The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine Mccann Parents To Exhaust 750000 Fund

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 18.05.16 16:31

May 18, 2016 Tastaweb

Madeleine McCann ‘s parents are to launch a desperate final bid to find their missing daughter using up the last of the money left in their appeal .Madeleine McCann ‘s parents are to launch a desperate final bid to find up the last of the money left in their appeal fund, it has been claimed..Scotland Yard ‘s 12m investigation into Madeleine ‘s disappearance is expected to close in the new.

The family set up a limited company in May 2007 to finance the search, Madeleine ‘s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned.. Madeleine McCann‘s parents are to launch a desperate final bid to find their missing daughter using up the last of the money left in their appeal . Three year-old Madeleine McCann and her two year-old twin siblings, were On Thursday May 3rd Madeleine vanished from her bed without trace and her parents to exhaust this possibility, but also to avoid alerting the McCann ‘s to One week after the disappearance, they launched a ‘fighting fund ‘ to . Support Fund started for Gonalo Amaral ‘s legal battle against the McCanns disparate financial resources citizen Gonalo Amaral is forced to exhaust all and any personal resources that Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann Facebook group: Madeleine McCann ‘s parents deny ‘pact of silence ‘ ..

http://tastaweb.com/madeleine-mccann-parents-to-exhaust-750000-fund.html

If you can understand all that, then great.

I see CMOMM facebook group got a mention though.

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine Mccann Parents To Exhaust 750000 Fund

Post by BlueBag on 18.05.16 16:35

What they going to spend it on?

Another dodgy detective agency?

Or airfares to Portugal for a reconstruction and answer all the PJ questions?

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 18.05.16 16:46

When I saw the title Maddies parents to exhaust  I thought aye oop it's going to say exhaust themselves looking for their daughter, but NO.

We have been hearing about this final £750,000 for some while now so are we to take it that not one further penny has been put into the fund by any donators since we first heard about the final amount?

So have they already been told that the SY investigation is definitely coming to an end?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds on 18.05.16 17:55

I expect it will mostly be exhausted by paying off hundreds of thousands of pounds in legal fees, and the remainder given to some dodgy detective agency hastily set up by a friend so that they can claim poverty if Amaral sues them as promised. :)

SuspiciousMinds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 18.05.16 18:01

It doesn't look as though any other charities will be benefiting from the very generous public money that was donated to their Fund.  Of course it could be that any new PIs will find Maddie in the lair in Portugal before  the whole £750,000 is used up, so who knows, others could possibly benefit at some point.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 18.05.16 18:47

I suspect they're trying to divest themselves of any money that could be gone after by Dr Amaral's legal team. I would be curious to know whether their house and anything else of value is still in their names.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judex on 18.05.16 19:03

@plebgate wrote:It doesn't look as though any other charities will be benefiting from the very generous public money that was donated to their Fund.  Of course it could be that any new PIs will find Maddie in the lair in Portugal before  the whole £750,000 is used up, so who knows, others could possibly benefit at some point.

Remember the reward money which a newspaper quietly gave to their Limited Company, having promised a gullible public that it would, if not claimed, eventually be given to Children's charities? 

Should not the Limited Company, at the very least, pass on that sum of publicly donated money to its original bona fide charitable destination? Or perhaps the money could be reclaimed by the donors who had no idea it would end up in a "Fighting Fund."

Judex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dottyaussie on 18.05.16 20:06

I think you could be right Canada12. They would want to get rid of as much as possible or move it/hide it. And yes Judex if they donated a chunk of it to a childrens charity it would again help them keep their saintly appearance.

dottyaussie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 18.05.16 22:28

Mmmmm...exhausting the Fighting Madeleine Fund or the extra "special" fund they moved a "chunk" to as per CM?

Being as the fighting Madeleine Fund has been used to sue all & sundry I'm surprised there is any left to use to er erm actually find their daughter?!

Or maybe the "exhaustion" is a form of exercise in "whooshing" to prevent any future "claims"? 

IMHO

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 18.05.16 23:46

@BlueBag wrote:What they going to spend it on?

Err - now let me think..

Advice.

Maintenance and regular update of official Find Madeleine website.

Auditors fees.

Salaries for full time staff and retainers.

Window dressing for online shop and cost of merchandise.

New wardrobe and accessories for future studio sofa sitting.

Washing powder.

State of the art home security system and maintenance.

Gratuity payments.

Refreshments for regular update meetings.

Telephone hotline subscription and calls.

Tablet and catflap for cuddlecat.

New digital camera and mobile phones.

Anti-anxiety medication.

Hair restorers and products.

Cosmetic surgery.

Hired car and fuel used in connection with the search.

Translation fees.

Toiletries

Oh yes, nearly forgot - search for the little girl.....

75k won't last very long will it?

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 18.05.16 23:59

@verdi

It's not £75k, it's £750k.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 19.05.16 0:06

Indeed it is - I stand corrected.  Sorry about the missing pound sign, my keyboard aint got one.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 19.05.16 0:06

The British police would have been far more usefully employed investigating the McCann's fraudulent fund than the disappearance of their daughter, if for no other reason, it is a matter that falls within their jurisdiction. The burden of proof would also be less, because the prosecution wouldn't have to prove the McCanns were culpable for their daughter's disappearance, but merely that they had knowledge of what actually occurred to her.

Also the penalty for a fraud conviction with aggravating circumstances would be far greater in the UK than any sentence a Portuguese court would be likely to impose on them for manslaughter and concealing her body.

Realist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judex on 19.05.16 0:13

@Realist wrote:The British police would have been far more usefully employed investigating the McCann's fraudulent fund than the disappearance of their daughter, if for no other reason, it is a matter that falls within their jurisdiction. The burden of proof would also be less, because the prosecution wouldn't have to prove the McCanns were culpable for their daughter's disappearance, but merely that they had knowledge of what actually occurred to her.

Also the penalty for a fraud conviction with aggravating circumstances would be far greater in the UK than any sentence a Portuguese court would be likely to impose on them for manslaughter and concealing her body.
Happy to agree with first part of this!

Judex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 19.05.16 0:15

@Judex wrote:
@plebgate wrote:It doesn't look as though any other charities will be benefiting from the very generous public money that was donated to their Fund.  Of course it could be that any new PIs will find Maddie in the lair in Portugal before  the whole £750,000 is used up, so who knows, others could possibly benefit at some point.

Remember the reward money which a newspaper quietly gave to their Limited Company, having promised a gullible public that it would, if not claimed, eventually be given to Children's charities? 

Should not the Limited Company, at the very least, pass on that sum of publicly donated money to its original bona fide charitable destination? Or perhaps the money could be reclaimed by the donors who had no idea it would end up in a "Fighting Fund."
When/who was that?  I ask because normally money is pledged towards a reward - meaning the benefactor only coughs up the money if a reward is payed out.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judex on 19.05.16 0:21

I don't have details to hand Verdi, but this is well documented and I know other members can/will supply links. I think it was the N.O.W. and they even tried, in a published response, to justify giving the money to the Ltd Co. 
Members help please!!!

Judex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 19.05.16 0:22

@Realist wrote:The British police would have been far more usefully employed investigating the McCann's fraudulent fund than the disappearance of their daughter...
I don't think the McCanns and their advisors are quite that stupid - they're hardly likely to openly operate a limited company on the lines of a charity that's not within the confines of the law.

Whilst I can't disagree with the principle of your comment, I think to make it possible it would need to be established that Madeleine McCann is no longer alive and the parents and the rest of the board of directors know that she is no longer alive.  The fund might be only borderline legal but with their team of legal advisors I doubt if they can be caught out as fraudulent.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 19.05.16 0:29

@Judex wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Judex wrote:

When/who was that?  I ask because normally money is pledged towards a reward - meaning the benefactor only coughs up the money if a reward is payed out.
I don't have details to hand Verdi, but this is well documented and I know other members can/will supply links. I think it was the N.O.W. and they even tried, in a published response, to justify giving the money to the Ltd Co. 
Members help please!!!
I vaguely recall what you're talking about and I know that the News of the World were responsible for coordinating a substantial reward - two or two and a half million quid was it?

If they, or any other body, did surreptitiously pay in reward money to the fund, I'd be interested to know how it appeared on the funds audit for he period - and more to the point, where it went afterwards.  Gazumped by administrative costs and campaign expenditure (splutter!).

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 19.05.16 0:30

Actually, Judex, I tend to remember some kind of relative standing next to the Rothley War Memorial in the very early stages of the fund, stating something on the lines of donations also being utilised for defence purposes.

No doubt, one of our diligent researchers will be able to provide us with a link to the video clipping.

Realist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 19.05.16 0:37

Legal expenditure quite correct it was her uncle if I recall correctly, the one with the same name as the "Everest" man,whose name has actually just alluded me?!  duh

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse on 19.05.16 0:39

Ahhh its come to me... Brian Kennedy! 
Yes there biggergrin is a video but don't know how to add?

MayMuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Realist on 19.05.16 2:10

@Verdi wrote:

I don't think the McCanns and their advisors are quite that stupid - they're hardly likely to openly operate a limited company on the lines of a charity that's not within the confines of the law.

I wasn't actually thinking along the lines of the company being run fraudulently, I was thinking on the lines that that it was set up on a false premise, ie. that the McCanns had knowledge that Madeleine was already dead, therefore the fund was fraudulent from the outset. Difficult to prove, but far less so than than the McCanns being actually responsible for their daughter's death.

In response to Judex, the penalty upon conviction for fraud in the UK would undoubtably exceed that for manslaughter in Portugal. I would think 5-6 yrs. would be the max. for the latter with the former starting at 8 yrs. The so called Canoe Man and his wife received 6 yrs  for what amounted to a far lesser fraud. The magnitude of the fraud and the amount involved would merit an 8 yr. stretch, then there are the aggravating circumstances to take into consideration, not to mention the £millions involved with wasting various authorities time.

That's before the commencement of any confiscation proceedings. The sentences involved with default of confiscation orders carry a max. 10 yr. term of imprisonment and unlike normal sentences, there is no remission. ie 5 yrs. means 5 yrs. not 2.5 yrs.

Realist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 19.05.16 5:36

I think I understand that 

In plain English is says "Please donate".

There is only £75,000 left in the fund (set up mainly for legal expenses, according to uncle Brian) and they are facing huge costs after losing the case against Gonçalo Amaral

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 19.05.16 7:51

Wow... 2 weeks in and "probably for legal expenditure"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum