The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

THE JO COX MURDER & THE EU REFERENDUM

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: THE JO COX MURDER & THE EU REFERENDUM

Post by skyrocket on 17.06.16 9:56

Good on Mr Tahir.

We'll see if the BBC backtrack.

skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 17.06.16 10:06

@BlueBag wrote:Tommy Mair had mental health issues.

His sister says he never got involved in politics.

That should be that.

But it won't be.

I've already seen calls for "Britain First" to be branded a terrorist organisation.

This is a dirty fight.
And that he was not violent ? 
Never believed the "Britain First" comment so good to see these "witnesses" popping up. 
Sadly this horrific crime and loss of life will be manipulated to fit any political "agenda" 

RIP Jo Cox
Condolences to her family especially her children who will now have to grow up without their loving Mother. roses

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 17.06.16 10:10

It doesn't really matter whether this likely mentally unbalanced murderer shouted 'Britain First' or not. That slogan is nothing to do with Brexit. A couple of people said he did say it, but so what? Those of us who remember Colin Jordan and his mob, and the worst years of the BNP remember such slogans wwell... They are to do with the very far right, as in Neo-Nazi style outfits, not with whether normal people favour 'in' or 'out' of the EU.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 10:11

This is going to go very bad for the government, as it will further prove they cannot be trusted to report truthfully on anything!  Also reeks of desperation, which is the last thing they need right now (imo).

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 17.06.16 10:16

@comperedna - very true BUT if the comment wasn't shouted and the report was planted for nefarious reasons, then it matters to every one of us.

skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hentie on 17.06.16 10:16

I heard yesterday she intervened between the suspected and another man arguing.
Today, so far, I have not heard this mentioned.

Terribly sad that a woman with so much promise according to colleagues, mother of 2 young children should be taken in such a way.

I do hope it won't be used in any way for political gain. It will be a huge disservice to her memory if this happens.

hentie
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 10:19

@comperedna wrote:It doesn't really matter whether this likely mentally unbalanced murderer shouted 'Britain First' or not. That slogan is nothing to do with Brexit. A couple of people said he did say it, but so what? Those of us who remember Colin Jordan and his mob, and the worst years of the BNP remember such slogans wwell... They are to do with the very far right, as in Neo-Nazi style outfits, not with whether normal people favour 'in' or 'out' of the EU.

Spot on!

He no doubt had a motive in his very sick mind, so I don't think it a far stretch that he may have yelled something like that out?  Like you say comperedna... 'so what!'

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.06.16 10:24

@skyrocket wrote:@comperedna - very true BUT if the comment wasn't shouted and the report was planted for nefarious reasons, then it matters to every one of us.

thumbup

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 10:25

@skyrocket wrote:@comperedna - very true BUT if the comment wasn't shouted and the report was planted for nefarious reasons, then it matters to every one of us.

I agree it matters more whether it was planted or not!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 17.06.16 10:28

skyrocket... as yet we have no idea whether the slogan was shouted or not and so it is pointless trying to say yea or nay that it was. I'm just saying it is not important either way. You can say those insisting it wasn't are 'trying to make political capital out of it' just as much as those who say it was. To me it is irrelevant. We know very little about this man for sure... just that he was responsible for a terrrible, terrible murder.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 17.06.16 10:37

I can understand the concern if this comment was actually said or if "planted" as it can take on a whole different meaning for any political "agenda's" as we are seeing in the media reporting.
For me it is "hearsay" 

The most important is that a genuine & good lady has been horrifically murdered at the prime of her life,leaving a devastated family. 

The same as the Orlando shooting trying to link in with Isis when it is obvious he was a repressed gay and targeted that community which I'm sure more will come out! 

IMO

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 17.06.16 10:38

Any time a group of people witness an event and you collect their accounts of it they differ in amazing ways. It seems a conspiracy theory too far to consider the comment as having been possibly planted for political reasons... especially at this early stage of the investigation.

Little is known for sure. Everyone is still numb with shock and horror.

Mind you... if we are talking about the press/media they do love their own 'angle' on a story, don't they?  In the case of this awful murder I think most have been very straight, very horrified by it all, and thinking and writing mostly about Jo's husband and children, and of how much of a good impression she made in a very short parliamentary career.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbitte on 17.06.16 10:40

@hentie wrote:I heard yesterday she intervened between the suspected and another man arguing.

Terribly sad that a woman with so much promise according to colleagues, mother of 2 young children should be taken in such a way.

I do hope it won't be used in any way for political gain. It will be a huge disservice to her memory if this happens.

On the LBC radio facebook page, there is discussion in the comments on a post about the 'NO-ONE SHOUTED BRITAIN FIRST' poster and interview.

There is mention of an eyewitness to a man being attacked initially with Jo Cox intervening, somebody posted this in reply to another comment: 

'...a witness who reported to sky news "Witness Hithem Ben Abdallah, 56, was in the cafe next door to the library shortly after 1pm when he heard screaming and went outside. He told Sky News: "There was a guy who was being very brave and another guy with a white baseball cap who he was trying to control and the man in the baseball cap suddenly pulled a gun from his bag."

After a brief scuffle, he said the man stepped back and the MP became involved.

He added: "He was fighting with her and wrestling with her and then the gun went off twice and then she fell between two cars and I came and saw her bleeding on the floor."...'

I do not know the person who posted this and cannot state it comes from sky, but worth a mention.

Has there been much mention of Maria Eagle and her deleted tweet on the news? As an early contributor of grist to the rumour mill, I hope she gets her due credit.

Rabbitte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 17.06.16 10:46

@pennylane wrote:
@plebgate wrote:I agree, I was quite ticked off yesterday when I saw one of the Labour MPs, a remainer, make a comment about haters.   Why say something like that when it was later reported that this man has mental health issues?

Disgraceful.

Apparently Jo Cox's husband is urging people to "fight against the hatred that killed her." 

Seems to me a not fit for purpose, stretched to the limit mental health care system is more to blame for Jo's untimely and brutal death.
yes care in the community is a joke it seems and people are living with this threat day in and day out.   

Stop giving our money away to EU and Foreign Aid.   Let's help our own first.   Whilst we are in the EU we can't.

VOTE LEAVE.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 17.06.16 10:48

@comperedna wrote:It doesn't really matter whether this likely mentally unbalanced murderer shouted 'Britain First' or not. That slogan is nothing to do with Brexit. A couple of people said he did say it, but so what? Those of us who remember Colin Jordan and his mob, and the worst years of the BNP remember such slogans wwell... They are to do with the very far right, as in Neo-Nazi style outfits, not with whether normal people favour 'in' or 'out' of the EU.
Hear, Hear.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hentie on 17.06.16 10:49

@Rabbitte wrote:
@hentie wrote:I heard yesterday she intervened between the suspected and another man arguing.

On the LBC radio facebook page, there is discussion in the comments on a post about the 'NO-ONE SHOUTED BRITAIN FIRST' poster and interview.

There is mention of an eyewitness to a man being attacked initially with Jo Cox intervening, somebody posted this in reply to another comment: 

'...a witness who reported to sky news "Witness Hithem Ben Abdallah, 56, was in the cafe next door to the library shortly after 1pm when he heard screaming and went outside. He told Sky News: "There was a guy who was being very brave and another guy with a white baseball cap who he was trying to control and the man in the baseball cap suddenly pulled a gun from his bag."

After a brief scuffle, he said the man stepped back and the MP became involved.

He added: "He was fighting with her and wrestling with her and then the gun went off twice and then she fell between two cars and I came and saw her bleeding on the floor."...'

I do not know the person who posted this and cannot state it comes from sky, but worth a mention.

Has there been much mention of Maria Eagle and her deleted tweet on the news? As an early contributor of grist to the rumour mill, I hope she gets her due credit.
Thank you. I shall follow LBC on Facebook.

hentie
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 10:57

@pennylane wrote:

Spot on!

He no doubt had a motive in his very sick mind, so I don't think it a far stretch that he may have yelled something like that out?  Like you say comperedna... 'so what!'
Yes.. critically and logically it is "so what".

However... the fight is a dirty one and it's been seen as an opportunity.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 10:59

@plebgate wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@plebgate wrote:I agree, I was quite ticked off yesterday when I saw one of the Labour MPs, a remainer, make a comment about haters.   Why say something like that when it was later reported that this man has mental health issues?

Disgraceful.

Apparently Jo Cox's husband is urging people to "fight against the hatred that killed her." 

Seems to me a not fit for purpose, stretched to the limit mental health care system is more to blame for Jo's untimely and brutal death.
yes care in the community is a joke it seems and people are living with this threat day in and day out.   

Stop giving our money away to EU and Foreign Aid.   Let's help our own first.   Whilst we are in the EU we can't.

VOTE LEAVE.

nod clapping thumbup roses

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 11:04

@BlueBag wrote:
@pennylane wrote:

Spot on!

Yes.. critically and logically it is "so what".

However... the fight is a dirty one and it's been seen as an opportunity.

Poor dears are struggling hard against a tidal wave of common sense!   They can prattle on all they like, but nobody's listening!

Roll on Independence Day.  Vote Leave!!!  clapping

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.06.16 11:06

This is hard to believe, but some people, jumping on the appalling killing of Jo Cox MP, are circulating a petition on the Prime Minister's website:

CALLING FOR THE E.U. REFERENDUM TO BE CANCELLED 

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/123450

Their argument is that because 444 out of 650 MPs support REMAIN, there's no need for the British people to be allowed a vote on the subject!

It has 987 signatures so far

ETA:   Just checked after making this post - and 36 more people have signed it while I was writing it! Now 1,023

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 11:09

People will see it as more dirty tricks and desperation by the Remain Camp.  It will backfire, if it hasn't already!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 11:31

It does raise the issue.

How would a Brexit be implemented by a group of MPs who don't want it?

I think they will override the will of the people.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 17.06.16 11:31

Jo Cox's devastated colleagues break down in tears as Britain unites in grief for murdered MP - as it's revealed police assessed her security after she faced THREE-MONTH barrage of hate-mail 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3644847/Woman-MP-Jo-Cox-stabbed-shot-twice-man-makeshift-gun.html

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 11:33

I'm pretty certain Nigel Farage has a barrage of threats and hate mail too!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 11:35

@pennylane wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:Jo Cox's devastated colleagues break down in tears as Britain unites in grief for murdered MP - as it's revealed police assessed her security after she faced THREE-MONTH barrage of hate-mail 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3644847/Woman-MP-Jo-Cox-stabbed-shot-twice-man-makeshift-gun.html

I'm pretty certain Nigel Farage has threats and hate mail too!
I would imagine every MP gets "hate" mail.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum