The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Brexit, racism, and normal life

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brexit, racism, and normal life

Post by Wall67 on 28.06.16 3:13

First post from me, hello to everyone, and hope you are all well, been reading for a while now.

This vote has got everyone in a right 2&8 eh!

Accusations of racism, nationalism, and conspiracy abound.

It has always been this way.
Maybe one day we will get along together, we all need the basics, clean water, clean air, and clean food.

Yes I sound like an idealist, but that is what we should be fighting for. Stop worrying about the fools that are (so called) governing us. If we were stronger in our convictions, and talking to each other in an open and an honest way, then maybe this country would get by.

I am very mixed race, English, Spanish, Scotch, Irish, my son has a bit of Welsh and Afro-Carribean thrown in the  mix too. Race has never been an issue.

I feel very sad that some of the people in the public eye are bleating on about the result of the referendum, people who once championed democracy, and who now seem to be against the concept. Bad losers, spoilt children who haven't got their own way.

These very people who have affected the very youth who are now feeling disaffected, funny that!!

As Jim Morrison once said "where is the new wine? Dying on the vine"

So true, and it breaks my heart to say it.

I am proud to be of this country, we have given a lot to the world, just has much as we have done bad. Things have been done in this countries name that are unspeakable, so I am not some idealist, just a realist.

I am not anti-Europe, just anti EU. When I go abroad, I want the French to be French, the Germans to be Germans etc. not some homogenised European entity.

People of all races, creeds and colours should be proud of their heritage and history, but should never knock anyone else for theirs.

Wall67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brexit, racism, and normal life

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 28.06.16 8:04

Found this on Facebewk yesterday and had to post it somewhere!

Welcome Wall67 welcome

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 28.06.16 8:07

@Wall67 wrote:I feel very sad that some of the people in the public eye are bleating on about the result of the referendum, people who once championed democracy, and who now seem to be against the concept. Bad losers, spoilt children who haven't got their own way.

These very people who have affected the very youth who are now feeling disaffected, funny that!!
Hallo and welcome.

One point that's not been raised much in these discussions is the extent to which the European Union has been deliberately promoted as a 'Good Thing' by so many, for a whole generation.

One aspect of this has been what I would describe as direct brainwashing of the nation's schoolchildren. A vast amount has been spent by the European Union, using our money, to pump propaganda into the classroom, for the past three decades. I have seen some of this propaganda, try googling 'Ice Cream Wars' for a spectacular example. This has been used by teachers to brainwash an entire generation who has never been given an alternative view - until this referendum. Now many of the young are shocked and angry that anyone could have a different view.   

To give one example from only last week, I heard that the teenage son of Christian family in Bedfordshire was abused and shouted at by his teacher, humiliated in fact in front of his class, and all because he began to give his fellow class-mates some clear reasons why he supported 'Leave'. 

It is this kind of mentality that is leading young people to post the most disgusting messages on social media about the older generation, such as (reported here by @ sallypelt): "If you are old and white, just die". And this is from a generation who purport to be 'tolerant'.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 28.06.16 8:09

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:

Welcome Wall67 welcome
No mention of 'fish and six' on Fridays, nor rhubarb crumble?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 28.06.16 13:59

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:

Welcome Wall67 welcome
Very true I like it.   Another one to add - slower, older folk who are not officially disabled people have to park in with everyone else sometimes a good walk from the shop while mother and child places are at the front.  Crazy.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 28.06.16 21:49

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:

Welcome Wall67 welcome
That is just brilliant and oh so true - I'm liking it!  Now the bad hair day doesn't seem so bad .

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Brexit,Racism and a normal life.

Post by willowthewisp on 29.06.16 13:13

I found it Quite disgusting the behaviour of the"Idiots" on the Tram around Manchester with their loud mouthed racist comments and threats to man who challenged them, especially at that time of day drinking Alcohol for their encouragement, in this wonderful,"Cafe Bar Culture"?
We all know there have always been environments were people could visit in their quest to consume more Alcohol, but they were able to be controlled, as there was a ratio of Police/Door Staff to deal with the likely outside of hours drinking persons, than today's cut backs to on the patrol Police men and women?
Don't forget it was the "Politicians" who have control over the licensed hours to consume Alcohol and especially now when,"Licensed premises" are open nearly 24/7,  where people with funds can access the supply of intoxicating Liquors in their quest to be inebriated?
Now I suppose I must not have a brain,as if you increase the exposure time allowance to consume the products and at the same time decrease the amount of Human resources available to control the Environment, would you not expect an increase in the amount of people who not only damage themselves, but other people at the same time?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire25 on 29.06.16 15:00

My local newspaper was reporting an EDL march not far from here, no mention of the fact that they were campaigning against a mosque that is to be built.. Adding fuel to the brexit fire.  Totally irresponsible journalism trying to further the divide.

Claire25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 29.06.16 17:27

@Claire25 wrote:My local newspaper was reporting an EDL march not far from here, no mention of the fact that they were campaigning against a mosque that is to be built.. Adding fuel to the brexit fire.  Totally irresponsible journalism trying to further the divide.

I agree, Claire.  But unfortunately, as we've seen with the McCann saga, xenophobia walks amongst us and can be whipped up if the media has a disturbing agenda to do so!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 29.06.16 17:57

They can build mosques.

If they have a sign outside saying:

• We condemn the death sentence for apostasy.
  • We condemn stoning as a punishment.
  • We condemn flogging as a punishment.
  • We condemn wife beating.

That's not going to happen.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum