband as the New Prime Minister of the UK?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 30.06.16 20:09

She's the one:

But don't let her forget this.... EVER!

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 30.06.16 20:20

Listening to Theresa May earlier it struck me she has had voice coaching. She is using a different, softer register and has lost that throaty break in her voice which was a little harsh on the ear. Testimony to the protracted make-over she embarked on down in Sonning while others were pulling their weight for their country and saving us from a sclerotic EU. Clearly lined up for the job well in advance of the referendum.

I hope she honours her Brexit pledges to the letter and quits the duplicitous behaviour which I have described a few times here. As BlueBag says, we shall be watching.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hogwash on 30.06.16 20:26

At least she's admitted there is a backdoor.

hogwash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum