The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

THE JO COX MURDER & THE EU REFERENDUM

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE JO COX MURDER & THE EU REFERENDUM

Post by skyrocket on 17.06.16 7:39

@BlueBag - I've taken the liberty of starting a new thread for you (as requested by @ladyinred) as I agree wholeheartedly that Jo Cox's murder will have a direct effect on the the way some people will vote next week in the EU referendum.

It's going to be very interesting to see what the back story is on the 'loner with mental health problems'.

I would be very interested to hear what @RichardDHall has to say on this one, as I smell a rat.

Please close this thread if not required - thanks.

skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE JO COX MURDER & THE EU REFERENDUM

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 17.06.16 7:43

Problem solved, thank you skyrocket thumbsup

Bringing over some posts from the other thread: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12428p325-e-u-referendum-the-state-of-the-polls-was-europe-poll-majority-in-favour-of-uk-leaving-eu-increases-from-4-to-9-in-one-week

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@pennylane wrote:It's outrageous to use Jo Cox's horrific murder in such a way. 

@Tony Bennett wrote:I am afraid @ pennylane that a lot more BREXIT-smearing is going on tonight.

Take this for example:

http://www.ibtimes.com/jo-cox-shooting-stabbing-brexit-related-labour-mp-pro-remain-attacker-yelled-britain-2382985

The heading reads:

' Jo Cox Shooting - Brexit-Related? - MP was Pro-Remain - Attacker Yelled 'Britain First' '

@pennylane wrote:Thank you Tony. Yes it's obviously going to be used to the full by the Remain campaigners, as they don't have much else to sink their teeth into do they.  Desperate times call for desperate measures! 

I have great faith in the Brexit campaigners however, that they will have a more than adequate response to this tragedy. If this is the tactic the Remains want to use, there's plenty of frightening statics that can be quoted by the Leave campaigners should they chose to go down that route.  Plus a week is long time in politics as they say.

@BlueBag wrote:I'm led to believe that the "Britain First" claim was started in a tweet by Labour MP Maria Eagle who later deleted it.

Other witnesses said they heard nothing like that.

Google "Maria Eagle"

Click the link.

Page does not exist.

This is going to backfire on them.

@BlueBag wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:As we are just a week away from the referendum, please keep this thread on topic.
This is on topic.

The remainers are running with this and it will be the battleground for the next few days.

They've lost the argument but will now be appealing to sentiment.

I want to know how Labour MP Marie Eagle (a remain campaigner) knew so soon that the attacker shouted "Britain First" and why it is now deleted from Twitter (it's still in Google cache). 

The BBC eventually managed to find a witness who supposedly heard the attacker shout "put Britain First" but much later.

I smell a rat.

@BlueBag wrote:Manchester Evening News said they heard it from Sky News... Sky News were reporting Maria Eagles Tweet... Maria Eagle said she heard from Manchester Evening News.

Hmmmm....

There are videos of witnesses explicitly saying when asked that they never heard "Britain first".

But the BBC found one... later.

@BlueBag wrote:The alleged attackers name is Tommy Mair.

He has a mental health history.

From The Huddersfield Examiner in 2010 (Birstall is between Huddersfield and Leeds).

Thomas Mair, 46, started volunteering at the park after learning about the opportunity through the Mirfield-based Pathways Day Centre for adults with mental health problems. 

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Oakwell+Hall+thriving+with+help+of+volunteers.-a0227735906

It's going to be interesting how this story is going to get twisted in favor of the remainers.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 17.06.16 7:45

No probs - this is really @BlueBag's thread folks!

Also interesting that the bloke the BBC interviewed later who 'heard' the killer shout 'Britain First' or similar was filmed by a garden fence somewhere, whereas all the other interviews were done clearly in the village/town centre; and that his words echoed exactly what a previous eye witness had said earlier (between 2 cars, etc).

skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 7:54

There is a witness on video explicitly saying that he never heard "Britain first",

He was there and describes in great detail what was happening, what the gun was like, how he was fiddling with it between shots (@ 1.37)

The other man involved in the scuffle was "the guy from the dry cleaners" as stated in the above video.

We have to pay attention to every detail of this story because it is going to be used big time by the remainers.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 7:57

Tommy Mair had mental health issues.

His sister says he never got involved in politics.

That should be that.

But it won't be.

I've already seen calls for "Britain First" to be branded a terrorist organisation.

This is a dirty fight.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 17.06.16 8:06

If the so called 'Britain First' eyewitness was close enough to hear those words said when others didn't - why didn't he intervene like the guy from the dry cleaners?

I've just watched an interview on the news in which a Forensic Psychologist (apologies to the gentleman if he is actually an MD psychiatrist) based in Oxford who said that attacks on MP's usually result after a build up of verbal and/or written threats or erratic behaviour at their surgeries. For this reason, MP's forward any such letters or reports of threatening behaviour to a central office, from where the threat level is assessed. Was Tommy Mair on their watch list?

skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 8:22

@skyrocket wrote:If the so called 'Britain First' eyewitness was close enough to hear those words said when others didn't - why didn't he intervene like the guy from the dry cleaners?
He is a witness only after the first shot when he turned around.

According to his BBC interview Jo Cox had two other women with her who backed off when he took the knife out after the shooting.

And then there is the Dry Cleaner and the guy who knew the Dry Cleaner (who absolutely did not hear "Britain First").

There are a lot of witnesses here supposedly.

Let's see how the Police stitch this one together.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 8:35

@BlueBag wrote:There is a witness on video explicitly saying that he never heard "Britain first",

His name is Hisham Ben-Abdallah.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1295268/horrific-eyewitness-accounts-of-labour-mp-jo-coxs-murder/
Coffee shop owner Hisham Ben-Abdallah, 56, came outside his coffee shop to see Mrs Cox being shot on the floor.
Hisham, speaking just metres from where the attack took place, said: “I am in total shock right now.”
Describing the attack, Hisham said: “I saw him fiddle with his bag and he brought out a gun.
“The gun was like a small pistol, which had a lever on it.
“It was a handmade gun – not what a normal gun looks like.
“It looked like the end of a walking stick.”
He added: “Between the first and second shot, there was a three or four second delay.
“He also had a knife the size of a cucumber.”

He saw events from before the BBC guy, he was closer and he never heard "Britain First".

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 8:37

@BlueBag wrote:Tommy Mair had mental health issues.

His sister says he never got involved in politics.

That should be that.

But it won't be.

I've already seen calls for "Britain First" to be branded a terrorist organisation.

This is a dirty fight.

Watching Osborne this morning attempting to use Jo's murder to the Remain camp's advantage, was extremely nauseating!  He and Cameron have zero credibility as far as most people are concerned, and I feel they will shoot themselves in both feet with this.  They are flaunting their desperation! 

Question: Why was such a dangerous/mentally ill man who was known to NHS mental health services, wandering freely within the community?  Answer: Mental health and NHS services are stretched to the limit and as a result, not fit for purpose!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 17.06.16 8:48

Big difference between "......Britain first......" and  "Britain First" let's all stay vigilant.

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 17.06.16 9:00

This is a very sad story indeed and cannot imagine how her husband and children are feeling.  

It is a sad reminder how unsafe Britain's streets have become.   We, the ordinary people, having been telling our MPs for years what it is really like and now very sadly an MP who was out on our streets has lost her life because of a man with possible mental health issues.

The undeniable fact is that "ordinary" people are living with this threat every day on our streets.   Most MPs do not come into contact on a daily basis as this MP did and I was glad to hear her colleagues pay tribute to her.

The Remainers may well try to use this in their campaign but we, the voters know that Britain is not safer or stronger in Europe and there are a growing number of people being killed violently because of the inefficiency of our MPs and courts to crack down on it and we have been told for years now that they cannot because of directive from Europe.

Vote out and let us take back control.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 9:01

A Guardian witness.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/16/jo-cox-killing-shooting-mp-birstall-west-yorkshire

Graeme Howard, 38, who lives in nearby Bond Street, said the attacker shouted “Britain first”, adding: “I heard the shot and I ran outside and saw some ladies from the cafe running out with towels. There was loads of screaming and shouting and the police officers showed up. He was shouting ‘Britain first’ when he was doing it and being arrested.”

Anyone see the problem with this?

What standard of journalism is this?

Also "Nearby Bond Street" isn't that nearby.

I'm getting tired of the BS here.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 9:13

Clarke Rothwell the BBC "Britain First" guy in an earlier interview (@ 3.07)

Doesn't mention any shouting of "Britain first".

He did later.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

There are eerie parallels here to the assassination of Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.06.16 9:23

There are eerie parallels here to the assassination of Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh in Sweden on 11 September 2003.

This happened in the midst of a bitterly contested Swedish European referendum when the Swedish people were due to vote on whether or not Sweden should join the euro. Lindh was an ardent, passionate campaigner for Sweden to join the euro.

The actual referendum was held just three days later on 14 September 2003.  

It doesn't look like the Swedes were much influenced on that occasion as over 57% of them voted NOT to join the euro - which looks, 13 year later, very much like they made the right decision!

I note that at the very heart of this matter is the factual matter of whether or not Tommy Mair did actually use the words 'Put Britain First'. Is the only witness to this Graeme Howard? Who is he?

I note that Maria Eagle withdrew her tweet which I believe was the first mention of the claim. A man called Abdullah was quoted as having heard this being shouted but he denied it.

I don't know who put together the BBC News last night, but prominent Remainers were featured making very sentimental and powerful statements while clips of Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson seemed to put them in a poor light by comparison.

I believe that Jo Cox was on that ghastly yacht which Bob Geldof commandeered two days ago to yell a foul-mouthed tirade at Nigel Farage's pro-fishing boat and give him the V-sign, while a fellow-passenger poked her tongue out and waved a leopard-print high-heeled shoe at him. Can anyone confirm this please? 

It's also been a bit of a field day for conspiracy theorists.

It's been noted that Anna Lindh was shot dead on the anniversary of 9/11.

And that the date of Jo Cox's assassination contained three sixes:  16-6-16

ETA:  A group called 'FreeDomainRadio' last night put out a video on YouTube titled: 'Brexit: Remain Camp Exploits Jo Cox Murder'. It's had over 52,000 views in a few hours:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtDKfd-pEGw

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbitte on 17.06.16 9:31

Just been listening to LBC radio, Nick Ferrari, who reported that a sign was put up in the window of the dry cleaners refuting claims of shouts (Britain first) having been witnessed, the dodgy reports of which has already spread across the world.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/jo-cox-witness-says-no-one-shouted-britain-first-132375

Also, the dry cleaner owner, Mr Ahmed Tahir was interviewed by Bethany Davis and he stated that contrary to reports in the media, although he witnessed the attack he did not tackle the gunman and at no time did the gunman shout "Britain first".

He put the sign in the window of his shop because of the untrue reports.

I'm not sticking up for Britain First in any way, yet the frontpages are linking it to Brexit and that's just plain wrong.

So many lies in the press, I said from the get go: One week to go to the referendum, not going the government's way, now this poor woman who was murdered by a mentally unwell individual who washed himself with brillo pads, is being held up as a vote remain martyr. Press portraying it as an 'extremist hate crime' from the very start. Trying to ally anyone who is for Brexit as extremist nutters. 

God knows how it's being reported in the States cos I've seen posts on social media linking this to the Orlando shootings eg...things along the lines of- We the people of Orlando stand shoulder to shoulder with you against terrorism. What!!?? 

The MURDER of this poor lady being hijacked. I'm not surprised but I'm very sorry for her and her family.

Absolutely MENTAL.

Rabbitte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 17.06.16 9:35

I agree, I was quite ticked off yesterday when I saw one of the Labour MPs, a remainer, make a comment about haters.   Why say something like that when it was later reported that this man has mental health issues?

Disgraceful.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 9:38

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 17.06.16 9:40

Well there you are can't be clearer but confusion is good.

Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 17.06.16 9:40

@BlueBag wrote:
+1 BlueBag

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.06.16 9:41

@Rabbitte wrote:Just been listening to LBC radio, Nick Ferrari, who reported that a sign was put up in the window of the dry cleaners refuting claims of shouts (Britain first) having been witnessed, the dodgy reports of which has already spread across the world.

Also, the dry cleaner owner, Mr Ahmed Tahir was interviewed by Bethany Davis and he stated that contrary to reports in the media, although he witnessed the attack he did not tackle the gunman and at no time did the gunman shout "Britain first".

Wow! Let's just see how many of the media publish this photograph and feature the man on their broadcasts.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 9:47

The Cafe owner next door to the library also said that no one said "Britain first".

And he was there to see the gun up close and taken out the bag.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 17.06.16 9:49

@plebgate wrote:I agree, I was quite ticked off yesterday when I saw one of the Labour MPs, a remainer, make a comment about haters.   Why say something like that when it was later reported that this man has mental health issues?

Disgraceful.

Apparently Jo Cox's husband is urging people to "fight against the hatred that killed her." 

Seems to me a not fit for purpose, stretched to the limit mental health care system is more to blame for Jo's untimely and brutal death.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 17.06.16 9:52

@pennylane wrote:

Apparently Jo Cox's husband is urging people to "fight against the hatred that killed her." 
Yep.

That'll be the people who are systematically dismantling the mental health services.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 17.06.16 9:52

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Rabbitte wrote:Just been listening to LBC radio, Nick Ferrari, who reported that a sign was put up in the window of the dry cleaners refuting claims of shouts (Britain first) having been witnessed, the dodgy reports of which has already spread across the world.

Wow! Let's just see how many of the media publish this photograph and feature the man on their broadcast
Maybe someone needs to sent this information to the Star newspaper, then sue them, then SHUT THE SCUMMY COMIC DOWN!

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.06.16 9:55

Anthony Bennett@zampos 3m3 minutes ago
Good> #LBC published poster by main witness who says NO-ONE SAID 'BRITAIN FIRST' Do the same #BBC #ITV #SKY  #INorOUT

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum