The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

David Cameron and Madeleine McCann - The man who was told by Rebekah Brooks to set up the £13 million Operation Grange has announced his resignation

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: David Cameron and Madeleine McCann - The man who was told by Rebekah Brooks to set up the £13 million Operation Grange has announced his resignation

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.06.16 12:30

I'm finding it hard to type, as i'm sitting here, fully 'kitted' out, in my recently bought 'combat gear', my 'tin hat' keeps sliding down and blocking my sight of my keyboard, waiting for World War 3 to 'start' as CameRUN 'TOLD' me, IF i DARE 'voted' to LEAVE!

"They don't like it up 'em"

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: David Cameron and Madeleine McCann - The man who was told by Rebekah Brooks to set up the £13 million Operation Grange has announced his resignation

Post by sar on 24.06.16 12:35

@jeanmonroe wrote:I'm finding it hard to type, as i'm sitting here, fully 'kitted' out, in my recently bought 'combat gear', my 'tin hat' keeps sliding down and blocking my sight of my keyboard, waiting for World War 3 to 'start' as CameRUN 'TOLD' me, IF i DARE 'voted' to LEAVE!

heartfelt thanks jeanmonroe where the devil would we be without you??

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.06.16 12:42

@sar wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:I'm finding it hard to type, as i'm sitting here, fully 'kitted' out, in my recently bought 'combat gear', my 'tin hat' keeps sliding down and blocking my sight of my keyboard, waiting for World War 3 to 'start' as CameRUN 'TOLD' me, IF i DARE 'voted' to LEAVE!

STILL IN the EU?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 24.06.16 12:44

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@sar wrote:

STILL IN the EU?
Quite possibly!!!

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Camrocracy in action

Post by willowthewisp on 24.06.16 12:48

@Tony Bennett wrote:As dozens of normally rock solid Labour seats vote 'BREXIT' en masse, some Labour MP's are already calling for Corbyn's blood after his 'pathetic' campaign in support of 'Remain':

https://www.rt.com/uk/348175-corbyn-cabinet-brexit-resign/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36621777

Two Labour MPs have submitted a motion of no confidence in Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

Margaret Hodge and Ann Coffey confirmed the move in a letter to the chairman of the Parliamentary Labour Party.

The motion has no formal constitutional force but calls for a discussion at their next PLP meeting on Monday.

It will be up to the PLP chairman to decide whether it is debated. If accepted it would be followed by a secret ballot of Labour MPs on Tuesday.
Margaret Hodge, wasn't she involved with Islington Social services, then promoted to an elite position by teflon Tony Blair,it was a pity she never "Investigated" the child abuse when she worked for the Council?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 24.06.16 13:01

@willowthewisp wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:As dozens of normally rock solid Labour seats vote 'BREXIT' en masse, some Labour MP's are already calling for Corbyn's blood after his 'pathetic' campaign in support of 'Remain':

Two Labour MPs have submitted a motion of no confidence in Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn.

Margaret Hodge and Ann Coffey confirmed the move in a letter to the chairman of the Parliamentary Labour Party.

The motion has no formal constitutional force but calls for a discussion at their next PLP meeting on Monday.

It will be up to the PLP chairman to decide whether it is debated. If accepted it would be followed by a secret ballot of Labour MPs on Tuesday.
Margaret Hodge, wasn't she involved with Islington Social services, then promoted to an elite position by teflon Tony Blair,it was a pity she never "Investigated" the child abuse when she worked for the Council?
Exactly! 

Why oh why do politicians make it about them? 
Why all this "talk" about who should do what? 
They need to stand united now to move forwards in the process of "leaving". 
It could take 2 years? 
Lots can happen in those years.
No wonder "confidence" is at zero. 
If they care so much about Britain the opportunity to rebuild it better is now here! 
IMO

And not a mention of Jo cox, rest her soul. Wonder how her family are doing?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 24.06.16 13:05

@MayMuse wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:

Exactly! 

Why oh why do politicians make it about them? 
Why all this "talk" about who should do what? 
They need to stand united now to move forwards in the process of "leaving". 
It could take 2 years? 
Lots can happen in those years.
No wonder "confidence" is at zero. 
If they care so much about Britain the opportunity to rebuild it better is now here! 
IMO

And not a mention of Jo cox, rest her soul. Wonder how her family are doing?
hodge the dodge was responsible for Islington council I believe at the height of the abuse scandal?

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 24.06.16 13:12

Corbyn has to stand up and fight and start saying what he really believes instead of appeasing the new labourites.

It was his biggest mistake.

He was really a LEAVE person.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

David Cameron

Post by willowthewisp on 24.06.16 13:12

Hi Maymuse,dodgy Dave and the cohorts from Remain, tried to use the "Death of Jo Cox"as a sympathy acknowledgement,note the use of,"We Have More In Common",Dave never mentioned Jo Cox reading in the House Of Common's, where (Jo) openly asked what Dave and Barrack O'Bama were responsible for in the Syria conflict? Rest In Peace Jo Cox.

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 24.06.16 13:16

@willowthewisp wrote:Hi Maymuse,dodgy Dave and the cohorts from Remain, tried to use the "Death of Jo Cox"as a sympathy acknowledgement,note the use of,"We Have More In Common",Dave never mentioned Jo Cox reading in the House Of Common's, where (Jo) openly asked what Dave and Barrack O'Bama were responsible for in the Syria conflict? Rest In Peace Jo Cox.
It didn't work!
Thankfully!
What a sad and sorry waste of this lady's life, and she didn't deserve a mention after the "result", not one! 
How quickly one forgets when things don't go their way eh! 
Disgusting!

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Camrocracy in action

Post by willowthewisp on 24.06.16 13:22

@BlueBag wrote:Corbyn has to stand up and fight and start saying what he really believes instead of appeasing the new labourites.

It was his biggest mistake.

He was really a LEAVE person.
That is why the "Big Guns" from Labours past NWO mob were rolled out by the "Elite Chums" in support to Remain in the EU,Rupert Murdoch must be chuckling to himself over the pickle dodgy Dave dropped himself in at the last General Election on a Referendum and Operation Grange and the missing Madeleine McCann?
PS,Mr Tony Bennett,wonder if dodgy Dave will now make your letter of more urgency reply?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by notlongnow on 24.06.16 13:28

Hodge is one of Blairs pals.
The tory lites are trying to get rid of Corbyn

notlongnow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.06.16 13:32

If, IF, Dodgy Dave 'stays on' as an MP, is it 'possible' that a constituent of his, could 'ask' him, to bring up, at PMQ's, after October, the 'case' and 'investigation' of MM.?

Not saying, just asking.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 24.06.16 13:33

@notlongnow wrote:Hodge is one of Blairs pals.
The tory lites are trying to get rid of Corbyn
exactly, "The Night of the Long Blairites"

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 24.06.16 13:40

If Corbyn wanted out of the EU, he should have had the courage of his convictions!  His leadership was dire throughout this important historic debate, and his position as a result is now completely untenable (imho)

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 24.06.16 13:43

Would someone kindly remind me of the exact threat RB made to DC please?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

David Cameron

Post by willowthewisp on 24.06.16 13:48

@MayMuse wrote:Would someone kindly remind me of the exact threat RB made to DC please?
Rebekah Brooks, threatened/Persuaded? to put the Home Secretary,Theresa May on the Front page of the Scum,every day. If David Cameron didn't give the McCann family a new "Review" of all evidence pertaining to their still missing daughter Madeleine McCann, whilst on Holiday in Portugal 3 May 2007,thus we had the "Remit" Operation Grange- Abduction?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 24.06.16 13:54

@willowthewisp wrote:
@MayMuse wrote:Would someone kindly remind me of the exact threat RB made to DC please?
Rebekah Brooks, threatened to put the Home Secretary on the Front page of the Scum,If David Cameron didn't give the McCann family a new "Review" of all evidence pertaining to their still missing daughter Madeleine McCann, whilst on Holiday in Portugal 3 May 2007,thus we had the "Remit" Operation Grange- Abduction?
Thanks, wonder why/what exactly it was that caused DC to be that "protective " of Theresa May?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 24.06.16 14:02

@pennylane wrote:If Corbyn wanted out of the EU, he should have had the courage of his convictions!  His leadership was dire throughout this important historic debate, and his position as a result is now completely untenable (imho)
He should have!

He is between a rock and a hard place though.

But yes, he has to start saying what he thinks and stuff the blairites.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dave Cameron

Post by willowthewisp on 24.06.16 14:08

@MayMuse wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:
Rebekah Brooks, threatened to put the Home Secretary on the Front page of the Scum,If David Cameron didn't give the McCann family a new "Review" of all evidence pertaining to their still missing daughter Madeleine McCann, whilst on Holiday in Portugal 3 May 2007,thus we had the "Remit" Operation Grange- Abduction?
Thanks, wonder why/what exactly it was that caused DC to be that "protective " of Theresa May?
Hi Maymuse,Theresa May,Home Secretary is in charge, currently reviewing the Brutal Unsolved Murder of Daniel Morgan 10 March 1987, which has a very close affinity to a large influx of persons in the employment of a Business Proprietor Rupert Murdoch,AKA "We'er all in this together" the fragrant Rebekah quote to David Cameron and her former lover Andy Coulson, who was taken into a Government Role by dodgy Dave,phone Hacking, Millie Dowler,Notw?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 24.06.16 14:09

@BlueBag wrote:
@pennylane wrote:If Corbyn wanted out of the EU, he should have had the courage of his convictions!  His leadership was dire throughout this important historic debate, and his position as a result is now completely untenable (imho)
He should have!

He is between a rock and a hard place though.

But yes, he has to start saying what he thinks and stuff the blairites.

I'm afraid he will not recover from his dire leadership throughout this momentous occasion. I think his days are numbered.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 24.06.16 14:55

@MayMuse (just this 'once' too much 'typing' to make 'readable') winkwink

@willowthewisp wrote:
Rebekah Brooks, threatened/Persuaded? to put the Home Secretary,Theresa May on the Front page of the Scum,every day. If David Cameron didn't give the McCann family a new "Review" of all evidence pertaining to their still missing daughter Madeleine McCann, whilst on Holiday in Portugal 3 May 2007,thus we had the "Remit" Operation Grange- Abduction?

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20140122145147/http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Transcript-of-Morning-Hearing-11-May-2012.txt

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20140122145147/http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Transcript-of-Morning-Hearing-11-May-2012.pdf

Friday 11th May 2012.

Q. (Mr Jay) Did you not tell Downing Street that the Sun was going to demand a review and the Prime Minister should agree to the request because the Sun had supported him at the last election?
A. (Rebekah Brooks) No, in fact I didn't speak to Downing Street or the Home Secretary about this, but I know that Dominic Mohan or Tom Newton Dunn will have spoken to them.
Q. Pardon me?
A. They would have spoken directly to either Number 10 or the Home Office. I'm not sure. You'll have to ask them. Probably the Home Office, I would have thought.
Q. That the Sun wanted an immediate result and that a letter would be posted all over the front page from the McCanns to the Prime Minister asking for a review, unless Downing Street agreed. Did that happen?
A. I think that's how the Sun launched the campaign from memory. It was with a letter, yes.
Q. The Home Secretary was told that if she agreed to the review, the page 1 letter would not run. Do you remember that?
A. No, I don't.
Q. But as the Secretary of State did not respond in time, you did publish the letter on the front page. Do you remember that?
A. I do remember the Sun kicking off the campaign with a letter, yes.
Q. But you don't believe there was any conversation or indeed threat to the Secretary of State? Is that right?
A. I'm pretty sure there would have not been a threat, but you'll have to -- we'll have to ask Dominic Mohan, because, like I said, my involvement was to discuss the campaign in the continued search for Madeleine with the McCanns and to do the deal on the book and to -- they --because I had done so many campaigns in the past, they wanted my opinion, but after that I left it to both editors to execute the campaign.
Q. What I've been told is that you then intervened personally, Mrs Brooks. You told Number 10 that unless the Prime Minister ordered the review by the Metropolitan Police, the Sun would put the Home Secretary, Theresa May, on the front page every day until the Sun's demands were met. Is that true or not?
A. No.
Q. Is any part of that true?
A. I didn't speak to Number 10 or the Home Office about the McCanns until, I think, after the campaign had been won, and then it came up in a conversation that I had -- and i don't even think directly with the Prime Minister. I think it was one of his team.
Q. We can find out in due course whether this is true or not, but I must repeat it to you. It is said that you directly intervened with the Prime Minister and warned him that unless there was a review by the Metropolitan Police, the Sun would put the Home Secretary, Theresa May, on the front page every day until the Sun's demands were met. Is that true or not?
A. I did not say to the Prime Minister: "I will put Theresa May on the front page of the Sun every day unless you give me a review." I did not say that. If I'd had any conversations with Number 10 directly, they wouldn't have been particularly about that, but they would have been, if I'd been having a conversation, that the Sun was leading a major campaign with a very strong letter on page 1 to start the campaign, and anyone who knew me would have talked to me -- any politician would have talked to me about it. But I did not say that. I don't know who said I said that, but we're going back to sources again.
22 LORD JUSTICE LEVESON: Could we ask this: were you part of a strategy that involved your paper putting pressure on the government with this sort of implied or express threat?
A. I was certainly part of a strategy to launch the campaign in order to get the review for the McCanns, yes. But I think the word "threat", sir, is -- is too strong.
5 LORD JUSTICE LEVESON: Well, give me another word then for "threat", could you?
7 A. Persuade them?
8 LORD JUSTICE LEVESON: Persuasion. All right.

MR JAY: In your own words, Mrs Brooks, define for us what the strategy was.
A. So the McCanns were deeply upset that there hadn't been a review. It seemed incredibly unfair that they hadn't got this review. You only have to read their book to understand the trauma that they go through. So we said, "We'll join forces with you", and Dominic Mohan and his team went away and constructed a campaign. I cannot remember when the idea of the letter came up. It may have even been my idea to do the letter. I can't remember. But the campaign was launched in order to try and convince the government or convince the Home Secretary that a review would be the right thing to do.
Q. Do you know how it came about that the review was ordered?
A. No, I -- I can't remember, I'm sorry. Such a lot has happened since then.
Q. You must have been told, Mrs Brooks?
A. I remember Dominic Mohan telling me that the review was going ahead.
Q. That the Sun had won, in other words?
A. He didn't put it in those terms, but he said -- well, actually, I think he said, "The McCanns have won."
Q. The Sun headline on 14 May, front page, was that as a result of its campaign, the Prime Minister was "opening the Maddie files". Do you remember that one?
A. I remember the Sun winning the campaign, the McCanns winning the campaign, yes.
Q. So this is not, you say, a case study then in the exercise of power by you? I'm not suggesting that the end result was right or wrong. Many would say it was right, that there should be a review. I'm just saying the means by which you achieved the objective --
A. But it could be said that a review of Madeleine McCann's case, with everything that had gone on, was the right thing to do. We presented the issue. We supported the McCanns in their determination to get a review. It wasn't new. They'd tried before, before the election, and the election had come into -- and the Sun -- and the Home Secretary clearly thought it was a good idea too, because I'm pretty sure there wasn't -- it wasn't a long campaign. It wasn't like Sarah's Law over ten years. I think it was very short.
Q. Yes, it didn't take very long because the government yielded to your pressure, didn't they? It took all of about a day.
A. Or perhaps they were convinced by our argument.
Q. There are always two sides to the coin here, that of course everybody would say, on one level, money should be spent, but the campaign to date, I'm told, has cost £2 million and some would say maybe that money might have gone somewhere else. It's never clearcut, is it?
A. What, the Madeleine McCann campaign?
Q. No, the operation which started up the review, which was called Operation Grange, I understand.
A. Right, sorry.
Q. Perhaps you would say all you were doing was reflecting the views of your readers. Is that it?
A. I think in that case, it was an issue that we brought to the readers, that we explained to the readers that a review hadn't taken place and that -- we presented the McCanns' story as in the reason why they wanted the review. I think that absolutely chimed with our readership and the campaign was started with a very heartfelt letter and the politicians were convinced our argument, or the McCanns' argument, was correct.
25 Q. It also chimes with the commercial interests of your papers because this sells copy doesn't it?

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dave Cameron

Post by willowthewisp on 24.06.16 15:24

Hi Jeanmonroe, thanks for showing the content from Leveson Inquiry,Maymuse will be busy deciphering what Rebekah has done on behalf of the McCann family and didn't the **um have an exclusive book deal, where they paid the McCann's £425,000.to serialise the book?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 24.06.16 17:27

Thank you both willowthewisp & jeanmonroe.
The question was what was DC so afraid of to stop Theresa May being on the front page? 
It seems quite a bit, but just wondering what the "main" concern if anyone knew? 
And why RB was so adamant about the"review" for the McCanns, I feel I have missed something? 
Need to read some more. 
Blackmail comes in all forms, doesn't it? 
Thanks again.

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 24.06.16 18:42

Quite disconcerting that Theresa May could be a contender for PM?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum