The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

In the press but no comments allowed

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: In the press but no comments allowed

Post by Verdi on 31.05.16 0:02

@MRNOODLES wrote:
@dottyaussie wrote:There will be some very unhappy donors out there. Actually come to think of it I haven't seen any comments from unhappy donors hmm. Maybe now its actually been said TM are using the funds to sue everyone left, right and centre/legal fee's some of them might come out to tell us how seething they are ??

All it takes is one well heeled individual to say hang on, I gave money in good faith. And make a legal challenge of being mislead. I doubt it'll happen, but you never know.
Ber your bottom dollar there is a hidden clause somewhere that gets them out of that one.  I don't the McCanns are particularly clever, overall they've handled their situation very badly - however they've had lawyers on-side since the very beginning so I doubt there's much chance!

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 31.05.16 2:07

Talking of the press, new from Natasha Donn. Expertly written and observed; the Fund, GoFundMe  and Stephen Birch? 

http://portugalresident.com/controversy-as-mccanns-“use-find-madeleine-fund”-to-pursue-former-pj-cop-through-courts

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 31.05.16 7:19

@MRNOODLES wrote:
@dottyaussie wrote:There will be some very unhappy donors out there. Actually come to think of it I haven't seen any comments from unhappy donors hmm. Maybe now its actually been said TM are using the funds to sue everyone left, right and centre/legal fee's some of them might come out to tell us how seething they are ??

All it takes is one well heeled individual to say hang on, I gave money in good faith. And make a legal challenge of being mislead. I doubt it'll happen, but you never know.

It shouldn't even take someone well heeled to challenge the use of a donation. The fund is a limited company and not a charity so it is arguable that when you donated, you were contractually paying for a service (the search). The recent Jerry Lawton article confirms that 'customers' are knowingly being denied that service, either wholly or partially. The directors of the fund may be in breach of their fiduciary duty.

Most customers of the limited company who have been mislead would fall into the small claims category, which would be an inexpensive and low risk approach for recovering monies paid. I don't understand why this has not been done already ?

Like Leanne Baulch, there might be some initial criticism, but we are now seeing the significance of her actions.

Carrry On Doctor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum