The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by MayMuse on 25.05.16 23:56

@Rogue-a-Tory wrote:The reasons behind the cover up are clearly serious. The McCanns have to keep appealing in order to preserve the status quo so as to save the skins of their puppet masters. Money will be available and channelled into the special fund in order to prolong the charade in the courts. The extended charade buys time, both in terms of those who need to distance themselves from the Mcs and also in finding a court that may sympathise with the Mcs argument.
"Finding w court that may sympathise with the MCs argument"

?

It is the Supreme Court so are you suggesting a "judge" who will sympathise? 

God forbid, is that not known as "blackmail"? 

A bit confused could you clarify please nah

____________________
“Basically, I’m just an ordinary, straightforward guy who’s the victim of the biggest f***-up on this planet – if you’ll excuse the language.”

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

Posts : 1100
Reputation : 821
Join date : 2016-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by aiyoyo on 26.05.16 2:03

@BlueBag wrote:European Courts of Human Rights is next on the list.i

A McCann vs Portuguese Republic case won't stand a chance in hell in the ECHR court.

Article 8 Right to a private and family life
Article 8 is a broad-ranging right that is often closely connected with other rights such as freedom of religion, freedom of expression, freedom of association and the right to respect for property.

The right to respect for a private life often needs to be balanced against the right to freedom of expression.  For example a public (high profile) figure does not necessarily enjoy the same respect for their private life as others, as matters of public concern might justify the publication of information about that person that might otherwise interfere with the right to privacy.

Bearing in mind the Appeal Court's judgement that the McCanns voluntarily limit their own right to privacy by placing themselves in the national and intermediate media, so their right to privacy was self violated.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by MayMuse on 26.05.16 2:38

@aiyoyo wrote:
@BlueBag wrote:European Courts of Human Rights is next on the list.i

A McCann vs Portuguese Republic case won't stand a chance in hell in the ECHR court.

Article 8 Right to a private and family life
Article 8 is a broad-ranging right that is often closely connected with other rights such as freedom of religion, freedom of expression, freedom of association and the right to respect for property.

The right to respect for a private life often needs to be balanced against the right to freedom of expression.  For example a public (high profile) figure does not necessarily enjoy the same respect for their private life as others, as matters of public concern might justify the publication of information about that person that might otherwise interfere with the right to privacy.

Bearing in mind the Appeal Court's judgement that the McCanns voluntarily limit their own right to privacy by placing themselves in the national and intermediate media, so their right to privacy was self violated.
I agree with what you say aiyoyo but goodness if they make a move to take it to the ECHR I'm touching on conspiracy theory territory  as didn't Cameron want to scrap the Human rights act  not so long ago???  
I must sleep more big grin

____________________
“Basically, I’m just an ordinary, straightforward guy who’s the victim of the biggest f***-up on this planet – if you’ll excuse the language.”

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

Posts : 1100
Reputation : 821
Join date : 2016-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by Doug D on 30.05.16 8:20

Jerry Lawton quick off the mark (well 5 days later):
 
Maddie McCann's parents lodge legal bid against cop who claimed 'cover-up'
 
MADELEINE McCann's parents have lodged a new legal bid to silence the former detective who claims they covered up her death.
 
By Jerry Lawton / Published 30th May 2016
 
Goncalo Amaral overturned a court ruling ordering him to pay doctors Kate and Gerry McCann 500,000 Euro (£380,000) in libel damages over the claims in his best-selling book The Truth Of The Lie.
 
The victory meant the former policeman – who led the hunt for the youngster for five months after she vanished in Portugal in 2007 – did not have to pay the McCanns any compensation and could re-publish his book.
The couple, from Rothley, Leics, were ordered to pay his court costs.
 
But they have now submitted an appeal to Portugal's Supreme Court to overturn Mr Amaral's win.
 
If they lose, the legal bill could wipe out the Find Madeleine Fund set up using public donations to help the search for their daughter.
 
A friend of the couple said: "They are exasperated by this. The longer it goes on the more anguish it causes them.
 
"We hope the appeal will be successful.
 
"If they lose there will be a big legal bill to pay which will come from the fund set up to find Madeleine.
 
"When Operation Grange ends Kate and Gerry will have to finance their own private investigation again."
 
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/519300/Maddie-McCanns-parents-lodge-legal-bid-cop-claimed-cover-up?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-latest-news+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+News+Feed%29

Doug D

Posts : 2146
Reputation : 635
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 30.05.16 8:32

"If they lose there will be a big legal bill to pay which will come from the fund set up to find Madeleine"

Well at least there is transparency about how the funds are being used !

All the collections, raffles, charity events by genuinely concerned and caring people, blatantly squandered on defending the guilty.

One hopes the public are suitably outraged.

Carrry On Doctor

Posts : 343
Reputation : 140
Join date : 2014-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by plebgate on 30.05.16 9:43

@Carrry On Doctor wrote:"If they lose there will be a big legal bill to pay which will come from the fund set up to find Madeleine"

Well at least there is transparency about how the funds are being used !

All the collections, raffles, charity events by genuinely concerned and caring people, blatantly squandered on defending the guilty.

One hopes the public are suitably outraged.
Couldn't beleive my eyes when I read that in the article.   Could wipe out The Fund, so who will be searching for Maddie then if the Fund money is used up?

Oh hang on IIRC a family member did at one time say she would be prepared to sell her home to help.   I stand to be corrected though, but we shall see.

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by worriedmum on 30.05.16 11:19


worriedmum

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 248
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 30.05.16 14:03

@Doug D wrote:Jerry Lawton quick off the mark (well 5 days later):
 
Maddie McCann's parents lodge legal bid against cop who claimed 'cover-up'
 
MADELEINE McCann's parents have lodged a new legal bid to silence the former detective who claims they covered up her death.
 
By Jerry Lawton / Published 30th May 2016
 
Goncalo Amaral overturned a court ruling ordering him to pay doctors Kate and Gerry McCann 500,000 Euro (£380,000) in libel damages over the claims in his best-selling book The Truth Of The Lie.
 
The victory meant the former policeman – who led the hunt for the youngster for five months after she vanished in Portugal in 2007 – did not have to pay the McCanns any compensation and could re-publish his book.
The couple, from Rothley, Leics, were ordered to pay his court costs.
 
But they have now submitted an appeal to Portugal's Supreme Court to overturn Mr Amaral's win.
 
If they lose, the legal bill could wipe out the Find Madeleine Fund set up using public donations to help the search for their daughter.
 
A friend of the couple said: "They are exasperated by this. The longer it goes on the more anguish it causes them.
 
"We hope the appeal will be successful.
 
"If they lose there will be a big legal bill to pay which will come from the fund set up to find Madeleine.
 
"When Operation Grange ends Kate and Gerry will have to finance their own private investigation again."
 
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/519300/Maddie-McCanns-parents-lodge-legal-bid-cop-claimed-cover-up?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-latest-news+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+News+Feed%29


Comment left on that article by Peter (probably emailed to Jerry Lawton, actually, as I can't see any comments on there)

A long time ago the Directors agreed that the Fund could NOT be used for legal fees, even though brother McCann said it could - right at the start,
Now the press are saying it will be used for paying the costs, which are awarded against the Mccanns and the twins (and Madeleine !)
I expect it to hit the outrage buttons on twitter and facebook later today.
good luck
Peter MacLeod

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7109
Reputation : 2496
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by jeanmonroe on 30.05.16 14:10

"....the legal bill could wipe out the Find Madeleine Fund set up using public donations to help the search for their daughter."

Oh dear, NOT what Pinky SAID before:

On September 20th, 2007, Clarence Mitchell was interviewed on Radio Live in New Zealand by Marcus Lush.
Near the end of the interview Clarence says this:

"I’d stress as well that the money that people have donated from around the world is only being spent on that campaign and Kate and Gerry’s legal costs and media management in the shape of me that’s all coming from the financial benefactors who are contributing quite separately so that anybody who has given money to help find Madeleine need have no fear that their money is being spent on lawyers fees or anything like that"

This statement is quite clear. “No money will be spent on lawyer’s fees or anything like that.”

After reviewing the money spent on lawyers in the Madeleine Fund accounts, it is quite obvious that Mitchell’s statement is a bare faced untruth.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5132
Reputation : 884
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 30.05.16 14:21

@jeanmonroe wrote:"....the legal bill could wipe out the Find Madeleine Fund set up using public donations to help the search for their daughter."

Oh dear, NOT what Pinky SAID before:

On September 20th, 2007, Clarence Mitchell was interviewed on Radio Live in New Zealand by Marcus Lush.
Near the end of the interview Clarence says this:

"I’d stress as well that the money that people have donated from around the world is only being spent on that campaign and Kate and Gerry’s legal costs and media management in the shape of me that’s all coming from the financial benefactors who are contributing quite separately so that anybody who has given money to help find Madeleine need have no fear that their money is being spent on lawyers fees or anything like that"

This statement is quite clear. “No money will be spent on lawyer’s fees or anything like that.”

After reviewing the money spent on lawyers in the Madeleine Fund accounts, it is quite obvious that Mitchell’s statement is a bare faced untruth.

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7109
Reputation : 2496
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by BarryTheHatchet on 30.05.16 14:21

I couldn't see any comments Sad

____________________

BarryTheHatchet

Posts : 187
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2016-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by plebgate on 30.05.16 14:22

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@Doug D wrote:Jerry Lawton quick off the mark (well 5 days later):
 
Maddie McCann's parents lodge legal bid against cop who claimed 'cover-up'
 
MADELEINE McCann's parents have lodged a new legal bid to silence the former detective who claims they covered up her death.
 
By Jerry Lawton / Published 30th May 2016
 
Goncalo Amaral overturned a court ruling ordering him to pay doctors Kate and Gerry McCann 500,000 Euro (£380,000) in libel damages over the claims in his best-selling book The Truth Of The Lie.
 
The victory meant the former policeman – who led the hunt for the youngster for five months after she vanished in Portugal in 2007 – did not have to pay the McCanns any compensation and could re-publish his book.
The couple, from Rothley, Leics, were ordered to pay his court costs.
 
But they have now submitted an appeal to Portugal's Supreme Court to overturn Mr Amaral's win.
 
If they lose, the legal bill could wipe out the Find Madeleine Fund set up using public donations to help the search for their daughter.
 
A friend of the couple said: "They are exasperated by this. The longer it goes on the more anguish it causes them.
 
"We hope the appeal will be successful.
 
"If they lose there will be a big legal bill to pay which will come from the fund set up to find Madeleine.
 
"When Operation Grange ends Kate and Gerry will have to finance their own private investigation again."
 
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/519300/Maddie-McCanns-parents-lodge-legal-bid-cop-claimed-cover-up?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-latest-news+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+News+Feed%29


Comment left on that article by Peter (probably emailed to Jerry Lawton, actually, as I can't see any comments on there)

A long time ago the Directors agreed that the Fund could NOT be used for legal fees, even though brother McCann said it could - right at the start,
Now the press are saying it will be used for paying the costs, which are awarded against the Mccanns and the twins (and Madeleine !)
I expect it to hit the outrage buttons on twitter and facebook later today.
good luck
Peter MacLeod
I like it, I like it.  lol.
Would someone be able to post a link to the outrage buttons pls or copy it over.

What happened to the million quid from the book?

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by Doug D on 30.05.16 20:53

In The Sun as well, by guess who:
 
By ANTONELLA LAZZERI and TRACEY KANDOHLA
 
15:03, 30 May 2016
 
Couple of slightly different snips:
 
‘The McCann’s Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte said yesterday: “The appeal was sent to the Court last Monday.” She refused to discuss the exact grounds of the action, understood to be on point of law.’
 
‘Former GP Kate, 48, and heart doctor Gerry, 47, fear losing the appeal, which may not be heard till the autumn, could hamper the on going search for their daughter.’
 
‘British trolls helped fund Mr Amaral’s legal fees. In a previous online posting thanking supporters he says: “We are in the face of a mere battle in a war that is far from over.”
Quoting iconic wartime British Prime Minister Winston Churchill he echoes: “All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honour, duty, mercy, hope.’ ”
Mr Amaral adds: “Truth is also simple. It is truth that guides me, and it will continue to do so in its simplicity and greatness.”
 
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7184145/Kate-and-Gerry-McCann-in-new-courtroom-battle-with-former-detective-who-claims-they-covered-up-Maddies-death.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-TheSunNewspaper-_-20160530-_-News-_-479490233-_-Imageandlink
 
Quite how these ‘reporters’ can get paid for virtually copying, pretty much verbatim, each others stories is beyond me.

Doug D

Posts : 2146
Reputation : 635
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 30.05.16 21:15

The UK have got some appalling 'journalists'.

Thank goodness we've got Natasha Donn on Snr Amaral's side.

You don't see her calling the McCann's or their supporters 'trolls'.

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7109
Reputation : 2496
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by Doug D on 30.05.16 22:10

I again e-mailed Tom Kelly at the Daily Mail on Thursday May 26 2016 @ 5:12PM pointing out that no mention of this story had been made in any of the MSM, over 24 hours after the story had appeared on the PJGA site, as usual without getting a response.
 
The Daily Star eventually broke the story some time overnight/this morning (no time stamp), The Sun @ 15.03 and Daily Mail @ 17.05. No sign in the Express or Mirror as yet.
 
Why do they all come out now, 5 days later?
 
Do they still have to wait for Pinky to press the ‘go’ button before they can go to print?
 
Len Port’s blog report was up at 9.04am on Wednesday 25th May and Natasha Donn untimed on 26th.

Doug D

Posts : 2146
Reputation : 635
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by jeanmonroe on 31.05.16 10:46

‘British trolls helped fund Mr Amaral’s legal fees.'
-------------------------------------

'British trolls', according to ANTONELLA LAZZERI and TRACEY KANDOHLA, presumeably, includes serving Metropolitan Police officers, who generously 'help fund' GA's 'legal fees' to the 'tune' of £1,000.!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5132
Reputation : 884
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by pennylane on 31.05.16 11:55

Isabel Duarte had to dig hard to find a reason for this Appeal.  It's no longer anything to do with Goncalo Amaral's book, because they've failed abysmally on that score, so now it's regarding 'a point of law.'   Pffft!  

What a litigious bunch of blood suckers TM are!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by Doug D on 31.05.16 12:08

I think it had to be a 'point of law'.

At this stage I don't believe anything else was actually appealable.

Doug D

Posts : 2146
Reputation : 635
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by pennylane on 31.05.16 12:09

Pathetic isn't it!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by Doug D on 31.05.16 18:13

Express gets there at last @ 14.40 today.
 
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/675454/Madeleine-Mccann-Kate-Gerry-legal-bid-book-Gonzalo-Amaral-policeman
 
They’ve managed to make GA 57 and 47 in the same article.
 
And as for the McCann’s spokeswoman ‘Clare’, what more can I say.

Doug D

Posts : 2146
Reputation : 635
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by worriedmum on 31.05.16 18:29

the headline appears to accuse the parents of 'covering up Maddie'???


Clare Mitchell?

Mrs

worriedmum

Posts : 1628
Reputation : 248
Join date : 2012-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by pennylane on 31.05.16 18:34

@worriedmum wrote:

the headline appears to accuse the parents of 'covering up Maddie'???


Clare Mitchell?

Mrs
Whoops!  You just can't get good help nowadays can ya? laughat

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by dottyaussie on 31.05.16 19:12

spit coffee @ pennylane

dottyaussie

Posts : 153
Reputation : 166
Join date : 2016-02-25
Location : NorthWest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by sandancer on 31.05.16 20:52

I just had a sickening image of Clarence/Clare in a dress ( pink of course ) and high heels! Noooooo !!!!!!

sandancer

Posts : 98
Reputation : 219
Join date : 2016-02-18
Age : 63
Location : Tyneside

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns appealing to Supreme Court

Post by dottyaussie on 31.05.16 21:33

Maybe these journalists actually know something we don't hahaha big grin

dottyaussie

Posts : 153
Reputation : 166
Join date : 2016-02-25
Location : NorthWest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum