The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

***GOVE JOINS THE RACE - BORIS WITHDRAWS (12noon, 30.6.16)*** (was: Whatever your views on the Conservatives, whether you voted Remain or Leave, who do you think would best lead our country forward for the next 4 years?)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who do you think would best lead our country forward for the next 4 years?

10% 10% 
[ 3 ]
14% 14% 
[ 4 ]
48% 48% 
[ 14 ]
21% 21% 
[ 6 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 29

Re: ***GOVE JOINS THE RACE - BORIS WITHDRAWS (12noon, 30.6.16)*** (was: Whatever your views on the Conservatives, whether you voted Remain or Leave, who do you think would best lead our country forward for the next 4 years?)

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.06.16 10:24

Michael Gove performed very well in arguing the Brexit case. And so, very much so, did Andrea Leadsom IMO.

I regret the knifing and even vilification of Boris Johnson as I think that without his charisma, humour and ability to communicate, we might never have achieved the Brexit vote.

He was the inspiration for the campaign, he energised it, and I rate him as a winner, having won the London Mayoral election twice, against the odds, and now the Brexit campaign, also against the odds.

On the great issue of the day, he had the courage to call it right whilst others, like Theresa May, hid away from the frame.

And what is the one issue which dominated the Brexit campaign? - immigration. Theresa May is described as a 'good Home Secretary', but she has utterly failed to get a grip on immigration issues in her 6 years at the Home Office

ETA:  Goodness!

Have just checked the latest betting odds - which two days ago had Boris Johnson as the very clear favourite.

Apparently a YouGov poll today of Conservative Party members shows that in a straight fight between May and Johnson, May would win by some margin.

One pollster now gives the following odds:

1st - Theresa May 4/5 on

2nd - Michael Gove 7/2 against

3rd - Boris Johnson 5/1 against

4th - Andrea Leadsom 16/1 against

5th - Stephen Crabb 33/1 against

6th - Liam Fox 50/1 against.

At least 4 out of the 6 were confirmed Brexiteers

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***GOVE JOINS THE RACE - BORIS WITHDRAWS (12noon, 30.6.16)*** (was: Whatever your views on the Conservatives, whether you voted Remain or Leave, who do you think would best lead our country forward for the next 4 years?)

Post by BlueBag on 30.06.16 10:55

@Tony Bennett wrote:And what is the one issue which dominated the Brexit campaign? - immigration. Theresa May is described as a 'good Home Secretary', but she has utterly failed to get a grip on immigration issues in her 6 years at the Home Office
She's happy with Sharia Law

Theresa May says many Britons ‘BENEFIT GREATLY’ from Sharia Law.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/674489/Home-Secretary-Theresa-May-says-Britain-benefits-Sharia-Law

She's another one on board with the destruction of Britain.

Her pledge to "unite Britain" will be nothing more than to make the remainers happy.

This sucks.

She will not trigger Article 50.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 30.06.16 10:59

Re the polls, Tony. I took no notice of them and stuck a few quid on a Leave win. I saw Ladbrokes were showing 6/1 but by the time I got to the betting shop they were already closing in at 9/2. 

Despite having just met an old friend in the street wearing a Remain sticker I proceeded on my intended course, albeit feeling a little pole-axed by the surprise encounter, and she watching me with a pitying eye.

By daybreak I was celebrating a win win. Popular opinion has broken all the wily means of establishment control. And that includes the polls. Which is why I shall check out the odds later and have another little flutter - this time on Boris.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 30.06.16 11:04

So, there you have it!

Murdoch/Dacre 'puppet' Gove in 'situ' for Tory 'leadership'!

Theresa May, another 'contender' for 'leadership' WILL DEFINITELY BE 'ON THE FRONT PAGES' on Murdoch's Scum newspaper!

NOT, i 'suggest', in a 'good way'.

Perhaps we'll NOW, get to 'know' what RB 'meant' when she 'threatened' er, 'persuaded' TM over the McCan't 'campaign'!

jta: On the Labour 'front'...........................If JC does 'nothing else' he MUST still be 'in position' as Labour leader on 6th July 2016 to 'respond', in the HoC, to the Chilcott 'report'!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 30.06.16 11:04

@Mirage wrote:
@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:Theresa May's campaign speech sounded very good, if it's true.

I also think, out of all of them, that she looks and sounds like a Prime Minister even though in this Poll I voted Boris Johnson.

I'll be interested to hear Boris Johnson's campaign speech.
That's the problem for me. I know she is a commanding presence in the House. I see perfectly how she could command the same sort of awe in international dealings. So much so that she will use the sort of patriotic rhetoric that will go down like soothing balm on a fractured and fractious nation.

Her one appearance in the campaign was to give an interview to Laura Kuenssberg. You could see it was set up to promote a vision of prime ministerly-ness. Formal suit. Power hairdo. Oak panels. Subdued lighting. She sat at behind her oak desk, Laura sat to the side like an awed head prefect. Soft ball questions.

I thought Uh Oh. I can see what's  happening here. Probably the chosen heir to Cameron. The 'block my biggest rival, the old Etonian Boris. All you have to do, dear, is wax lyrical about my EUgh deal and plump for Remain . I won't  ask you to compromise your principles any further. Just go to ground. Get yourself off to Sonning and get yourself a make over. Then come out fighting like the Iron Maiden Mark 2. No one's ever going to mention your support for elements of Sharia Law. Your shenanigans over the CSA appointee. The European Arrest Warrant vote that never was. It will all be washed away in the second coming of Maggie to unite a broken Britain you helped smash up. 

Can't  stand that she's going to wash over all this with high flown rhetoric and another heist by filthy establishment tricks. And this from someone who once admired her. Unfortunately, the duping delight she displayed in the Home Affairs Select Committee when she and Vaz played out a set piece act of duplicity over protecting witnesses from prosecution bleddy finished me with that woman .
Rant over. And breathe....

I enjoyed reading that - all so true  big grin

I can almost sympathise with KM and her anger about Theresa May`s `fluffy words`.

I believe TM is worse than Margaret Thatcher for getting her own way, never answering the question and swerving every challenge with an opportunity to spout her own rhetoric like a programmed dalek.  She comes across to me as inhuman.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 30.06.16 11:09

@jeanmonroe wrote:So, there you have it!

Murdoch/Dacre 'puppet' Gove in 'situ' for Tory 'leadership'!

Theresa May, another 'contender' for 'leadership' WILL DEFINITELY BE 'ON THE FRONT PAGES' on Murdoch's Scum newspaper!

NOT, in a 'good way'.

Perhaps we'll NOW, get to 'know' what RB 'meant' when she 'threatened persuaded' TM over the McCan't 'campaign'!

jta: On the Labour 'front'...........................If JC does 'nothing else' he MUST still be 'in position' as Labour leader on 6th July 2016 to 'respond', in the HoC, to the Chilcott 'report'!

It has been said that it`s Anthony Blair and his old matey Alastair Campbell who are behind the coup to get rid of JC and replace with nooLabourites.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.06.16 12:08

@Mirage wrote:By daybreak I was celebrating a win win. Popular opinion has broken all the wily means of establishment control. And that includes the polls. Which is why I shall check out the odds later and have another little flutter - this time on Boris.
Placed your bet on Boris yet?

He has WITHDRAWN from the contest!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-36570120

THREAD CLOSED.

Nicky Morgan has now decided not to stand, Andrea Leadsom and Michael Gove have joined the race, and Boris has withdrawn.

The thread has therefore been closed, a new poll has been opened and the discussion can continue here:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12962-new-poll-who-would-best-lead-our-country-for-the-next-4-years#345288

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum