The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

***GOVE JOINS THE RACE - BORIS WITHDRAWS (12noon, 30.6.16)*** (was: Whatever your views on the Conservatives, whether you voted Remain or Leave, who do you think would best lead our country forward for the next 4 years?)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who do you think would best lead our country forward for the next 4 years?

10% 10% 
[ 3 ]
14% 14% 
[ 4 ]
48% 48% 
[ 14 ]
21% 21% 
[ 6 ]
7% 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 29

***GOVE JOINS THE RACE - BORIS WITHDRAWS (12noon, 30.6.16)*** (was: Whatever your views on the Conservatives, whether you voted Remain or Leave, who do you think would best lead our country forward for the next 4 years?)

Post by Tony Bennett on 29.06.16 18:04

The Conservatives were elected in 2015 with an electoral mandate to run the country for five years until 2010.  

The likelihood is that the following will stand for Leader of the Conservative Party:

Stephen Crabb

Liam Fox

Boris Johnson

Theresa May

Nicky Morgan.

The poll question is: Who do you think would best lead our country forward for the next 4 years?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***GOVE JOINS THE RACE - BORIS WITHDRAWS (12noon, 30.6.16)*** (was: Whatever your views on the Conservatives, whether you voted Remain or Leave, who do you think would best lead our country forward for the next 4 years?)

Post by MayMuse on 29.06.16 18:53

I need a hard long think about this before voting,  other than a huge immediate NO to Theresa May!

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***GOVE JOINS THE RACE - BORIS WITHDRAWS (12noon, 30.6.16)*** (was: Whatever your views on the Conservatives, whether you voted Remain or Leave, who do you think would best lead our country forward for the next 4 years?)

Post by Mirage on 29.06.16 19:07

In view of breaking news late this afternoon involving an accidentally leaked e-mail from Michael Gove's wife, the Daily Mail journalist Sarah Vine, to Gove's aide, I am hanging fire.

I don't  know how she's  got the sort of influence she has, but she is mentioning Murdoch and Dacre in relation to promoting Gove. It involves Johnson's perceived popularity I think. A developing story. Significantly, Vine has abruptly closed her twitter account, so something's afoot.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 29.06.16 19:38

You`ve got Nicky Morgan listed - has she confirmed she`s running?

Andrea Leadsom is not listed though not sure if she`s confirmed either.

Theresa May definite No
Boris Johnson definite No
Liam Fox - a liar so a definite No
Stephen Crabb - the only one so far that`s said No to free movement of people. But who knows, he could be a liar too.

As it stands at the moment I`ll have to go for SC but don`t want to because he`s an unknown.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 29.06.16 20:05

@BlueBag wrote:Bill Cash.
Would that be Sir Bill Cash? 
Didn't he oppose the EU if I recall correctly?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 29.06.16 20:07

@MayMuse wrote:
Yes he did.

Very anti.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 29.06.16 20:12

@BlueBag wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:
Yes he did.

Very anti.
Oooooh is he in the running?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 29.06.16 20:21

@MayMuse wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:
Yes he did.

Very anti.
Oooooh is he in the running?
Absolutely not.

He's unelectable.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 29.06.16 20:45

@Richard IV wrote:You`ve got Nicky Morgan listed - has she confirmed she`s running?

Andrea Leadsom is not listed though not sure if she`s confirmed either.

Theresa May definite No
Boris Johnson definite No
Liam Fox - a liar so a definite No
Stephen Crabb - the only one so far that`s said No to free movement of people. But who knows, he could be a liar too.

As it stands at the moment I`ll have to go for SC but don`t want to because he`s an unknown.
Steven Crabb may not have gone to Eton like some of his Tory buddies but he certainly seems to be like them imo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/further-disability-benefit-cuts-are-on-the-way-new-dwp-secretary-stephen-crabb-signals-a7023916.html

I am very disappointed in all of them.   We were told that Out meant just that but they are trying to con us now.

Millions are watching but they just dont get it.    Get us Out no ifs and no buts.

I would not go for any of those listed.  I would have said Gove but now wait to hear what Murdoch and Dacre have to do with any of it.

So used to getting their own way the whole sorry bunch of them.

Hit those who cannot fight back with all the cut backs and keep the lying powers that be in luxury.  

The people are sick and tired of it all and have spoken.  Now is the time for them to Act.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 29.06.16 20:54

Oh none Sad 

Liam Fox, he's very right wing isn't he.. I don't know too much about him.

I'd really, really like to see Andrea Leadsom or Priti Patel put their names in - they came across as very calm and rational and people that I actually wanted to listen to during the campaign.  And both Out supporters.

Other than that I'd say Borris, but I'm not sure what his motives are now.

Claire25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 29.06.16 21:00

@ Plebgate " We were told that Out meant just that but they are trying to con us now.

Get us Out no ifs and no buts."

Totally agree.

They are trying to work their way round it.

Even this single market thingey is no big deal.  I`m sure all these entrepreneurs can work their way round all these EU rules., besides there are countries lining up to make deals with us now, even USA has - but careful on that one because we don`t want to get dragged into TTIP.

The Moral Maze was excellent tonight - there was some dingbat being questioned by the panel who thought that old people shouldn`t get a vote, nor the unemployed and that all these old people had ruined the young peoples` futures. He hadn`t considered that `these old people` in their wisdom, may have voted for their grandchildren.  What a twit.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 29.06.16 21:08

Good post Richards lV.

Why is this ageism being allowed on tv and in the newspapers?   It is not allowed in the work place so why is it being allowed and aired on a daily basis?

I haven't seen any of the MPs standing in HOC complaining that ageism is on the rise.

These old people not only fought wars but have paid taxes all their lives to keep these young people in education their whole lives, free prescriptions, free dental care, free NHS, library services etc. and yet they have the absolute CHEEK to say that older people should not be allowed to vote.

This nonsense must stop now.   Show some respect to older people and be thankful that older and wiser people have saved them from going down the plughole when the EU sinks.

PAAAHHHH.

HISS OFF .

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 29.06.16 21:20

@plebgate wrote:Good post Richards lV.

Why is this ageism being allowed on tv and in the newspapers?   It is not allowed in the work place so why is it being allowed and aired on a daily basis?

I haven't seen any of the MPs standing in HOC complaining that ageism is on the rise.

These old people not only fought wars but have paid taxes all their lives to keep these young people in education their whole lives, free prescriptions, free dental care, free NHS, library services etc. and yet they have the absolute CHEEK to say that older people should not be allowed to vote.

This nonsense must stop now.   Show some respect to older people and be thankful that older and wiser people have saved them from going down the plughole when the EU sinks.

PAAAHHHH.

HISS OFF .
Don`t worry - the panel didn`t let him get away with it - they really showed their disdain for him.
The Moral Maze on R4 will be on catch-up for a while.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 29.06.16 21:32

I abstain howdy .

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 29.06.16 21:48

My wishlist candidates would be 

Michael Gove or John Redwood for Conservative
and
Gisela Stuart for Labour

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 29.06.16 22:44

Theresa May says "I can re-unite  Britain".

This woman can't  even provide protection for child sex abuse inquiry witnesses. She is a disgrace to vote against John Mann's amendment  to the Official Secrets Act, then play games in the Home Affairs Select Committee. She went out of her way to block vital protection for these witnesses and took the whole tory party with her on what should have been a free vote.

I make no apology for banging on about this opportunist woman. I will not forgive her duplicity. And that on top of trying to install two establishment figures - Woolf and Butler-Schloss - to head up the CSA.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 29.06.16 23:41

@Mirage wrote:Theresa May says "I can re-unite  Britain".
What she means is that she can bring the leavers and the remainers together, talk a lot and we remain.

This country has never been united.

It never will be under this system.

It's always the exploited v the exploiters.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 30.06.16 1:57

I'd 'settle' for a political 'leader' who has personally won, democratically, a vote of over 50.1%, from ALL of the 'citizens' of the UK.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 30.06.16 9:25

As Michael Gove has now announced that he is standing for Leader, and Nicky Morgan has not yet decided - and there may well be other candidates, I shall close this thread and set up a new thread and poll later today

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 30.06.16 9:38

@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:Andrea Leadsom has thrown her hat into the ring.
I picture a chic little number with some cherries on the side.  big grin

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 30.06.16 9:57

Theresa May's campaign speech sounded very good, if it's true.

I also think, out of all of them, that she looks and sounds like a Prime Minister even though in this Poll I voted Boris Johnson.

I'll be interested to hear Boris Johnson's campaign speech.

Google.Gaspar.Statements

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 30.06.16 10:24

@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:Theresa May's campaign speech sounded very good, if it's true.

I also think, out of all of them, that she looks and sounds like a Prime Minister even though in this Poll I voted Boris Johnson.

I'll be interested to hear Boris Johnson's campaign speech.
That's the problem for me. I know she is a commanding presence in the House. I see perfectly how she could command the same sort of awe in international dealings. So much so that she will use the sort of patriotic rhetoric that will go down like soothing balm on a fractured and fractious nation.

Her one appearance in the campaign was to give an interview to Laura Kuenssberg. You could see it was set up to promote a vision of prime ministerly-ness. Formal suit. Power hairdo. Oak panels. Subdued lighting. She sat at behind her oak desk, Laura sat to the side like an awed head prefect. Soft ball questions.

I thought Uh Oh. I can see what's  happening here. Probably the chosen heir to Cameron. The 'block my biggest rival, the old Etonian Boris. All you have to do, dear, is wax lyrical about my EUgh deal and plump for Remain . I won't  ask you to compromise your principles any further. Just go to ground. Get yourself off to Sonning and get yourself a make over. Then come out fighting like the Iron Maiden Mark 2. No one's ever going to mention your support for elements of Sharia Law. Your shenanigans over the CSA appointee. The European Arrest Warrant vote that never was. It will all be washed away in the second coming of Maggie to unite a broken Britain you helped smash up. 

Can't  stand that she's going to wash over all this with high flown rhetoric and another heist by filthy establishment tricks. And this from someone who once admired her. Unfortunately, the duping delight she displayed in the Home Affairs Select Committee when she and Vaz played out a set piece act of duplicity over protecting witnesses from prosecution bleddy finished me with that woman .
Rant over. And breathe....

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum