The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by aquila on 01.05.16 8:27

@ChippyM wrote:
@aquila wrote:Fresh agony for The Express as news article is abducted.

The disappearance of a news article barely hours old has sparked an internet hunt. Its author James Murray, is said by a close source to be bloody seething.

This a very sad case Indeed but at least Stephen Robb who reviews the papers at the BBC news site has had a sighting,   so we must hope the article has come to no harm.      (Sorry, can't seem to post link)
A last photograph has been circulated which has sparked a global appeal to have the article returned home safely.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by plebgate on 01.05.16 8:29

@Claire25 wrote:Whoa! Those pics of KM aren't too flattering are they? Even if the article was pulled, it shows that they at least want to start printing facts about the case, as opposed to the usual pink drivel.

Now, how will they get Tannerman back for a reconstruction if the PJ so wished?

ETA - are the PJ likely to release a second lot of files and if so, will this have any info on the SY Bannerman revelations?
ref red highlighting  -  Indeed it does

snipped from the pulled article -
"
In Algarve’s capital, Faro, inquiries by the Sunday Express last week indicated there was cooperation between the police forces. "

Oh YEAH the press are certainly taking an interest.

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 01.05.16 8:29

@Claire25 wrote:Whoa! Those pics of KM aren't too flattering are they?
The two I posted are from interviews where Kate is talking about Maddie.

Yet she can put on an 'anguished' face when discussing Dr Amaral's book.

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7120
Reputation : 2505
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 01.05.16 8:36

@suzyjohnson wrote:So, a couple with a missing child. A girl who, they say, could still be alive and findable. A girl who might still be in danger.

What is their response regarding a reconstruction which just might shed some light on the sequence of events the night they lost her?

They don't want to engage with anything Amaral says.

And, they were advised a reconstruction after so many years would be ''pointless''


Says quite a lot doesn't it? 
For those who haven't seen the emails from the Tapas7 refusing to take part in the original reconstruction:

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Reconstruction%20of%20Maddie's%20disappearance

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic24.html

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7120
Reputation : 2505
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Bishop Brennan on 01.05.16 9:06

@MRNOODLES wrote:
My money's on, he'll drop the book on the market when OG winds up with a feeble excuse. IMO he has two goals to achieve, 1 to crack the case and show he and his team was correct. And 2 he won't let the Portuguese get mugged off by SY, because he knows they'll try and dump the blame on them.

Good call. Makes sense - he won't want to let SY have the last word. Only question is whether he has any new material to share. I suspect not a great deal TBH, as he has to stick with publicly available information to avoid the risk of additional libel suits!

Tony's shout about the analysis done by Richard Hall, and on here by several posters is well made. Language barriers suggest that won't happen, but there is enough material out there to make a really good book. Entirely unlike the shocker produced by S&S!


Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by aquila on 01.05.16 9:14

According to another forum this article is still available in the Scottish edition of The Express.

The story is still available at the Scottish Express online. Here........



‘We must reconstruct Maddie’s fateful night’

http://www.scottishsundayexpress.co.uk/news/uk/666015/Madeleine-McCann-anniversary-reconstruction-portuguese-police-chief-Goncalo-Amaral

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Patience on 01.05.16 9:22

@aquila wrote:According to another forum this article is still available in the Scottish edition of The Express.

The story is still available at the Scottish Express online. Here........



‘We must reconstruct Maddie’s fateful night’

http://www.scottishsundayexpress.co.uk/news/uk/666015/Madeleine-McCann-anniversary-reconstruction-portuguese-police-chief-Goncalo-Amaral
In Algarve’s capital, Faro, inquiries by the Sunday Express last week indicated there was cooperation between the police forces. 
A source said: “If detectives are asked to help with a reconstruction I’m sure they will."


Come on SY.......... what are you waiting for?!!!!

Patience

Posts : 58
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2016-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by aquila on 01.05.16 9:30

@Patience wrote:
@aquila wrote:According to another forum this article is still available in the Scottish edition of The Express.

The story is still available at the Scottish Express online. Here........



‘We must reconstruct Maddie’s fateful night’

http://www.scottishsundayexpress.co.uk/news/uk/666015/Madeleine-McCann-anniversary-reconstruction-portuguese-police-chief-Goncalo-Amaral
In Algarve’s capital, Faro, inquiries by the Sunday Express last week indicated there was cooperation between the police forces. 
A source said: “If detectives are asked to help with a reconstruction I’m sure they will."


Come on SY.......... what are you waiting for?!!!!
There ain't gonna be a reconstruction. It didn't happen at the time of Madeleine's disappearance, it hasn't happened in 9 years and it won't happen in the future.

No-one can be forced to take part in a reconstruction.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Patience on 01.05.16 9:34

@aquila wrote:
@Patience wrote:
@aquila wrote:According to another forum this article is still available in the Scottish edition of The Express.

The story is still available at the Scottish Express online. Here........



‘We must reconstruct Maddie’s fateful night’

http://www.scottishsundayexpress.co.uk/news/uk/666015/Madeleine-McCann-anniversary-reconstruction-portuguese-police-chief-Goncalo-Amaral
In Algarve’s capital, Faro, inquiries by the Sunday Express last week indicated there was cooperation between the police forces. 
A source said: “If detectives are asked to help with a reconstruction I’m sure they will."


Come on SY.......... what are you waiting for?!!!!
There ain't gonna be a reconstruction. It didn't happen at the time of Madeleine's disappearance, it hasn't happened in 9 years and it won't happen in the future.

No-one can be forced to take part in a reconstruction.
I was having a moment of wishful thinking.

Back to reality now....

Patience

Posts : 58
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2016-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Doug D on 01.05.16 9:36

‘Ms Tanner said she saw a man carrying a child in his arms cross a road by apartment 5a.
 
Scotland Yard officers have identified an innocent holidaymaker carrying a child there at the time as being the person Ms Tanner saw.
 
Mr Amaral said: “This is a crucial area for the reconstruction. We now know Scotland Yard have eliminated the man Jane Tanner saw carrying a child.
 
“It would be important for the person Scotland Yard has identified to take part in the reconstruction as this period of time is absolutely crucial.”
 
Must confess I missed that bit pennylane.
 
Have to call DCI Redwood out of retirement to start searching for the mystery man clutching his daughters six year old pyjamas, as nobody else knows who he is and there’s probably nothing about his identity in the OG files.
 
Will they get him to walk left to right or right to left across the end of the road and will GM chat to JW on the left hand side, right hand side or split the difference and stand in the middle of the road as JT sneeks past unseen?
 
‘a reconstruction after so many years would be “pointless”.
  
I don’t think so, it would generate so many awkward questions.

Doug D

Posts : 2149
Reputation : 640
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by aquila on 01.05.16 9:43

@Patience wrote:
@aquila wrote:
@Patience wrote:
@aquila wrote:According to another forum this article is still available in the Scottish edition of The Express.

The story is still available at the Scottish Express online. Here........



‘We must reconstruct Maddie’s fateful night’

http://www.scottishsundayexpress.co.uk/news/uk/666015/Madeleine-McCann-anniversary-reconstruction-portuguese-police-chief-Goncalo-Amaral
In Algarve’s capital, Faro, inquiries by the Sunday Express last week indicated there was cooperation between the police forces. 
A source said: “If detectives are asked to help with a reconstruction I’m sure they will."


Come on SY.......... what are you waiting for?!!!!
There ain't gonna be a reconstruction. It didn't happen at the time of Madeleine's disappearance, it hasn't happened in 9 years and it won't happen in the future.

No-one can be forced to take part in a reconstruction.
I was having a moment of wishful thinking.

Back to reality now....
The only 'reconstruction' I've seen is the home grown epic production of the McCanns and their so-called 'crack team' of investigators soothing a tearful Jane Tanner as Gerry told her in no uncertain terms he was on the opposite side of the road.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Doug D on 01.05.16 10:03

The Scottish Sunday Express link above shows:
 
By JAMES MURRAY IN LISBON, EXCLUSIVE
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, May 1, 2016 | UPDATED: 08:56, Sun, May 1, 2016
 
Nothing different to the original story that I can see.
 
Has it just been ‘updated’ to put it back into a slightly more anonymous ‘Scottish’ edition to try and avoid the flack?
 
It would be interesting to know if it was ‘whooshed’ during the night from the Scottish edition also.
 
 
PS.
 
Wouldn’t it be nice to know who it was that advised them:
 
‘However, it is understood they were advised a reconstruction after so many years would be “pointless”.

Doug D

Posts : 2149
Reputation : 640
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Mirage on 01.05.16 10:10

@aquila wrote:
@Patience wrote:
@aquila wrote:According to another forum this article is still available in the Scottish edition of The Express.

The story is still available at the Scottish Express online. Here........



‘We must reconstruct Maddie’s fateful night’

http://www.scottishsundayexpress.co.uk/news/uk/666015/Madeleine-McCann-anniversary-reconstruction-portuguese-police-chief-Goncalo-Amaral
In Algarve’s capital, Faro, inquiries by the Sunday Express last week indicated there was cooperation between the police forces. 
A source said: “If detectives are asked to help with a reconstruction I’m sure they will."


Come on SY.......... what are you waiting for?!!!!
There ain't gonna be a reconstruction. It didn't happen at the time of Madeleine's disappearance, it hasn't happened in 9 years and it won't happen in the future.

No-one can be forced to take part in a reconstruction.

They can't stop me reconstructing it in my head though, can they? Or the rest of Jo Public - using their naff statements. 


Not much they can do about Goncalo re-examining the timeline in his new book, either. I understand another timeline was discovered (in addition to the  sticker book ones) written by KH and it is different again.  

A reconstruction using the tapas statements exists on YouTube. A comedy featuring the tapas lot barging about, bumping into one another and barely parking their asses at the tapas bar long enough to glug 12 mls of wine let alone 12 bottles. And all inspirationally set to the Benny Hill theme tune.

There is also a half-assed reconstruction (missing KH, DP, FP, RoB, DW) orchestrated by Gerald, who demonstrates by gazing up at a stone wall, how he came to miss the sighting of the century as well as the sight-ee. Evidently, he was much exercised with the vicissitudes of childcare at the time and discussing it with a virtual stranger.

That reconstruction was notable for JT opening her trap to opine Gerald had been gone a long time. She remembered this particularly, because KH had remarked he must have been watching the footie! I would like to know more about the footie. And where KH imagined GM might have been viewing said footie. Was there a tv in 5a?

There was also the Crimewatch recon, filmed in Spain at the request of the Mcs it was said and missing DP FP and DW. This one featured the bedroom door hung the wrong side, thereby opening against MBM's bed and rendering all testimony by MO a complete pig in a poke. I think fondly of that production as the camera kept panning in on a yellow duck floating on the pool. At the time, my brain was sufficiently addled to imagine this was some sort of subliminal reassurance to followers of the case to keep the faith and that soon, v-e-ery soon, it would transpire that OG were really proper detectives with a cunning plan. A sort of duck decoy.


 
Well, that's a brief round up of recons to date. If they don't like others establishing anomalies in their testimonies now, they can hardly start whining: "No, it didn't go like that!"

Tough tapas!

____________________
Kate McCann: "It's too 'ot. Give 'im a minute."

Mirage

Posts : 1665
Reputation : 382
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by pennylane on 01.05.16 10:43

I'm extremely impressed with this article I must say, even the picture of Dr Amaral is superb! 

Well done Mr James Murray! thumbup

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by suzyjohnson on 01.05.16 10:48

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:So, a couple with a missing child. A girl who, they say, could still be alive and findable. A girl who might still be in danger.

What is their response regarding a reconstruction which just might shed some light on the sequence of events the night they lost her?

They don't want to engage with anything Amaral says.

And, they were advised a reconstruction after so many years would be ''pointless''


Says quite a lot doesn't it? 
For those who haven't seen the emails from the Tapas7 refusing to take part in the original reconstruction:

http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Reconstruction%20of%20Maddie's%20disappearance

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic24.html

Shocking isn't it? To my mind this has been one of the strongest indicators that the tapas group know what happened to little Madeleine. How could you possibly explain the heartless response to a request to help locate a missing child in danger, unless of course, they know, for a fact, that she is not in need of any help.

____________________


suzyjohnson

Posts : 1004
Reputation : 132
Join date : 2013-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 01.05.16 10:56

No mention of Dr Amaral's new book in this updated article?

The 'fresh agony' must have been too much for the McCann's and they've issued an injunction perhaps?

Get'emGonçalo


Posts : 7120
Reputation : 2505
Join date : 2009-11-25

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by ChippyM on 01.05.16 11:08

I think Amaral is calling SY's bluff with the request to have crecheman in the reconstruction. It's a way of saying something is off about Op. Grange without directly saying it. He's saying show us the man that got Jane Tanner off the hook and if they don't what would be the reason ?

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by pennylane on 01.05.16 11:09

@Get'emGonçalo wrote:No mention of Dr Amaral's new book in this updated article?

The 'fresh agony' must have been too much for the McCann's and they've issued an injunction perhaps?

Yes I thought it looked a bit different.   Grrrrrr!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by noddy100 on 01.05.16 11:12

I think this creche man is a huge error on the part of OG
It is obvious they haven't located him etc etc
In this day of media saturation and endless tracking down of 
even the most minor POI in any story he would have been all over the papers if
he existed and the McCanns themselves would have perched him next to themselves
on any sofa who'd have them
It is an excellent move by GA to bring this up

noddy100

Posts : 697
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by plebgate on 01.05.16 11:17

@ChippyM wrote:I think Amaral is calling SY's bluff with the request to have crecheman in the reconstruction. It's a way of saying something is off about Op. Grange without directly saying it. He's saying show us the man that got Jane Tanner off the hook and if they don't what would be the reason ?
Rocky A. is a very canny man, always, always a reason he mentions something (IMO).

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by pennylane on 01.05.16 11:18

@ChippyM wrote:I think Amaral is calling SY's bluff with the request to have crecheman in the reconstruction. It's a way of saying something is off about Op. Grange without directly saying it. He's saying show us the man that got Jane Tanner off the hook and if they don't what would be the reason ?

Oh you betcha!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by sallypelt on 01.05.16 11:35

@pennylane wrote:I'm extremely impressed with this article I must say, even the picture of Dr Amaral is superb! 

Well done Mr James Murray! thumbup
Such a welcoming article to read, when it refers to Goncalo Amaral as "Mr Amaral" rather than that "crooked cop" or that "disgraced cop". A little bit of respect goes a long way, regardless of whom they are writing about.

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by Doug D on 01.05.16 11:37

GeG:
 
‘No mention of Dr Amaral's new book in this updated article?’
 
There never was in the original copy of the article posted by Joana last night, which has now reappeared in all on-line editions and is the one recommending a reconstruction:
 
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/666015/Madeleine-McCann-anniversary-reconstruction-portuguese-police-chief-Goncalo-Amaral
 
The article about the second book is:
 
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/666020/Madeleine-McCann-maddie-anniversary-detective-book-Goncalo-Amaral
 
“I have written another book, examining the timeline and what people have said, and I am looking to publish that. 
 
I enjoy writing books and relaxing and I will continue to do that.”
 
Bring on book three Goncalo!

Doug D

Posts : 2149
Reputation : 640
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Fresh agony for the McCanns"

Post by MRNOODLES on 01.05.16 11:39

@sallypelt wrote:
@pennylane wrote:I'm extremely impressed with this article I must say, even the picture of Dr Amaral is superb! 

Well done Mr James Murray! thumbup
Such a welcoming article to read, when it refers to Goncalo Amaral as "Mr Amaral" rather than that "crooked cop" or that "disgraced cop". A little bit of respect goes a long way, regardless of whom they are writing about.

And a long way if you're feeling twitchy, if Mr Amaral wants to don his suing hat. big grin

MRNOODLES

Posts : 637
Reputation : 200
Join date : 2013-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum