The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Charlotte pennington

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Charlotte pennington

Post by jd on 02.09.12 18:54

The very same day as this programme aired the 'Daily Mail' had an EXCLUSIVE. David Payne saw Madeleine at 6.30 p.m

He had just left the beach cafe at 6.30pm...as seen on the CCTV images!

dewi lennard ‏@kikoratton
@kikoratton @StellabyLight How does Charlotte Pennington know by what name Madeleine #McCann was called? She wasn't in her group, surely?

Didn't the mccanns say that they never called her Maddie! How would Charlotte call Madeleine 'Maddie' when she was never called that, nor was she in her group!! thinking

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 02.09.12 22:12

@jd wrote:
The very same day as this programme aired the 'Daily Mail' had an EXCLUSIVE. David Payne saw Madeleine at 6.30 p.m

He had just left the beach cafe at 6.30pm...as seen on the CCTV images!

dewi lennard ‏@kikoratton
@kikoratton @StellabyLight How does Charlotte Pennington know by what name Madeleine #McCann was called? She wasn't in her group, surely?

Didn't the mccanns say that they never called her Maddie! How would Charlotte call Madeleine 'Maddie' when she was never called that, nor was she in her group!!

From Charlotte Pennington's police statement:

"Witness states that as she was an intelligent child, timid at first contact, and who later felt more comfortable, was a child who conversed normally for her age, and was of a calm demeanour. She adds that it was usual for Madeleine to be called “Maddy”, as this is how she [Madeleine] presented herself to the witness;"

Genbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russiandoll on 02.09.12 22:52

and there is a shy little girl described by JT in her RI :

“So your impressions of Madeleine is that she is confident, happy?”
Reply “Umm”.

4078 “Intelligent?”
Reply “Yeah, very, yeah, you know, very”.

4078 “And is there anything about her that would make her stand out from the rest of the children in that group?”
Reply “I think just the fact she is very outgoing, you know. As I say, Ella, in her nature, is a bit more, you know, quiet and, erm, a bit more probably reserved. Well, again, I don’t know whether you’d call a child reserved, but more, you know, not quite so”.

4078 “Hangs back and sees what is going on?”
Reply “Yeah, she’s, yeah, whereas, I think Madeleine would be, she would always be in the centre
, anything that was going on she would be, I don’t mean to say the ring-leader, but she would be at the centre of it, so”.

4078 “I don’t want to put words in your mouth and I don’t want to ask inappropriate questions either”.
Reply “No, just ask”.

4078 “How you described Madeleine, up to what point was she sort of the leader, if you like, was she verging on the, because some children can be downright annoying”.
Reply “Yeah”.
4078 “When they’re over confident?”
Reply “No, again, I think this is what I was almost wondering, whether, with Ella being sort of the stand-back type, whether, but, no, she wasn’t like that at all, she was just”.

4078 “In a nice way?”
Reply “Just happy. In a nice way, yeah. No, she wasn’t, erm, she wasn’t a brat, no, I mean, that’s you could describe, she wasn’t, no, bratty or sort of, I can’t remember the word I’m trying to look for, precocious”.

her own daughter.....was Ella confused with Maddie at the creche ?

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate,
contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and
unrealistic.
~John F. Kennedy

russiandoll

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 03.09.12 8:20

I've thought that too.
If her own family says that she wouldn't have let an abductor take her easily, 'she was a screamer' - 'that girl could throw a tantrum' and Kate saying that she'd give an abductor her 'tuppence worth' - that doesn't fit with a quiet girl as described by CP.

CP does seem to be describing Ella - have either of the nannies ever mentioned the coloboma? I remember reading that one of the nannies said she'd never noticed it.
There are two explanations for that: the girl wasn't there in the first place and in any case the coloboma didn't exist. For how could any of the nannies have missed it? Child looks up at you - you see the full face. You kneel down to their level, same again. A lot of eye contact when explaining games etc.

The other problem is that there seem to have been only about four or five children in the creche. That again doesn't fit well with the Wilkins woman saying there were about ten little blonde girls collected from the creche.

What if all the creche sheets were immediately post 3/5? Hastily put together to save the face of MW/OC. Kindly assisted by the main players. It did strike me that on the whole Maddie's name is very clearly written. Perhaps the creche sheets were very incomplete and so were rehashed in a hurry.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 03.09.12 8:29

"There were no children in the room. The twins had been taken out already, I think by one of the McCanns' friends."

If the twins had been taken out she couldn't have been the first on the scene for obvious reason.

If the twins were brought back later, that's another story altogether, which then begs the question, where were the twins and who decided they should be brought back as an after thought?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 11.10.12 2:10

Another one not to be forgotten about......Does anyone know exactly what nannying she did? What groups of kids she looked after? Age group etc? I have only known she was a nanny but never seen exactly what she did at MW/OC

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.10.12 8:09

@jd wrote:Another one not to be forgotten about......Does anyone know exactly what nannying she did? What groups of kids she looked after? Age group etc? I have only known she was a nanny but never seen exactly what she did at MW/OC

I don't think she was included in the rogatories? The piece by Nigel on page one is pretty amazing. She is just everywhere at once this wonder woman.

Not only that, just way too many connections, New Zealand, medical, charity for the NZ hospital etc. Her father working there - too coincidental for my liking.
Then she was a nanny at an undisclosed address in the UK, flew to PdL - where coincidentally it seems a nanny was supposed to come with them but didn't.

Then the McCanns had a nanny according to several people - in Rothley. Possibly during the time that CP was nanny with 'a family' in the UK.

Are we asked yet again to believe three impossible things before breakfast?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 11.10.12 17:54

@tigger wrote:
@jd wrote:Another one not to be forgotten about......Does anyone know exactly what nannying she did? What groups of kids she looked after? Age group etc? I have only known she was a nanny but never seen exactly what she did at MW/OC

I don't think she was included in the rogatories? The piece by Nigel on page one is pretty amazing. She is just everywhere at once this wonder woman.

Not only that, just way too many connections, New Zealand, medical, charity for the NZ hospital etc. Her father working there - too coincidental for my liking.
Then she was a nanny at an undisclosed address in the UK, flew to PdL - where coincidentally it seems a nanny was supposed to come with them but didn't.

Then the McCanns had a nanny according to several people - in Rothley. Possibly during the time that CP was nanny with 'a family' in the UK.

Are we asked yet again to believe three impossible things before breakfast?

Outside the mccanns it is jane tanner and charlotte pennington who imo are involved with the scam. CP's ability to be in the wrong place at the wrong time is amazing. As is her eyesight in the middle of the night spotting a man in a dingy out at sea in the total darkness

Another one who was in invited to Rothley Towers in November 2007...another one who contradicted her story

I have never seen anything to actually show what CP did at OC. We know from 'words' she was a nanny (which she deleted her time at MW in PDL from her CV) but what nanny exactly? Did she take a group of kids each day? Are there creche sheets with her name on it? I am wondering if she ever was a nanny at OC PDL and was said to be one as she was one of the 2 main players of the cover up. Maybe someone on this forum who is actually interested in Madeleine McCann might be able to shed some light or observations?

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.10.12 18:07

Whereas Cat Baker nearly had a nervous breakdown, we don't hear the same about Pennington.

From the PJ's point of view, if MW tells them she is employed by them, that's what goes down on the sheet. So simple.
No need for that extra bed requested by the McCanns for a start. No explanations of the rumour they were going to have the nanny with them on holiday, that is - the nanny they employed in Rothley.
I definitely read in the early days that this was part of the explanation for the listening 'watch'. Initially they were to have the nanny with them.
Well, perhaps she was.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 11.10.12 18:24

@tigger wrote:Whereas Cat Baker nearly had a nervous breakdown, we don't hear the same about Pennington.

From the PJ's point of view, if MW tells them she is employed by them, that's what goes down on the sheet. So simple.
No need for that extra bed requested by the McCanns for a start. No explanations of the rumour they were going to have the nanny with them on holiday, that is - the nanny they employed in Rothley.
I definitely read in the early days that this was part of the explanation for the listening 'watch'. Initially they were to have the nanny with them.
Well, perhaps she was.

Yes the nanny they took with them ended up needing to help them with something totally unexpected! From all the connections to NZ, same flights etc one would be correct to assume they all know each other, and CP would be a nanny back in the UK. Though why did she fly from Gatwick? She was on the same flight as rachael oldfield though

I wonder if the PJ ever did check out that MW told them she was worked for the company or whether they just believed it and didn't feel the need to check this out. I think the latter

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 11.10.12 18:27

@jd wrote:
@tigger wrote:Whereas Cat Baker nearly had a nervous breakdown, we don't hear the same about Pennington.

Well, perhaps she was.

Yes the nanny they took with them ended up needing to help them with something totally unexpected! From all the connections to NZ, same flights etc one would be correct to assume they all know each other, and CP would be a nanny back in the UK. Though why did she fly from Gatwick? She was on the same flight as rachael oldfield though

I wonder if the PJ ever did check out that MW told them she was worked for the company or whether they just believed it and didn't feel the need to check this out. I think the latter

If MW was a large part of the cover up, no problem, bit of paperwork, she'd only been there less than a week, the nannies were pretty informally hired I suspect. As indeed the article about the nanny service of MW in Egypt bears out.

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.02.13 23:49

I'm bringing this topic back as the role of the seemingly ubiquitous Charlotte Pennington has been mentioned in the Gaspar statement topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on 08.02.13 23:55

Jean wrote:I'm bringing this topic back as the role of the seemingly ubiquitous Charlotte Pennington has been mentioned in the Gaspar statement topic.

Ah charlotte bless her. The most amazing knack of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and has the most amazing eyesight too! I was thinking about her the other day because she goes to New Zealand a lot, especially over Xmas/New Year time, and I am sure she might have been there last Xmas.....Would have been worth a call to her to go and check if the girl in the latest sighting was Maddie winkwink

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirage on 09.02.13 0:13

@jd wrote:
Jean wrote:I'm bringing this topic back as the role of the seemingly ubiquitous Charlotte Pennington has been mentioned in the Gaspar statement topic.

Ah charlotte bless her. The most amazing knack of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and has the most amazing eyesight too! I was thinking about her the other day because she goes to New Zealand a lot, especially over Xmas/New Year time, and I am sure she might have been there last Xmas.....Would have been worth a call to her to go and check if the girl in the latest sighting was Maddie

Thanks Jean and jd. Time to toddle off to bed. Will read through this thread tomorrow.

Mirage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chillyheat on 15.11.13 15:33

What a very interesting thread....
Her Passport....Is it normal to have her details on it as a written entry ?

chillyheat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MissDaisy on 15.11.13 16:16

I have only just noticed she has an irish passport, never knew that before. She must have Irish parents/parent then.

MissDaisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.11.13 10:08

The problem is that if you can't excuse Pennington's arrival in PdL that week as coincidental (I can't) then you're looking at massive premeditation of, well, something...... So when Redwood talks about going back to the start, that really means identifying the movements of apparent bit part players like Pennington in the weeks and months prior to May 2007, and all without alerting any potential conspirators to the direction of the investigation. I can see why a whitewash would look tempting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.11.13 17:16

Where IS CP?

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 18.11.13 12:43

From Rogatory interview part I Russell O'Brien:

....Reply “Alright, so it starts, at my page three it says ‘Dianne WEBSTER’?”
1578 “Yes, I’ve got that”.
Reply “Have you got that?”
1578 “Yeah”.
Reply “Erm, the first three paragraphs are fine. I think, I suppose, the only comment is, when I’m talking about Charlotte PENNINGTON in the fifth paragraph, erm, I said that she, ‘I believe she looked after Dave and Fiona’s kids’, then, then there’s a separate, a sort of a separate sentence there. Erm, and it might be worth clarifying that, at least in popular Press, she erm, she, there was a report that she said she saw Kate and Gerry at the Airport, but I think she’s, and I don’t think that would have been possible, because we had left the Airport on the coach with her, so I think she’s probably confusing that with, with one of us. So that’s, that’s only a report from the popular Press rather than anything that she said”.
1578 “So how do you wish us to word that?”
Reply “I suppose, erm, ‘I believe she looked after Fiona and Dave’s kids’, full stop, ...unquote

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.11.13 12:50

@tigger wrote:From Rogatory interview part I Russell O'Brien:

....Reply “Alright, so it starts, at my page three it says ‘Dianne WEBSTER’?”
1578 “Yes, I’ve got that”.
Reply “Have you got that?”
1578 “Yeah”.
Reply “Erm, the first three paragraphs are fine. I think, I suppose, the only comment is, when I’m talking about Charlotte PENNINGTON in the fifth paragraph, erm, I said that she, ‘I believe she looked after Dave and Fiona’s kids’, then, then there’s a separate, a sort of a separate sentence there. Erm, and it might be worth clarifying that, at least in popular Press, she erm, she, there was a report that she said she saw Kate and Gerry at the Airport, but I think she’s, and I don’t think that would have been possible, because we had left the Airport on the coach with her, so I think she’s probably confusing that with, with one of us. So that’s, that’s only a report from the popular Press rather than anything that she said”.
1578 “So how do you wish us to word that?”
Reply “I suppose, erm, ‘I believe she looked after Fiona and Dave’s kids’, full stop, ...unquote
She's the key, to me. For whose benefit was she in PdL that week; the McCanns, or her "employers"?

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 18.11.13 13:28

I'm not sure that "massive premeditation" is such a problem, Clay.

It's certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility and when you consider all the "small coincidences, odd connections" etc, we have seen so far, at times it looks like the ONLY workable theory.

I keep consoling myself with the thought that if we looked into any case and dug deep enough, as many great minds here have, we would find odd and bewildering coincidences there too. But.. and there is always a but with this story.

The only area in which such a pre calculated scenario looses out, for me, is the amount of other people's silence the perpetrators would be depending upon. Family, friends, associates. They simply cannot be blackmailing EVERYONE, realistically.

The thinking seems to be that we are dealing with two rather tightly average minds here, as opposed to a pair of criminal masterminds and that's another potential area of weakness. But, I also believe that ANYTHING is possible given enough desire and willing not to mention the prospect of fame and fortune. For this seems to be the one dimension of this case where we can all agree. We can witness a trail of money, foreign travel and a (previously, at least) constant media glare, with our own eyes. No need to consult any files or engage in speculation on THAT one.

Looking at it from another perspective, perhaps only the most banal of minds could have dreamt up and enacted such a scheme.

secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.11.13 15:20

I cannot find a thread on nanny Catriona Baker, so am posting this here:
http://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?&kw=McCann&sft=&pg=14&context=&viah=N&ord=N&smtpfx=&pl=40&stk=N&lkw=maddie&cr=-1&iso=GBR&od=G&rt=672573002&lf=722094012

Scroll down to the end of "page 11" and there you'll find November 25, 2007 pictures of Gerry/Kate/the twins AND Cat Baker ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 18.11.13 16:33

Châtelaine wrote:I cannot find a thread on nanny Catriona Baker, so am posting this here:
http://www.rexfeatures.com/search/?&kw=McCann&sft=&pg=14&context=&viah=N&ord=N&smtpfx=&pl=40&stk=N&lkw=maddie&cr=-1&iso=GBR&od=G&rt=672573002&lf=722094012

Scroll down to the end of "page 11" and there you'll find November 25, 2007 pictures of Gerry/Kate/the twins AND Cat Baker ...
Hi Chatelaine, do we know for certain that that's Cat Baker? It doesn't look like her to me.

Genbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 18.11.13 17:19

It's dated 25/11/2007 - just about the time the McCanns booked a hotel for CB and told the press to leave her alone. 

Also just after the Rothley meeting..... I think it's her. There is a topic on CB. Quite a long one. 
Brilliant find!

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genbug on 18.11.13 17:24

@tigger wrote:It's dated 25/11/2007 - just about the time the McCanns booked a hotel for CB and told the press to leave her alone. 

Also just after the Rothley meeting..... I think it's her. There is a topic on CB. Quite a long one. 
Brilliant find!
Mmm, not convinced... I remember the McCann's saying that she was in a "secret location" or something like that and she had posted on her Facebook wall that she was in Paris!

Genbug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum