The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

THE JO COX MURDER & THE EU REFERENDUM

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: THE JO COX MURDER & THE EU REFERENDUM

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 11:36

@BlueBag wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:Jo Cox's devastated colleagues break down in tears as Britain unites in grief for murdered MP - as it's revealed police assessed her security after she faced THREE-MONTH barrage of hate-mail 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3644847/Woman-MP-Jo-Cox-stabbed-shot-twice-man-makeshift-gun.html

I'm pretty certain Nigel Farage has a barrage of threats and hate mail too!
I would imagine every MP gets "hate" mail.

Indeed so.  It's a moot point as far as the EU debate goes methinks!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 17.06.16 11:43

‘444 out of 650 MPs support REMAIN’

Bluebag:

‘How would a Brexit be implemented by a group of MPs who don't want it?

I think they will override the will of the people.’

If the referendum shows that the overall will of the people was for something they did not believe in, would not honourable men (and women) fall on their own sword and call a general election?

Oh sorry, I forgot we are talking about MP’s here.

Odds 10 - 1 for an election this year, 6 - 1 on to go the term to 2020.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re;Jo Cox murder and the EU Referendum

Post by willowthewisp on 17.06.16 11:46

We all know that you cannot take the Politics out of this senseless Murder of the MP Jo Cox at this moment in time.

I do not want to criticise the Police in the investigation but I find the MSM pushing for a story before the Police are allowed to carry out their duties first, I find in astonishment is the fact that the Police did not gather any potential witnesses and protect them from making statements to the press under the process of Law and Order and any person brought before the Criminal Justice system of a right to a fair Trail?
We can understand the need to find out what has happened in these untimely events and being first to report on a tragedy, but to avoid mis- quotes or spoken words taken out of context,evidence facts matter first and foremost and should be protected?

On the EU Referendum part, I find it remarkable that in less than 35 Years since Live Aid,Bob Geldof,"Send us your **cking Money" eh(Sir Bob) has shifted from an Anti Establishment Mode into a Pro-Remain Establishment figure with his Millionaire chums on their flotilla, shouting to Nigel Farage being a Fraud, a bit Kettle and Pot issue until the actual Fishermen boarded their Boat and kindly reminded these Gentile folk about there True status of who they were representing!?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 17.06.16 11:56

@plebgate wrote:
@comperedna wrote:It doesn't really matter whether this likely mentally unbalanced murderer shouted 'Britain First' or not. That slogan is nothing to do with Brexit. A couple of people said he did say it, but so what? Those of us who remember Colin Jordan and his mob, and the worst years of the BNP remember such slogans wwell... They are to do with the very far right, as in Neo-Nazi style outfits, not with whether normal people favour 'in' or 'out' of the EU.
Hear, Hear.

I agree, as would any rationale person.  But even before Jo Cox was pronounced dead.  Plenty had already piled in on Farage with 'blood on your hands' tweets. Some even made the ridiculous claim, his new poster made Mair do it. Triggered by (what I can make of it) that MP who who tweeted the rumour of 'Britain first' which we all know got deleted.

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 17.06.16 12:27

I don't know about anyone else but I'm finding it hard to come to terms with an MP gunned down, shot and stabbed to death in broad daylight on the streets of UK.

I can imagine the fear and agony of Jo Cox.

As for the political agenda, I'm too upset to contemplate that.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 17.06.16 12:44

I'm with you on this, although many will continue to use the "political platform" unfortunately. 
Another life has been lost prematurely in horrific circumstances with devastated families left to pick up the myriad of broken pieces. 

Q. Do we know how he came to be in possession of a gun? 
Surely if he is a mental health sufferer he would not have been allowed a permit, let alone buy ammunition?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.06.16 13:06

Published a few minutes ago on the BBC News website:

Jo Cox death: What we know about the suspect

The arrested man has been named locally as Tommy Mair

The man held over the killing of Labour MP Jo Cox is "not a violent man and is not that political", his brother has said.

Named locally as Tommy Mair, the 52-year-old was arrested by police close to the home where he lived alone in Birstall, West Yorkshire.

Witnesses reported that during the attack he shouted "Britain first" twice.

Scott Mair, 50, told reporters on Thursday that his brother had a "history of mental illness" but that "he has had help".

Police have so far refused to discuss the possible motive behind the killing, despite reports that Mr Mair had sympathy for far-right groups.

Scott Mair told the Sun: "We are struggling to believe what has happened. My brother is not a violent man and is not that political. We don't even know who he votes for. I am visibly shaken at this news. I am so sorry for the MP and her family."

Mr Mair's half-brother, Duane St Louis, 41, told ITV he believed his brother "wouldn't hurt a fly".

"He's never expressed any views about Britain, or politics or racist tendencies. I'm mixed race and I'm his half-brother, we got on well," he said.

Police forensics teams searched Mr Mair's home on Thursday while his neighbours in Lowood Lane in Batley described their shock over the news.

One man said: "He's a very quiet person. He likes his gardening and stuff like that. He was a man of few words really."

Another neighbour said she had seen him outside the house on the morning of the attack. "He just walked past like he does," she said.

West Yorkshire Police said they would not speculate about the motive but the area's Police and Crime Commissioner, Mark Burns Williamson called the killing a "localised incident".

There have been a number of reports saying 52-year-old Mr Mair may as a young man have had right-wing sympathies. His name appears on a website listing him as a past subscriber to the SA Patriot magazine - a South African neo-Nazi publication.

The magazine issued a statement confirming that he appeared to have been a subscriber back in the 1980s, but said his subscription was not renewed and that those involved in the publication had never met him.

Meanwhile a US civil rights group, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), claimed it had obtained records showing Mr Mair had links with the US neo-Nazi organisation National Alliance (NA) in 1999.

The anti-hate campaign group posted images on Twitter showing what it claimed were receipts issued to him for books published by the NA, including a manual on how to make a homemade gun and a guide to explosives.

The UK political party Britain First, which boasts of its hatred of white left-wing politicians, has issued a video statement condemning the attack and says that it had no connection with the incident.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 13:25

Scraping the pre-millennium barrel.

The "Improvised Munitions Handbook" is a US Armed Forces survival manual.

It's not an NA publication.

It's also a free PDF download on the internet.

He suffered mental illness, he was a loner and in no way connected to any Brexit campaign or organisation.

They are not going to let this go until all Brexiters are tarred with the same brush.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 13:29

I would also ask how the Southern Poverty Law Center gets hold of US company shipping manifests from 1999?

Who the hell are they?

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbitte on 17.06.16 13:40

Exactly, and put out there for public consumption as 'evidence' by the BBC??

Puts me in mind of a Richard D Hall video I recently watched where he talked about the BBC's capability of solving crimes in mere seconds. Who needs the police to investigate when the BBC can conveniently create provide a back story for a crime committed barely 24hours ago? Digging up receipts or whatever from 1999!

Rabbitte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 17.06.16 13:55

Exactly,

Not aware of any jurisdiction where invoices for a bookshop need to be kept for > 7 years???  

Who needs the police to solve crimes when you've got a BBC who can report a building falling before it happens!!! 

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 17.06.16 13:55

I was present when Jo Cos was shot and stabbed. The shooting took place at 12.52. I was crossing the road to go to the library when I heard the first shot. I was looking the other way, looking out for traffic to cross the road. I turned towards the gun shot and saw everyone running towards me. I heard the screaming and shouting. People running in to doorways and away. I convinced myself it was a car crash and had to go and help, even though I knew it was shooting. Then the second shot and third. I had crossed the road by this time. I made my way slowly there towards the incident keeping close to the parked cars. I saw a woman in distress (I believe this was Susan, Jo Cox's secretary). I edged my way nearer until I saw Jo Cox on the floor between the parked cars. She had been shot in the head at gun point and stabbed. I think I went in to shock at this point but I remember staring at an Asian man as he was pleading on the phone for an ambulance. He was saying she wasn't breathing. I didn't know what to do. I was helpless, we all were. I thought she was dead, but then they said on the news that she wasn't at that point. This made me feel so guilty as I would have held her hand, I would have comforted her on the floor. She was alone. We were all in shock. I helped Susan instead. I hugged her and she cried on my shoulder. It took the police 13 minutes to get there. They were thirteen long minutes of fear and helplessness. They arrived before the ambulance. It was about ten past one when I asked the police if I could go as I had not seen the shooter. They took my name and let me go. The ambulance still hadn't arrived when I left at 10 past one. I had to get to my mum's house as the shooter was said to have walked away calmly towards where she lives and I knew she was on her way out to the local pub to meet my dad to watch the football match. They eventually caught him further up from where my parents live. I wish I had held her hand, I wish I could have helped. I am sorry for the way I am writing but I am very very upset. The Asian man on the phone deserves recognition, he was the most useful person there. Despite the conditions he never left the side of her body and he ordered people to stop a Council truck passing to get them to try and get help on the radio. There was also another man who tried to give consolence to the Susan, and later to myself when I broke down. Why am I writing this here? I don't know. RIP Jo Cox.

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 14:00

@Rabbitte wrote:Exactly, and put out there for public consumption as 'evidence' by the BBC??

Puts me in mind of a Richard D Hall video I recently watched where he talked about the BBC's capability of solving crimes in mere seconds. Who needs the police to investigate when the BBC can conveniently create provide a back story for a crime committed barely 24hours ago? Digging up receipts or whatever from 1999!
Wouldn't this affect any potential prosecution?

The BBC are disgusting.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 14:09

@Copodenieve wrote:I was present when Jo Cos was shot and stabbed. The shooting took place at 12.52. I was crossing the road to go to the library when I heard the first shot. I was looking the other way, looking out for traffic to cross the road. I turned towards the gun shot and saw everyone running towards me. I heard the screaming and shouting. People running in to doorways and away. I convinced myself it was a car crash and had to go and help, even though I knew it was shooting. Then the second shot and third. I had crossed the road by this time. I made my way slowly there towards the incident keeping close to the parked cars. I saw a woman in distress (I believe this was Susan, Jo Cox's secretary). I edged my way nearer until I saw Jo Cox on the floor between the parked cars. She had been shot in the head at gun point and stabbed. I think I went in to shock at this point but I remember staring at an Asian man as he was pleading on the phone for an ambulance. He was saying she wasn't breathing. I didn't know what to do. I was helpless, we all were. I thought she was dead, but then they said on the news that she wasn't at that point. This made me feel so guilty as I would have held her hand, I would have comforted her on the floor. She was alone. We were all in shock. I helped Susan instead. I hugged her and she cried on my shoulder. It took the police 13 minutes to get there. They were thirteen long minutes of fear and helplessness. They arrived before the ambulance. It was about ten past one when I asked the police if I could go as I had not seen the shooter. They took my name and let me go. The ambulance still hadn't arrived when I left at 10 past one. I had to get to my mum's house as the shooter was said to have walked away calmly towards where she lives and I knew she was on her way out to the local pub to meet my dad to watch the football match. They eventually caught him further up from where my parents live. I wish I had held her hand, I wish I could have helped. I am sorry for the way I am writing but I am very very upset. The Asian man on the phone deserves recognition, he was the most useful person there. Despite the conditions he never left the side of her body and he ordered people to stop a Council truck passing to get them to try and get help on the radio. There was also another man who tried to give consolence to the Susan, and later to myself when I broke down. Why am I writing this here? I don't know. RIP Jo Cox.

"The Asian man" who stayed with Jo, and phoned for an ambulance is a hero.  He is a very kind and brave individual to stay by her side the way he did!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 17.06.16 14:17

Now the BBC are saying it wasn't a "homemade" or "improvised" weapon, contrary to their earlier assertions.   First the assailant says "Britain First", then he doesn't????

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 17.06.16 14:20

@pennylane wrote:
@Copodenieve wrote:I was present when Jo Cos was shot and stabbed. The shooting took place at 12.52. I was crossing the road to go to the library when I heard the first shot. I was looking the other way, looking out for traffic to cross the road. I turned towards the gun shot and saw everyone running towards me. I heard the screaming and shouting. People running in to doorways and away. I convinced myself it was a car crash and had to go and help, even though I knew it was shooting. Then the second shot and third. I had crossed the road by this time. I made my way slowly there towards the incident keeping close to the parked cars. I saw a woman in distress (I believe this was Susan, Jo Cox's secretary). I edged my way nearer until I saw Jo Cox on the floor between the parked cars. She had been shot in the head at gun point and stabbed. I think I went in to shock at this point but I remember staring at an Asian man as he was pleading on the phone for an ambulance. He was saying she wasn't breathing. I didn't know what to do. I was helpless, we all were. I thought she was dead, but then they said on the news that she wasn't at that point. This made me feel so guilty as I would have held her hand, I would have comforted her on the floor. She was alone. We were all in shock. I helped Susan instead. I hugged her and she cried on my shoulder. It took the police 13 minutes to get there. They were thirteen long minutes of fear and helplessness. They arrived before the ambulance. It was about ten past one when I asked the police if I could go as I had not seen the shooter. They took my name and let me go. The ambulance still hadn't arrived when I left at 10 past one. I had to get to my mum's house as the shooter was said to have walked away calmly towards where she lives and I knew she was on her way out to the local pub to meet my dad to watch the football match. They eventually caught him further up from where my parents live. I wish I had held her hand, I wish I could have helped. I am sorry for the way I am writing but I am very very upset. The Asian man on the phone deserves recognition, he was the most useful person there. Despite the conditions he never left the side of her body and he ordered people to stop a Council truck passing to get them to try and get help on the radio. There was also another man who tried to give consolence to the Susan, and later to myself when I broke down. Why am I writing this here? I don't know. RIP Jo Cox.

"The Asian man" who stayed with Jo, and phoned for an ambulance is a hero.  He is a very kind and brave individual to stay by her side the way he did!
Yes he was Pennylane.

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 17.06.16 14:28

By the way, I never heard anyone shout "Britain First" but Susan did say that he had said "Freedom to the Liberation". The man who was caught is known here and lives in Birstall.

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.06.16 14:30

Thank you very much @ Copodenieve for bringing us this fresh, eyewitness account (with no mention of anyone heard shouting 'Britain first').

Here are the solemn words today of respected writer and political columnist Brendan O'Neill:

I don’t have very high expectations of the British media. But even I am shocked at the speed with which sections of it have sought to make political mileage from Jo Cox’s death. Pro-Remain journalists, swathes of the broadsheet set, are already discussing her death as a consequence of Brexit campaigning, as a foul spin-off of foul politics. They’re saying that of course Brexiteers aren’t directly responsible, but… that wretched “but”, which means “but they are responsible”. Remainers are already pointing a collective finger at the “political climate” cultivated by Brexit and suggesting it nurtured this murder. I thought they would wait, a day perhaps, before marshalling this tragedy to their cause. But no.
Politically exploiting a murder, morally blackmailing Brexiteers to tone down their campaign, and inadvertently diminishing the culpability of the killer by suggesting “the climate” bears some responsibility for what he did — I think it’s possible the British media has just reached a new low, the lowest low.

UNQUOTE

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 14:30

@Copodenieve wrote:By the way, I never heard anyone shout "Britain First" but Susan did say that he had said "Freedom to the Liberation". The man who was caught is known here and lives in Birstall.
That is important information.

Thanks.

It sounds more like the kind of thing a mentally ill person could say.

Susan will be an interesting witness.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 15:23

@Copodenieve wrote:
@pennylane wrote:

Yes he was Pennylane.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, Copodenieve, I do hope you are OK as you must be very traumatised indeed having witnessed the scene of such an horrific crime! 

You were also very brave to go to the crime scene, when everyone else was running away!   You kindly helped comfort Susan, so you were of immense help in the midst of chaos and destruction, just as the Asian man was.  You should be very proud of yourself. Well done and bless you! heart

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 17.06.16 15:40

I think you need to know the people of this area and some of the history of this place to understand them. Most of us are from Irish
descendants. It's a working class area were most of our parents worked in the mills and coal mines. Also it is very highly populated with Asians and there is a lot of conflict and racism here. The average level of education here is also very low.

Most are voting out of the EU because they think that will stop more foreigners coming to this area. People here have very strong views and you are forced to go with the majority or you are viciously verbally attacked. I had the same problem when most of them here believed Madeleine McCann had been abducted. Things have changed here now on that score and I am able to speak more freely on that subject.

There is a big problem with drugs and alcohol too. 

I believe this man was unstable, possibly very racist and more than likely felt very strongly about coming out of the EU. He will have been a big drinker too; Most of the working class men here are. I believe he did plan the attack because he only went after Jo Cox. He must have known she was in the area and he purposely and consciously killed her. He then walked off, seemingly with no worries about being caught. If he had wanted to get away, he had plenty of time as the police arrived 15 mins after the incident

I do not believe he is in any kind of organisation or terrorist group (Just my opinion)

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 17.06.16 15:42

@pennylane wrote:
@Copodenieve wrote:
@pennylane wrote:

Yes he was Pennylane.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, Copodenieve, I do hope you are OK as you must be very traumatised indeed having witnessed the scene of such an horrific crime! 

You were also very brave to go to the crime scene, when everyone else was running away!   You kindly helped comfort Susan, so you were of immense help in the midst of chaos and destruction, just as the Asian man was.  You should be very proud of yourself. Well done and bless you! heart

Thank you for those kind words Pennylane. I think the Asian man was the most useful and the bravest of us all. He was probably the man who works in the drycleaners. I will go and see him and shake his hand.

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Copodenieve on 17.06.16 15:52

@pennylane wrote:
@Copodenieve wrote:
@pennylane wrote:

Yes he was Pennylane.

Thank you for those kind words Pennylane. I think the Asian man was the most useful and the bravest of us all. He was probably the man who works in the drycleaners. I will go and see him and shake his hand.

Copodenieve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 16:19

The twisted BBC are still milking it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36562003

"Extremism".

"Incitement".

We don't know what motivated the killer of Jo Cox, but her violent death on the streets of her constituency in broad daylight is still a reminder that there can be a fine line between robust political rhetoric and incitement.

He's blaming the rheotoric of the Brexiters.

When in fact Tommy Mair is metally ill and mentally ill people let loose on the streets have killed lots and lots of people over the years.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 17.06.16 16:20

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum