The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

*** NEW - Article 50 Petition ACCEPTED - Open for signatures *** (was: CMOMM member proposes urgent post-BREXIT petition to the Prime Minister)

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ALERT!!! ALERT!!! Even more skukduggery from Remain MPs who won't accept the referendum decision

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.07.16 18:21

ALERT!!

It looks as though certain powers-that-be are now coalescing around a specific plan to undermine the BREXIT vote.

If I have read this report in today's Indepedent aright, the game plan is this.

Sit tight for a bit. Keep emphasising how many people wished they'd voted 'Remain'. Maybe (I think hey are evil enough) interfere with the economy and the markets so as to make us go through a lot of financial turbulence so they can say: 'We told you so'. Then call for a second referendum knowing that the people will vote 'Remain' the second time around.

This would of course be a blatant denial of democracy and a violation of the people's right to decide. Especially aftet they warned us that this was 'A once in a lifetime/generation' chance to vote on our membership of the E.U. and we wouldn't get another vote for '50 years'.

Note that they are skillfully promoting the lie that so many 'Leave' voters regretted voting 'Leave', forgetting the very same opinion polls that show that there are more 'Remain' voters who wished they had voted 'Leave'.

Here is the article, see what you think (by the way, I think the letter mentioned in the article was deliberately created for this story):

====================================      

Second EU referendum would be possible, former attorney general says
Research suggests as many as 1.2 million Leave voters now regret their vote

[PIC]  Dominic Grieve said it was possible ‘public opinion had shifted on the matter’ 

A second EU referendum could be justified if it becomes clear public opinion has shifted strongly against Brexit, the former attorney general has said.

Dominic Grieve, a Conservative MP who was the Government’s chief legal advisor until 2014, said the result of the first referendum had to be “treated with respect” but that it was not necessarily set in stone.

In correspondence seen and verified by The Independent Mr Grieve tells a constituent that the result of the first referendum cannot be ignored, but that a second plebiscite could become democratically justifiable.

“We have to accept … that the referendum result represents, at the time it was held, a clear statement of a majority view that we should leave the EU,” he wrote. “In a democracy such a result cannot just be ignored. The Government and Parliament must treat it with respect. It is of course possible that it will become apparent with the passage of time that public opinion has shifted on the matter. If so a second referendum may be justified.”

Mr Grieve also rebuffed suggestions that supporters of the EU should not speak out against the result – arguing that in a free society people should be able to dispute the majority view. He said he remained supportive of people campaigning against Brexit, having been “deeply troubled” by the outcome of the vote.

[PIC: Brexit protest: Tens of thousands march against Leave vote in London]

“I have no doubt that the petition in which you are participating and other forms of campaigning which are now taking place may contribute to further debate in a positive way and I would encourage you not to give up!” he wrote.

[Note from TB: This is the petition calling for a second referendum which now has 4.11 million signatures]

“There is in a free society no requirement on us to change our opinions just because a current majority disagrees with them. Mine remain the same and I will continue to argue for what I believe to be right and in our best interests.”

Mr Grieve confirmed to The Independent that the correspondence was genuine.

James O'Brien questions who is now accountable for Brexit. The remarks by the MP come after research suggesting 1.2 million Leave voters regret their vote. The survey by Opinium, which accurately predicted the EU referendum result, found that up to 7 per cent of the people who voted for Brexit now regretted it. That polling was conducted after widespread anecdotal social media reports of people saying they only voted to leave the EU as a protest – and now regretted doing so.

Last week Labour MP Geraint Davies tabled an Early Day Motion suggesting that a referendum should be held on whether or not any negotiated Brexit package went ahead. Mr Grieve has not signed the motion.

The European Union referendum was held on 23 June, with 52 per cent of people voting to Leave and 48 per cent voting to remain. The referendum question was structured in such a way, however, that the settlement Britain would obtain outside the EU was not known. Politicians and campaigners are now at odds as to whether Britain will retain freedom of movement with the continent, and whether it will continue to have access to the single market.

There is also disagreement over how quickly so-called Article 50 provisions should be invoked, starting the formal Brexit process.

Labour and UKIP have said that the 2015 General Election manifestos did not include any plans on how to leave the European Union and that a General Election would give a new government a mandate for Brexit. The front-running candidates for the Conservative general election have suggested they do not want an immediate general election.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** NEW - Article 50 Petition ACCEPTED - Open for signatures *** (was: CMOMM member proposes urgent post-BREXIT petition to the Prime Minister)

Post by Roxyroo on 05.07.16 18:30

@Tony Bennett wrote:ALERT!!

It looks as though certain powers-that-be are now coalescing around a specific plan to undermine the BREXIT vote.

If I have read this report in today's Indepedent aright, the game plan is this.

Sit tight for a bit. Keep emphasising how many people wished they'd voted 'Remain'. Maybe (I think hey are evil enough) interfere with the economy and the markets so as to make us go through a lot of financial turbulence so they can say: 'We told you so'. Then call for a second referendum knowing that the people will vote 'Remain' the second time around.

This would of course be a blatant denial of democracy and a violation of the people's right to decide. Especially aftet they warned us that this was 'A once in a lifetime/generation' chance to vote on our membership of the E.U. and we wouldn't get another vote for '50 years'.

Note that they are skillfully promoting the lie that so many 'Leave' voters regretted voting 'Leave', forgetting the very same opinion polls that show that there are more 'Remain' voters who wished they had voted 'Leave'.

Here is the article, see what you think (by the way, I think the letter mentioned in the article was deliberately created for this story):

====================================      

Second EU referendum would be possible, former attorney general says
Research suggests as many as 1.2 million Leave voters now regret their vote

[PIC]  Dominic Grieve said it was possible ‘public opinion had shifted on the matter’ 

A second EU referendum could be justified if it becomes clear public opinion has shifted strongly against Brexit, the former attorney general has said.

Dominic Grieve, a Conservative MP who was the Government’s chief legal advisor until 2014, said the result of the first referendum had to be “treated with respect” but that it was not necessarily set in stone.

In correspondence seen and verified by The Independent Mr Grieve tells a constituent that the result of the first referendum cannot be ignored, but that a second plebiscite could become democratically justifiable.

“We have to accept … that the referendum result represents, at the time it was held, a clear statement of a majority view that we should leave the EU,” he wrote. “In a democracy such a result cannot just be ignored. The Government and Parliament must treat it with respect. It is of course possible that it will become apparent with the passage of time that public opinion has shifted on the matter. If so a second referendum may be justified.”

Mr Grieve also rebuffed suggestions that supporters of the EU should not speak out against the result – arguing that in a free society people should be able to dispute the majority view. He said he remained supportive of people campaigning against Brexit, having been “deeply troubled” by the outcome of the vote.

[PIC: Brexit protest: Tens of thousands march against Leave vote in London]

“I have no doubt that the petition in which you are participating and other forms of campaigning which are now taking place may contribute to further debate in a positive way and I would encourage you not to give up!” he wrote.

[Note from TB: This is the petition calling for a second referendum which now has 4.11 million signatures]

“There is in a free society no requirement on us to change our opinions just because a current majority disagrees with them. Mine remain the same and I will continue to argue for what I believe to be right and in our best interests.”

Mr Grieve confirmed to The Independent that the correspondence was genuine.

James O'Brien questions who is now accountable for Brexit. The remarks by the MP come after research suggesting 1.2 million Leave voters regret their vote. The survey by Opinium, which accurately predicted the EU referendum result, found that up to 7 per cent of the people who voted for Brexit now regretted it. That polling was conducted after widespread anecdotal social media reports of people saying they only voted to leave the EU as a protest – and now regretted doing so.

Last week Labour MP Geraint Davies tabled an Early Day Motion suggesting that a referendum should be held on whether or not any negotiated Brexit package went ahead. Mr Grieve has not signed the motion.

The European Union referendum was held on 23 June, with 52 per cent of people voting to Leave and 48 per cent voting to remain. The referendum question was structured in such a way, however, that the settlement Britain would obtain outside the EU was not known. Politicians and campaigners are now at odds as to whether Britain will retain freedom of movement with the continent, and whether it will continue to have access to the single market.

There is also disagreement over how quickly so-called Article 50 provisions should be invoked, starting the formal Brexit process.

Labour and UKIP have said that the 2015 General Election manifestos did not include any plans on how to leave the European Union and that a General Election would give a new government a mandate for Brexit. The front-running candidates for the Conservative general election have suggested they do not want an immediate general election.
They MUST surely realise there.ll be civil war if they try to get away with this! And I.m not being facetious

Roxyroo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** NEW - Article 50 Petition ACCEPTED - Open for signatures *** (was: CMOMM member proposes urgent post-BREXIT petition to the Prime Minister)

Post by MayMuse on 05.07.16 19:25

I think you could be correct in your assumption, and think the same way. 
Is this why DC stood down as he promised to "trigger" the next day, (another lie) so it falls on someone else and provides "delay" tactics?  
It leaves a very bad taste!

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 05.07.16 19:49

Nigel Farage has quit UKIP.

Everyone's quitting Brexit, including Nigel who will make an absolute mint in public speaking appointments.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 05.07.16 20:49

I don't know if this has already been posted, as I've just returned home, and lots to catch up with, on the Forum.

Branson And May Meet As Tycoon Demands New Poll

The Virgin tycoon Sir Richard Branson has held secret talks with Theresa May in an effort to boost his plea for a second referendum on the UK's membership of the European Union (EU).

http://news.sky.com/story/1721938/branson-and-may-meet-as-tycoon-demands-new-poll

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rose1234 on 05.07.16 21:50

What on earth has this got to do with the mystery of Madeleine Mccann?

rose1234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 05.07.16 21:51

@sallypelt wrote:I don't know if this has already been posted, as I've just returned home, and lots to catch up with, on the Forum.

The Virgin tycoon Sir Richard Branson has held secret talks with Theresa May in an effort to boost his plea for a second referendum on the UK's membership of the European Union (EU).

http://news.sky.com/story/1721938/branson-and-may-meet-as-tycoon-demands-new-poll
Just who does he think he is? 
So maddened by it all, and by those who want their own way! 
I hope TM reminds him of what she said about BREXIT, and no 2nd referendum! 
Big baby Branson 
IMO

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 05.07.16 21:54

@rose1234 wrote:What on earth has this got to do with the mystery of Madeleine Mccann?
Please see the title of the thread, the comments are following this discussion as it is important for the UK. 
There are other threads which discuss the McCann case.

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 22:42

@sallypelt wrote:I don't know if this has already been posted, as I've just returned home, and lots to catch up with, on the Forum.

Branson is normally good at writing letters (to newspapers).   I wonder if he  put his concerns in a letter to May before the meeting?   Why the need for a secret meeting?

Last I heard he went off to live on his private island.   He could always get back there and let others worry about Brexit.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 22:56

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 23:01

Why can't they just tell them to get lost we are out NOW?

It is absolutely ridiculous.   Wasn't Oliver Letwin the MP who filed his constituents letters in a bin in a park?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15301859

Fills me with confidence  NOT.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 05.07.16 23:16

@rose1234 wrote:What on earth has this got to do with the mystery of Madeleine McCann?
This is in the POLITICS section of the forum, not the Madeleine McCann sections (which make up 90% of the board). Don't look at it if you are only interested in Madeleine McCann.

The forum owner provides sections where people can discuss news and political items, other crime stories and leisure interests. 

However, ANYTHING concerning Richard Branson IS of interest to those of us who have been following the Madeleine McCann case for 9 years, for a number of reasons:
1. His very early support of the McCanns
2. His hosting of the marking of the 1,000th day after Madeleine's disappearance at his Rooftop Restaurant in Kensington (27 Jan 2010)
3. His links to Missing Persons organisations, with whom Kate McCann is also interested 
4. His links to high-flying people who have been involved in the Madeleine McCann case - most obviously people like the Blairs, Gordon Brown and David Cameron - and now Theresa May

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 05.07.16 23:19

@Tony, that's a good point about Branson and his links now with Theresa May.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 05.07.16 23:41

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@rose1234 wrote:What on earth has this got to do with the mystery of Madeleine McCann?
This is in the POLITICS section of the forum, not the Madeleine McCann sections (which make up 90% of the board). Don't look at it if you are only interested in Madeleine McCann.

The forum owner provides sections where people can discuss news and political items, other crime stories and leisure interests. 

However, ANYTHING concerning Richard Branson IS of interest to those of us who have been following the Madeleine McCann case for 9 years, for a number of reasons:
1. His very early support of the McCanns
2. His hosting of the marking of the 1,000th day after Madeleine's disappearance at his Rooftop Restaurant in Kensington (27 Jan 2010)
3. His links to Missing Persons organisations, with whom Kate McCann is also interested 
4. His links to high-flying people who have been involved in the Madeleine McCann case - most obviously people like the Blairs, Gordon Brown and David Cameron - and now Theresa May

Not to mention the founder of that charity PACT - Bransons' mother, Eve Branson

Theresa May has been in secret meetings with Branson.  Its seems that these business tycoons don't want to us to leave the E.U.  Well, of course they don't, they have too much to lose.  They are also in a position to make loans to political parties to keep people in power.  It doesn't seem to matter what the public want.  I just hope that Theresa May sticks by her word and gives us what we, as a nation, have asked for.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 06.07.16 0:16

@MayMuse wrote:
@rose1234 wrote:What on earth has this got to do with the mystery of Madeleine Mccann?
Please see the title of the thread, the comments are following this discussion as it is important for the UK. 
There are other threads which discuss the McCann case.
Exactly  thumbsup !

Ignore the interruption.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 06.07.16 7:41

And not forgetting that publicity shot for Missing People featuring Theresa May with Kate  McCann and Coral Jones.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.07.16 14:15

For those who voted #BREXIT, now is the moment, if you've not already done so, to sign this petition and e-mail all your contacts to tell them about it.

It calls for Article 50, Lisbon Treaty, to be invoked NOW:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133618

It has 81,000 signatures so far.

Today, David Cameron has announced that the government will take no notice of the 4 million-plus petition which basically calls for a second referendum. In the same statement, he basically said that the British people have voted 'OUT' and we will be going OUT. Which is very welcome.

But the opponents of our BREXIT vote are continuing their campaign to keep us IN. They are carrying on signing the petition, hoping to reach 5 million.

And their opposition to invoking Article 50 is very clear:

That's why those of us who voted 'LEAVE' need to get behind this petition in a major way.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 09.07.16 22:08

Brexit: Government rejects petition signed by 4 million calling for second EU referendum

A petition signed by 4.1 million people calling for a second Brexit referendum has been formally rejected by the Government.

It called for a re-run in case there was a narrow victory for either Leave or Remain.

Since it was started, the petition it has been the most-signed Government petition since the process was introduced in 2011.

The Foreign Office has now formally rejected it saying that 33 million people have had their say and “the decision must be respected”.

[Ms May's arm twist for premiership?]

Usually when a petition on parliament's website gains 100,000 signatures, the Petitions Committee considers it for a parliamentary debate.

In a statement it said: "The EU Referendum Act received Royal Assent in December 2015. The Act was scrutinised and debated in Parliament during its passage and agreed by both the House of Commons and the House of Lords.

"The Act set out the terms under which the referendum would take place, including provisions for setting the date, franchise and the question that would appear on the ballot paper.

"The Act did not set a threshold for the result or for minimum turnout.

"As the Prime Minister made clear in his statement to the House of Commons on June 27, the referendum was one of the biggest democratic exercises in British history with over 33 million people having their say.

"The Prime Minister and Government have been clear that this was a once in a generation vote and, as the Prime Minister has said, the decision must be respected.

"We must now prepare for the process to exit the EU and the Government is committed to ensuring the best possible outcome for the British people in the negotiations."

Read on...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/09/brexit-government-rejects-petition-for-second-referendum/

That's the good news - the bad news is war on the horizon with Vladimir Putin now being used as a strong lever to deter Brexit.  As if that wouldn't have happened anyway, Putin, like the Blair & Bush warlords, has been waiting patiently (or not as the case may be) in the wings to push the button.

I think the powers that be but shouldn't be are playing us.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 10.07.16 9:29

I still don't understand why Camerun is PM.  

Trying to frighten the British people doesn't work - He should have learned that by now surely?

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 11.07.16 11:34

Theresa May's speech was really good!
 I do hope she wins.  nod

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 11.07.16 11:36

@pennylane wrote:Theresa May's speech was really good!
 I do hope she wins.  nod
It certainly was.

She looks like a Prime Minister and sounds like a Prime Minister. I hope she stands by what she's just said.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 11.07.16 11:38

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@pennylane wrote:Theresa May's speech was really good!
 I do hope she wins.  nod
It certainly was.

She looks like a Prime Minister and sounds like a Prime Minister. I hope she stands by what she's just said.

Me too Jilly!  She is just what we need at this juncture (imo), and she appears to be very keen to roll her sleeves up and make some sound changes in very important areas. Also categorically states no further referendums.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum