The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

*** NEW - Article 50 Petition ACCEPTED - Open for signatures *** (was: CMOMM member proposes urgent post-BREXIT petition to the Prime Minister)

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: *** NEW - Article 50 Petition ACCEPTED - Open for signatures *** (was: CMOMM member proposes urgent post-BREXIT petition to the Prime Minister)

Post by Tony Bennett on 02.07.16 22:56

Already there is a RIVAL petition, i.e. one that asks the government NOT to implement Article 50.

The three most popular petitions on the Prime Minister's website in the last hour are these three:

Invoke Article 50 of The Lisbon Treaty immediately.

1,220 signatures in the last hour

[*]

EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum
465 signatures in the last hour

[*]

Ask the Government not to invoke article 50 of the Lisbon treaty.
282 signatures in the last hour

-------

[*]
The petition to invoke Article 50 is gathering pace and when I last checked nearly 25,000 had signed it - a quarter of the way to that initial target of 100,000 signatures, which would force Parliament to consider holding a debate on the issue.

It's already in the top 50 open petitions after just the first two days. The petitions run for 6 months.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** NEW - Article 50 Petition ACCEPTED - Open for signatures *** (was: CMOMM member proposes urgent post-BREXIT petition to the Prime Minister)

Post by sallypelt on 02.07.16 23:25

In april 2017 the Lisbon treaty will change so that any country that wishes to invoke Article 50 will need the approval of 14 countries

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.07.16 23:33

@sallypelt wrote:In april 2017 the Lisbon treaty will change so that any country that wishes to invoke Article 50 will need the approval of 14 countries
Is this democracy or fascism?

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 02.07.16 23:38

@Tony Bennett wrote:Already there is a RIVAL petition, i.e. one that asks the government NOT to implement Article 50.

The three most popular petitions on the Prime Minister's website in the last hour are these three:

1,220 signatures in the last hour

[*]

465 signatures in the last hour

[*]

282 signatures in the last hour

-------

[*]
The petition to invoke Article 50 is gathering pace and when I last checked nearly 25,000 had signed it - a quarter of the way to that initial target of 100,000 signatures, which would force Parliament to consider holding a debate on the issue.

It's already in the top 50 open petitions after just the first two days. The petitions run for 6 months.

[*]
I concede - you are right about the petition howdy .

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.07.16 23:45

@Verdi wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:In april 2017 the Lisbon treaty will change so that any country that wishes to invoke Article 50 will need the approval of 14 countries
I am lost for words. I can't believe what I am witnessing.

Verdi, in answer to your question, it is most definitely fascism, and we have to fight harder than ever before, to get Article 50 invoked. If the LOSERS of the referendum prevents the UK from leaving the EU, after a DEMOCRATIC election, then the UK is finished.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 02.07.16 23:48

Is this your source - in the comments below it by Rollo10.

http://getbritainout.org/lord-tebbit-britain-must-rescued-eu/

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 02.07.16 23:57

@Richard IV wrote:

Is this your source - in the comments below it by Rollo10.

http://getbritainout.org/lord-tebbit-britain-must-rescued-eu/

My daughter, who is a law student, sent the above info to me, earlier. She's not available now, to ask her what her source is. However, this is a Telegraph article, from 2009, and it can be seen how we have been losing control over our country for many years:

Lisbon Treaty: more of Britain's powers surrendered to Brussels

Britain's power to govern itself is to be surrendered increasingly to Brussels after the European Union’s Lisbon Treaty was finally ratified.

By James Kirkup and Bruno Waterfield
9:30PM GMT 03 Nov 2009

The treaty, which will come into force within a few weeks, will create the first president of Europe, as well as a European foreign minister, and will end Britain’s right to veto new EU rules in more than 40 policy areas.
The treaty's supporters say it will allow the EU to operate more efficiently and give it greater influence in world affairs.
But critics say it will cede too much more of Britain's sovereignty to Brussels.
Vaclav Klaus, the President of the Czech Republic, yesterday signed the Lisbon Treaty, ending eight years of resistance to its attempt to give more power to the EU.
The Czechs are the last of the 27 EU states to sign the treaty, and their move forced the Conservatives to abandon their pledge to hold a British referendum on Lisbon.

William Hague, the shadow foreign secretary, said it was “a bad day for British democracy”.
David Cameron, the Conservative leader, will today set out plans for an alternative Tory pledge to renegotiate several parts of Britain’s EU membership, trying to win back control over social and employment laws.
It is understood that one of Mr Cameron's options will be to guarantee a referendum for British voters under a Tory government if any more national powers were in danger of being ceded to Brussels.
Mr Cameron’s retreat on announcing a referendum on the newly ratified treaty has led to accusations of breaking his promise and betraying the British people.
The Lisbon Treaty is based on the European Constitution, which started at a summit in Brussels in December 2001.
Gordon Brown hailed the Czech signature as “a historic step,” and European leaders said it will create a more powerful EU.
Despite the scale of the changes the treaty makes, the British people have never been directly consulted on the document, which was ratified in a Commons vote and signed by Mr Brown in 2007.
Labour won the 2005 general election having promised a referendum on the European Constitution but then dropped the pledge, arguing that Lisbon was a different document.
The Conservatives gave a “cast-iron” guarantee of a vote on Lisbon.
But after Mr Klaus signed the text, the Tories admitted that they will not offer voters a say on Lisbon.
Mr Hague said that once ratified, the treaty will cease to exist as a distinct legal document, meaning no vote can be held on it.
He said: “Now that the treaty has become European law and is going to enter into force, that means that a referendum can no longer prevent the creation of the president of the European council, the loss of British national vetoes, these things will already have happened, and a referendum cannot unwind them or prevent them.”
Daniel Hannan, a Tory MEP and leading Euro-sceptic said the signing was a step towards a European super-state. “The boot continues to stamp on the human face,” he said.
Mr Hague last night attempted to blame Labour for the treaty’s passage. He said: “People have never been consulted or voted in a general election for this.
"The British people have never even voted once, and we will not let people forget whose responsibility that is.”
Mr Brown insisted that the signing of the treaty was something to celebrate.
He said: “Today is a day when Europe looks forward, when it sets aside years of debate on its institutions, and moves to take strong and collective action on the issues that matter most to European citizens: security, climate change, jobs and growth.”
Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor, said that the treaty means “The EU will become stronger and more capable of acting.”
One of the most visible changes the treaty makes is the creation of a new permanent president for the EU, who will chair European summits and set the union’s agenda.
EU leaders will now meet at a special summit later this month to pick a president. Mr Brown has been backing Tony Blair’s bid for the job, but EU leaders have turned against the former premier.
Instead of a high-profile president, European leaders are now leaning towards a low-key “chairman” for the job. Herman Van Rompuy of Belgian and Jan Peter Balkenende are the current favourites.
The treaty will give the EU many of the trappings of a nation-state, including its own foreign minister – officially titled the high representative for foreign affairs – and an “External Action Service,” effectively a European diplomatic corps.
David Miliband, the foreign secretary, is leading candidate for the EU foreign policy job.
Jose Manuel Barroso, the president of the European Commission, said that the signing of the treaty would allow the EU to start acting as a global player. “The new external profile for the European Union will be felt immediately," he said.
Joseph Daul, a French MEP close to Nicolas Sarkozy, the French President, said the decision meant more collective EU action.
“Europe can now move forward,” he said. “The Treaty will allow effective European action in areas where solutions are urgent, such as the financial and economic crisis, climate change and energy”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/6496336/Lisbon-Treaty-more-of-Britains-powers-surrendered-to-Brussels.html

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 03.07.16 0:03

Read the above article from the Telegraph carefully and thoroughly. If Article 50 is NOT triggered soon, there is NOTHING we can do, and this country will disappear without trace.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.07.16 0:05

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 03.07.16 0:07

Read the broken promises from the 2009 Telegraph article, and you may find the answer/s there!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 03.07.16 0:12

Seems Hague was against the wording of the Lisbon Treaty back then and how unfair it was; however he was a Remainer this time round. Makes one wonder who`s pulling his strings.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 03.07.16 0:12

One of the most visible changes the treaty makes is the creation of a new permanent president for the EU, who will chair European summits and set the union’s agenda.
EU leaders will now meet at a special summit later this month to pick a president. Mr Brown has been backing Tony Blair’s bid for the job, but EU leaders have turned against the former premier.

Is there any wonder why these people are seething because the British people voted OUT???

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 03.07.16 0:16

@Richard IV wrote:Seems Hague was against the wording of the Lisbon Treaty back then and how unfair it was; however he was a Remainer this time round. Makes one wonder who`s pulling his strings.
Richard, read my last post. Look how they are creating jobs for themselves. Tony Blair trying (but failing) to become permanent president, backed by Gordon Brown. 

I have  been saying it for a long time, and I will continue to say it; The EU is a retirement home for politicians, who will have unlimited power and unlimited perks and salaries, PAID FOR by the TAXPAYERS

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 03.07.16 0:23

@sallypelt wrote:
@Richard IV wrote:Seems Hague was against the wording of the Lisbon Treaty back then and how unfair it was; however he was a Remainer this time round. Makes one wonder who`s pulling his strings.
Richard, read my last post. Look how they are creating jobs for themselves. Tony Blair trying (but failing) to become permanent president, backed by Gordon Brown. 

I have  been saying it for a long time, and I will continue to say it; The EU is a retirement home for politicians, who will have unlimited power and unlimited perks and salaries, PAID FOR by the TAXPAYERS
Don`t worry - I`m reading it all.  Verdi`s link to The Slog is good as well.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.07.16 0:28

@sallypelt wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

Verdi, in answer to your question, it is most definitely fascism, and we have to fight harder than ever before, to get Article 50 invoked. If the LOSERS of the referendum prevents the UK from leaving the EU, after a DEMOCRATIC election, then the UK is finished.
Sad to say it's beginning to look that way.  Even the politicians don't appear to be totally committed or even strong enough to stand alone in the fight for true democracy - no surprises there!

Democracy is but a word brandished about to appease the people - in reality it has no true meaning Sad

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 03.07.16 0:30

@Verdi wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

Sad to say it's beginning to look that way.  Even the politicians don't appear to be totally committed or even strong enough to stand alone in the fight for true democracy - no surprises there!

Democracy is but a word brandished about to appease the people - in reality it has no true meaning Sad
If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.” 

Mark Twain................a man ahead of his time!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.07.16 0:35

@sallypelt wrote:

Tony Blair is a warmonger and hypocrite pure and simple - the sooner he's exposed and removed from circulation the better.  They are all parasites and the tax payer is their blood supply.

I loathe politics!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.07.16 0:36

@sallypelt wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.” 

Mark Twain................a man ahead of his time!
AMEN!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 03.07.16 1:08

@Verdi wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:

Tony Blair is a warmonger and hypocrite pure and simple - the sooner he's exposed and removed from circulation the better.  They are all parasites and the tax payer is their blood supply.

I loathe politics!
Let's hope Corbyn can hang on til Wednesday.

I believe this is the reason it was so urgent to get him out as it was reported that he is not going to hold back on his views about Blair re. the Chilcot Report.

MPs concerned about the voters - PULL THE OTHER ONE.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 03.07.16 2:03

@plebgate wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:

I loathe politics!
Let's hope Corbyn can hang on til Wednesday.

I believe this is the reason it was so urgent to get him out as it was reported that he is not going to hold back on his views about Blair re. the Chilcot Report.

MPs concerned about the voters - PULL THE OTHER ONE.
A week is a long time in politics plebgate.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.07.16 9:00

Top three petition in the last one hour:

------------------- 

1,153 signatures in the last hour

[*]

[*]

249 signatures in the last hour

[*]

[*]

232 signatures in the last hour

The petition to invoke Article 50 has been the most popular, every hour, ever since it was launched.

It now has 29,000 signatures, and is at 40th position.

The petition for a second referendum has more or less stalled at 4.1 million.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 03.07.16 10:13

I will be leaving soon, for a few days away, but I couldn't go before posting this article:

Poland warns Brussels it will DESTROY the EU if it tries to punish Britain for leaving

POLAND has warned "hysterical" Brussels bigwigs they will sign the death warrant for their own project if they continue to roll out anti-British rhetoric.

Link to full article: http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/685671/EU-referendum-Poland-Angela-Merkel-punishing-Britain-destroy-Brussels-Jaroslaw-Kaczynski

Play nice when I am gone. And as the saying goes "A week is a long time in politics" grouphug

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

John Kerry, US Secretary of State, says that BREXIT could be 'reversed' or 'walked back'

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.07.16 11:38

Now ANOTHER anti-Brexit petition has ben started.

It started yesterday and has 2,000+ signatures already.

This one is to say that Parliament, not the people, should decide whether or not we stay in the EU.

All these people seem to have conveniently forgotten that the very definition of a referendum is that a DECISION has been left for the PEOPLE to decide:

NEW PETITION:

Let Parliament decide whether or not we remain a member of the European Union

The people of the United Kingdom just voted to leave the European Union.

However, the referendum is not binding and Parliament remains supreme. As a representative democracy, this petition proposes that we hand the question over to those qualified, and paid by taxpayers, to answer it.

More details

The European Union is a complex institution. As such, politicians and the media have been unable to present clear, factual and un-biased information to the general public on either side of the referendum debate. The outcome, therefore, has been largely the product of misinformation and the referendum should not be the basis on which we, as a country, make such a monumental decision.

Sign this petition
2,346 signatures

++++++++++++++

ETA:   US Secretary of State John Kerry...

..has said that BREXIT can and should be reversed - see this short article by Stephen Green of Christian Voice:

Brexit ‘Could be reversed’ – Kerry

Categories: European Union, Kings of the Earth

by Stephen

US Secretary of State John Kerry expressing the will of the world’s elite as usual.

The United State’s top foreign policy official has said the British vote to leave the European Union could be ‘reversed’.  Clearly, the United Kingdom’s dramatic #Brexit vote has upset the kings of the earth and Kerry has let the cat out the bag that they intend to prevent it.

Speaking at the Aspen Institute, a leading think-tank of the world’s elite, Secretary of State John Kerry spoke seriously of how Brexit could be ‘reversed’ or ‘walked back’.

He was not going to go into details.  Kerry said: ‘I think there are a number of ways. I don’t, as secretary of state, want to throw them out (into the public domain) today.  I think that would be a mistake.  But there are a number of ways that his could happen...

[SNIPPED]

FWIW Jeremy Clarkson has said in the Sunday Times today that BREXIT should be reversed by a second referendum

ETA 2:  Article 50 petition now has 32,400 signatures

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 03.07.16 12:25

I would like to call upon the The Electoral Commission to inform the Government of the UK that having a second Referendum with same or similar wording as the first Referendum with a view to reversing the outcome should not be permitted in a time frame of at least one year.

David Cameron, the Prime Minister of the day accepted the outcome and said he would stand by the decision.

Anyone who can't accept the result is to be seen as a person who doesn't believe in democracy.

whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How the Green Party is reacting to Britain's democratic decision to leave the European Union

Post by Tony Bennett on 03.07.16 20:37

Many months ago, after I went to a local Green Party meeting on man-made climate change (where I kept my views on that issue very quiet), I managed to sneak on to the  mailing list of the Green Party Leader, Caroline Lucas, MP for Brighton Pavilion.

I received this missive today from her. This is how the Green Party are reacting to the democratic decision of the British people in a referendum where 33.5 million people voted:

-----------------
Dear  

A week ago we woke up in a different Britain. For those of us who believe Britain's future lies in our EU membership, it was a devastating shock, and for everyone who believes in a multicultural society the last week has been deeply alarming.

I’m really worried about our country.

Not only are we now on course for serious economic turmoil but our politics is broken too. The Conservative party has repeatedly failed us – leaving a country divided and many people struggling to get by. Labour is imploding – with a revolt by some MPs crippling the leadership and leaving them utterly unable to hold the Government to account while they engage in a civil war.

It will be a long time before the dust settles. In the coming months it falls upon us, the Green Party, to put forward a positive vision of what a post-referendum Britain could look like.

That’s why today I’m publishing my six point emergency response plan. It sets out how we should respond to the referendum – and how we can best protect our country against the potential damage caused by Brexit.

Our plan is below. It’s only a start, of course, and in the coming weeks and months we want you to be part of this discussion.

1 We demand a General Election in the Autumn so people can choose the Government they want to represent them in the negotiations to come: the current Government has no mandate for negotiations.  

2 We demand a Parliamentary vote on any ‘terms of exit’ BEFORE invoking Article 50. This stops a small cabal at the top of Government having total control over this country’s future place in the world.  

3 We demand the protection of free movement within the EU, strong environmental protections, workers rights and the Single Market.  We're working with a range of environment NGOs and other experts to identify ways to best protect vital Green legislation 

4 We demand a second referendum on the terms of a final deal. Britain decided to leave the EU, but nobody knew what kind of Brexit was on the ballot paper. It’s only right that we’re all given a say. 

5 We demand  an emergency law which guarantees the rights of non-British nationals already living here in Britain. No one who has come here to make a life for themselves should feel threatened by Brexit.

6 We demand the protection of young people’s future. 75% of young people voted to remain. It’s only right that the Government should now guarantee continued funding for Erasmus, student exchanges and EU funded schemes targeted at young people. 

This six point plan is only the beginning. In the coming weeks we’ll be redoubling our campaigning on the issues close to our hearts. For starters that means that we will be standing up to racism and xenophobia wherever it occurs. We have a proud history of fighting bigotry and our elected politicians across the country will be focussing on this over the coming days.

When others are divided we will unite to oppose Trident renewal, hold Ministers to account as the Chilcot Inquiry is published and bring legislation to Parliament which will distribute the benefits of migration to all communities in Britain.

We’re ambitious for the next few months. In a time of crisis we will stand up for people, and for our environment. It’s no wonder that new members are joining the party at a rate of almost one per minute. 

But to really make an impact we need your help. Please join us now!

Caroline Lucas M.P.

=================

ETA (9.20pm):   Just checked - and the almighty battle on the Prime Minister's website is raging ever more fiercely, with the Remain side dreaming up new petitions to try and overwhelm the 'Inovke Article 50 Now' petition which is continuing to go well - 41,500-plus signatures in less than 3 days.

This was the latest range of signatures in the last hour when I checked:

Most popular petitions

Invoke Article 50 of The Lisbon Treaty immediately.  (the BREXIT petition)

1,070 signatures in the last hour

EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum  (one of the Remain petitions)

549 signatures in the last hour

Let Parliament decide whether or not we remain a member of the European Union (another of the Remain petitions)

361 signatures in the last hour

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum