The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Charlotte pennington

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Charlotte pennington

Post by solva on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:11 pm

My opinion is that the man vaguely resembling RM, whom these two guests saw in a striped shirt on morning 4th, was not RM (see photos morning 4th outside mini-reception in a plain tshirt) and not DP and not AS.

solva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:04 am

@jd wrote:

Also Willo brought up a good point "......if the McCanns knew Pennington from their time in New Zealand"

Does anyone know when the McCanns were in new Zealand and how long for?

I'm pretty convinced after reading Kate's book (online) that the McCanns did know Charlotte Pennington (aka Wighton) way before PDL. Kate talks about when she first arrived in New Zealand, being invited to go for a run with a new friend. The place she went running is a famous landmark in Auckland - One Tree Hill. One Tree Hill is 7.36 miles from Howick City Centre. Charlotte Pennington's family lived in Howick. This is far too much of a coincidence for my liking.

I also have a feeling that Charlotte Pennington could be a bit older than she says. If only I could find some of the episodes of the soap - "Shortland Street' that she appeared in. She was in 19 episodes from 1996/7 playing a character named Libby Bailey, so she would only have been 9 or 10 yr old at the time. If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated.

"Shortland Street is a New Zealand prime-time soap opera, first broadcast on Television New Zealand's TV2
on 25 May 1992. It is the country's longest-running drama and soap
opera, being broadcast continuously for over 4500 episodes and 19 years,
and is one of the most watched television programs in New Zealand. The
show centres around the domestic and professional lives of the people
who work at Shortland Street Hospital, a modern combined public-private hospital based in the fictional suburb of Ferndale, Auckland."

I'm puzzled by this article too, why is it dated 2006? that's not right, it should be 2004. She was living in the UK (electoral roll) in 2006.

http://www.times.co.nz/arts-news/young-actress-plays-winning-part.html

There's some other weird stuff too but I'll leave it there for now.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Charlotte's birthday

Post by uppatoffee on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:42 am

Daisy there is an entry on the birth register for a Charlotte Elizabeth A Pennington in Reading in March Quarter of 1987. Her mother's maiden name was Whelan. This entry fits with the birth entries for her brothers, Damien, Ciaron and Owain, although the family relocated after the first two children from Hertfordshire to Berkshire.

This would definitely put the date of the article a long way out. Year 12 in New Zealand is 16-17 years, but like you say March 2006 would put her at just having turned 19.

uppatoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Charlotte's current CV

Post by uppatoffee on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:02 am

Interestingly her current CV makes no mention of her time in Portugal.
http://www.childcare.co.uk/profile/tixilix24/ She also appears to have gone to do bar work when she was sent to Greece, rather than Nannying.

uppatoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:34 am

Here's a link to her entry in 2006 on an au pair agency website. http://www.nanny-agency.com/Nanny-Form.cfm?nid=33648

She seems now to have gone back to the name Pennington though there she says she prefers Wighton.

There's someone of the same name registered on an Australian model agency called MAMM but who was apparently 15 in 2010!

There doesn't seem to be anything clear cut about anyone involved in this case!

Back to top Go down

Summer Season Nanny

Post by uppatoffee on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:07 am

Jean according to that link she had already been a summer season nanny at Mark Warner by 2006. I have not seen any mention of that anywhere else.

uppatoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:37 am

@uppatoffee wrote:Interestingly her current CV makes no mention of her time in Portugal.
http://www.childcare.co.uk/profile/tixilix24/ She also appears to have gone to do bar work when she was sent to Greece, rather than Nannying.

I think its understandable she would leave out her brief spell in Portugal. the season was only starting. McCanns arrived late April. Charlotte was only there a few weeks. we all 'doctor' our CVs as we feel necessary, if it were me I'd leave out Portugal. I know the child didn't go missing in her care, but still as a nanny I wouldn't want to draw prospective employers attention to the fact that I was (innocently) involved in a high profile case of a missing child.

regarding the bar work, one possibility is that Charlotte wanted to get out of Portugal and asked mark Warner to move her to Greece where she had worked the previous year. there may not have been a vacancy for a nanny so they gave her other work.

I don't know if its clear whether it was Mark Warner who moved her and other staff or whether the staff wanted to get out of the situation. It seems to me it was unfair to the Portuguese police to move them so quickly as the nannys were key witnesses. I wonder if the police ever asked Mark warner why the staff were moved. It is certainly odd. They would know their staff needs and plan accordingly. The childcare facilities were a big selling point for the holidays. they employed Charlotte who has experience and relevant bits of paper in childcare and then they make her a barmaid after working as a nanny for about a month!

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:09 am

Have you read her police statements? You'll learn a lot about her. She is more than just a nanny in this scam

Apart from being one of the first on the scene on 3rd May, she also was a key witness on seeing Robert Murat, twice, one in a shop the next day, and the best one was seeing him in the middle of the dark night out at sea in a little boat, seeing who he was and kicking a small object in the boat which she thought could be Maddie...beggars belief

How can someone be so unlucky to keep being in the wrong place at the wrong time

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:28 am

Which hospital did Kate or Gerry work for in NZ/ Does anyone know/

Shibboleth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:44 am

@uppatoffee wrote:Daisy there is an entry on the birth register for a Charlotte Elizabeth A Pennington in Reading in March Quarter of 1987. Her mother's maiden name was Whelan. This entry fits with the birth entries for her brothers, Damien, Ciaron and Owain, although the family relocated after the first two children from Hertfordshire to Berkshire.

This would definitely put the date of the article a long way out. Year 12 in New Zealand is 16-17 years, but like you say March 2006 would put her at just having turned 19.

Thanks for the info uppatoffee, that's most helpful. So she's definitely 24.

The article says she was 16 at the time (in 2006), so that would mean she
was born 1990? This is so confusing, but I guess that was the plan.

The link to her new CV is rather interesting too. In the link that Jean gives (nannyagency.com) she claims: "when i was 18 months old my father got a job in new zealand- which
is where i remained for the next 17 years". Which would mean she was 18yr 6 mths when she left NZ. Yet in her new CV she claims she was working as a Live in Nanny in the UK in 2004 looking after 3 young children. Then another live-in job 2004/5 with sole charge of a newborn & 3 yr old. Phew! that's a lot of responsibility for a 17 yr old coming from the other side of the world.

I'm not really surprised she doesn't mention her time in Portugal - eek! But I do find it strange she doesn't mention her role in one of NZ's most famous TV series.

Quote Jean: There's someone of the same name registered on an Australian model agency called MAMM but who was apparently 15 in 2010!

There doesn't seem to be anything clear cut about anyone involved in this case
!"

Jean, I don't think that's the same Charlotte. But how right you are there ^. I think this has been done deliberately to muddy the waters. One thing I am pretty clear on though, is Kate mcCann knew Charlotte's family long before PDL. Of all the places Kate could have gone she ends up in Howick NZ - the place where the Pennington's lived. I refuse to buy that as just another coincidence.

Unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” 

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:54 am

Or maybe she tells lies. The resumé on the link has no mention of 2007 at all, so I think this is the *right* one. It is something I would not wish to appear on my own resumé. Kate maybe did not know of Charlotte in NZ but possibly the mother or other family members, the daughter is doing a favor for the mother.

Did John McCann not say, *we are owed many favors, it is time to call them in*, this was very early on, in 2007.

Shibboleth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:59 am

@Shibboleth wrote:Which hospital did Kate or Gerry work for in NZ/ Does anyone know/

That's what I'm trying to find out Shibboleth. It seems it was Kate who was stationed in Howick (where the Pennington's lived), Gerry's post was a considerable difference away. Here's what she says in the book:

Chapter 1

Kate: I loved my job in the neo-natal unit, and I loved working with
babies, but it was something of a baptism of fire. I was classed as a
registrar even though I had no neo-natal experience and had
junior doctors working under me who did. I was going to be
putting big, fancy lines into tiny, twenty-four-week-old babies on
my own. ‘Just give us a ring and we’ll come in for the first few, then
you’ll be fine,’ the consultant said. And I was. I just needed to get
used to the laid-back Kiwi way of doing things.

Gerry arrived in the country two months after I did but he
wasn’t exactly round the corner. His post, in general medicine and
cardiology, was in Napier – a flight or over five hours by road from
Auckland.

http://www.galaxynationalbookawards.com/extracts/2011/madeleinechapter%201.pdf

Don't know if I'm allowed to give this link? so please delete if necessary mods.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibboleth on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:06 pm

This is interesting, Charlotte the Fairy did much fund-raising for the Starship, a children's hospital in Grafton, Auckland that specializes in neonatal services.

http://www.starship.org.nz/contact-us/

Shibboleth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 pm

@uppatoffee wrote:Jean according to that link she had already been a summer season nanny at Mark Warner by 2006. I have not seen any mention of that anywhere else.

And this from the new CV: "MARK WARNER NANNY- Kos, Greece 2005- 2005
As in original."

Here's some photos from one of her several online profiles she's created. They have the date 21/4/2007, just before she 'officially' started working for MW in PDL. One of the girls in the pics is wearing a MW t.shirt, not sure if these were taken in PDL or if they're older pics from Greece. I suspect they are in Portugal but not sure. One pic features a 'Retro karaoke club', I haven't been able to locate this yet.

http://www.perfspot.com/profile.asp?uid=2FB53A77-3263-42E4-A62B-C6F7BA9684EB

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:22 pm

@Shibboleth wrote:This is interesting, Charlotte the Fairy did much fund-raising for the Starship, a children's hospital in Grafton, Auckland that specializes in neonatal services.

http://www.starship.org.nz/contact-us/

Hmmm.. nice find.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Great work guys! So kate mccann worked in Howick, New Zealand....the same town as where the Penningtons lived! And kate worked in a neonatal unit there which Charlotte was doing charity fund raising for!

I've been all over New Zealand and know how small the country and their towns are. Only the main cities like Auckland, Wellington are of any size but are small compared to European ones. Outside of the main cities the towns are tiny and you would know everyone there especially after a year

So outside the Tapas 9 group, the main ones that are involved in this scam for one reason or another are Robert Murat, Charlotte Pennington....Murat was in the UK less than half a mile from Jane Tanner a week prior, identical mobile activity as gerry in PDL, kate mccann has lived and worked in the same town on the other side of the world as the main witness nanny....these are not coincidences

Charlotte was there to do a job and planted to be a central independent witness to support the scam story. I think after they messed up the story they had to get her to also be a witness against Murat. But they showed their hand by the amount of crazy witness sightings she had to witness but they were desperate at that time. They would only trust the one they knew and had a close and trusted relationship with. Yes the mccanns probably knew the Pennington family for many years from 1995 and knew them as well as they do their Tapas 9 friends. I still can't help feeling the resemblance between Rachael Oldfield and Charlotte. Maybe kate knew the Penningtons before the New Zealand trip and they helped get her the job there in the first place?

And this must be where their love of new zealand wine stems from. Obviously an important year of their sad lives. I strongly suspect the other nanny Catriona Baker is the other plant in the scam

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Friends in NZ

Post by uppatoffee on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Jd, in the bewk Katey talks about going running with a male friend, perhaps this was Robert Pennington?

uppatoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:56 pm

@uppatoffee wrote:Jd, in the bewk Katey talks about going running with a male friend, perhaps this was Robert Pennington?

Would certainly make sense. Maybe there is another name in this scam who the male friend was that we haven't connected to NZ yet? She certainly has some sort of emotional tie to New Zealand for whatever reason

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Apart from the New Zealand White wine of course big grin

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Quote JD: "Charlotte was there to do a job and planted to be a central independent witness to support the scam story."

This ^

Agreed JD, I think we can safely assume Charlotte Pennington's relationship with the McCann's came waaaaaay before their brief association in PDL.

CP claims in her current CV that she worked as a Live- in -Nanny in the UK (2004/2005) looking after a newborn baby & a 3 yr old. I wouldn't be at all susrprised to find these details had been altered a little and the children she cared for were the Mccann children.

Unknown

Friedrich Nietzsche

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jd on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:51 pm

After finding out about Howick New Zealand it is even more all too suspicious. For somebody to be key witnesses like she is in 3 separate situations, they had to have known her well and be on the level of a close trusted friend. I think they panicked with Murat, and as a result made it too obvious who she was

jd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:25 pm

We should also not forget that there was an 'extra bed' attached to the McCann booking.

Was this originally for their nanny?

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:33 pm

Stella wrote:We should also not forget that there was an 'extra bed' attached to the McCann booking.

Was this originally for their nanny?

i read somewhere but can't remember where that their original intention was to take a nanny with them and that at the last minute the nanny let them down. Did i dream this? Would be great if someone could confirm if this was so.

pauline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:29 pm

There are various items on the Internet about the nanny who was due to go with them. The most common explanation was that she had to visit a sick relative in Canada but I haven't been able to find her name. Here's one link.

http://truthformadeleine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=60

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:44 pm

One article here that sort of mentions the nanny, strangely enough it has now been whooshed (surprise surprise) since I posted it iat the end July this year..................

[quote]
Valerie Armstrong, landlady of Rothley’s Royal Oak pub, where the McCanns sometimes go for lunch or dinner, said: “They are lovely, gentle, caring people.” She said that they would let pnly their nanny or relatives babysit the children, and chose the Mark Warner resort precisely because they thought that it was safe.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t3100-courageous-parents-who-won-respect-for-dignity-and-resolve

Don't know what "pnly" is supposed to be, anyway article on the link given is gone

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum