The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

*** NEW - Article 50 Petition ACCEPTED - Open for signatures *** (was: CMOMM member proposes urgent post-BREXIT petition to the Prime Minister)

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: *** NEW - Article 50 Petition ACCEPTED - Open for signatures *** (was: CMOMM member proposes urgent post-BREXIT petition to the Prime Minister)

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 11.07.16 11:53

Theresa May has won.

Andrea Leadsom is going to make a statement at 12.15 saying she is withdrawing from the Leadership contest.

Correction: They're now saying "Might be withdrawing"

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: *** NEW - Article 50 Petition ACCEPTED - Open for signatures *** (was: CMOMM member proposes urgent post-BREXIT petition to the Prime Minister)

Post by hentie on 11.07.16 12:28

After the shenanigans of Gove causing the loss of Boris. Theresa May's speech gave me back some confidence that things will be ok for Brexit and the country.
She has stressed she will honour Brexit too many times now, it's in print, on record. 
She won't go back on it, can't go back on it....can she?
I think she'll be ok big grinMrs

hentie
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 11.07.16 12:30

Andrea Leadsom quits Conservative leadership race

13 minute ago

Andrea Leadsom has pulled out of the two-way contest to become the next Conservative Party leader and UK prime minister.

A source close to the energy minister said "the abuse has been too great".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-36763208

Clearly NOT PM material.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 11.07.16 12:47

@hentie wrote:After the shenanigans of Gove causing the loss of Boris. Theresa May's speech gave me back some confidence that things will be ok for Brexit and the country.
She has stressed she will honour Brexit too many times now, it's in print, on record. 
She won't go back on it, can't go back on it....can she?
I think she'll be ok big grinMrs
I think so too, hentie thumbup

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 11.07.16 13:14

Very disappointed.

She has been useless as Home Secretary imo.

Andrea has been bullied for sure and with her being a mother I can't blame her really it would all be too much for family life.

Easy to say now that Brexit means Brexit and I wont believe it until it happens.

Why the secret meeting with Branson and why did Murdoch support her?

More to this than meets the eye. 

I didn't like Thatcher and I believe she sees herself as the Second Mrs. T.   Gawd help us is all I can say.

AGGGHHH

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 11.07.16 13:18

I think Mrs. May was heavily controlled as Home Sec. and if she is as controlled the same as PM then nothing is going to get moving.

whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 11.07.16 13:25

I think you are right GEG.  Don't trust her at all.   Waiting to see what Katie Hopkins has to say.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 14.07.16 6:58

This is the official government response to the petition calling for the 1972 European Communities Act to be repealed immediately. The government says that the only way out is to trigger Article 50:

Dear Anthony Bennett,

The Government has responded to the petition you signed – “Repeal the 1972 European Communities Act immediately on EU Referendum OUT vote.”.

Government responded:

The rules for exit are set out in Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. As the Prime Minister said on 27 June, this is the only legal way that has been set out to leave the EU.

The rules for exit are set out in Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union. The Government set out the process for Article 50 in the policy paper, ‘The process for withdrawing from the European Union’, published on 29 February 2016. Paragraph 3.2 in the paper states that:

The UK’s membership of the EU is established by the EU Treaties, and Article 50 is the process set out in the Treaties for Member States to follow when leaving. It is the only lawful way to withdraw from the EU. It would be a breach of international and EU law to withdraw unilaterally from the EU (for example, by simply repealing the domestic legislation that gives the EU law effect in the UK). Such a breach would create a hostile environment in which to negotiate either a new relationship with the remaining EU Member States, or new trade agreements with non-EU countries.

The House of Lords EU Committee report on ‘The process of withdrawing from the European Union’ of 4 May has also said that “If a Member State decides to withdraw from the EU, the process described in Article 50 is the only way of doing so consistent with EU and international law.”

The Prime Minister said on 27 June in his statement to the House of Commons on the referendum that “the only legal way that has been set out to leave the EU is by triggering Article 50”.

The Prime Minister has been clear that the decision to trigger Article 50 and start the formal and legal process of leaving the EU will be for the next British Prime Minister and the next Cabinet.

Foreign and Commonwealth Office

-------- 

Meanwhile, the petition to invoke Article 50 has gained 96,500 signatures in its first 15 days - so just 3,500 more needed to reach 100,000 and force Parliament to consider the petition for debate. And after today, there are still 168 more days in which to sign it, so maybe we could get near to, or even top, one million signatures: 

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133618

--------

Finally, I did like this petition, which I signed immediately I saw it. It was one of yesterday's most popular petitions:

All European Union flags, emblems and logos be removed from all public buildings

In the EU referendum of 23rd June 2016 the UK voted, by majority, to 'Leave the European Union', as such we request that all European Union flags, emblems and logos be removed from all public buildings in the UK.

You can sign it here:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/142279

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 14.07.16 11:26

Once we comply and got to article 50. then we can go ahead and removesuch as we like ,but why cant we all just realize ,others would have to comply

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 on 14.07.16 11:28

For what ever reason ,only part of my post allowed ? joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 14.07.16 12:23

AND SO IT "STARTS"

'Referendum,  version 2.0.0"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36792176

Labour leadership: Smith 'wants referendum on EU deal'

59 minutes ago

Labour leadership contender Owen Smith wants a second public vote to approve any Brexit deal the UK strikes with the EU, according to a newspaper.
---------------------------------------------------
"we didn't 'win' the referendum, so we'll keep going, 'stamping our feet, throwing our toys out of the pram', ad infinitum, until the 'people' vote....... 'correctly'!"

'If voting made ANY difference they wouldn't let us do it.'

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 14.07.16 12:24

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Finally, I did like this petition, which I signed immediately I saw it. It was one of yesterday's most popular petitions:

All European Union flags, emblems and logos be removed from all public buildings

In the EU referendum of 23rd June 2016 the UK voted, by majority, to 'Leave the European Union', as such we request that all European Union flags, emblems and logos be removed from all public buildings in the UK.

You can sign it here:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/142279
I'll go along with that thumbup !

The EU symbol in it's various guises, is but symbolic frippery and serves no purpose other than trying to compete with our very own historic national emblem.  The idea is not even original - they pinched it from the US of A's 'stars and stripes'.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 14.07.16 12:30

@jeanmonroe wrote:AND SO IT "STARTS"

'Referendum,  version 2.0.0"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36792176

Labour leadership: Smith 'wants referendum on EU deal'

59 minutes ago

Labour leadership contender Owen Smith wants a second public vote to approve any Brexit deal the UK strikes with the EU, according to a newspaper.
---------------------------------------------------
"we didn't 'win' the referendum, so we'll keep going, 'stamping our feet, throwing our toys out of the pram', ad infinitum, until the 'people' vote....... 'correctly'!"

'If voting made ANY difference they wouldn't let us do it.'
See, what did I say - total shambles!  To think these people control our lives - would you hire any one of them to unblock your drains?  I wouldn't.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 15.07.16 13:25

David Davis: Trigger Brexit by start of 2017

The new minister in charge of Brexit says the UK should be able to formally trigger its departure from the EU "before or by the start of next year".
David Davis called for a "brisk but measured" approach, with a likely exit from the EU around December 2018.
He said the "first order of business" should be to strike trade deals with non EU countries.
Meanwhile his predecessor, Oliver Letwin, warned the UK had no trade negotiators to lead its exit talks.
Mr Davis, a longstanding campaigner for Brexit, was appointed as secretary of state for leaving the EU by new prime minister Theresa May.

Mrs May has previously said she will not trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, which starts a two-year process of leaving, before the end of 2016.

'Ideal outcome'

In a Sun article, Mr Davis repeated comments made just before his appointment about how the UK should approach its departure from the EU.
Key to the negotiations will be access to the European single market, which EU leaders have said is conditional on accepting the free movement of people.
Mr Davis said the "ideal outcome" would be "continued tariff-free access" to the EU single market, adding: "Once the European nations realise we will not budge on control of our borders, they will want to talk, in their own interests.
"But what if they are irrational, as so many Remain-supporting commentators asserted they would be in the run-up to the referendum?
"This is one of the reasons for taking a little time before triggering Article 50. The negotiating strategy has to be properly designed, with serious consultation."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-uk-leaves-the-eu-36802756

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 15.07.16 21:35

The petition now has 99,808 signatures, only another 192 required for it to be considered for debate in parliament.

Does the response from the government and the consideration for debate start on reaching the required number of signatures or do we have to wait until the petition ends?

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 15.07.16 22:17

" />

sharonl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.07.16 22:28

@sharonl wrote:The petition now has 99,808 signatures, only another 192 required for it to be considered for debate in parliament.

Does the response from the government and the consideration for debate start on reaching the required number of signatures or do we have to wait until the petition ends?
Parliament usually considers any petition that reaches 100,000 signatures within days of reaching that number.

The target of 100,000 was reached within just 16 days - there are still 167 days left to get the total up to a much higher total.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 15.07.16 22:37

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@sharonl wrote:The petition now has 99,808 signatures, only another 192 required for it to be considered for debate in parliament.

Parliament usually considers any petition that reaches 100,000 signatures within days of reaching that number.

The target of 100,000 was reached within just 16 days - there are still 167 days left to get the total up to a much higher total.

Looks like we will get a date for the debate tomorrow.

sharonl

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 15.07.16 23:08

I can't help but think that more recent events have overtaken any possible advantage anticipated by this petition.

Brexiteer David Davis has already said that he anticipates departure being triggered by the end of this year or the beginning of 2017.  Theresa May's meet today with Nicola Sturgeon doesn't inspire confidence in any speedy resolution to Scotland's position.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 20.07.16 23:59

Oops - seem to have killed this thread dead!

[Deleted - language - Mod]

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.07.16 0:20

@roy rovers wrote:What vision! The bullet that was aimed at the foot appears to have entered the head.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/18/uk-economy-must-endure-short-sharp-shock-after-brexit-vote

So far, post-BREXIT...

1. Stock market UP - and UP even more

2. 10% fall in the value of the £, which is now steady - great for our exports

3. Unemployment rate DOWN this month to 4.9%  - record numbers in employment - activity strong in June, no pre=BREXIT fears

4. Japanese investment in ARM (make microchips) - 2,000 new jobs to be created in GB, shares up 40% so shareholders will do well 

5. Canada, Australia, New Zealand and many other countries queuing up to do trade deals with us

6. British Medical Association, N.H.S., hospitals etc. able once again to refuse doctors & nurses who can't speak English properly...

...what's not to like?

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum