The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns - Musselburgh races

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Verdi on 03.08.16 15:46

@Nina wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Cmaryholmes wrote:That must have been a nice day out. Hob knobbing with the wealthy and powerful. That nice Lord Steele has always seemed very nice. Nice to be in the VIP enclosure away from the riff raff. Nice , nice, nice. Madeleine who ?
A day at the races with high society - sipping cool bubbly and nibbling caviar canapés whilst the Portuguese investigators who, against all adversity, diligently tried to solve the mystery of their precious little daughter's disappearance are just a bunch of f****** t*****s!

I'm astonished that Ms Healy's cranial adornment wasn't of the yellow/green plumage to match the highly visible good quality wristbands.

Shame on them - flaunting their arrogance without a care in the world.
It is called a fascinator @Verdi. She is isn't she? Fascinating.
Looks a bit daft to me big grin !  Is it usual to wear at a jaunty angle or is that personal affectation?



That's more like it!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3551
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Nina on 03.08.16 16:49

@Verdi wrote:
@Nina wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Cmaryholmes wrote:That must have been a nice day out. Hob knobbing with the wealthy and powerful. That nice Lord Steele has always seemed very nice. Nice to be in the VIP enclosure away from the riff raff. Nice , nice, nice. Madeleine who ?
A day at the races with high society - sipping cool bubbly and nibbling caviar canapés whilst the Portuguese investigators who, against all adversity, diligently tried to solve the mystery of their precious little daughter's disappearance are just a bunch of f****** t*****s!

I'm astonished that Ms Healy's cranial adornment wasn't of the yellow/green plumage to match the highly visible good quality wristbands.

Shame on them - flaunting their arrogance without a care in the world.
It is called a fascinator @Verdi. She is isn't she? Fascinating.
Looks a bit daft to me big grin !  Is it usual to wear at a jaunty angle or is that personal affectation?



That's more like it!
Both Verdi, it has to be jaunty and an affectation.

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re; McCann's and the races

Post by willowthewisp on 03.08.16 17:34

@Doug D wrote:Never did get to the bottom of the 2 o’clock ‘Madeleine Cup EBF Stallions Maiden Stakes’ 
that day and who put up the prize money, but the whole day was sponsored by Stobo Castle so I imagine it was Stephen Winyard.
 
This race has appeared on the calendar since 2013.
 
Stephen Winyard is of course the owner of the Scottish health spa, Stobo Castle and in 2007 offered a reward of £1 million to anyone who could provide information that leads to Madeleine's safe return.
 
He also presented the 'prestigious' Stephen Winyard award made to Dr Kate McCann and Coral Jones at the Missing People’ showcase event in London in March this year
.
Tickets are already on sale for next years ‘Stobo Castle Ladies Day’, so get in quick as the always sell out! Probably not a problem though when you hobnob with the 'gentry'!
Looks as though Stephen Wynyards reward money may not be able to be claimed then,a bit similar to the now defunct NoTW reward,eh?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1358
Reputation : 514
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by aquila on 03.08.16 22:03

The McCanns had previously encountered David Steel at their fundraising bash at Kensington Gardens. Steel was one of those who paid £150 for a ticket to attend.

This fundraiser was to mark the 1000th day since Madeleine's abduction disappearance and to put some much needed cash into the limited company's coffers with half of the proceeds going to the McCanns and the remaining half being split between Missing People and an EU equivalent charity. The McCann's fund is not a charity but a limited company, nevertheless there was, how shall I say, something symbiotic.

This is David Steel, the man who failed to have Cyril Smith investigated and was instrumental in getting him a knighthood. Would I want to stand next to him if my child had been 'taken by a paedophile'? It's obviously a rhetorical question.

The Kensington Gardens bash involved an auction. Stobo Castle also did a fundraiser with an auction.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id302.html

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by worriedmum on 03.08.16 22:56

Thanks for the link, Aquila. I have just read the articles and it prompts me to ask what treats are lined up for those people who ,when Madeleine was reported missing late at night ,gave up their time to search('physically search'). As opposed to those who didn't...

worriedmum

Posts : 1632
Reputation : 251
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Verdi on 04.08.16 12:20

@aquila wrote:The McCanns had previously encountered David Steel at their fundraising bash at Kensington Gardens. Steel was one of those who paid £150 for a ticket to attend.

This fundraiser was to mark the 1000th day since Madeleine's abduction disappearance and to put some much needed cash into the limited company's coffers with half of the proceeds going to the McCanns and the remaining half being split between Missing People and an EU equivalent charity. The McCann's fund is not a charity but a limited company, nevertheless there was, how shall I say, something symbiotic.

This is David Steel, the man who failed to have Cyril Smith investigated and was instrumental in getting him a knighthood. Would I want to stand next to him if my child had been 'taken by a paedophile'? It's obviously a rhetorical question.

The Kensington Gardens bash involved an auction. Stobo Castle also did a fundraiser with an auction.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id302.html
I remember the Richard Branson's exclusive Kensington Roof Gardens funtion and what a memorable damp squib occasion that was - a star-studded bash (so sayeth the UK tabloids) that managed to rustle-up such names as Gloria Hunniford,  Fiona Bruce,  Peter Bowles and the WOW factor - none other than  Lord David Steel.  Just look at proud Gerald standing before the camera, again looking like a David Walliams tribute act..



Gerry McCann, Martin Houghton-Brown, Chief Executive Missing People, Kate McCann and Francis Herbert, Secretary General, Missing Children Europe at a Madeleine McCann fundraiser....


I think that was about the extent of the press coverage.  It must have been a total non-event, otherwise it would have been the talking point of the year.

NB:  Lord David Steel also wrote a glowing obituary following the death of his party comrade Jeremy Thorpe - another dubious character that haunted the corridors of Westminster.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3551
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re; McCann's and the races

Post by willowthewisp on 04.08.16 12:34

Professor Gerald looks so sure of himself(male chicken)in his posing in this picture or is it just Brazened?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1358
Reputation : 514
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Nina on 04.08.16 12:34

@Verdi wrote:
@aquila wrote:The McCanns had previously encountered David Steel at their fundraising bash at Kensington Gardens. Steel was one of those who paid £150 for a ticket to attend.

This fundraiser was to mark the 1000th day since Madeleine's abduction disappearance and to put some much needed cash into the limited company's coffers with half of the proceeds going to the McCanns and the remaining half being split between Missing People and an EU equivalent charity. The McCann's fund is not a charity but a limited company, nevertheless there was, how shall I say, something symbiotic.

This is David Steel, the man who failed to have Cyril Smith investigated and was instrumental in getting him a knighthood. Would I want to stand next to him if my child had been 'taken by a paedophile'? It's obviously a rhetorical question.

The Kensington Gardens bash involved an auction. Stobo Castle also did a fundraiser with an auction.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id302.html
I remember the Richard Branson's exclusive Kensington Roof Gardens funtion and what a memorable damp squib occasion that was - a star-studded bash (so sayeth the UK tabloids) that managed to rustle-up such names as Gloria Hunniford,  Fiona Bruce,  Peter Bowles and the WOW factor - none other than  Lord David Steel.  Just look at proud Gerald standing before the camera, again looking like a David Walliams tribute act..



Gerry McCann, Martin Houghton-Brown, Chief Executive Missing People, Kate McCann and Francis Herbert, Secretary General, Missing Children Europe at a Madeleine McCann fundraiser....


I think that was about the extent of the press coverage.  It must have been a total non-event, otherwise it would have been the talking point of the year.
Are those coins thrown at their feet, or gobs of chewing gum?

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

McCann's at the races

Post by willowthewisp on 04.08.16 12:38

@Nina wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@aquila wrote:The McCanns had previously encountered David Steel at their fundraising bash at Kensington Gardens. Steel was one of those who paid £150 for a ticket to attend.

This fundraiser was to mark the 1000th day since Madeleine's abduction disappearance and to put some much needed cash into the limited company's coffers with half of the proceeds going to the McCanns and the remaining half being split between Missing People and an EU equivalent charity. The McCann's fund is not a charity but a limited company, nevertheless there was, how shall I say, something symbiotic.

This is David Steel, the man who failed to have Cyril Smith investigated and was instrumental in getting him a knighthood. Would I want to stand next to him if my child had been 'taken by a paedophile'? It's obviously a rhetorical question.

The Kensington Gardens bash involved an auction. Stobo Castle also did a fundraiser with an auction.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id302.html
I remember the Richard Branson's exclusive Kensington Roof Gardens funtion and what a memorable damp squib occasion that was - a star-studded bash (so sayeth the UK tabloids) that managed to rustle-up such names as Gloria Hunniford,  Fiona Bruce,  Peter Bowles and the WOW factor - none other than  Lord David Steel.  Just look at proud Gerald standing before the camera, again looking like a David Walliams tribute act..



Gerry McCann, Martin Houghton-Brown, Chief Executive Missing People, Kate McCann and Francis Herbert, Secretary General, Missing Children Europe at a Madeleine McCann fundraiser....


I think that was about the extent of the press coverage.  It must have been a total non-event, otherwise it would have been the talking point of the year.
Are those coins thrown at their feet, or gobs of chewing gum?
No Nina that's some of Professor Gerald's Bile spluttered from his deluded"ask the Dog's Sandra" moment?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1358
Reputation : 514
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

McCann's at the races

Post by willowthewisp on 04.08.16 12:40

@Nina wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@aquila wrote:The McCanns had previously encountered David Steel at their fundraising bash at Kensington Gardens. Steel was one of those who paid £150 for a ticket to attend.

This fundraiser was to mark the 1000th day since Madeleine's abduction disappearance and to put some much needed cash into the limited company's coffers with half of the proceeds going to the McCanns and the remaining half being split between Missing People and an EU equivalent charity. The McCann's fund is not a charity but a limited company, nevertheless there was, how shall I say, something symbiotic.

This is David Steel, the man who failed to have Cyril Smith investigated and was instrumental in getting him a knighthood. Would I want to stand next to him if my child had been 'taken by a paedophile'? It's obviously a rhetorical question.

The Kensington Gardens bash involved an auction. Stobo Castle also did a fundraiser with an auction.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id302.html
I remember the Richard Branson's exclusive Kensington Roof Gardens funtion and what a memorable damp squib occasion that was - a star-studded bash (so sayeth the UK tabloids) that managed to rustle-up such names as Gloria Hunniford,  Fiona Bruce,  Peter Bowles and the WOW factor - none other than  Lord David Steel.  Just look at proud Gerald standing before the camera, again looking like a David Walliams tribute act..



Gerry McCann, Martin Houghton-Brown, Chief Executive Missing People, Kate McCann and Francis Herbert, Secretary General, Missing Children Europe at a Madeleine McCann fundraiser....


I think that was about the extent of the press coverage.  It must have been a total non-event, otherwise it would have been the talking point of the year.
Are those coins thrown at their feet, or gobs of chewing gum?
No Nina that's some of Professor Gerald's Bile spluttered from his deluded"ask the Dog's Sandra" moment or outside of the Court in Portugal,"We'er just going around in circles, re-enactment of 3 May 2007?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1358
Reputation : 514
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Verdi on 04.08.16 12:41

@Nina wrote:Are those coins thrown at their feet, or gobs of chewing gum?
big grin  Call the dogs!

When I first saw that photograph, I recall thinking how shabby the area looks - not what one would expect of Richard Branson's renowned opulence.  In the absence of any interior photographs of the function, I even wondered if it was genuinely the exclusive Kensington Roof Gardens.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3551
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Verdi on 04.08.16 12:49

@willowthewisp wrote:Professor Gerald looks so sure of himself(male chicken)in his posing in this picture or is it just Brazened?
Posing most definitely - a la mode!


____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3551
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by aquila on 04.08.16 16:09

Take a look at Lord David Steel who proposed Cyril Smith's knighthood, despite being aware of the allegations against him.

David Steel was a member of the party run by Jeremy Thorpe who allegedly tried to organise the murder of a rent boy who was going to tell.

Is it possible/more than likely that David Steel knew about Clement Freud sharing an office with Cyril Smith?

Oh, and I believe there's a topic somewhere on the forum that has discussed Stobo castle allowing parties for swingers.

Is it any wonder why people question the sexual pecadilloes of the rich, the powerful and the establishment who immediately swooped in on the Madeleine case as the very reason for a cover up?

Just my opinion - and thanks to a friend who pointed out this information to me.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by JRP on 04.08.16 16:23

Jeremy Thorpe and Norman Scott, was a huge scandal back then, as being gay was illegal.
Hope the link works
  
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorpe_affair

JRP

Posts : 177
Reputation : 144
Join date : 2016-03-07
Age : 59
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Nina on 04.08.16 17:25

@aquila wrote:Take a look at Lord David Steel who proposed Cyril Smith's knighthood, despite being aware of the allegations against him.

David Steel was a member of the party run by Jeremy Thorpe who allegedly tried to organise the murder of a rent boy who was going to tell.

Is it possible/more than likely that David Steel knew about Clement Freud sharing an office with Cyril Smith?

Oh, and I believe there's a topic somewhere on the forum that has discussed Stobo castle allowing parties for swingers.

Is it any wonder why people question the sexual pecadilloes of the rich, the powerful and the establishment who immediately swooped in on the Madeleine case as the very reason for a cover up?

Just my opinion - and thanks to a friend who pointed out this information to me.
https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/meets/245253

____________________
Not one more cent from me.

Nina

Posts : 2627
Reputation : 215
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by plebgate on 05.08.16 11:04

@willowthewisp wrote:Katebird has been entered into the Tote trophy class one at Redcar 1st October 2016 with prize money of £175,000 for first place?
It doe's seem as though,"Katebird" will have to have sprouted bigger wings to win in this Company,when at present,the filly is at present unrated, but you never know, the horse has now qualified for Nursery Races, now where is Clement when you need him?
If they had been prosecuted for allegedly leaving their three small defenceless children alone night after night the horse could have been called jailbird.

If Rocky wins again might we see a horse called Angry Bird?

I think the way she is looking these days a horse named Old Bird could be a good name.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by plebgate on 05.08.16 11:22

@Verdi wrote:
@aquila wrote:The McCanns had previously encountered David Steel at their fundraising bash at Kensington Gardens. Steel was one of those who paid £150 for a ticket to attend.

This fundraiser was to mark the 1000th day since Madeleine's abduction disappearance and to put some much needed cash into the limited company's coffers with half of the proceeds going to the McCanns and the remaining half being split between Missing People and an EU equivalent charity. The McCann's fund is not a charity but a limited company, nevertheless there was, how shall I say, something symbiotic.

This is David Steel, the man who failed to have Cyril Smith investigated and was instrumental in getting him a knighthood. Would I want to stand next to him if my child had been 'taken by a paedophile'? It's obviously a rhetorical question.

The Kensington Gardens bash involved an auction. Stobo Castle also did a fundraiser with an auction.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id302.html
I remember the Richard Branson's exclusive Kensington Roof Gardens funtion and what a memorable damp squib occasion that was - a star-studded bash (so sayeth the UK tabloids) that managed to rustle-up such names as Gloria Hunniford,  Fiona Bruce,  Peter Bowles and the WOW factor - none other than  Lord David Steel.  Just look at proud Gerald standing before the camera, again looking like a David Walliams tribute act..



Gerry McCann, Martin Houghton-Brown, Chief Executive Missing People, Kate McCann and Francis Herbert, Secretary General, Missing Children Europe at a Madeleine McCann fundraiser....


I think that was about the extent of the press coverage.  It must have been a total non-event, otherwise it would have been the talking point of the year.

NB:  Lord David Steel also wrote a glowing obituary following the death of his party comrade Jeremy Thorpe - another dubious character that haunted the corridors of Westminster.
Wasn't that the event where most of the "stars" asked to go in by the back door as they didn't want to be seen arriving there?

Lord Steel my arris.  Never liked him.

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Verdi on 06.08.16 16:00

Well, let's leave no stone unturned..



Everton v. Liverpool FA Cup semi final 14 April 2014

I'm no good at celebrity spotting but I can easily recognize Dame Judi Dench and Amanda Holden.  Seems losing a child opened door for the McCanns - some might say 'a good marketing ploy'.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3551
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by kaz on 06.08.16 17:32

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@worriedmum wrote:I look at these pictures and I have just one word- 'WHY?'
They're "all in it together"?
And that's the million dollar question. What is 'it?'

kaz

Posts : 328
Reputation : 271
Join date : 2014-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re; McCann's

Post by willowthewisp on 07.08.16 15:21

@Verdi wrote:Well, let's leave no stone unturned..



Everton v. Liverpool FA Cup semi final 14 April 2014

I'm no good at celebrity spotting but I can easily recognize Dame Judi Dench and Amanda Holden.  Seems losing a child opened door for the McCanns - some might say 'a good marketing ploy'.
Quick Gerry, turn to your left there's Wojech Kroweschy

willowthewisp

Posts : 1358
Reputation : 514
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Cmaryholmes on 07.08.16 17:27

Tommy Steele next to Judi Dench ???

Cmaryholmes

Posts : 148
Reputation : 205
Join date : 2016-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Richard IV on 07.08.16 18:02

Kate McCann`s eyes focusing on the person who`s taking the picture and smirking - not really interested in the game at all.

Richard IV

Posts : 525
Reputation : 248
Join date : 2015-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Verdi on 08.08.16 0:10

@willowthewisp wrote:
@Verdi wrote:Well, let's leave no stone unturned..



Everton v. Liverpool FA Cup semi final 14 April 2014

I'm no good at celebrity spotting but I can easily recognize Dame Judi Dench and Amanda Holden.  Seems losing a child opened door for the McCanns - some might say 'a good marketing ploy'.
Quick Gerry, turn to your left there's Wojech Kroweschy
laugh  I'm liking it! 
After working out left from right (always a problem), I was wavering between Jonathan Ross and Tom Cruise.  Told you - hopeless I am

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3551
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns - Musselburgh races

Post by Verdi on 08.08.16 0:14

@Cmaryholmes wrote:Tommy Steele next to Judi Dench ???
I think you've got it..



Well spotted - and an Everton supporter.

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3551
Reputation : 2066
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum