The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

***NEW***16 Jun 2016 >>> Cliff Richard WON'T BE CHARGED (was: Cliff Richard)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ***NEW***16 Jun 2016 >>> Cliff Richard WON'T BE CHARGED (was: Cliff Richard)

Post by plebgate on 10.07.16 9:23

Good point Doug D.   Will he want to take the chance of having to give evidence in court if they don't back down?

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW***16 Jun 2016 >>> Cliff Richard WON'T BE CHARGED (was: Cliff Richard)

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 10.07.16 11:00

Modus operandi - head to the lawyers to bully, threaten and destroy any opposition or dissenting voice. Another believer in free speech.

Rogue-a-Tory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keitei on 27.08.16 19:48

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bbc-tell-cliff-richard-wont-8719274#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Getty
Sir Cliff Richard is suing the BBC  

BBC bosses have told Sir Cliff Richard they will not be rolling over in their £1m legal fight with him.
The legendary singer is suing the corporation following their infamous decision to screen a live broadcast of the moment police officers raided his home two years ago.
Sir Cliff - who is set to start a new week-long run of performances onboard a Mediterranean cruise ship - instructed lawyers to take action after accusing the tax-payer funded broadcaster of “misuse of private information”.
But the Sunday Mirror can today reveal the BBC has now responded to Cliff’s lawyers maintaining their decision was justified as they claim showing the footage was in the public interest.
The Beeb has also made clear that the decision was signed off by a number of senior bosses, who all agreed the decision to screen the raid was correct.
And they have said that insiders had three days notice and three days of consultation to “the highest level” of the Corporation, before deciding to break the now infamous exclusive.
Our new information indicates that BBC bosses appear determined to fight Sir Cliff’s claims - meaning he faces a long battle ahead. 
The insider told the Sunday Mirror: “The BBC have told Sir Cliff’s team that they are in no doubt everything was done by the book.
“They have said that the journalist who was given the story at the BBC went to the head of news, who contacted BBC legal and head of legal and even consulted an external media lawyer to clarify their position.
“This took three full days. It was not a spur of the moment thing to broadcast the raid.

"It was planned and strategic for the entire broadcast of the story.
“The BBC are steadfast that this is a public interest story and they were only following a legitimate tip off from a national constabulary.”
The raid in August 2014 sparked two years of Hell for the singer, before he was eventually told he would not face police prosecution over child abuse claims.
The developments could be a fresh setback for Sir Cliff, who is estimated to have already spend “hundreds of thousands” on legal fees.

But the insider added Sir Cliff is still intent on going “all guns blazing” for South Yorkshire Police in a separate action.
The under-fire constabulary’s officers raided the star’s Berkshire mansion after a man came forward to say he had been abused by him at a Christian rally in Sheffield in 1985.
“They caused all of this mess in the first place,” the source added.
Sir Cliff swiftly launched his bid to sue the BBC after he was cleared by police on June 16.
He had spent 22 months in legal limbo.
A planned LP release was put on hold, and the singer picked up an illness which he feared would kill him and he believes was brought on by stress.
But loyal fans refused to turn their back on the star, who had a sell out UK tour to mark his 75th birthday.
Police eventually dropped the case after admitting they were unable to substantiate claims the alleged victim made of abuse by Sir Cliff at Sheffield United’s Brammall Lane soccer stadium in 1985.
Cliff has always vehemently denied any wrongdoing.
Several other alleged victims came forward after the raid footage was aired. But not one case stood up to scrutiny.
The Sunday Mirror later exclusively revealed one of Sir Cliff’s accusers had previously been held on suspicion of attempting to blackmail the pop singer.
Another unnamed accuser, it emerged, was reportedly one of Britain’s worst serial rapists.
Sir Cliff has a five decade association with the BBC, including appearing on the first ever episode of Top of the Pops in 1964.

Keitei
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 27.08.16 20:22

Stupid man - lest he forgets..

Maybe not directly connected to the allegations made against him - but even worse.  Does he think because he is a longstanding pop star that he can escape his past without censure?  Fools rush in where angels fear to tread..

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ref;****New **** Cliff Richard

Post by willowthewisp on 29.08.16 13:04

@Verdi wrote:Stupid man - lest he forgets..

Maybe not directly connected to the allegations made against him - but even worse.  Does he think because he is a longstanding pop star that he can escape his past without censure?  Fools rush in where angels fear to tread..
Hi Verdi,Carter Rucks and Mr Caplin wish for you not to reproduce any"Fabricated" lists of names,which may be eponymous to the game of Cluedo and any Nonces's associated to this"Guest At Elm Lodge" as it is Fictitious nonsense,with Ma Learned friends also appearing to the above?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 31.08.16 10:54

Sir Cliff Richard abuse claims twist as accuser challenges decision not to charge star

22:24, 30 AUG 2016
            UPDATED 07:05, 31 AUG 2016
            BY TOM PETTIFOR
Evidence against the star is being reviewed two months after the case was dropped - he will learn whether that decision is upheld in weeks

Sir Cliff Richard’s abuse claims hell continues as one of his accusers has challenged the decision not to prosecute him.
Evidence against the star, 75, is being reviewed – two months after the case was dropped. He will learn whether that decision is upheld in the coming weeks.
It comes just days after the Mirror revealed the star, 75, has finally recovered from his two years of hell as the claims were investigated before being dropped in June.

Prosecutors announced in June that there was “insufficient evidence” to charge the star.

It took senior Crown Prosecution Service lawyers just a few weeks to reject the evidence collected by South Yorkshire detectives over 22 months, raising concerns over the handling of the investigation.

The CPS examined evidence from four men who claimed offences took place between 1958 and 1983.

But earlier this month one of the men asked for the decision to be reviewed.

Sir Cliff was told of the challenge a short time before the death of his sister Donna Goulden, 73, following a long illness.
With his other sisters Joan, 66, and Jacqui, 68, Donna was a rock to her famous brother.
Her death brought fresh heartache to Sir Cliff just a year after close friend Cilla Black died aged 72 after a fall at her villa in Spain.

Cilla had been another loyal supporter to the star during one of the toughest periods of his life.
Now his agony looks set to go on – just days after the Mirror told how Sir Cliff seemed to be bouncing back as he met adoring fans at his vineyard in the Algarve, Portugal.
The star said: “I’m back to my best. I’m OK, everything will be OK. I want to thank all my fans for being so amazing. They have been incredible.”
After the claims were dropped Sir Cliff said he was “obviously thrilled that the vile accusations and the resulting investigation have finally been brought to a close”.
But he said the fact he was named in the media, despite not being charged, meant he had been “hung out like live bait”.
He is reportedly considering taking legal action after the BBC televised live a police raid on his house in August 2014.

Sir Cliff, who was never arrested or charged, said his reputation will not be fully vindicated because the CPS have not said he is innocent.
He added: “How can there be evidence for something that never took place!”
Guidelines suggest that a review would normally take six weeks.
A CPS spokesman last night confirmed: “We have received a Victims’ Right to Review request.”
The Right to Review scheme, introduced in 2013, victims can appeal against a decision not to bring charges or to discontinue a case once a prosecution has begun.
The CPS appeals unit is currently examining the case papers.
In June South Yorkshire Police apologised “wholeheartedly for the additional anxiety caused” to the star by their “initial handling of the media interest” in its investigation.
It said nine men had made allegations but five of the cases did not reach the threshold necessary for them to be considered by the CPS.
A spokesman for Sir Cliff declined to comment tonight.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/incoming/sir-cliff-richards-accuser-asks-8737932#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ref;****New **** Cliff Richard

Post by willowthewisp on 31.08.16 12:03

Would this be the same South Yorkshire Police Force,who investigated the "Hillsborough tragedy",also responsible for the Policing of striking the Miners at Orgreve and Rotherham child abuse cover up, where Sir Bernard Hogan Howe learnt his Trade?
Spending 22 months to investigate Allegations,then suddenly find"No Evidence" to further the case to Criminal charges and as Sir Cliff states,that he hasn't been completely exonerated by the Police statements?
Be very careful of what you wish for Cliff(Kitty)"how can there be Evidence,for something that Never took place"Remember your Friend Jill's death and about what she was to uncover at the BBC?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 31.08.16 12:30

The star said: “I’m back to my best. I’m OK, everything will be OK. I want to thank all my fans for being so amazing. They have been incredible.

laugh
We're all going on a summer holiday do de doo do da do da doo....  prisoner

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cliff Richard,no evidence to charge

Post by willowthewisp on 01.09.16 13:52

@Verdi wrote:

The star said: “I’m back to my best. I’m OK, everything will be OK. I want to thank all my fans for being so amazing. They have been incredible.

laugh
We're all going on a summer holiday do de doo do da do da doo....  prisoner
Hi Verdi,now seen boarding a "Virgin"flight to Barbados for some Sun,instead of the Tanning Booths,eh,Cliff(didn't he give back his Knighthood) after being tipped off about allegations he may have to face?
"It's so funny, that we don't talk any more" sing along now?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 18.09.16 10:49

Sir Cliff set to lobby the Lords in a bid to ban sex abuse suspects being 'named and shamed' before charge 

Veteran pop star wants to name 'witch hunts' against high-profile figures 
   Sir Cliff will tell MPs and peers of his own ordeal when police raided house
   He met with MP Nigel Evans and DJ Paul Gambaccini to share experiences

By MARTIN BECKFORD and SARAH OLIVER FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
PUBLISHED: 00:59, 18 September 2016 | UPDATED: 01:58, 18 September 2016

Sir Cliff Richard is to lobby senior politicians in Parliament in an attempt to stop people accused of sex abuse being ‘named and shamed’ before they are charged.

The veteran pop star is demanding a change in the law that would give anonymity to anyone suspected of rape or sexual assault unless they were facing trial.

He hopes it will end the ‘witch hunts’ against high-profile figures who have had their reputations tarnished by unfounded accusations without ever being charged with any offence.

Sir Cliff, 75, will tell MPs and peers of his own ordeal when the BBC broadcast aerial footage of his penthouse in Berkshire being raided by officers from South Yorkshire Police, following claims he had abused a boy some 30 years earlier.

Although Sir Cliff was questioned by detectives, he was never arrested or charged, yet had to endure an investigation lasting almost two years until police finally admitted there was not enough evidence to prosecute him over abuse claims made by four men. Now the Crown Prosecution Service has been asked to look again at the cases.

The singer, who is planning to sue the BBC and police for allowing the search of his home to be broadcast, has told how he was treated like ‘live bait’ and said in July: ‘Having suffered the experience that I have, I firmly believe that privacy should be respected and that police guidelines are there to be followed.
‘That means that, save in exceptional circumstances, people should never be named unless and until they are charged.’

He has said that the law change would ‘make all that I’ve been through almost worthwhile’, if it ‘saves someone else going through the same thing’. 

At a meeting in a House of Lords committee room on October 17, Sir Cliff will be joined by DJ Paul Gambaccini, who endured ‘12 months of hell’ on bail for sex abuse allegations for which he was never charged.

Also present will be the widow of Leon Brittan, the former Home Secretary who died before being told police had dismissed historical abuse allegations against him.

They will urge politicians to back changes being proposed by Lord Paddick, a former Scotland Yard chief who is now a Lib Dem peer.

His reform would mean nothing could be published or broadcast in England and Wales to identify anyone accused of a sexual offence ‘up until that person is charged with the offence, except where a judge is satisfied it is in the public interest’.

Some say the move could hamper police investigations because further victims sometimes come forward when arrests are publicised, as happened in the cases of Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall.

In July Sir Cliff and Mr Gambaccini met Tory MP Nigel Evans, who was cleared of sex abuse in court.

The former Deputy Speaker said: ‘We are all scarred by the experiences we have been through and we all came through it. 

'We are talking to other people who have been through similar trauma to try to put pressure on the Government.’

The amendment to the Policing and Crime Bill will be debated by peers just weeks after Sir Cliff’s appearance in Parliament, and if voted through it could become law.

Lord Paddick said last night: ‘It’s important to hear from those who have been affected so that Parliament can have an informed debate.

‘The recent developments where we’ve had high-profile individuals, both living and dead, who have had allegations made against them have prompted at least for there to be a debate to be had.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3794764/Sir-Cliff-set-lobby-Lords-bid-ban-sex-abuse-suspects-named-shamed-charge.html

…………………………………………….

If this proposal had been passed a few years ago, would Jimmy Savile still be a ‘national treasure’?

And Lord Janner, who the inquiry found and criticised the police for passing up three chances to prosecute, would also be un-named and with his reputation intact

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 18.09.16 13:01

Lord Paddick said last night: ‘It’s important to hear from those who have been affected so that Parliament can have an informed debate.

What sort of convoluted statement is that?  I do hope he means the victims of these well protected high profile suspected felons have a right to be heard.

This has shaken poor old Sir Cliff aka Peter Pan/Kittie Richard to the core hasn't it - I think he's got the jitters.  Not so long ago he was reported to have said all is well with the world as his fans believe in his innocence (or words to that effect).

Maybe the authorities should take another look at Elms Guest House - that should add spice to parliaments (with a lower case 'p') informed debate..

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes on 18.09.16 22:50

I always thought that Cliff Richard's frequent reference to 'my fans' highly amusing. Now I just think it is symptomatic of a deranged narcissistic mind, of someone who hides behind the respectability of his largely middle aged or elderly female admirers. Not to mention his 'Christianity'.

Cmaryholmes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 18.09.16 22:53

@Cmaryholmes wrote:I always thought that Cliff Richard's frequent reference to 'my fans' highly amusing. Now I just think it is symptomatic of a deranged narcissistic mind, of someone who hides behind the respectability of his largely middle aged or elderly female admirers. Not to mention his 'Christianity'.
Poor deluded soul..

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 18.09.16 22:56

I'm Spartacus..

The Mary Moss Elm Guest House VIP Paedophile Party List

Allegedly Sir Cliff Richard presently has a super injunction from the High Court preventing anyone naming him in connection with Elm Guest House – don’t worry Kitty your secret is safe on the internet!
It was first reported in 2010 that Sir Cliff Richard had surrended his British citizenship and become a National of Barbados known as a “Bajan”.
On 14th August British Police raided Cliff Richard’s mansion in Berkshire looking for evidence of Child sex abuse. Later on 14th August 2014 Sir Cliff Richard released this statement from Portugal:
Here is Sir Cliff Richard’s statement of 14th August 2014 in full after police started searching his Berkshire home:
“For many months I have been aware of allegations against me of historic impropriety which have been circulating online.
“The allegations are completely false. Up until now I have chosen not to dignify the false allegations with a response, as it would just give them more oxygen.
“However, the police attended my apartment in Berkshire today without notice, except it would appear to the press.
“I am not presently in the UK but it goes without saying that I will cooperate fully should the police wish to speak to me.
“Beyond stating that today’s allegation is completely false it would not be appropriate to say anything further until the police investigation has concluded.”

https://cigpapers.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/the-elm-guest-house-vip-paedophile-party-list/

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 18.09.16 23:00

Spartacus Club Hotel Guide

In strictly catholic Portugal the parliament approved the homosexual marriage proposal at the beginning of January 2010. This approval is a triumph in ultra-conservative Portugal. The age of consent is 16 in Portugal. In December 2015, the socialist minority government amended the adoption rights in parliament where the majority agreed to the extension of the adoption rights also for homosexual couples. At the time of printing this guide it was not yet definitively confirmed whether the law will enter into force or not, because the signature of the president is still required. Gays and lesbians are highly accepted and take part in Portuguese society, often mixing with heterosexuals in bars and clubs. There are several organizations up and down the country which are dedicated to various gay and lesbian interest groups and produce the weekly radio broadcast "Vidas Alternativas". The Gay Pride events in Lisbon and Porto enjoy ever growing popularity and the Lisbon gay and lesbian film festival is one of the best in Europe. 2012 also saw a first Gay Pride event in Ponta Delgada in the Azores, attended by over 2,000 people. Portugal is a very beautiful country and the birthplace of the very first empire to open up to globalization. The country has a rich historical heritage and features outstandingly attractive landscapes, as well as a multi-faceted coastline. The Portuguese language and culture can be encountered around the world, from Brazil to Goa. Portugal is currently becoming increasingly popular as a gay destination offering eccentric Lisbon, one of Europe's most magnificent cities, baroque Porto, surrounded by historically grown small towns and the unique wine-growing regions Douro and Vinho Verde, the Algarve with its breathtaking coast and pleasant climate, the incomparably beautiful islands of Madeira and the Azores, plus numerous historic towns, and last but not least the delicious cuisine and first-rate wines.

http://www.spartacusworld.com/en/hotels/europe/portugal

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 18.09.16 23:12

@Verdi wrote:Spartacus Club Hotel Guide
One of the McCann Team has a most definite connection to the Spartacus Club.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 18.09.16 23:47

As I think I recently said, I'm so easily distracted so off topic again..

Welcome to Mark Warner where you’ll find a wide selection of refreshingly brilliant all inclusive holidays made for people like you.

At our Adult Only resorts, singles and couples can choose to be as active as they want during the day, with plenty of opportunity to make new friends and party the night away.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060221091042/http://www.markwarner.co.uk/

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 18.09.16 23:56

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Verdi wrote:Spartacus Club Hotel Guide
One of the McCann Team has a most definite connection to the Spartacus Club.

CuddleCATS file 19309

[sorry, couldn't resist it]

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 19.09.16 13:30

@Verdi wrote:I'm Spartacus..

The Mary Moss Elm Guest House VIP Paedophile Party List

Allegedly Sir Cliff Richard presently has a super injunction from the High Court preventing anyone naming him in connection with Elm Guest House – don’t worry Kitty your secret is safe on the internet!
It was first reported in 2010 that Sir Cliff Richard had surrended his British citizenship and become a National of Barbados known as a “Bajan”.
On 14th August British Police raided Cliff Richard’s mansion in Berkshire looking for evidence of Child sex abuse. Later on 14th August 2014 Sir Cliff Richard released this statement from Portugal:
Here is Sir Cliff Richard’s statement of 14th August 2014 in full after police started searching his Berkshire home:
“For many months I have been aware of allegations against me of historic impropriety which have been circulating online.
“The allegations are completely false. Up until now I have chosen not to dignify the false allegations with a response, as it would just give them more oxygen.
“However, the police attended my apartment in Berkshire today without notice, except it would appear to the press.
“I am not presently in the UK but it goes without saying that I will cooperate fully should the police wish to speak to me.
“Beyond stating that today’s allegation is completely false it would not be appropriate to say anything further until the police investigation has concluded.”

https://cigpapers.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/the-elm-guest-house-vip-paedophile-party-list/

Hmmm

“The allegations are completely false. Up until now I have chosen not to dignify the false allegations with a response, as it would just give them more oxygen."

If you are innocent, then there is no reason for you not to respond to the allegations.

There is no legal penalty for telling the truth and making strong reliable denials.
His attorney will not say don't deny it, don't say anything until you are in court if he did not commit said allegations of sexual assault.

Denying false allegations does not
give the accusers more oxygen since said denials would be strong and reliably true.

I am still waiting for cliff to issue said strong first person singular, past tense, event specific denial.
I did not sexually abuse/molest/ have sexual contact with any child/boy

Anything else is unreliable.
That he tells us he has chosen not to respond tells us he has a reason not to respond and it is not because he is innocent.

Innocent people have nothing to fear.
Guilty people have everything to fear.

He also knows that anything he says in public can and will be recorded and reported and said words can and would be used in court against him.
This is important where he changes his language or says something different to what he has said before.

By saying nothing, by not answering the questions, he is answering the questions, the allegations.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum