The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Mm11

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Mm11

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Regist10

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Empty on31 July 2016

Post by willowthewisp 01.08.16 12:33

Verdi wrote:
willowthewisp wrote:
Verdi wrote:Seems to have attracted a small following in it's short duration.  Can't say I've seen much evidence of bullying on the forum but I do detect an underlying element of a 'them and us' clique working behind the scenes.  If it wasn't so destructive it could almost be amusing.

Still, it'll take a lot more than a few misguided souls to detract from the primary purpose of the forum thumbsup .

So where does Operation Strangeways stand now - another 64 days left before the end?  The month of October is more significant in this ongoing saga than the inevitable month of May.

Tick toc tick toc tick toc - the sand is shifting..  *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Hourglass-smiley-emoticon-emoji
Hi Verdi,is that DCI Andy Redwood's,tick toc moving forward time clock,Revelation Moment?
PS, Metropolitan Police in 2008 investigate for Paedophiles involvement into Madeleine's disappearance,not provern, yet Crime Watch October 2013,"Revelation Moment"he suddenly found Paedophile Burglars in existence, where interpol couldn't find any,Yet the Metropolitan Police decided to let there top Detectives,Campbell,Redwood Retire from the Force,losing such valuable years of experience?
Andy who? 

Talking of valuable years of experience, wonder what ever happened to DCI Nic 'I nic 'em before they know they've been nicked' Wall - has she left through the back door (the safety curtain) along with the rest of the fall-out?
New Commander of G4S?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Activity : 4912

Back to top Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Empty The end is near

Post by Tony Bennett 16.08.16 23:55

Verdi wrote:So where does Operation Strangeways stand now - another 64 days left before the end?  The month of October is more significant in this ongoing saga than the inevitable month of May.
The countdown to the expected closure of Operation Grange continues. I make it just 46 days left now.

If it does close in October without a solution - to the disappointment of many - it will be after...

...9 years and 5 months since Madeleine was reported missing...

...expenditure of a colossal £30 million or more, if we include the costs of all the official police investigations, the costs of all the lawyers and public relations advisers, the cost of the McCanns' private investigations, not forgetting of course two lots of half a million quid doled out, £500,000 to Kevin Halligen, most of it spent on living it up around the world with Shirin Trachiotis, and another £500,000 to Lord Bell of Bell Pottinger to 'keep the McCanns Maddie on the front pages for a year'...

...and by the looks of it, all that time, energy and money has brought us NOTHING.

Madeleine is not one inch nearer getting justice than she was 9 years and 5 months ago.

So are we going to let Operation Grange fade away without a whimper? Without a challeege? Without raising a voice for Madeleine?

Is that it?

sad sad sad sad

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Empty Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Verdi 17.08.16 0:22

Tony Bennett wrote:

So are we going to let Operation Grange fade away without a whimper? Without a challeege? Without raising a voice for Madeleine?

Is that it?

sad sad sad sad
NO!   smilie

Apart from the sterling work produced by the ever enthusiastic conspiracy buster, Richard D. Hall, who I'm sure will not let it rest, there must be any number of documentaries in the making just waiting for the right moment to go live.

Films, television series, biographies, magazine articles, studio appearances - bums on seats!  I wouldn't be surprised if Ms Healy is already beavering away with the Epilogue 'My life without Madeleine - we'll never give up searching (all donations gratefully received)'.

Somehow I don't think this case will ever go away.  It's not as though Operation Grange will be really missed is it, they haven't been particularly dynamic have they?  More of a laughing stock that an entity to be taken seriously.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Activity : 42327

Back to top Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Empty Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by MayMuse 17.08.16 8:43

My heart breaks for Madeleine; her parents, relatives, authorities and the media have failed her totally IMO.
I wonder if any one of them feels any shame? 
Nearly 10 years and zero justice; as for Operation Grange, Operation Grave seems more fitting! 
Absolutely outraged by the goings on in this so called "investigation". 

And to those who have been tireless in seeking truth for her, thank you and please do not give up! roses

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 17.08.16 12:49

It's my belief that Operation Grange won't close anytime soon. I've said it many times on the forum. Operation Grange may put things onto the back burner/relegate it to a Belgravia broom cupboard but it's not closing anytime soon.

For Operation Grange to officially close it would take an official statement and that will not happen unless it's a wishy washy statement of 'being absorbed' by other departments - also unlikely to happen soon.

I wonder if Nicola Wall wishes she hadn't touched this case and in hindsight wouldn't have touched it with a barge poll.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 17.08.16 14:30

aquila wrote:It's my belief that Operation Grange won't close anytime soon. I've said it many times on the forum. Operation Grange may put things onto the back burner/relegate it to a Belgravia broom cupboard but it's not closing anytime soon.

For Operation Grange to officially close it would take an official statement and that will not happen unless it's a wishy washy statement of 'being absorbed' by other departments - also unlikely to happen soon.

I wonder if Nicola Wall wishes she hadn't touched this case and in hindsight wouldn't have touched it with a barge poll.
If I was a corrupt (or corruptible) police officer, and a humble DCI after nearly 30 years' service, and the boss came to me and said:

"Do nothing on this enquiry for two years, just follow instructions on how to proceed, and we'll make you up to Detective Superintendent a few months before you retire so that your pension will swell by a few grand a year", I'd have said:

"Great! When can I start?"

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Empty operation grange-bollocks or not bollocks

Post by willowthewisp 17.08.16 17:03

Tony Bennett wrote:
aquila wrote:It's my belief that Operation Grange won't close anytime soon. I've said it many times on the forum. Operation Grange may put things onto the back burner/relegate it to a Belgravia broom cupboard but it's not closing anytime soon.

If I was a corrupt (or corruptible) police officer, and a humble DCI after nearly 30 years' service, and the boss came to me and said:

"Do nothing on this enquiry for two years, just follow instructions on how to proceed, and we'll make you up to Detective Superintendent a few months before you retire so that your pension will swell by a few grand a year", I'd have said:

"Great! When can I start?"
Now thought to be assisting the Jamaican Police Authorities with his years of experience gained in the UK Police Service,to bring them up to a Superior level of Policing Methods?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 17.08.16 23:59

What like start at the end just like peeling an onion from the outside in?

Very superior investigating that I'M sure.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
roll
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Empty 4 weeks to go before Operation Grange

Post by Tony Bennett 05.09.16 8:36

It was on 3 April 2016 that we were told that Operation Grange was to be given £95,000 to 'finish off' their work.

The money is scheduled to run out on 3 October.

So what then?

* Another extension?

* An announcement of some kind?

* Nothing?

When I asked an FoI Act question last year (2015), the MetPolice were still looking for these men this man, 'the very centre of our focus'.

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Yyyefi10

Have they found them him yet?

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Empty Extension until March 2017

Post by Tony Bennett 18.09.16 9:24

Tony Bennett wrote:It was on 3 April 2016 that we were told that Operation Grange was to be given £95,000 to 'finish off' their work.

So what then?

* Another extension?

* Nothing?

We now have our answer - another extension for 6 months and another £100,000.

See announcement on this thread:  https://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t13137-madeline-mccann-fresh-cash-lifeline-in-search-for-missing-child

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Back to top Go down

Post by joyce1938 19.09.16 22:32

I Just cant believe that even more cash is to be given ,what on earth are they looking at now ,they have turned nothing up so far,so why all this ? .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg 19.09.16 23:13

Tony Bennett wrote:It was on 3 April 2016 that we were told that Operation Grange was to be given £95,000 to 'finish off' their work.

So what then?

* Another extension?

* Nothing?

When I asked an FoI Act question last year (2015), the MetPolice were still looking for these men this man, 'the very centre of our focus'.

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Yyyefi10

Yes I think they have realized who it must be
HelenMeg

Activity : 2081

Back to top Go down

Post by MayMuse 20.09.16 2:53

HelenMeg wrote:

So what then?

* Another extension?

* Nothing?

If they need another 100k for that revelation it's shocking! 

Don't quite get how the McCanns are desperate for money for the "search" fund when it's already being funded and they are not searching? 
Yet reading Textusa blog, if I've understood correctly,  there is a tit for tat with players of a game so (thinking out loud here) they shout ( well the media) fund is low and then the Met counter with an extension of funds for the investigation? Trying to see how all that "fits"?

Robert Murat talking to David Jones, Daily Mail, 02 June 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-459316/Madeleine-Is-Robert-Murat-suspect-scapegoat.html
MayMuse

Activity : 3472

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 20.09.16 14:26

MayMuse wrote:
HelenMeg wrote:

So what then?

* Another extension?

* Nothing?

If they need another 100k for that revelation it's shocking! 

Don't quite get how the McCanns are desperate for money for the "search" fund when it's already being funded and they are not searching? 
Yet reading Textusa blog, if I've understood correctly,  there is a tit for tat with players of a game so (thinking out loud here) they shout ( well the media) fund is low and then the Met counter with an extension of funds for the investigation? Trying to see how all that "fits"?

they shout ( well the media) fund is low and then the Met counter with an extension of funds for the investigation? Trying to see how all that "fits"?

Try 'fitting' BHH! Met Police Commissioner (McCant 'supporter'......from 'day 1')
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 20.09.16 19:58

I keep saying it (and it's only my opinion) Operation Grange will not be closing - even if it is relegated to a broom cupboard in the bowel of Belgravia.

£100,000 will pay for some outsourcing to get private sector companies to analyse things on an adhoc basis whilst those in charge will retire and be replaced by people nearing retirement. Things will continue to tick along.

There is always one thing I've wanted to know about the 30+ dedicated staff OG had at its peak - and that is the turnover of staff i.e. were people seconded for a few months and then moved along to other things so actually no-one could ever know even a part of the picture. If the staff turnover rate is great then there's never going to be anything close to a whistle-blowing scenario, not that there ever could be because just like Leics Police invoked extraordinary secrecy measures you can bet your life SY have done exactly the same.

Just my opinion.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 20.09.16 20:46

I've often wondered if there ever was a 30+ strong work force reviewing/investigating the case of Madeleine McCann.  It seems an awful lot of money time and effort for something with nil result.

Not disputing the existence of Operation Grange per se but I do question whether a dedicated task force was assigned to the case for in excess of five years.  The establishment is not known for it's honesty.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Empty Reply with quote Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by justiceformaddie 21.09.16 10:33

Verdi wrote:I've often wondered if there ever was a 30+ strong work force reviewing/investigating the case of Madeleine McCann.  It seems an awful lot of money time and effort for something with nil result.

Not disputing the existence of Operation Grange per se but I do question whether a dedicated task force was assigned to the case for in excess of five years.  The establishment is not known for it's honesty.
The same question has been floating around in my head since I started following this case.

I had a very brief discussion with a family member some months ago about the disappearance and was told that a husband of a family member knew someone who worked on the case. The conversation was short and I didn't push things.   Subsequently said connection cropped up again and I was advised this person was a policeman who was "helping out". Again , not much info offered but it did sound strange ie the words used indicated it was only a temporary appointment. Apparently in the view of this person "she's dead". I don't know anything about the identity of this policeman but it sounded like he was retired - and I doubt very much he was ex Met. In fact I doubt he even served in an English force. If I can get any more info I'll post but it won't be possible within the next few weeks.
justiceformaddie

Activity : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 21.09.16 12:37

justiceformaddie wrote:
Verdi wrote:I've often wondered if there ever was a 30+ strong work force reviewing/investigating the case of Madeleine McCann.  It seems an awful lot of money time and effort for something with nil result.

The same question has been floating around in my head since I started following this case.

I had a very brief discussion with a family member some months ago about the disappearance and was told that a husband of a family member knew someone who worked on the case. The conversation was short and I didn't push things.   Subsequently said connection cropped up again and I was advised this person was a policeman who was "helping out". Again , not much info offered but it did sound strange ie the words used indicated it was only a temporary appointment. Apparently in the view of this person "she's dead". I don't know anything about the identity of this policeman but it sounded like he was retired - and I doubt very much he was ex Met. In fact I doubt he even served in an English force. If I can get any more info I'll post but it won't be possible within the next few weeks.
Yes, I imagine that's roughly how Operation Grange has been conducted since the beginning - job at hand get a wo/man in.  That doesn't explain the vast amount of money so far granted by the Home Office but there is still a very big ? regarding that subject.

When you see images of ex-DCI Andy Redwood posing for the camera outside Operation Grange HQ, you could almost be led to believe the establishment was exclusive to the Operation Grange team.  Not so, it's an ordinary run of the mill police station the just happens to be situated in one of London's most exclusive post codes.

Orders from on high were given for the Serious Crimes and Homicide Squad to review/investigate the disappearance of Madeleine McCann entitled Operation Grange to work from the Met Police Belgravia station.  I'm thinking the 'task team' was allocated a small corner (as Aquila might suggest - the stationary cupboard) with some junior desk duty officer answering the phone and filing bits of paper in alpha/numeric order.  I really can't see a positive outcome by the UK police, trawling through the PJ investigation detail and coordinating it with the efforts of the dodgy private detectives hired by the McCanns and other questionable adherents - like the CEOP.

Leicestershire police had been directly involved with the case from the beginning (remember Stuart 'call me Stu' Prior?) yet the case was transferred to the Met Police, the UK's finest (who have failed so far), to review another country's investigation and subsequently start their own investigation based on the PJ files?  What about that team of ex-detectives that went on location to review/investigate the case - quickly tried to locate the video but Rich Planet is dominating the airwaves *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Shake.

Are they looking to humiliate the PJ or are they looking for that proverbial innocent explanation for anything and everything that might be found?

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi 21.09.16 12:44

aquila wrote:I keep saying it (and it's only my opinion) Operation Grange will not be closing ....
In a manner of speaking you can't be wrong.  Investigations into serious crime are never closed until solved are they?  They might be shelved pending fresh evidence but never closed.

Maybe someone should tell Metropolitan Police that simple fact - or maybe they already know but just don't feel confiding with the press.

ex forum manager
ex forum manager

Back to top Go down

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 ***  (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)  - Page 8 Empty Ref; Days from closure

Post by willowthewisp 21.09.16 13:30

Hi Verdi,maybe as you say,they "Do not wish to divulge,shelve,the protracted case,with out disclosing Confidential information"due to the amount of knowledge the UK public has gleaned from the released Portugal PJ,files,in complete contradiction of the MSM lies and obfuscation for the Truth on Madeleine's disappearance?
The UK public can now see how a "Once Credible Crime Watch programme"has been proverbially turned on it's head,with at least Two Programmes made,Manipulating or Distorting evidence,facts over the past Ten Years October 2013,DCI Andy Redwoods,"Revelation Moment"yet DCS/DCI' Mick Duthie,Nichola Wall have been unable to apprehend executed E-fits of Two people but one suspect,morphing into Three Bungling Paedophile Burglars fitting Portuguese ethnicity?
Yet they Bumble along,seemingly only being a "Coincidence" of elongated extended funding allowances,April 2016,October 2016 now April 2017 to take into account the Tenth Year anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance proposed Concert 03 May 2017,another coincidence?
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top