The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by April28th on 04.05.16 13:39

Let's say we do get this 'innocent' line, and the case is wrapped up as unsolvable in the UK, and the Portuguese case closes concurrently (I don't think either is likely, just hypothesising here). What then happens if Mr. Amaral does take them to court, would we then get extradition controversy? That would create legitimate tensions on both sides and possibly escalate things further.

Whatever the case it's lucky for us, for justice most importantly for Madeleine that Mr. Amaral is willing to play the long game.

April28th

Posts : 294
Reputation : 201
Join date : 2015-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Verdi on 04.05.16 15:31

@Joss wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:A bit like the hit from Ac/DC,"Dirty deeds not done dirt cheap"?
What is it that the successive UK Governments are afraid to reveal to the public over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?
'Money for nothing - that's the way to do it...'
Dire Straits, big grin
Quite so - and in more ways than one if I might add.  Now who can we nominate for 'Sultans of Swing'...? 

thing

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3556
Reputation : 2067
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by MaryB on 04.05.16 15:44

I don't know what she's getting at.  But it's hardly helpful. Whatever the outcome of OG it doesn't change the truth.

MaryB

Posts : 204
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by HelenMeg on 04.05.16 17:08

@Carrry On Doctor wrote:I think it is important to separate the investigation from the political will behind it.

Too much emphasis is put on the OG remit of seemingly 'abduction only'. Yes, it is publicly understood as an abduction, but it is an IMPOSSIBILITY that OG do not genuinely suspect the TM's. To suggest that a vast team of murder squad detectives, with all their experience, have been genuinely chasing pimplemen seems unfair and quite disrespectful.

OG was commissioned to find answers and I believe it has a pretty good idea of what happened, but that is a totally different thing to what the politicians choose do with that information. It seemed quite apparent from the BHH interview last week that he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. BHH emphasised that OG was requested by the government, and it seems they will now have to deal the consequences of their findings, however unpalatable.

Post GA ruling, DC and the politicians know that the genie is out of the bottle, and its only going to get worse. The truth WILL come out at some point. If the politicians decide to shelve the findings of OG, then SY and the government face huge criticism and Operation Grange should be renamed Operation Whistleblower. Too many people are in the know, and Hillsborough has changed a lot.
I dont think we can separate the investigation from the political will behind it  - unfortunately. From the start, Buck was raising red flags as to the integrity of the family Mc Cann + friends. To then subsequently assign a remit such as 'investigate the  'abduction' as if.... etc' to the Op Grange review / investigation was a clear intent to constrain findings. OG cannot suspect Mc Cann under a remit of 'abduction' and will never do so unless the remit has been changed.
If the investigation was being done properly and not part of a PR / Propoganda strategy then we would never have been subject to the cringingly twisted updates by Redwood. We would only receive updates in teh media along similar lines as to how Claudia Lawrence case is reported. Factual, timely and professional. OG will only find and reveal what DC decides it can reveal. DC cant seem to decide how to play it and obviously lacks any 'courage'. He seems unable to rise above the twisted networks of power and corruption that lie across the establishment. Only when he decides will we see what he is made of. I dont hold much hope.
Can you honestly see the day when the Mc Canns and associates are questioned?

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Mirage on 04.05.16 21:06

Various thoughts have occurred to me today with regard to the police and politicians.

First, the remit of the Hutton Inquiry: "The circumstances surrounding the death of Dr David Kelly". Sounds open-ended. Until you realise it was the case of a suspicious death being denied an inquest in a coroner's court. The Hutton inquiry called the people they wanted to hear from and ignored others. Result: a finding of suicide from someone without the qualifications to do so, and despite objections from a group of doctors. This case was exceptional in that it was the first time a suspicious death has been denied an inquest in the history of British coroners' courts.

Secondly the mysterious case of Gareth Williams (the spy in the bag). His inquest found that his death was "unnatural and likely to have been criminally mediated". There was subsequently a re-investigation by the MET which concluded his death was "probably an accident". His family believe that crucial DNA was interfered with and that fingerprints left at the scene were wiped off as part of a cover up. No fingerprints, palm-prints, footprints or traces of William's DNA were found on the rim of the bath, the bag zip or the bag padlock. The key to the padlock was inside the bag, underneath his body.

Given all this alleged wiping of DNA I listened carefully when Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt justified the Met's re-investigation, a result that over-rode that of a coroner. He said no DNA of any "third party" was found in that flat! All depressingly familiar isn't it?

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Bishop Brennan on 05.05.16 3:14

@April28th wrote:Let's say we do get this 'innocent' line, and the case is wrapped up as unsolvable in the UK, and the Portuguese case closes concurrently (I don't think either is likely, just hypothesising here). What then happens if Mr. Amaral does take them to court, would we then get extradition controversy? That would create legitimate tensions on both sides and possibly escalate things further.

Whatever the case it's lucky for us, for justice most importantly for Madeleine that Mr. Amaral is willing to play the long game.

I think that Amaral is smart enough to realise that McCanns will never be brought to trial (insufficient evidence, no body, active interference from UK). He's been fighting all these years for his reputation, his livelihood and his right to be heard. He didn't seek the fight - he simply wrote a book. Everything that happened since was defending himself against the sustained and well-financed attacks from the McCanns.

So I don't think he's playing a "long game" as you put it. There is no pathway now to convict the McCanns of anything. They wanted full exoneration from SY and the destruction of Amaral. They will probably get the SY exoneration in a few months, but so far at least Amaral has managed to defeat them. His long game I suspect will be to live a quiet, peaceful life - promoting his book, writing another and never having to see the McCanns ever again.



Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by MaryB on 05.05.16 9:28

They want to be 'somebodies'.  That was clear from the outset with the photoshoots balloons, staged appearances and so on.  They want the interviews the celeb following and the TV appearances.  They like the limelight.  And anyone who stands in the way of that will be a problem.

MaryB

Posts : 204
Reputation : 45
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by HelenMeg on 05.05.16 9:42

@MaryB wrote:They want to be 'somebodies'.  That was clear from the outset with the photoshoots balloons, staged appearances and so on.  They want the interviews the celeb following and the TV appearances.  They like the limelight.  And anyone who stands in the way of that will be a problem.
Actually I disagree.  I think they want to be exonerated and that they cannot bear the thought of leading the remainder of their lives with the public thinking that they are guilty of something. I think that fuels their
public appearances. Yes at first, when they were treated like celebrities and made to feel important - they appeared to enjoy that - but they have a deeper wish to be 'respected' and until that happens (which it never will because the doubt will always be hanging over them) there will always be publicity stunts to try and win over a 'positive' public image.  They will always be tainted though - no matter what.

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 05.05.16 10:19

@HelenMeg wrote:
@Carrry On Doctor wrote:I think it is important to separate the investigation from the political will behind it.

Too much emphasis is put on the OG remit of seemingly 'abduction only'. Yes, it is publicly understood as an abduction, but it is an IMPOSSIBILITY that OG do not genuinely suspect the TM's. To suggest that a vast team of murder squad detectives, with all their experience, have been genuinely chasing pimplemen seems unfair and quite disrespectful.

OG was commissioned to find answers and I believe it has a pretty good idea of what happened, but that is a totally different thing to what the politicians choose do with that information. It seemed quite apparent from the BHH interview last week that he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. BHH emphasised that OG was requested by the government, and it seems they will now have to deal the consequences of their findings, however unpalatable.

Post GA ruling, DC and the politicians know that the genie is out of the bottle, and its only going to get worse. The truth WILL come out at some point. If the politicians decide to shelve the findings of OG, then SY and the government face huge criticism and Operation Grange should be renamed Operation Whistleblower. Too many people are in the know, and Hillsborough has changed a lot.
I dont think we can separate the investigation from the political will behind it  - unfortunately. From the start, Buck was raising red flags as to the integrity of the family Mc Cann + friends. To then subsequently assign a remit such as 'investigate the  'abduction' as if.... etc' to the (1). Op Grange review / investigation was a clear intent to constrain findings. OG cannot suspect Mc Cann under a remit of 'abduction' and will never do so unless the remit has been changed.
If the investigation was being done properly and not part of a PR / Propoganda strategy then we would never have been subject to the cringingly twisted updates by Redwood. We would only receive updates in teh media along similar lines as to how Claudia Lawrence case is reported. Factual, timely and professional. (2) OG will only find and reveal what DC decides it can reveal. DC cant seem to decide how to play it and obviously lacks any 'courage'. He seems unable to rise above the twisted networks of power and corruption that lie across the establishment. Only when he decides will we see what he is made of. I dont hold much hope.
(3) Can you honestly see the day when the Mc Canns and associates are questioned?

Hello @HelenMeg, and thank you for your (as always) polite and reasoned response.
My own responses to bolded & numbered as follows;

1. As per my original post, I think too much is made of the description of the remit. What else could they say ? SY couldn't publicly describe OG as an 'Investigation into the T9'. I cant see investigators showing their hand or providing an honest running commentary.
2. Agreed, irrespective of the authenticity of OG.
3. Yes. Even if OG does turn out to be a whitewash, there are far too many people involved in OG for this not to happen in the future.

I must admit I do have my dark days, and the howls of conspiracy are particularly loud at the moment, but I am a great believer in the truth coming out in the end.

Carrry On Doctor

Posts : 344
Reputation : 141
Join date : 2014-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by April28th on 05.05.16 10:25

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
@April28th wrote:Let's say we do get this 'innocent' line, and the case is wrapped up as unsolvable in the UK, and the Portuguese case closes concurrently (I don't think either is likely, just hypothesising here). What then happens if Mr. Amaral does take them to court, would we then get extradition controversy? That would create legitimate tensions on both sides and possibly escalate things further.

Whatever the case it's lucky for us, for justice most importantly for Madeleine that Mr. Amaral is willing to play the long game.

I think that Amaral is smart enough to realise that McCanns will never be brought to trial (insufficient evidence, no body, active interference from UK).  He's been fighting all these years for his reputation, his livelihood and his right to be heard.  He didn't seek the fight - he simply wrote a book.  Everything that happened since was defending himself against the sustained and well-financed attacks from the McCanns.  

So I don't think he's playing a "long game" as you put it.  There is no pathway now to convict the McCanns of anything.  They wanted full exoneration from SY and the destruction of Amaral.  They will probably get the SY exoneration in a few months, but so far at least Amaral has managed to defeat them.  His long game I suspect will be to live a quiet, peaceful life - promoting his book, writing another and never having to see the McCanns ever again.


   

You make good points. But I mean, Amaral knows a lot that we don't. He knows details that were withheld from the files, lines of enquiry that weren't seen through etc.

He could have blurted these out at the outset. He didn't. He released his book on the investigation and only included what was already released in the files.

He holds a lot of bullets. If he'd used them in the early days, he'd have been discredited in a shot on both sides of the sea. This is what I mean by the long game. He could quite possibly sink them in a courtroom but knows enough not to play his hand.

You could be right that he won't want to pursue this. Then again, when you've experienced losing everything that can give you a nothing to lose attitude. This, pride, empathy and the desire to be remembered for the right reasons, well, I think we'd be guessing what he must be thinking either way.

April28th

Posts : 294
Reputation : 201
Join date : 2015-07-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 05.05.16 10:28

@HelenMeg wrote:
@MaryB wrote:They want to be 'somebodies'.  That was clear from the outset with the photoshoots balloons, staged appearances and so on.  They want the interviews the celeb following and the TV appearances.  They like the limelight.  And anyone who stands in the way of that will be a problem.
Actually I disagree.  I think they want to be exonerated and that they cannot bear the thought of leading the remainder of their lives with the public thinking that they are guilty of something. I think that fuels their
public appearances. Yes at first, when they were treated like celebrities and made to feel important - they appeared to enjoy that - but they have a deeper wish to be 'respected' and until that happens (which it never will because the doubt will always be hanging over them) there will always be publicity stunts to try and win over a 'positive' public image.  They will always be tainted though - no matter what.
Yes, I agree with you.

But surely when Operation Grange concludes their whitewash they will be exonerated and the Portuguese will, once again, be portrayed as bungling cops? The British Media will then most likely stop reporting anything from the Portuguese as it will just continue to fuel the fire.

Dare we hope that the McCanns will just disappear then? God, I hope so, because I cannot bear to see them in the papers and on the tv anymore. Except Kate, as long as she remains Ambassador for Missing People, will always have her nose in the limelight.

I don't see the press reporting other missing children anniversaries, so why should the press continue to report on theirs once the whitewash is complete?

Yes, there will always be doubt from the people who have followed this case but the rest of the people will just accept that Portugal messed up and move on.  

And whenever Kate and Gerry come face to face with anyone they will always be unsure which side of the fence they're really on. I would hate to live the rest of my life like that, looking into people's eyes for a clue as to what they really thought of them.

It will be the same for the twins, too, because unless the McCann's disappear totally from the spotlight to let this case become stale news, then this will continue to fester as has other mysterious 'disappearances'/deaths.

I feel very sorry for the people of Portugal who have tried their best to fight the corruption of the UK Government.

Google.Gaspar.Statements

Posts : 345
Reputation : 205
Join date : 2013-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by pennylane on 05.05.16 10:33

@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@MaryB wrote:They want to be 'somebodies'.  That was clear from the outset with the photoshoots balloons, staged appearances and so on.  They want the interviews the celeb following and the TV appearances.  They like the limelight.  And anyone who stands in the way of that will be a problem.
Actually I disagree.  I think they want to be exonerated and that they cannot bear the thought of leading the remainder of their lives with the public thinking that they are guilty of something. I think that fuels their
public appearances. Yes at first, when they were treated like celebrities and made to feel important - they appeared to enjoy that - but they have a deeper wish to be 'respected' and until that happens (which it never will because the doubt will always be hanging over them) there will always be publicity stunts to try and win over a 'positive' public image.  They will always be tainted though - no matter what.
Yes, I agree with you.

But surely when Operation Grange concludes their whitewash they will be exonerated and the Portuguese will, once again, be portrayed as bungling cops? The British Media will then most likely stop reporting anything from the Portuguese as it will just continue to fuel the fire.

Dare we hope that the McCanns will just disappear then? God, I hope so, because I cannot bear to see them in the papers and on the tv anymore. Except Kate, as long as she remains Ambassador for Missing People, will always have her nose in the limelight.

I don't see the press reporting other missing children anniversaries, so why should the press continue to report on theirs once the whitewash is complete?

Yes, there will always be doubt from the people who have followed this case but the rest of the people will just accept that Portugal messed up and move on.  

And whenever Kate and Gerry come face to face with anyone they will always be unsure which side of the fence they're really on. I would hate to live the rest of my life like that, looking into people's eyes for a clue as to what they really thought of them.

It will be the same for the twins, too, because unless the McCann's disappear totally from the spotlight to let this case become stale news, then this will continue to fester as has other mysterious 'disappearances'/deaths.

I feel very sorry for the people of Portugal who have tried their best to fight the corruption of the UK Government.
Excellent post GGS!

Although I think you underestimate the enormous damage Goncalo Amaral's books and future interviews will unleash on the McCanns carefully built 'abduction' empire.

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Google.Gaspar.Statements on 05.05.16 10:58

@pennylane wrote:
@Google.Gaspar.Statements wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@MaryB wrote:They want to be 'somebodies'.  That was clear from the outset with the photoshoots balloons, staged appearances and so on.  They want the interviews the celeb following and the TV appearances.  They like the limelight.  And anyone who stands in the way of that will be a problem.
Actually I disagree.  I think they want to be exonerated and that they cannot bear the thought of leading the remainder of their lives with the public thinking that they are guilty of something. I think that fuels their
public appearances. Yes at first, when they were treated like celebrities and made to feel important - they appeared to enjoy that - but they have a deeper wish to be 'respected' and until that happens (which it never will because the doubt will always be hanging over them) there will always be publicity stunts to try and win over a 'positive' public image.  They will always be tainted though - no matter what.
Yes, I agree with you.

But surely when Operation Grange concludes their whitewash they will be exonerated and the Portuguese will, once again, be portrayed as bungling cops? The British Media will then most likely stop reporting anything from the Portuguese as it will just continue to fuel the fire.

Dare we hope that the McCanns will just disappear then? God, I hope so, because I cannot bear to see them in the papers and on the tv anymore. Except Kate, as long as she remains Ambassador for Missing People, will always have her nose in the limelight.

I don't see the press reporting other missing children anniversaries, so why should the press continue to report on theirs once the whitewash is complete?

Yes, there will always be doubt from the people who have followed this case but the rest of the people will just accept that Portugal messed up and move on.  

And whenever Kate and Gerry come face to face with anyone they will always be unsure which side of the fence they're really on. I would hate to live the rest of my life like that, looking into people's eyes for a clue as to what they really thought of them.

It will be the same for the twins, too, because unless the McCann's disappear totally from the spotlight to let this case become stale news, then this will continue to fester as has other mysterious 'disappearances'/deaths.

I feel very sorry for the people of Portugal who have tried their best to fight the corruption of the UK Government.
Excellent post GGS!

Although I think you underestimate the enormous damage Goncalo Amaral's books and future interviews will unleash on the McCanns carefully built 'abduction' empire.
Thank you pennylane.

Yes, there's always Amaral writing books and taking part in future interviews but that will only happen in Portugal not here in the UK. 

I cannot see Amaral's books ever being allowed to be published in the UK and displayed in UK bookshops.

 
I wonder how many other crimes there are in different countries that we don't know about here because it's not allowed to be reported elsewhere?

And, yes, there's the internet of course for those that want to continue to follow this case. But how many uninformed people will simply accept the conclusion of Operation Grange and then not bother to read Amaral's books or watch his future interviews? People will simply not bother to click on links.

How many people, I wonder, have accepted that Princess Diana died because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt but bother to investigate 'conspiracy theories', for I fear that's what will become of Madeleine McCann.

The Madeleine McCann case will have a huge question mark over it, but people will move on. For instance, my sister knows that I've been following this case from the start and the closest she's got to learning anything about it is by reading Kate McCann's book. I do not talk about this case with her because I know which side of the fence she's on and the conclusion of Operation Grange will reinforce her opinion and there will be many people just like her who will simply not bother to read further because there is so much more to do in life.

Google.Gaspar.Statements

Posts : 345
Reputation : 205
Join date : 2013-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Mirage on 05.05.16 11:21

I think they are looking for the things money cannot  buy. Peace of mind, professional status, respect, reputation, social acceptance. All lost when they started telling lies and suing people with donated money. A morality tale of epic proportions.

 Now they are condemned to acting out a lie for the rest of their lives. And getting older brings reflection for us all. We look back, wish we had done better. Most learn from this and develop into better versions of ourselves. We make up for shortcomings. We dote on the grandchildren. We get all sorts of second chances. I am at the stage where the poignant innocence of children touches me deeply.

 These natural experiences and changes as part of personal evolution are cut off and will be part of the price to be paid into the future. It's  like a ghastly version of the Myth of Sisyphus. Constantly rolling that stone up a hill only for the weight to fall back on you at the summit and roll all the way to the bottom again.

 Never fulfilling the person you thought you were going to be when young and ambitious is a heavy burden. There is only one way to set yourself free in this situation. Of course, it brings its own price. But which is the more costly in the end? 

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by melisande on 05.05.16 11:37

@HelenMeg wrote:
@MaryB wrote:They want to be 'somebodies'.  That was clear from the outset with the photoshoots balloons, staged appearances and so on.  They want the interviews the celeb following and the TV appearances.  They like the limelight.  And anyone who stands in the way of that will be a problem.
Actually I disagree.  I think they want to be exonerated and that they cannot bear the thought of leading the remainder of their lives with the public thinking that they are guilty of something. I think that fuels their
public appearances. Yes at first, when they were treated like celebrities and made to feel important - they appeared to enjoy that - but they have a deeper wish to be 'respected' and until that happens (which it never will because the doubt will always be hanging over them) there will always be publicity stunts to try and win over a 'positive' public image.  They will always be tainted though - no matter what.
I agree Helenmeg but they don't just want to exonarated, they NEED to be exonarated. Can they and more importantly, their children, get on with their lives without it. That said, I just don't see how they will ever get it. It is going to have to be some story that SY come up with. There is just too much on the internet now that can't be removed or put down to conspiracy theory nonsense. The facts are there for all to see if they want to.  As you say, no matter what they will always be tainted.

melisande

Posts : 261
Reputation : 181
Join date : 2013-10-05
Location : in my living room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by HelenMeg on 05.05.16 12:58

@Carrry On Doctor wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@Carrry On Doctor wrote:I think it is important to separate the investigation from the political will behind it.

Too much emphasis is put on the OG remit of seemingly 'abduction only'. Yes, it is publicly understood as an abduction, but it is an IMPOSSIBILITY that OG do not genuinely suspect the TM's. To suggest that a vast team of murder squad detectives, with all their experience, have been genuinely chasing pimplemen seems unfair and quite disrespectful.

OG was commissioned to find answers and I believe it has a pretty good idea of what happened, but that is a totally different thing to what the politicians choose do with that information. It seemed quite apparent from the BHH interview last week that he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. BHH emphasised that OG was requested by the government, and it seems they will now have to deal the consequences of their findings, however unpalatable.

Post GA ruling, DC and the politicians know that the genie is out of the bottle, and its only going to get worse. The truth WILL come out at some point. If the politicians decide to shelve the findings of OG, then SY and the government face huge criticism and Operation Grange should be renamed Operation Whistleblower. Too many people are in the know, and Hillsborough has changed a lot.
I dont think we can separate the investigation from the political will behind it  - unfortunately. From the start, Buck was raising red flags as to the integrity of the family Mc Cann + friends. To then subsequently assign a remit such as 'investigate the  'abduction' as if.... etc' to the (1). Op Grange review / investigation was a clear intent to constrain findings. OG cannot suspect Mc Cann under a remit of 'abduction' and will never do so unless the remit has been changed.
If the investigation was being done properly and not part of a PR / Propoganda strategy then we would never have been subject to the cringingly twisted updates by Redwood. We would only receive updates in teh media along similar lines as to how Claudia Lawrence case is reported. Factual, timely and professional. (2) OG will only find and reveal what DC decides it can reveal. DC cant seem to decide how to play it and obviously lacks any 'courage'. He seems unable to rise above the twisted networks of power and corruption that lie across the establishment. Only when he decides will we see what he is made of. I dont hold much hope.
(3) Can you honestly see the day when the Mc Canns and associates are questioned?

Hello @HelenMeg, and thank you for your (as always) polite and reasoned response.
My own responses to bolded & numbered as follows;

1. As per my original post, I think too much is made of the description of the remit. What else could they say ? SY couldn't publicly describe OG as an 'Investigation into the T9'. I cant see investigators showing their hand or providing an honest running commentary.
2. Agreed, irrespective of the authenticity of OG.
3. Yes. Even if OG does turn out to be a whitewash, there are far too many people involved in OG for this not to happen in the future.

I must admit I do have my dark days, and the howls of conspiracy are particularly loud at the moment, but I am a great believer in the truth coming out in the end.
Hi Carryon Doctor

Re 3. Am really glad you think so. I do feel quite despondent at the moment about the possibility of justice..  There are times when I feel great optimism but then something (normally a statement by one of the Met police) sends me back down.

Re 1. Glad you feel that and of course you may be right. But I still think that they did not have to label it in such a specific way - for instance, they could have said 'investigation or review of the disappearance of M'.
If they did actually say 'investigate the abduction as if it had happened in the UK'  then that was unbelievably unprofessional and lacked any form of intelligence.  I find it hard to believe that they did it for any reason other than to deliberately limit the outcomes. 

Anyway, will carry on hoping that the UK will do the right thing eek

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by suzyjohnson on 05.05.16 13:22

'....... If they did actually say 'investigate the abduction as if it had happened in the UK' .......'


Yes, they did actually say that HelenMeg. 


It's my belief that they said it because no one at that time, from the British side (Scotland Yard or the government) had actually looked into the case. I think they just assumed the British were in the right and the Portuguese had got it all wrong.

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by ROSA on 05.05.16 13:51

THE MCCANNS ARE INNOCENT THEN WHY DID THEY DECIDE TO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS RIGHT AT THE START AND APPEAR VERY BRAZEN LIKE THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW ALL THESE YEARS. AND WHY ADVERTISE A PACT OF SILENCE NOT VERY INNOCENT BEHAVIOUR AT ALL. I hope Goncalo Amaral has something he can throw at them at some point.

____________________
For Paulo Sargento, the thesis that Gonçalo Amaral revealed at first hand to "SP" that the blanket could have been used in a funeral ceremony at the Luz chapel "is very interesting".
 
And he adds: "In reality, when the McCanns went to Oprah's Show, the blanket was mentioned. At a given moment, when Oprah tells Kate that she heard her mention a blanket several times, Kate argued that a mother who misses a child always wants to know if she is comfortable, if she is warm, and added, referring to Maddie, that sometimes she asked herself if the person who had taken her would cover her up with her little blanket (but the blanket was on the bed after Maddie, supposedly, disappeared!!!).

ROSA

Posts : 1189
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Lakemba Sydney Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Joss on 05.05.16 14:43

@Verdi wrote:
@Joss wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@willowthewisp wrote:A bit like the hit from Ac/DC,"Dirty deeds not done dirt cheap"?
What is it that the successive UK Governments are afraid to reveal to the public over the disappearance of Madeleine McCann?
'Money for nothing - that's the way to do it...'
Dire Straits, big grin
Quite so - and in more ways than one if I might add.  Now who can we nominate for 'Sultans of Swing'...? 

thing
LOL, smilie

____________________

Joss

Posts : 1899
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Joss on 05.05.16 15:19

@melisande wrote:
@HelenMeg wrote:
@MaryB wrote:They want to be 'somebodies'.  That was clear from the outset with the photoshoots balloons, staged appearances and so on.  They want the interviews the celeb following and the TV appearances.  They like the limelight.  And anyone who stands in the way of that will be a problem.
Actually I disagree.  I think they want to be exonerated and that they cannot bear the thought of leading the remainder of their lives with the public thinking that they are guilty of something. I think that fuels their
public appearances. Yes at first, when they were treated like celebrities and made to feel important - they appeared to enjoy that - but they have a deeper wish to be 'respected' and until that happens (which it never will because the doubt will always be hanging over them) there will always be publicity stunts to try and win over a 'positive' public image.  They will always be tainted though - no matter what.
I agree Helenmeg but they don't just want to exonarated, they NEED to be exonarated. Can they and more importantly, their children, get on with their lives without it. That said, I just don't see how they will ever get it. It is going to have to be some story that SY come up with. There is just too much on the internet now that can't be removed or put down to conspiracy theory nonsense. The facts are there for all to see if they want to.  As you say, no matter what they will always be tainted.
  I agree, If as you say the McCann's need to be publicly exonerated, it won't make any difference because there will always be that portion of the general public that will never see them as innocent in the disappearance of their daughter. There will always be a cloud of suspicion over them, and exonerating them will make them feel better about living a lie? Can they live in denial forever? I wouldn't think so if they are guilty, because sooner or later they will have to deal with that, otherwise they will never start any process of forgiveness & healing if they are guilty of whatever exactly they are guilty of in the fate of their child.

____________________

Joss

Posts : 1899
Reputation : 146
Join date : 2011-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 06.05.16 8:08

Shared courtesy of Pat Brown: Criminal Profiler.

Attention members of other FB pages on Madeleine McCann: I have seen much outrage after the last post I wrote that I now consider the McCanns innocent, that I have flipflopped, that I no longer care about the case. It seems some folks really missed the whole point of the article which was: if you believe that the last line of inquiry of Scotland Yard is the McCanns, this means you believe the Scotland Yard investigation is on the up and up. So, IF they come back with an abduction, then, because you have been saying Scotland Yard is not going to be a whitewash, then, it follows that you must accept their determination and that determination would be THE McCANNS are innocent.

I, for one, do not believe the Scotland Yard investigation is now or ever has been a true investigation; I have ALWAYS believed it is a sham and that they will soon close the case down as an abduction. Because I DO believe it is a whitewash, I will NOT accept their determination; in my eyes, barring major earth shattering evidence, I still believe the McCanns to be top suspects in their daughter's disappearance.

So, if you trust Scotland Yard, then you trust their determination and when they determine an abduction, what then?

If you don't trust Scotland Yard and they determine an abduction, it will come as no surprise.

And here is exactly what I said two years ago about the Scotland Yard sham and you can see I HAVE NEVER CHANGED MY VIEW.

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/ten-reasons-why-i-cant-take-scotland.html

PS. I have never walked away from this case but I am not going to spend hours and hours on theories I do not believe in. I stick by the evidence pointing to an accident on May 3, 2007 and I have written much about the evidence that supports this. Also, considering the lack of polite discussion on this case, I am not going to engage in name-calling and slander because it makes us all look like the trolls the papers call us and this constant belittling of people who do not totally agree with our particular pet theory makes us all look bad. So, folks, I DO encourage you to continue to discuss the case, do so publicly and politely, and, hopefully, one day the truth of this case will be known. I don't believe the truth is going to come from Scotland Yard or from any big public protest in the near future, but, some day far off in the future when those in power are long gone and the truth will not affect them any longer, maybe all the facts will see the light of day.

If you are on one of these boards or a FB page where people are confused about what I am saying, please copy and paste this statement there.



The Daily Profiler: Ten Reasons why I can't take Scotland Yard Seriously in the Madeleine McCann...

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7123
Reputation : 2506
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by BlueBag on 06.05.16 8:24

Yep.

But it was pretty obvious.

BlueBag

Posts : 3434
Reputation : 1275
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by whatsupdoc on 06.05.16 8:26

I thought Pat Brown's piece was poorly written with far too many If...Then , too long and filler material.

I think people like to draw their own conclusions. I certainly do.

I think that writing  "Then the McCanns must be innocent"  was just inviting trouble when this could be cut and pasted as a stand alone.

whatsupdoc

Posts : 527
Reputation : 264
Join date : 2011-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by pennylane on 06.05.16 8:37

Yes that's precisely what happened!  Pat has clarified, and I for one agree with every word in her latest blog post! 

"I, for one, do not believe the Scotland Yard investigation is now or ever has been a true investigation; I have ALWAYS believed it is a sham and that they will soon close the case down as an abduction. Because I DO believe it is a whitewash, I will NOT accept their determination; in my eyes, barring major earth shattering evidence, I still believe the McCanns to be top suspects in their daughter's disappearance."



Thank you for clarifying, and well said Pat Brown!   thumbup

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If the Scotland Yard Review is Legitimate, Then the McCanns are Likely Innocent

Post by plebgate on 06.05.16 8:43

@Mirage wrote:I think they are looking for the things money cannot  buy. Peace of mind, professional status, respect, reputation, social acceptance. All lost when they started telling lies and suing people with donated money. A morality tale of epic proportions.

 Now they are condemned to acting out a lie for the rest of their lives. And getting older brings reflection for us all. We look back, wish we had done better. Most learn from this and develop into better versions of ourselves. We make up for shortcomings. We dote on the grandchildren. We get all sorts of second chances. I am at the stage where the poignant innocence of children touches me deeply.

 These natural experiences and changes as part of personal evolution are cut off and will be part of the price to be paid into the future. It's  like a ghastly version of the Myth of Sisyphus. Constantly rolling that stone up a hill only for the weight to fall back on you at the summit and roll all the way to the bottom again.

 Never fulfilling the person you thought you were going to be when young and ambitious is a heavy burden. There is only one way to set yourself free in this situation. Of course, it brings its own price. But which is the more costly in the end? 
smilie  I think these are very wise words.

plebgate

Posts : 5447
Reputation : 1162
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum