The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)

Post by hentie on 15.06.16 10:50

@pennylane wrote:
@hentie wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:Snipped from Tony Bennett Yesterday at 11:42 pm

“His response to our catalogue of horrors was merely to raise an eyebrow. Clement had this way of making everything seem a little less terrible. When he heard about the [sniffer] dogs [which had indicated the scent of death in the McCann’s hire car], he remarked laconically, ‘So what are they going to do? Put them on the stand? One bark for yes, two for no?’

I find the above quote rather explosive.
I agree.
So Clement Freud's raising of an eyebrow could make the 'abduction' of her daughter less terrible!!
Next time something horrible happens in my life, I must ask those around me to raise an eyebrow!

So Kate, Gerry and Clement had a good scoff at the blood and cadaver dog alerts in the locations where poor Maddie was last seen alive. What an interesting group the three of them make!
One thing's for sure, I wouldn't want to go on holiday with them or have them as my friends.

You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep.

hentie
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NEWSFLASH - The late Sir Clement Freud, resident of Praia da Luz and friend of the McCanns, exposed as a serial paedophile, Lady Freud apologises, Operation Grange to investigate McCann-Freud links (Daily Telegraph 14 Jun 2016)

Post by jeanmonroe on 15.06.16 10:53

This all 'might' be getting 'uncomfortably close' to 'our' Rupe.

I'm pretty sure EM 'met' her 'father-in-law' on more than one 'occaision'!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 15.06.16 11:06

@hentie wrote:
@pennylane wrote:
@hentie wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:Snipped from Tony Bennett Yesterday at 11:42 pm

“His response to our catalogue of horrors was merely to raise an eyebrow. Clement had this way of making everything seem a little less terrible. When he heard about the [sniffer] dogs [which had indicated the scent of death in the McCann’s hire car], he remarked laconically, ‘So what are they going to do? Put them on the stand? One bark for yes, two for no?’

I find the above quote rather explosive.
I agree.
So Clement Freud's raising of an eyebrow could make the 'abduction' of her daughter less terrible!!
Next time something horrible happens in my life, I must ask those around me to raise an eyebrow!

So Kate, Gerry and Clement had a good scoff at the blood and cadaver dog alerts in the locations where poor Maddie was last seen alive. What an interesting group the three of them make!
One thing's for sure, I wouldn't want to go on holiday with them or have them as my friends.

You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep.

Indeed so!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 15.06.16 11:24

@jeanmonroe wrote:This all 'might' be getting 'uncomfortably close' to 'our' Rupe.

I'm pretty sure EM 'met' her 'father-in-law' on more than one 'occaision'!

I wonder how The Sun and The Times are reporting this?

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier on 15.06.16 11:27

@Mirage wrote:Just seen this on Sky. I knew he was a wrong un. 

What number coincidence is this? Lost count.
One coincidence
two coincidences
three coincidences and 4
5 coincidences
6 coincidences…... now more and more and more!
All the known "coincidences" in this case are truly remarkable. nod

tinkier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 15.06.16 11:37

More column inches for the gruesome twosome, and more work for the pink pimping pimp.  It's a job for life!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 15.06.16 11:40

fingers crossed

Maybe chickens are coming home to roost for friends of McCanns - Philip Green being put through the wringer at the Select Committee today as well.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 15.06.16 11:46

The McCanns are reportedly 'appaled that Freud was discovered to be a paedophile'. ........ Is that because they are appaled at what he did or appaled that people may be looking into the paedophlie ring he may be connected to?

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkier on 15.06.16 11:47

@pennylane wrote:More column inches for the gruesome twosome, and more work for the pink pimping pimp.  It's a job for life!
"The pink pimping pimp" Love it!  big grin

tinkier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hentie on 15.06.16 11:52

Madeleine taken by a paedophile, comment by Gerry.
The Gasper statements.
Bathing of the other children within the group by Payne.
The provocative photos of Madeleine that were released.
Yvonne Martin believing she had met Paine in her area of work in child protection.
Now we know that the McC's were entertained by Clement Freud outed as a paedophile.
Not forgetting Philomena's husband and his fetish.
Jon Corner's inappropriate description of Madeleine.

All in all a very unsavoury train of matters that give rise to concern....yet ignored by those who should be dealing with the matter of a missing child.

hentie
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 15.06.16 11:59

How Clement Freud invited Kate and Gerry McCann for lunch after Madeleine disappeared 3/58

The Telegraph
By Gordon Rayner, Chief Reporter9 hrs ago

Freud exposed as paedophile as police urged to probe McCann links

The famous members of the Freud dynasty

Previous Slide

Next Slide

Kate and Gerry McCann were two months into the search for their missing daughter Madeleine when they received a letter out of the blue.

It was from Sir Clement Freud, inviting them for a meal at his holiday home in Praia da Luz, a short drive from the Ocean Club, where Madeleine had vanished on May 3, 2007.

“I’m embarrassed to admit that Gerry and I thought this letter was a hoax,” Mrs McCann wrote in her book, Madeleine.

Gerry McCann phoned the number on the letter, discovered it was not a prank, and the next day the McCanns were at Freud’s villa with their twins Sean and Amelie, plus three friends who had stayed in Portugal to help them.

Freud, 83, broke the ice by offering them strawberry vodka.

“I’m usually very intimidated by people with brains the size of planets,” wrote Mrs McCann, “but Clement was incredibly warm, funny and instantly likeable.”

He cooked a “bloody marvellous” meal of watercress and egg salad followed by a chicken and mushroom risotto, “the best risotto we’ve ever tasted before or since”.

Mrs McCann wrote: “Clement cheered us up with his lugubrious wit, and would continue to do so by email after his return to England.”

By August 31, after spending a few weeks in England, Freud was back in Portugal and called Gerry McCann as soon as he arrived.

Freud made a joke out of newspaper reports that Mr McCann was close to a breakdown. “Thank God for people like Clement who kept us smiling,” Mrs McCann wrote.

On the day the McCanns were formally made suspects in the investigation in September 2007, they had been due to go to dinner at Freud’s house again, but cancelled it.

Nevertheless, he rang them at 9.50pm that night to invite them for a drink, while warning them: “You’ll have to forgive my night-time attire.”

Mrs McCann recalled: “We found Clement watching a cookery programme, dressed, as promised, in his nightshirt. It was so ordinary and comforting, a bit like going to see your grandad after a horrible day at school.

“He gave me one of his looks and a giant glass of brandy, and managed to get a smile out of me with his greeting: ‘So, Kate, which of the devout Catholic, alcoholic, depressed, nymphomaniac parts is correct?’

“He was right, of course; it was ridiculous. A couple of hours later, fortified by our brandies (it was my first-ever taste of the stuff), some useful snippets of advice and several amusing anecdotes, we left our friend feeling quite a bit better than we had when we’d arrived.”

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by springer on 15.06.16 12:18

I have read that Freud was not in Portugal at the time of Madeleine's disappearance, but does anyone know his whereabouts at this time and during the previous week?

springer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 15.06.16 12:29

G
@plebgate wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:"Nic....NIC! Iz found the missing piece of the puzzle ain't i! It musta been that Clammy Freud geezer wot 'smashed' the shutter, wot Ka£e told us, and the world, about'

"How so Detective Bright?"

"Wiv hiz zimmer frame, of course, innit! He wuz 83 weren't he?"

"Brilliant, Bright! The 'plebs' will deffo buy that!

'One last booze run to Portugal, Ma'am?"

"I dunno, we've only got £95 grand left in the 'kitty' for this year, oh go on then! Yuse guys get me every time!"
Yeah an 83 year old with his zimmer frame who didn't leave any DNA in the apartment, not even a splash of strawberry vodka was found.

Why not, the pensioner upstairs, of similar age, on her own, chased off a burglar and grabbed him by the ankles as he leapt through her third storey window.  

Was Freud that burglar too? big grin

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 15.06.16 12:31

@tinkier wrote:
@pennylane wrote:More column inches for the gruesome twosome, and more work for the pink pimping pimp.  It's a job for life!
"The pink pimping pimp" Love it!  big grin

Fits him so well doesn't it!  hello Then there's his 'stable' of sleazy journalists at Sky News and elsewhere, willing to commit the  indecent act of reporting whatever he so desired, no matter how baseless, morally bankrupt, or xenophobic..... all for a fast buck!  One hand washes the other, but neither comes out clean.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

REF; Newsflash Clement Freud

Post by willowthewisp on 15.06.16 12:34

So the Metropolitan Police are to investigate the unveiling of Clement Freud as part of the missing Madeleine McCann, Operation Grange,didn't the Metropolitan Police already investigate the possible Paedophile involvement in 2007/08 and connections to European rapes and Murders,involving MI 5/6 in the process?
Would anyone care to peruse the Anngirfan site on the latest Madeleine McCann posting, be aware it is a very long piece of writing and involves a huge amount of people if they are Right, a World wide issue?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 15.06.16 12:42

I don't think for one moment that Clement Freud has anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance. What I am questioning is, all the sleazy fraudsters and criminals that seem to surround the McCanns. I won't mention them as they are well known, but this association with the paedophile, Frued, is just one to coincidences too many.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 15.06.16 12:42

@sharonl wrote:G
@plebgate wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:"Nic....NIC! Iz found the missing piece of the puzzle ain't i! It musta been that Clammy Freud geezer wot 'smashed' the shutter, wot Ka£e told us, and the world, about'

"I dunno, we've only got £95 grand left in the 'kitty' for this year, oh go on then! Yuse guys get me every time!"
Yeah an 83 year old with his zimmer frame who didn't leave any DNA in the apartment, not even a splash of strawberry vodka was found.

Why not, the pensioner upstairs, of similar age, on her own, chased off a burglar and grabbed him by the ankles as he leapt through her third storey window.  

Oh err don't give the papers idea Sharonl.  They may well be able to find a "friend"  who could confirm he turned into Super Gramp with enough strawberry vodkas in him.

It would all be rubbish of course  laughat

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 15.06.16 13:08

@plebgate wrote:
@sharonl wrote:G
@plebgate wrote:

Oh err don't give the papers idea Sharonl.  They may well be able to find a "friend"  who could confirm he turned into Super Gramp with enough strawberry vodkas in him.

It would all be rubbish of course  laughat
A "Strawberry Vodka!!  Now there's a drink!!!  If this wasn't all so serious it'd put me in mind of...

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 15.06.16 13:42

Mark Watts (Exaro) tweets from this morning:

P J ‏‪@Pamper48 5h5 hours ago
‪@MarkWatts_1@exaronews Was the Clement Freud abuse on your radar Mark?

Mark Watts ‏‪@MarkWatts_1 3h3 hours ago

. ‪@pamper48 ‪@exaronews No, Clement Freud was not on my radar. But plenty of others are, still yet to be named...

Mark Watts ‏‪@MarkWatts_1 3h3 hours ago

. ‪@pamper48 Clement Freud... Britain must brace itself for more shocks.

………………………………………….

Surprising that he (CF) wasn’t, but he is certainly aware of others under investigation that are not yet in the public domain.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 15.06.16 13:46

@sallypelt wrote:I don't think for one moment that Clement Freud has anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance. What I am questioning is, all the sleazy fraudsters and criminals that seem to surround the McCanns. I won't mention them as they are well known, but this association with the paedophile, Frued, is just one to coincidences too many.

Why would you not think it for one moment? People with his 'interests' have paid to indulge those interests before, parents with the same interests minimise the harm to the kids for their own gain. I wouldn't just jump at this route for no reason but there is no reason not to believe K. Gaspar's statement.  Together with the bathing of other people's kids and the discrepencies in statements about D Payne visiting the apartment at bath time are concerning to say the least....and now this connection to a wealthy establishment figure and abuser.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 15.06.16 14:02

Let me clarify. I am reading on social media, today, about the possibility of an 83 year old man, going into the apartment, and other strange claims. I don't believe that Freud was ever in the apartment.  As it stands,  all we have is Freud contacting the McCanns AFTER the fact. Did they know him BEFORE Madeleine went missing? To date, there has been nothing to suggest that they did know each other.

Having said that, I am having great difficulty believing that the McCanns are that naïve, that they constantly, unknowingly,  surround themselves with such shady people.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 15.06.16 14:08

@sallypelt wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:
@sallypelt wrote:I don't think for one moment that Clement Freud has anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance. What I am questioning is, all the sleazy fraudsters and criminals that seem to surround the McCanns. I won't mention them as they are well known, but this association with the paedophile, Frued, is just one to coincidences too many.

Why would you not think it for one moment? People with his 'interests' have paid to indulge those interests before, parents with the same interests minimise the harm to the kids for their own gain. I wouldn't just jump at this route for no reason but there is no reason not to believe K. Gaspar's statement.  Together with the bathing of other people's kids and the discrepencies in statements about D Payne visiting the apartment at bath time are concerning to say the least....and now this connection to a wealthy establishment figure and abuser.
Let me clarify. I am reading on social media, today, about the possibility of an 83 year old man, going into the apartment, and other strange claims. I don't believe that Freud was ever in the apartment.  As it stands,  all we have is Freud contacting the McCanns AFTER the fact. Did they know him BEFORE Madeleine went missing? To date, there have been nothing to suggest that they did know each other.

Having said that, I am having great difficulty believing that the McCanns are that naïve, that they constantly, unknowingly,  surround themselves with such shady people.

I'm inclined to agree sally.  The Mc's saw it as a headline opportunity that would hopefully give them some much needed credibility.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 15.06.16 14:33

One of the things I found very odd and which led me to suspect the McCanns when Maddie first went missing was the way numerous celebrities rallied round them and invited them over for drinks or dinner. I find it very unlikely that they didn't know each other before. I've never seen the like in the media, where a child goes missing and all of a sudden he parents are catapulted to celebrity status. Normally when celebrities offer some help it is in the form of funding or a very public appearance or endorsement.
I imagine myself as a celebrity or indeed any person living in that area.. If I heard about Madeleine going missing would I randomly invite the parents, people I didn't know round for drinks? I don't think so.
I believe the McCanns were already connected to this circle and it becomes particularly relevant in light of the Gaspar statements.

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum