The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Mm11

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Mm11

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Regist10

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Empty Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by pendragon2007 26.04.16 18:22

@NickE wrote:I wonder if this "last line" has something to do with this?

Snipped from Express October 2014
Met Police team led by DCI Andy Redwood announced their wish to look again at forensic material collected in the early days of the Madeleine McCann investigation during a visit to the university town of Coimbra earlier this month.

They met with the bosses of Portugal’s Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences in Coimbra, two hours drive north of Lisbon, where most of the material, also said to include 25 blood and saliva samples, is held.

Institute president Francisco Brizida, said afterwards: “I have the certainty they went away very happy.”

“The tonic of the meeting was about the possibility of the tests on samples collected in 2007 being re-done.

“The British police wanted clarification on the examinations the institute had carried out during the early stages of the inquiry in the areas of genetics and biology.

“We talked about non-identified material that was collected in Madeleine’s apartment.

“I can’t say for sure new DNA tests that didn’t yield a conclusive result in 2007 could now yield an objective result.

“But technology nowadays allows us to go further than years ago in areas like genetic markers.

“Several possibilities are open. One could be that British police do the tests in Britain with British technology and another that the institute does them.

“But that’s an area in which the institute does not have the last word. There’s a situation of judicial cooperation and a new international letter of request would be necessary.
I sincerely hope Portugal’s Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences in Coimbra did not pass the samples they have over to Andy Redwood and co. as UK has already "lost" one lot of tested DNA so chances are they may "accidentally" loose the next lot. UK forensics was later closed down so we can't check what they did, or lost. In any case as I outlined in my post DIVERSION AHEAD we don't know that anyone has a genuine reference sample for genuine Madeleine's DNA to enable a proper comparison. As I remember it there was no DNA found in apartment and reference sample was from pillow GM collected on a visit home shortly after Madeleine went "Missing".  The "new international letter of request" could be the one commented on so we must wait and see what happens next - if we ever get to find out. GA did mention that the solution may well be found through the DNA.
                                                                  Don't forget :-     THE TRUTH IS STILL OUT THERE   (The X Files).
pendragon2007
pendragon2007

Activity : 151

Back to top Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Empty Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Tony Bennett 26.04.16 18:45

Estelle wrote:Can anyone enlighten me please?

What is the difference between the Met and MI5?  Amaral mentions the MI5.

Met = Police.
MI5 = Government security services. 

If the Met ceases its investigation, does it mean that the PJ will stop too?  

The Portuguese Police never re-started any investigation. They said they did, just to keep the peace and appear to be co-operating. One press report about two years ago referred to 'open warfare' between the two forces. The PJ can't stand the British police and security forces' handling of this investigation.   

How can the Met whitewash this case when the crime occurred in Portugal?

By repeatedly influencing public perception of it? 

If the PT investigation continues, will witnesses and suspects have to be extradited? 

There is no Portuguese investigation. They are fed up with the whole British circus.

Or can the PJ go to the UK and interview as they did before?

They won't waste their time.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 26.04.16 18:56

BlueBag wrote:
Richard IV wrote:"If somebody comes forward and gives us good evidence we will follow it."

Plenty of people have already sent you bundles of good evidence, but you`ve obviously decided to ignore it - now why is that Bernard ?
Do dogs count as "someone"?
I think they can count twice... Eddie & Keela ;-)
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by lj 26.04.16 19:04

poppydog wrote:What if the final line of enquiry is the parents...?  big grin

IN that case I will personally grovel and apologize to every member of OG. Somehow I have the feeling I don't have to worry.

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/
lj
lj

Activity : 3590

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle 26.04.16 19:12

Tony Bennett wrote:
Estelle wrote:Thanks, Tony. What are you trying to achieve this Friday?I have not been following this case for a while now. 

Can anyone enlighten me please?

What is the difference between the Met and MI5?  Amaral mentions the MI5.

Met = Police.
MI5 = Government security services. 

Why does Amaral mention the MI5?

If the Met ceases its investigation, does it mean that the PJ will stop too?  

The Portuguese Police never re-started any investigation. They said they did, just to keep the peace and appear to be co-operating. One press report about two years ago referred to 'open warfare' between the two forces. The PJ can't stand the British police and security forces' handling of this investigation.   

I had understood that it was a joint investigation. So it looks as if there never will be justice. 

How can the Met whitewash this case when the crime occurred in Portugal?

By repeatedly influencing public perception of it? 

That's why the media is so important but the tide seems to be turning now? 

If the PT investigation continues, will witnesses and suspects have to be extradited? 

There is no Portuguese investigation. They are fed up with the whole British circus.

So Amaral has no hope of seeing justice being done and all he can do is write books on the subject?

Or can the PJ go to the UK and interview as they did before?

They won't waste their time.

So there is little hope left then for justice. 
Estelle
Estelle

Activity : 471

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.04.16 19:49

lj wrote:
poppydog wrote:What if the final line of enquiry is the parents...?  big grin

IN that case I will personally grovel and apologize to every member of OG. Somehow I have the feeling I don't have to worry.
What if the last line of enquiry should have been the first?

Well... the tax payer would be £12 million better off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 26.04.16 20:14

Transcript

Unknown caller - Hi, hi, good morning, my question is regarding to Madeleine McCann...

Nick Ferrari (host) - Oh yes.

Unknown caller - ...what chances can we find this girl?

Nick Ferrari - This is I think another additional 95,000 pounds that has been earmarked by the Home Office, I think, for Scotland Yard Sir Bernard, and that would mean around six months the investigations can continue.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Yeah, Michael (the caller) as you know there's been a lot of investigation time spent on this is, it's a terrible case isn't it, it's a child who went missing and everybody wants to know if she is alive if she is, where is she, and if suddenly she is dead then we need to give some comfort to the family, so it needed us to carry out an investigation together with the Portuguese and other countries have been involved and there is a line of inquiry that remains to be concluded and it's expected in the coming months that will happen. The size of the teams came down radically, I think we're now down to two or three people in that team, at one stage was about 30 officers in it, ahm, essentially it's a Portuguese inquiry...

Nick Ferrari - What do thirty people do all day Commissioner?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, the first steps they had to do was to actually review and look at all the things the Portuguese had done, to see whether or not there was anything we could offer that, you know, might help with that investigation, had they missed anything, now we do that for ourselves and the Portuguese review. So we thought, well, we were asked by the Prime Minister before I arrived, to see whether or not there was anything we could do to help that investigation. Our review...

Nick Ferrari - It takes thirty officers?!

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, err, yep, but just bear in mind what happened there, so you got thousands of pages, I went in to one of our police stations back in 2011 and there was a whole room full of documents that this inquiry had produced, you know, from the hundreds of witnesses statements, to all every card they checked out, from all, you know, these inquiries for those who don't get involved in them don't realize just what they generate, huge amounts of material, and of course, these all have to be translated.

Nick Ferrari - Yes.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - This didn't start out in English.

Nick Ferrari - Sure.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - They were translated into English.

Nick Ferrari - Have you moved forward in any way?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - I, well, that's what I'm indicating, is that first of all we had to extinguish the possibilities that existed in terms of inquiry, I think some of those have been stopped and there is a line of inquiry I think is, well, everybody agrees, is worthwhile pursuing.

Nick Ferrari - How long will this go on? When will you finally be prepared to stand down operation, I think it's Operation Grange, isn't it?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, really at the moment it will be the conclusion of this line of inquiry, unless something else comes up.

Nick Ferrari - So, you'd spend more money, again? Another 95,000 pound?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, if somebody comes to me, if somebody comes forward and gives good evidence we'll follow it.

Nick Ferrari - Yes.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - We always say that, ahm, you know, a missing child inquiry is never closed.

Nick Ferrari - Yes, but there are a hundred eighty-seven missing children in Britain, not all fortunately of the circumstances of Madeleine McCann. How come this one attracts so much attention and indeed funding?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, of course, you know, this was a decision of the government, that in this case they wanted to fund the Metropolitan Police to make this inquiry. If you remember, of course, this poor girl came from Leicestershire area, and was obviously aboard in Portugal at the time. So, we went, the Home Office, the government asked the Met to get involved and we have done our best as anybody humanly can, to try and find this girl, and that's surely the thing that drives us all. Newspapers have got involved, private investigators got involved..

Nick Ferrari - So, you don't see any standing down in the near future of Operation Grange?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, I thought it was clear(?), which is first of all, the line of inquiry that is being pursued, that obviously is important, it's important in the coming months that is resolved and I think it will be, if something new comes forward of course we'll investigate it, but that line of inquiry probably is, at the moment, is the conclusion of this inquiry.

broadcast by LBC radio, April 26, 2016

http://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41063

Back to top Go down

Post by paddinton 26.04.16 20:36

I've followed this from the very beginning, Mirror forum then 3 Arguidos. I read occasionally but very rarely post because the views seem so incredibly negative.

Do you all really believe that British coppers are happy to collude in a 'cover up' involving the demise of a toddler?

What does 'conclusion' mean to you?
paddinton

Activity : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.04.16 20:37

Get'emGonçalo wrote:

Transcript

Unknown caller - Hi, hi, good morning, my question is regarding to Madeleine McCann...

Nick Ferrari - This is I think another additional 95,000 pounds that has been earmarked by the Home Office, I think, for Scotland Yard Sir Bernard, and that would mean around six months the investigations can continue.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Yeah, Michael (the caller) as you know there's been a lot of investigation time spent on this is, it's a terrible case isn't it, it's a child who went missing and everybody wants to know if she is alive if she is, where is she, and if suddenly she is dead then we need to give some comfort to the family, so it needed us to carry out an investigation together with the Portuguese and other countries have been involved and there is a line of inquiry that remains to be concluded and it's expected in the coming months that will happen. The size of the teams came down radically, I think we're now down to two or three people in that team, at one stage was about 30 officers in it, ahm, essentially it's a Portuguese inquiry...

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, the first steps they had to do was to actually review and look at all the things the Portuguese had done, to see whether or not there was anything we could offer that, you know, might help with that investigation, had they missed anything, now we do that for ourselves and the Portuguese review. So we thought, well, we were asked by the Prime Minister before I arrived, to see whether or not there was anything we could do to help that investigation. Our review...

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, err, yep, but just bear in mind what happened there, so you got thousands of pages, I went in to one of our police stations back in 2011 and there was a whole room full of documents that this inquiry had produced, you know, from the hundreds of witnesses statements, to all every card they checked out, from all, you know, these inquiries for those who don't get involved in them don't realize just what they generate, huge amounts of material, and of course, these all have to be translated.

Nick Ferrari - Yes.

Nick Ferrari - Sure.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - I, well, that's what I'm indicating, is that first of all we had to extinguish the possibilities that existed in terms of inquiry, I think some of those have been stopped and there is a line of inquiry I think is, well, everybody agrees, is worthwhile pursuing.

Nick Ferrari - How long will this go on? When will you finally be prepared to stand down operation, I think it's Operation Grange, isn't it?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, really at the moment it will be the conclusion of this line of inquiry, unless something else comes up.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, if somebody comes to me, if somebody comes forward and gives good evidence we'll follow it.

Nick Ferrari - Yes.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - We always say that, ahm, you know, a missing child inquiry is never closed.

Nick Ferrari - Yes, but there are a hundred eighty-seven missing children in Britain, not all fortunately of the circumstances of Madeleine McCann. How come this one attracts so much attention and indeed funding?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, of course, you know, this was a decision of the government, that in this case they wanted to fund the Metropolitan Police to make this inquiry. If you remember, of course, this poor girl came from Leicestershire area, and was obviously aboard in Portugal at the time. So, we went, the Home Office, the government asked the Met to get involved and we have done our best as anybody humanly can, to try and find this girl, and that's surely the thing that drives us all. Newspapers have got involved, private investigators got involved..

Nick Ferrari - So, you don't see any standing down in the near future of Operation Grange?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, I thought it was clear(?), which is first of all, the line of inquiry that is being pursued, that obviously is important, it's important in the coming months that is resolved and I think it will be, if something new comes forward of course we'll investigate it, but that line of inquiry probably is, at the moment, is the conclusion of this inquiry.

eyebrows   Rabbit - headlights - caught in!  Waffle waffle waffle blah blah blah ...

Disgusted o Tunbridge Wells.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 26.04.16 20:40

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, the first steps they had to do was to actually review and look at all the things the Portuguese had done, to see whether or not there was anything we could offer that, you know, might help with that investigation, had they missed anything, now we do that for ourselves and the Portuguese review. So we thought, well, we were asked by the Prime Minister before I arrived, to see whether or not there was anything we could do to help that investigation.

whistling

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, of course, you know, this was a decision of the government, that in this case they wanted to fund the Metropolitan Police to make this inquiry. If you remember, of course, this poor girl came from Leicestershire area, and was obviously aboard in Portugal at the time. So, we went, the Home Office, the government asked the Met to get involved and we have done our best as anybody humanly can, to try and find this girl, and that's surely the thing that drives us all. Newspapers have got involved, private investigators got involved..nah

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.04.16 20:42

This is going off-piste more than a bit so I'll probably get a slapped wrist but there is a vague connection - crime = forensic analysis = police corruption = public deception = whitewashing = case closed!

The last couple of evenings I've been watching a couple of episodes of the documentary series 'Autopsy - Last Days Of'.   Dr Richard Shepherd, a leading forensic pathologist who featured prominently in some of the most high profile death cases in modern day history, including Dr. David Kelly and Princess Diana;   speaking of the death of Michael Jackson said "there are no celebrities on the mortuary slab".   I disagree, the celebrity status increases with every cut of the knife - why else would those involved be so desperate to deceive the public.

If you read up on Dr. Shepherd's illustrious career taking particular notice of the inquiry into the death of Dr. David Kelly, it becomes clear just how far the establishment are prepared to go to cover up an awkward embarrassing death.  I'll say no more.

Dr. Richard Shepherd in brief..

Dr Shepherd is the leading forensic pathologist in the UK. He is a Visiting Professor at City University London, Honorary Consultant at The Royal Liverpool Hospital and a registered UK Home Office Forensic Pathologist.

He was sent to New York to advise on the management of UK fatalities following 9/11 and to Bali following the bomb attack on the Sari Club. He was also the forensic pathological expert for the Bloody Sunday Inquiry and the Inquiry and Inquest into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Mr Dodi Al Fayed.

He has recently provided the Attorney General with a review of the forensic pathological aspects of the death of Dr David Kelly, a scientist employed by the British Ministry of Defence and formerly a United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq.

He also worked on the controversial Rachel Nickell murder case in the UK.

Dr Shepherd has been involved in the investigation of natural, suicidal and homicidal deaths on behalf of both the defence and prosecution for more than 25 years and has experience in the field of deaths in custody and during restraint.

http://internationaljusticeconference.com/forensic-expert-speakers/dr-richard-sheppard/#sthash.q6IsjVzP.dpuf

Just the tip of the iceberg but striking similarities.  As they say - all roads lead to Rome.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 26.04.16 21:10

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-not-surprised-7838556

Can someone post the article for me please?

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV 26.04.16 21:16

[size=60]Madeleine McCann's parents "not surprised" police probe could end in a few months
[/size]

• 16:58, 26 APR 2016

• UPDATED 17:16, 26 APR 2016

• BY MARTIN FRICKER
    Only a handful of detectives remain on the case and they are following just one remaining line of inquiry

PA*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Madeleine-McCann
Police are following one last line of enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance
Madeleine McCann's parents are "not surprised" the investigation into their daughter's disappearance could end in the next few months.
Britain’s most senior police officer said a handful of detectives are following just one remaining line of inquiry.
Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe said unless any new evidence emerges, that will spell the end of the British probe.
A close friend of Kate and Gerry said: “They’ve been waiting for the end for some time.
“They are not in the least surprised and it is something they expected after all these years.

Getty*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Kate-and-Gerry-McCann
Kate and Gerry McCann have been expecting this to happen, says a close friend

“They are aware police want to pursue one remaining line of inquiry but have been told not to discuss it publicly.
“When the investigation formally ends Kate and Gerry have always said they would continue the search for Madeleine themselves.
“It’s a boost to them that the police remain hopefully she could still be alive.”
Read more: Madeleine McCann investigation to end 'within months'
Family spokesperson Clarence Mitchell said: “Kate and Gerry are aware of the Commissioner’s comments.
“They remain incredibly grateful to the Met Police for all they have done and continue to do in the search for Madeleine.”

PA*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Bernard-Hogan-Howe
Bernard Hogan-Howe has said the investigation could be over in a few months

Portuguese authorities re-opened their much-criticised inquiry in 2013 to run alongside the Met investigation.
There are now fears they could also shelve their probe - leaving no police force actively looking for Madeleine.
Sir Bernard’s announcement will come as a major blow to her parents Kate and Gerry McCann, from Rothley, Leics.
Read more: Madeleine McCann’s parents 'seething' as police chief wins libel appeal against them
The three-year-old vanished from their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May 2007.
They left Madeleine alone with her twin siblings while they dined with friends in a nearby tapas restaurant.

Despite a high-profile hunt involving UK and Portuguese police, no trace of the tot has ever been found.
Speaking on radio station LBC Sir Bernard admitted Operation Grange, which began four years ago, was coming to an end.
Read more: Madeleine McCann can still be found alive, says top cop
The Met Commissioner said: “There’s been a lot of investigation time spent on this terrible case. It’s a child who went missing.
“Everybody wants to know if she is alive and, if she is, where is she?
“And sadly if she’s dead then we need to give some comfort to the family.

Ian Vogler/Daily Mirror*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Kate-McCann-and-Gerry-McCann
Kate and Gerry McCann have vowed to continue their own investigaton

“It’s needed us to carry out an investigation together with the Portuguese and other countries have been involved.
“There is a line of inquiry that remains to be concluded and it’s expected that in the coming months that will happen.”
Asked when Operation Grange - the Met’s review into Maddie’s disappearance - will end, he added: “It would be at the conclusion of this line of inquiry unless something else comes up.
“If something new comes forward we will investigate it, but that line of inquiry probably at the moment is the conclusion of this inquiry.”
Scotland Yard refused to say what the final line of inquiry - which Mr Hogan-Howe said is ‘worthwhile pursuing’ - is about.

PA*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Madeleine-McCann
Madeleine McCann has been missing since 2007

But it is believed to be a possible link between a series of burglaries in Praia da Luz around the time Madeleine vanished.
Operation Grange was launched in 2011 following widespread criticism of the bungled Portuguese police investigation.
But detectives have made no arrests despite investigating 60 people of interest and taking over 1,300 statements.
Officers also investigated 560 lines of enquiry and even dug up parts of Praia da Luz in 2014 in a search for clues.
There have been nearly 9,000 reported sightings of Madeleine around the world since her disappearance.

There have been nearly 9,000 sightings of Madeleine McCann

Operation Grange was massively scaled back last October, with just four detectives left working on the case.
But earlier this month it received another £95,000 in Home Office funding to cover another six months.
Just last week the detective in charge of the investigation said he believes Madeleine McCann can still be found alive.
Detective Chief Superintendent Mick Duthie, head of Scotland Yard’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “There is ongoing work.
“There is always a possibility that we will find Madeleine and we hope that we will find her alive.

PA*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Kate-and-Gerry-McCann
Kate and Gerry McCann still hope Madeleine will be found alive

“That’s what we want and that’s what the family and the public want and that is why the Home Office continue to fund it.
“There is work that needs to be done still.
“I imagine that if we have not completed our inquiries within six months we will go back to the Home Office and ask for more money.
“We have a smaller team dealing with it because we have less inquiries to deal with, but we still have a job to do.”
Maddie’s mum Kate, a GP, said earlier this year that she thinks her eldest daughter, who would turn 13 next month, is still in the Algarve.
She and husband Gerry, a heart specialist, believe Madeleine was kidnapped from her bed and is still alive.
Theories investigated by police include that she was sold to a childless couple or criminal gang, or taken by a paedophile.
Last week the McCanns were left ‘seething’ when ex-Portuguese detective Goncalo Amaral won a libel appeal against them.
They are taking the case, about claims he made against them in a controversial book, to Portugal’s Supreme Court.
Richard IV
Richard IV

Activity : 825

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 26.04.16 21:19

Thank you thumbsup 

I keep getting 'unresponsive script' crashes when I go on those sites that are loaded with adverts and videos.

Jill Havern
Jill Havern

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 26.04.16 21:42

A close friend says that they are aware the police want to follow one more lead in the inquiry but have been told not to discuss it publicly?!?!?!?! 

Really? 

Truly?

Litigious? 

spin
MayMuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.04.16 21:54

@skyrocket wrote:  TB - is the letter you are handing in suitable to be published openly so that it can be read by the public in general? Always good (and safer) to get things out in the open.

I'm not sure where or how the second sentence fits in but I think you'll find Tony Bennett will, offend or please, disclose details of work he is doing behind the scenes as and when he thinks it appropriate so to do.  Alas - sometimes to his own detriment.

Unfortunately when it comes to self preservation, honesty - or at least rectitude, is not always the best policy but I believe his intentions are always honourable so I can't fault anything he does in quest of justice for Madeleine McCann.  The complexity of the case as regards trying to squeeze a response from the UK government is a mammoth task - not something that can be presented on a single A4 leaf.

I'm impatient to hear the result of his application to 10 Downing Street - if and/or when he is in a position to divulge.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor 26.04.16 22:02

Get'emGonçalo wrote:

Transcript

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Yeah, Michael (the caller) as you know there's been a lot of investigation time spent on this is, (1) it's a terrible case isn't it, it's a child who went missing and everybody wants to know if she is alive if she is, where is she, and if suddenly she is dead then we need to give some comfort to the family , so it needed us to carry out an investigation together with the Portuguese and other countries have been involved and (2) there is a line of inquiry that remains to be concluded and it's expected in the coming months that will happen. The size of the teams came down radically, I think we're now down to two or three people in that team, at one stage was about 30 officers in it, ahm, essentially it's a Portuguese inquiry...

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - (3) Well, the first steps they had to do was to actually review and look at all the things the Portuguese had done, to see whether or not there was anything we could offer that, you know, might help with that investigation, had they missed anything, now we do that for ourselves and the Portuguese review. So we thought, well, (4) we were asked by the Prime Minister before I arrived, to see whether or not there was anything we could do to help that investigation. Our review...

Nick Ferrari - Yes.

Nick Ferrari - Sure.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - I, well, (5) that's what I'm indicating, is that first of all we had to extinguish the possibilities that existed in terms of inquiry, I think some of those have been stopped and there is a line of inquiry I think is, well, everybody agrees, is worthwhile pursuing.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - (6) Well, really at the moment it will be the conclusion of this line of inquiry, unless something else comes up.

Nick Ferrari - Yes.

Nick Ferrari - Yes, but there are a hundred eighty-seven missing children in Britain, (7) not all fortunately of the circumstances of Madeleine McCann. How come this one attracts so much attention and indeed funding?

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe - Well, (8) I thought it was clear(?), which is first of all, the line of inquiry that is being pursued, that obviously is important, it's important in the coming months that is resolved and I think it will be, if something new comes forward of course we'll investigate it, but that line of inquiry probably is, at the moment, is the conclusion of this inquiry.

Thank you for posting this @GG

My comments in numerical order (bold in red);

1. Isn't it terrible case, and on the face of it we don't suspect the parents.
2. We know what happened, and we hope to conclude the investigative stage in the coming months.
3. We checked what the PJ did to make sure it was correct.
4. In the current knowledge of the Hillsborough verdicts (10am), the Prime Minister is personally involved and wants to avoid a repetition.
5. In case you are a bit slow on the uptake, we know what happened, and this is what we are focusing on.
6. The investigation will stop when we can charge who actually did this.
7. There is no similarity in this case to other missing children since MBM did not go missing.
8. The penny hasn't dropped has it ? We know who it is, as I am confident that all will become clear in the coming months.
Carrry On Doctor
Carrry On Doctor

Activity : 586

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26.04.16 22:42

Is there a slip of the tongue by BHH there, when he says a missing child case is never closed he seems to say a  'mu' missing child etc. I think his brain was telling him a murder enquiry is never closed. Maybe it was me whose brain was telling me something else!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 26.04.16 22:49

Verdi wrote:@skyrocket wrote:  TB - is the letter you are handing in suitable to be published openly so that it can be read by the public in general? Always good (and safer) to get things out in the open.

I'm not sure where or how the second sentence fits in but I think you'll find Tony Bennett will, offend or please, disclose details of work he is doing behind the scenes as and when he thinks it appropriate so to do.  Alas - sometimes to his own detriment.
The letter deals with the detail of why the petitioners want a full Home Office report on the work of Operation Grange, and its bizarre and inexplicable conduct over the course of the last 5 years.

I can say in advance that it casts no aspersions on the McCanns themselves.

It also - as stated in the petition - raises issues about the conduct of the government, the security services and other police forces that have been involved in investigating what really happened to Madeleine McCann, notably Leicestershire Police.

I intend to publish it - on CMOMM - in the week following my handing it in this Friday.

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue-a-Tory 26.04.16 22:55

Still the Portuguese inquiry is bungled, still the parents are grateful for an inquiry that's unearthed the square root of sweet FA. 

The tone has changed but the message is still mind-numbingly dumb.
Rogue-a-Tory
Rogue-a-Tory

Activity : 1115

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.04.16 23:35

@Tony Bennett:  I intend to publish it - on CMOMM - in the week following my handing it in this Friday.

Thank you!  Such an important issue, can you make a point of starting a new thread for the purpose - I'm having difficulty following the forum at the moment thumbsup .

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 26.04.16 23:49

Get'emGonçalo wrote:Thank you thumbsup 

I keep getting 'unresponsive script' crashes when I go on those sites that are loaded with adverts and videos.
Are you sure it's not an overload of McCann'ite script and imagery that's causing the problem?  If I have to look at one more repeat of Gerald with a nasty smell under his nose and Katie with that rigid feigned look of anguish I'll have a Hissyfit !

For the sake of sanity - how many more times is the UK press going to be primed to churn out the same old trite nonsense?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 4 Empty Timing

Post by Searcher 27.04.16 0:50

The media, the Met, have managed to ignore Dr. Amaral's book for years.  However, with the recent judgment at last, a loud noise is developing off-stage, which is going to make it very difficult to ignore the book for much longer.   I wonder what the Met will 'find' next to draw the present time to a helpful conclusion.  

nah
Searcher

Activity : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 27.04.16 3:08

“They are aware police want to pursue one remaining line of inquiry but have been told not to discuss it publicly."

Or, perhaps, Kate and Gerry don't actually know what the one remaining line of inquiry is, as SY haven't chosen to share it with them......
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by xklamation 27.04.16 3:54

Tony Bennett wrote:

Exactly.

The process reopened in Portugal forced by the investigation of the Met. Mind you, not because "new credible information" had arrived to the PGR but because the MET asked for several men, 11 or more, innocent and totally unrelated to the case to be questioned and for that they had to become arguidos - suspects. Some of these men's names and faces appeared in the world media .

The Oporto PJ team did an unprecedented review - of an investigation carried out by another PJ team - that "discovered" a dead man, again an innocent man - a farcical if not racist attempt to blame a patsy. Any other findings? Zilch. This review was nothing more than an expedient to "show to the world" or for "the English to see" that the Portuguese PJ were actively doing something whilst their English counterparts had the front pages of the world media, due to tacit agreements with the UK media ex. photojournalists knowing precisely where and when Redwood would arrive in the Algarve. 

In an unrelated matter, does anyone want to venture and guess why did the MET remove all references from their site and facebook page of that sordid press statement that had in it's Portuguese version the word "raped"? The press statement that had a story of a man or men who sexually assaulted only white, only English, only little girls in the Algarve, claims that no one, not even the locals had ever heard about.
xklamation
xklamation
Filmmaker/Translator

Activity : 190

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top