The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Tennis coach Dan Stuk

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tennis coach Dan Stuk

Post by DENNISSALLY on 09.06.16 0:26

Guest wrote:Rather than opening topic after topic in this section with questions, perhaps we can have a general thread where new members can ask any questions or raise points they wish to discuss.

There are rather too many new threads being opened with only a couple of posts in some, which is resulting in popular debate threads being knocked down the forum.

So please post your queries, questions etc. here.
I have just watched the brilliant Richard D Hall's 'The True Story of Madeleine McCann' and he went over in great detail the botched statements of KM & GM and the very suspicious David Payne's contradictory mutterings of who was there and not there the day Madeleine supposedly was abducted.

I truly got Richard's point of this as it's vital info to prove Madeleine was alive at 5pm or 6pm on the 3rd of May.  I have tried to look up but failed as to who was the tennis coach that played with GM that day?  Was he interviewed and if so what timescale did he say he played with GM.  Gerry, Kate and creepy Payne gave such contradictory versions of events that evening I am just wondering if anyone on this amazing forum could clear up for me what the tennis coach said as I can't find his statement anywhere or his name.

Changing the route a little, but anyone in doubt about the cadaver dogs and their abilities should look it up on YouTube as there is a magnificent clip on how these wonderful dogs work to locate remains even 10ft underground and they by-passed rotting animal remains that were put there to throw the dogs off the scent.  I am only a newbie so don't know yet know about links and how to put it them on here, however, the belief of the handlers in their dogs paid off as the 3 dogs picked the same sites and together the animals worked together and did not give up due to the trust their handlers had in them and remains found and conviction had.  

Appreciate any answer to my above question and apologies for going off track a little.

DENNISSALLY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tennis coach Dan Stuk

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.06.16 8:45

@DENNISSALLY wrote:
Guest wrote:Rather than opening topic after topic in this section with questions, perhaps we can have a general thread where new members can ask any questions or raise points they wish to discuss.

There are rather too many new threads being opened with only a couple of posts in some, which is resulting in popular debate threads being knocked down the forum.

So please post your queries, questions etc. here.
I have just watched the brilliant Richard D Hall's 'The True Story of Madeleine McCann' and he went over in great detail the botched statements of KM & GM and the very suspicious David Payne's contradictory mutterings of who was there and not there the day Madeleine supposedly was abducted.

I truly got Richard's point of this as it's vital info to prove Madeleine was alive at 5pm or 6pm on the 3rd of May.  I have tried to look up but failed as to who was the tennis coach that played with GM that day?  Was he interviewed and if so what timescale did he say he played with GM.  Gerry, Kate and creepy Payne gave such contradictory versions of events that evening I am just wondering if anyone on this amazing forum could clear up for me what the tennis coach said as I can't find his statement anywhere or his name.

Changing the route a little, but anyone in doubt about the cadaver dogs and their abilities should look it up on YouTube as there is a magnificent clip on how these wonderful dogs work to locate remains even 10ft underground and they by-passed rotting animal remains that were put there to throw the dogs off the scent.  I am only a newbie so don't know yet know about links and how to put it them on here, however, the belief of the handlers in their dogs paid off as the 3 dogs picked the same sites and together the animals worked together and did not give up due to the trust their handlers had in them and remains found and conviction had.  

Appreciate any answer to my above question and apologies for going off track a little.
Welcome @ DENNISSALLY and thank you for your kind comment on the forum.

On the subject of Richard Hall's 'True Story' film, that has now had over 1 million views on YouTube alone, plus hundreds of thousands of more on his own sites and through his DVD sales. It continues to attract over 2,000 new views every day. His second Madeleine film, 'The Phantoms', deals with the bogus abductors produced by a variety of people, and has had over 140,000 YouTube views to date, while his third Madeleine film, 'When Madeleine Died?', has already notched up over 170,000 YouTube views since it was launched in late February, an average of 1,650 views a day so far.

The tennis coach was Dan Stuk and I've copied and pasted his entire statement below. I have reasons for doubting his evidence about 3 May and if you want me to explain, please come back to me. The relevant part of his statement is highlighted in red:

============================== 

Official Witness Questioning
Date of activity: 2007/05/08 Hour: 18H30 Locale: Praia da Luz
Executing Official: Maria Jos? Ratnos, Inspectora
Name: DANIEL JAMES STUK
Birthplace: Grimsby - N.E Lincolnshire Country : UK
Nationality: British Date of birth: 1978/**/**
Residence: Praia da Luz
Post Code: Telephone:
Marital status: Profession: Tennis instructor
Work location: Mark Warner The Ocean Club Praia da Luz
Telephone: Fax:
Identity document: verbal identification Issued on by

Appears in these case documents as a witness.

Due to the witness being British and not having mastered the Portuguese language, the present declarations are taken in the presence of RJQE Murat, a translator named in the official record.

He is a functionary of [employed by] the tourist operator Mark Warner, working as a tennis instructor in the precinct of the Ocean Club resort

Asked, he relates that he usually works from 09:00 to 19:30 and has his day-off on Saturday.

Asked, the deponent relates that the only tennis instructors of Mark Warner are himself and his colleague called GEORGINA.

The deponent started to work in Portugal, in the indicated functions and place, on 23 March last, having concluded a contract with Mark Warner in England with those conditions.

Questioned, he relates that he knew the McCann family as part of his work, since he gave them tennis lessons, as a couple, parents of the missing Madeleine, as well as the other couples who accompanied them.

He reports that the group iniciated contact with the tennis instructors on the 29 April, the day immediately after their arrival at the Ocean Club.

His colleague Georgina has the calendar of classes given by her and by him to the McCann couple.

He relates that a first lesson of instruction was done in the morning of 29 April, it being that, on that day, they had no more lessons.

On the following days the parents of Madeleine, whom the deponent identified as Gerry and Kate McCann, scheduled 16 tennis classes, together and/or separately, at different times of the morning or afternoon, classes that were conducted by either him or by Georgina depending on their booking calendar.

Questioned about the class times of G&K McCann on last Thursday, 3 May, he related that the mother of MBM had a group class at 09-10h00 conducted by Georgina; the father had a group class at 10-11h00 conducted by him.

Later, at 15-15h45, the couple had a private class, together, conducted by him - and finally, GM participated in the men's social tennis event at 18-19h00.

Questioned about whether, yesterday, he had conducted tennis lessons for an individual called Jeremy Wilkins, who was commonly known as Jez, the deponent relates that that individual booked, and attended, some tennis lessons and that all of those had been given by him.

He relates that, as they had group lessons together GM and Jez had had some conversations, but he thinks that it is only because they shared some classes and that those [conversations] will not have given rise to a firm friendship, but rather to a simple acquaintanceship due to which they would have conversed when they met each other.

Questioned about the couple and their behaviour, both between the family and with the other group members, the deponent relates that he never noted any issue between them, and that the behaviour of everyone was like any other group of tourists that take their holidays in the resort every day.

There never appeared any problem between them and other people. It being asked of him, the deponent relates that the McCann couple and the remaining group members had often been together, not always all of them, but the majority of the people were sociable with each other.

He relates that they spent most of the day within the OC resort, in the pool, also they went to the beach but they did not use any of the OC activities there, and they centred their attention on the developed activities of the resort, it being that the couple preferred, unquestionably, tennis.

The four couples had children who were, for part of the day, under the care of the child care workers of the Ocean Club.

Questioned, he relates that he does not know where the group took their meals or under what circumstances.

Asked if at some time he was aware of the presence of some individual who had watched the group, whether the adults or the children, he relates that no, he never had the perception of any situation that aroused his curiosity and that everyone acted normally just like any group of friends on holiday.

Because it was asked of him, he relates that he knew about the disappearance of little MBM that same night, about 22h20, because he was contacted by a resort worker having attended and participated in the searches.

Prompted, he affirms that he has no further useful information that might help in locating MBM or that may have led to the disappearance.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAN-STUK.htm

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 09.06.16 18:31

Kate and Gerry probably did play tennis like this in order to convey the an impression of normality. MM was well out of the way by then IMO.

Anyone remember the final chapter of 'The 39 Steps' by John Buchan where Richard Hannay pursues the Black Stone gang to their clifftop hideout where Hannay is thrown into self doubt by the normality of those he believed to be German spies -

'I found a place farther up the hill, in the garden of an empty house. From there I had a full view of the court, on which two figures were having a game of tennis. One was the old man, whom I had already seen; the other was a younger fellow, wearing some club colours in the scarf round his middle. They played with tremendous zest, like two city gents who wanted hard exercise to open their pores. You couldn't conceive a more innocent spectacle. They shouted and laughed and stopped for drinks, when a maid brought out two tankards on a salver. I rubbed my eyes and asked myself if I was not the most immortal fool on earth.'

But German spies they were!

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DENNISSALLY on 09.06.16 20:31

Thank you I would really be interested in your views on the tennis coach and why his statement is in doubt.

I find the different accounts of  KM GM and DP so strange on the 3rd of May for example DP and his weird way of describing the 3 children as looking immaculate and all at peace. It comes across to me like he was definitely over playing The cover up.  Kate said she was dressed in a towel and the length of time he visited and his reasons for visiting.  How could their last day be so blurred with the three of them saying different times and reasons and if my memory serves me correctly didn't Fiona Payne say she visited the McCanns with DP?

DENNISSALLY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 09.06.16 23:35

@DENNISSALLY wrote:Thank you, I would really be interested in your views on the tennis coach and why his statement is in doubt.
Here is an extract from Dr Kate McCann's statement to the police on 6 September 2007, the day before she was made an 'arguida' = suspect. Here she deals with evidence of how she and Gerry played tennis together from about 3.30pm to 4.30pm, in a tennis lesson, and then, quote...  

"The lesson ended an hour later, at around 4:30 p.m. Gerry continued playing tennis with a guest called JULIAN who belonged to his tennis group, while she went for a jog along the beach…"

The essential problem with Dan Stuk's evidence is that it conflicts with other evidence about Gerry playing tennis that afternoon. There are multiple sources for this, including:

* All the statements of the McCanns
*The statement of Dan Stuk
* Articles by Bridget O'Donnell and David James Smith.

I would recommend you read them all and see what a complex mess of stories there are about Gerry and tennis on 3rd May. More than likely HideHo here has got an analysis of all the discrepancies about the tennis evidence - it's the kind of analysis she excels in. I don't have a reference to hand right now.

For a light-hearted look at some of the events of 3rd May and some of the many contradictions surrounding them, these two chapters from Montmorillonite's unpublished book 'Gerry McCann's Reverie' is one way to start looking at the issues:

==================================================================== 

CHAPTER 12

'GERRY'S NEW TENNIS STROKE - THE BACKSPIN DROP SHOT'

Of course, they might have been crying for a few minutes in between their half-hourly-or-so checks. Either Gerry or Kate had said: ‘We perhaps ought to check on them a bit more often tonight’. The other had agreed. Gerry struggled to recall which of them had made that suggestion, and whether they had actually agreed any specific plan to check more often than they had done before. It had been half-hourly checking. He couldn’t actually remember whether they had decided to increase that to every 20 minutes or not.

By about ten past nine, the children were ready for the crèche. As usual, they went happily into the ‘Kid’s Club’, as it was called. First Gerry had taken Madeleine down to the club; then, 20 minutes later, Kate had gone down with the twins, who took longer to get ready.

‘See you later’, Kate and Gerry had said cheerily to the twins as they had sauntered off down to spend an hour or two on the beach. It was absolutely clear by now that Madeleine and Sean couldn’t have been upset by their spot of crying last night - if indeed they really had been crying. Perhaps they had even made it up, pondered Gerry. They had obviously forgotten all about it, anyway.

Gerry couldn’t recall what they’d done next. It had been quite a sunny day, though not that warm, so probably they had sat around in the sun, perhaps wandered into town to do some shopping and have a mid-morning coffee by the harbour somewhere. Or perhaps they’d played tennis? No, that was the afternoon.

Then he suddenly remembered. Of course! That nice Bridget O’Donnell had written it up in her fine article for ‘The Guardian’, just before Christmas. Now, what was it she’d said? Ah yes! He remembered. This was what she’d written:

“Earlier that day there had been tennis lessons for the children, with some of the parents watching proudly as their girls ran across the court chasing tennis balls. They took photos. Madeleine must have been there, but I couldn't distinguish her from the others. They all looked the same - all blonde, all pink and pretty.

“Jes and Gerry were playing on the next court. Afterwards, we sat by the pool and Gerry and Kate talked enthusiastically to the tennis coach about the following day's tournament. We watched them idly - they had a lot of time for people, they listened.

“Then Gerry stood up and began showing Kate his new tennis stroke. She looked at him and smiled. "You wouldn't be interested if I talked about my tennis like that," Jes said to me. We watched them some more. Kate was calm, still, quietly beautiful; Gerry was confident, proud, silly, strong. She watched his boyish demonstration with great seriousness and patience. That was the last time I saw them that day. Jes saw Gerry that night”.

Gerry mused. Yes, all those young girls playing tennis, they had indeed all been ‘blonde, pink and pretty’. And, yes, O’Donnell, bless her, was right! She’d said: ‘They all looked the same’. How true that was! Yes, how very true that was. Perhaps, he reasoned, that was why, to date, a total of 5,783 people had reported seeing Madeleine in countries as far away as Spain, Belgium, Germany, Morocco, Malta and even Venezuela. Oh, and now he came to think of it, wasn’t there a ‘sighting’ in Brazil? And another in the U.S.A.? And Croatia, yes, and Bosnia. Or was it called Bosnia-Herzegovina?

The cost had been phenomenal - millions of pounds of police time and efforts had been spent across the globe investigating these sightings of small, blonde girls. It was not something Gerry and Kate ever stopped to think about, however. There were, after all, much more important considerations, like which company would do the next TV interview or documentary and what their fee - which would of course be donated in full to the Helping to Find Madeleine Trust Fund - would be.

Dear old Bridget had really done them proud. His mind dwelt on and relished the compliments. “They had a lot of time for people, they listened”. It was almost like music in Gerry’s ears. ‘The listening couple’, he thought. ‘The couple who care enough to listen’. ‘The couple who always had time’. ‘The caring, listening couple’. He even softly whispered the words to himself: “They had a lot of time for people, they listened”. The sound comforted him, and obliterated any reminder of the fact that he hadn’t been there to hear Madeleine screaming and sobbing: ‘Daddy, Daddy’ for 75 minutes on the Tuesday evening. If, that is, that old bat Pamela Fenn really did hear what she claimed to have heard.

And Bridget had described Kate as “Calm, still, quietly beautiful”. He paused. ‘Calm’. ‘Still’. Yes, that was his Kate all right. The Portuguese police were obviously lying through their sardine-munching teeth when they had claimed that Kate had twice gone berserk, once when the police came to search their rented house in Praia da Luz and again when she was interviewed under caution in September. Lies, lies, lies. She was ‘calm, still’. And what about all those newspaper headlines: ‘Kate fury at this’, ‘Kate fury at that’? Just more lies.

And he visibly beamed as he recalled how Kate had practically drooled over his brilliant new tennis stroke. It had been the so-called ‘drop shot’. The technique of the drop shot, which had been perfected by the Spanish tennis ace Manuel Santana - or ‘Manolo’ as he was better known - in the 1960s, was to make your stroke look like a powerful backhand drive, but at the last minute you dropped the racquet slightly to produce heavy backspin on the ball. The result was that your opponent would anticipate a drive coming right down to the baseline, but instead, the heavy backspin would cause the ball to lob gently over the net and drop a few feet the other side of the net. The hapless opponent would be stranded the other side of the baseline, and would only be aware that it was a drop shot at the very last minute. The opponent would then make a mad dash to the net, hoping to reach the ball before it bounced twice. But it would be futile. The opponent had been deceived by the back spin.

Yes, drooled Gerry. Heavy back spin to deceive your opponent and make him look a fool, and win a valuable point. He loved it!

In fact, he thought, the principle of heavy back spin to deceive opponents could have quite a wide application.

And, quite rightly, Kate had smiled and admired, admired and smiled. Bridget had written that Jes had said to her: “You wouldn't be interested if I talked about my tennis like that”. A shame, thought Gerry, that Jes wasn’t as brilliant as him and therefore Bridget was less admiring of her partner than Kate was of him. No wonder so many of their relatives and friends had described him and Kate s ‘the perfect couple’.

Back he went in his mind to collecting the children from the crèche, at about 12.30pm, as usual. They had taken them back to the apartment for a spot of lunch, and afterwards gone to the poolside to relax.

There was, of course, proof of their being by the poolside that lunch-time, namely the famous ‘Last Photo’ of Gerry with Amelie and Sean, taken at precisely 2.29pm. Well, the time on the photo actually showed 1.29pm, but allowing for summer time it was really taken at 2.29pm, European summer time.

Gerry brought that photograph clearly into focus in his mind. He had seen it ten thousand times, and knew every detail about it.

He was wearing sunglasses, looking at the camera, and appearing preoccupied and glum. Just as he had done on that ’bus trip to the plane, where his moodiness had been noted by one of his cheerful holiday friends. ‘Cheer up Gerry, we’re on ’oliday’, one of his Doctor friends had said, trying to liven him up.

The video of this ’bus trip had been posted on YouTube. The video camera, he recalled, had been held by Fiona Payne. But what had possessed her to put it up on YouTube? On the video, Gerry had been heard to reply to his Doctor friend: ‘F___ off’, or that’s certainly what it sounded like. It had miffed him greatly that one of his party had posted that clip up on to the Internet. It didn’t portray him in a very good light - moodily swearing in front of the ladies of the party and all the children.

Gerry couldn’t bring to mind why he’d been in such a bad mood at the airport, though he’d also been heard to say: “I’m not here to enjoy myself”. Nor could he remember why, at 2.29pm on Thursday 3rd May, he had also been staring glumly into the camera. Amelie was sat beside him, looking ahead. Kate had taken the photograph, with Sean beside her. And then there was Madeleine. How thoroughly happy and contented she looked on that last photo. She was clearly tickled pink by something amusing happening somewhere to her left. Her tongue was slightly sticking out, in that involuntary facial gesture which speaks of a child whose pleasure in something is so great that they cannot fully contain themselves. Her feet were dangling into the pool. Her hair had a bead in it, though some had mistakenly thought it was a large elastic band.

It was scandalous that people thought he had photoshopped Madeleine into that photograph. Disgusting in fact. Yet, though he scratched his head and thought about it, he still could not account for why it had taken him three whole weeks to produce that photo to the Portuguese police - and only upon his return from a two-day trip to England. People had accused him of taking Kate’s digital camera, on which that last ’photo had been taken, back to England. Well, so he had. But not for the purpose of falsifying a photograph. Maybe he had just been too busy campaigning, arranging to visit the White House and the Pope, etc. to bother about the tiny detail of getting out a photo of Madeleine on the day she had been abducted.

He sighed as that last photographic image of Madeleine remained fixed in his mind. He reached over for his glass and hurriedly took another gulp before emptying some more win into it. As he did so, he noticed a bit of a change in the weather. The wispy cirrus clouds he had gazed at earlier were being replaced at quite a pace by a layer of much lower, strato-cumulus clouds, which made an attractive pattern against the western portion of sky. In the distance, he noted a grey-white lenticular-shaped cloud. He thought nothing of it; the sun was still shining brightly, and it was hot. There was still no sign of Kate.

They’d taken the children back to the crèche immediately after that last photo was taken, unusually arriving about 10 minutes late. They’d then gone back to the pool for a while, where they absorbed the heat of the day, before he and Kate had drifted across to the tennis court, where he was due to play tennis with Julian. He and Kate had arrived at the tennis court around half past three, and Julian had arrived shortly afterwards. Kate, as usual, had been happy to just sit and watch and simply admire his increasing prowess at tennis.

End of Chapter 12

CHAPTER 13

'ACHILLES TENDON INJURY STOPS PLAY'

Gerry had begun his tennis game with Julian in fine form. He won the first set at a canter, 6-2. After that, however, his Achilles tendon started to play up. As he became less mobile around the court, Julian’s confidence increased. His serve became stronger, his passing shots more accurate, the percentage of clean volleys nearly 100%. Gerry was forced to resort to more and more lobbing, which his opponent dealt with effectively. He lost the second set by the same margin.

Around 4.30pm, Kate, who had been watching with her usual rapt attention and admiration for her husband’s skills, suddenly said: ‘I’m going for a jog’, and headed for the beach. Gerry had shouted out: “Will you collect the kids?”

Kate had replied: “Yeah, I’ll see to it. See ya later”. There had been something niggling him about Kate’s manner. When she had said: “I’m going for a jog”, he detected a hint of anger. She was always so keen to watch him play tennis. Could she have been bored watching him play tennis day after day? - he wondered.

No, of course not. He and Kate never rowed about anything. They were so perfect as a couple. Perhaps it was the heat? No.
It was early May and not yet that hot on the Portuguese Atlantic coast. It preyed on his mind as he carried on playing tennis with Julian. But soon his niggling Achilles tendon began to really hurt. At 3-0 down in the deciding 3rd set, Gerry spoke to Julian as they changed ends. “Look, Julian, my Achilles tendon is really playing up. I’m going to have to stop. It’s your match”.

Julian had been very sporting. “No, Gerry. Let’s say it’s still one set all. We’ll have the decider another day, when your Achilles tendon’s cleared up”. The two had parted. Julian had said: “Good game. See you down the Tapas bar later?” “Yep”, Gerry had replied. “Be there around 8.30pm after we’ve put the kids down”.

Gerry, more than a touch dejected that this Achilles injury had flared up again on holiday, decided to sit down on the tennis court and just wait for Kate and the kids to come back from the kids’ clubs.

At this point, Gerry recalled that he had given a rather different version of events to one David James Smith, a journalist for ‘The Times’. The Editor of ‘The Times’ had even boasted that Smith’s article was ‘the most in-depth investigation into the case so far’. Gerry thought back to the words used in the article. As usual, he had an almost photographic recall of the article, which by now he’d re-read 37 times in an effort to memorise it. The part that covered the afternoon and early evening had run as follows:

QUOTE from ‘The Times’:

“Gerry had knocked up at the start of the 4.30pm tennis-drills session, but had decided not to exacerbate an injury to his Achilles tendon, so had dropped out and waited around by the courts until the children came back from the kids’ clubs at 5pm for tea. That had been one of the most enjoyable times of the holiday, all the children together for tea, then the adults playing with them afterwards. That had been one of the most enjoyable times of the holiday, all the children together for tea, then the adults playing with them afterwards.

UNQUOTE

On reflection, he pondered, he had summarised a bit too much of his recollections of 3rd May for ‘The Times’ journalist who, anxious to make a name for himself, had not asked any penetrating questions at all. Indeed, reflected Gerry, he had seemed almost in awe of him as he scribbled down whatever he’d said. Why had he given David Smith the impression that he’d started to play tennis at 4.30pm and had to give up before they’d finished ‘knocking up’?

Actually, of course, he’d been playing tennis from 3.30pm onwards, not 4.30pm. He didn’t know why he’d said that the ‘tennis-drills’ session had begun at 4.30pm. He’d played with Julian from 3.30pm until around 4.40pm, and then of course there had been that later ‘social tennis’ session beginning at 6.00pm, which he’d been unable to join. He now regretted having authorised his friends in Team McCann to have said, last September, that he and his ‘Tapas 9’ friends had been taking part in a ‘social tennis’ event between 5.30pm and 7.00pm. Maybe he had been a bit confused at the time with all those negative and untrue stories that the ‘Daily Express’ had been running that September.

Maybe he’d also got the times muddled up a bit when he was conversing with David Smith.

Gerry had told ‘The Times’ journalist that he ‘had knocked up at the start of the 4.30pm session…but had decided not to exacerbate an injury to his Achilles tendon, so had dropped out and waited around by the courts until the children came back from the kids’ clubs at 5pm for tea’.

He had to admit that he’d not explained himself very clearly here. He hadn’t mentioned playing for over an hour between 3.30pm and 4.40pm. He’d also given the impression that the children had indeed come back to the tennis courts from the kids clubs for tea at 5.00pm when in fact they hadn’t. Kate and the children had apparently stopped off for ‘high tea’ with the nannies somewhere on the way back without telling him. Nor had he mentioned to David Smith that, in fact, he had been ‘hanging around the tennis courts’ for nearly 2½ hours, from 4.40pm to nearly 7.00pm - besides playing tennis with Julian. Yes, that must be right, he reflected, he must have been on the tennis courts for a full 3½ hours.

He had even forgotten to mention to David Smith that at about 6.20pm he’d asked David Payne to check on Kate to see if she was all right. Or, he wondered, had he asked David just to call on Kate and ask her to bring the children down to watch him play tennis, another version that had appeared in a different newspaper. Why would he have said that, he wondered, if in fact I had been unable to play any more tennis? Why would I ask Kate and the children to come down to watch me?

Oh dear! Yes, he had definitely played tennis. And he had certainly had had that Achilles tendon injury - though the ‘Deep Heat’ he’d rubbed on his ankle that night had miraculously helped his ankle to fully recover within hours, so that, days after Madeleine had disappeared, he could go with Kate for a comforting jog.

These contradictory timings were beginning to do his head in. He gulped down another swig of wine, noticing briefly, as he did so, a large dark grey cloud above him, increasing steadily in size.

He then remembered one more thing that David Smith’s article had not even mentioned - namely, Kate going jogging between 4.30pm and 5.20pm. How on earth had he missed that bit out? - especially as he’d put it in his statement to the police, and so had most of his ‘Tapas 9’ friends, who claimed to have seen Kate jogging and to have waved to her at around 5.20/5.25pm. He just couldn’t understand it.

Still, he consoled himself with the thought that he must have given David Smith a brief summary which Smith must have thought was enough for his purposes, though he had to admit that the Smith article was very short on detail.

His thoughts returned to the moment Kate had gone off to go jogging - just after 4.30pm that fateful day.

End of Chapter 13

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whatsupdoc on 10.06.16 8:40

@DENNISSALLY wrote:Snipped..

HiDeHo has done a short edited version of the 3 dogs finding a body 10 feet down hidden under rotting meat.

A brief synopsis...man goes missing, a neighbour moved in his house. People get suspicious and police brought in. 3 Dogs brought in to search a field at the back of the property.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWdDMp2JgGU

It does make one wonder why the McCanns had to dispose of rotting meat  ( so they say) causing their hire car to need the boot open for days. They had places to eat at and spending so much time playing tennis , they hardly had any time to cook meals.

whatsupdoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DENNISSALLY on 10.06.16 19:26

Thanks for that a very interesting read.

I will most definitely be checking out statements.

DENNISSALLY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum