The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

*** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by BlueBag on 28.04.16 13:58

Didn't one of the Tapas pass the flat every two minutes?

I think I remember Peter Mac laying that one out.

So these burglars... bold fellas weren't they...

BlueBag

Posts : 3420
Reputation : 1269
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by MayMuse on 28.04.16 14:06

Very bold, next it may be reported these were the "3 mysterious shadowy figures entering the church with a bag" ? 

Everything needs to be 'accounted' for it seems whether it is outrageously unbelievable or not! 

You've got to laugh if it wasn't so serious!

MayMuse

Posts : 1100
Reputation : 821
Join date : 2016-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Bishop Brennan on 29.04.16 3:47

@MayMuse wrote:Very bold, next it may be reported these were the "3 mysterious shadowy figures entering the church with a bag" ? 

Everything needs to be 'accounted' for it seems whether it is outrageously unbelievable or not! 


Quite right. Over the course of the close-down / face-saving, expect to see numerous unattributed bits of information and insinuation leaking out into the MSM, who will dutifully and gleefully publish it all and rake in the extra sales revenue.

From a timing point of view, they have to keep this pretence going past the Supreme Court - hence the extra £95k. But they have 4 years of useless leads to leak - so plenty of material and distraction pieces still to write. Brace yourself.

Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by haroldd2 on 01.05.16 19:45

@woodbine wrote:Maybe now the McCanns can finally launch their own super-duper investigation. Or has that ship sailed now they have to pay court costs?
I have started paying attention again to this case after a long time away, following the McCann victory in the lower court which has now been overturned on appeal.

How much have they been ordered to pay?

And regarding a suit by Goncalo Amaral against the McCanns, have the appellate judges sought to help with that possibility, to hinder it, to create a level playing field, or what?

haroldd2

Posts : 122
Reputation : 44
Join date : 2014-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by loopzdaloop on 02.05.16 2:00

@paddinton wrote:I've followed this from the very beginning, Mirror forum then  3 Arguidos. I read occasionally but very rarely post because the views seem so incredibly negative.

Do you all really believe that British coppers are happy to collude in a 'cover up' involving the demise of a toddler?

What does 'conclusion' mean to you?

I think you and I are on the same page.

loopzdaloop

Posts : 334
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by MayMuse on 02.05.16 3:51

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
@suzyjohnson wrote:Whatever your views on why, and how, Redwood dismissed Tannerman as a suspect on Crimewatch, he has drawn attention to the man seen by the Smiths at around 10 pm as being the most likely person of interest to the enquiry. He didn't need to do that, but he did.

With the benefit of hindsight and the imminent closure, we can see that there were in fact 2 reasons for dismissing Tannerman.

1.  It created a much bigger time-window for the abduction to take place.  As many on here had shown, the timeline as provided by the T9 meant that there was only a window of about 2 or 3 minutes for Tannerman to have taken Maddie.  AND he had to have been in the flat with Gerry, just before taking her. An unsustainable story.

2. Smithman taking Maddie later in the evening tied in with the phone / SMS records that Redwood had already looked at.  These records were used to link 3 entirely unconnected people (the driver, the drug addict and the boy) and create SY's main arguidos. The phone records did not tie in with a Tannerman abduction, but could be made to fit, IF and ONLY IF the abduction took place later (i.e. Smithman).

So in many ways he did have to do it.  And that's why he broadcast it as his big "revelation moment".    
Exactly! ... But was the other big 'revelationary moment' the broadcast of the e-fits, which if I recall correctly, were suppressed for 5 years and low and behold look uncannily like GM?

So which one of the 'bunglers' is Dr McCanns twin???

There is only one in that age bracket; the 'faceless' Paulo Ribeiro?

MayMuse

Posts : 1100
Reputation : 821
Join date : 2016-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by aiyoyo on 02.05.16 4:42

@Portia wrote:
Isn't BHH saying, in essence, that if the Mecs fork out 95.000 he can continue the search?

Well, as they still sit on around 795K, they will only be happy to oblige!

Have they yet?

No?

Why on earth not?

NOPE. You got wrong end of stick.
95K was earmarked by Home Office to Grange operation....due to close in months.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by aiyoyo on 02.05.16 4:59

@loopzdaloop wrote:
@paddinton wrote:I've followed this from the very beginning, Mirror forum then  3 Arguidos. I read occasionally but very rarely post because the views seem so incredibly negative.

Do you all really believe that British coppers are happy to collude in a 'cover up' involving the demise of a toddler?

What does 'conclusion' mean to you?

I think you and I are on the same page.

Me too, with Paddinton.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Bishop Brennan on 02.05.16 7:31

@paddinton wrote:I've followed this from the very beginning, Mirror forum then  3 Arguidos. I read occasionally but very rarely post because the views seem so incredibly negative.

Do you all really believe that British coppers are happy to collude in a 'cover up' involving the demise of a toddler?

What does 'conclusion' mean to you?

Collusion was never required of any of the British police. The restrictive remit given to SY meant that none of the team were allowed to investigate the parents or the T7. By carefully misdirecting the team right from the start, and making sure that they stayed misdirected - no actual 'cover-up' was ever needed. The team would instead spend 4 years and £12m trying to find an imaginary abductor.

My 'conclusion' therefore : a total waste of everyone's time and money.


Bishop Brennan

Posts : 695
Reputation : 217
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Cmaryholmes on 02.05.16 9:13

@paddington......you think the views here are negative? I think the opposite. Very positive attempts to uncover the truth. Positive efforts to reveal the corruption at the heart of power. Positive concern for a defenceless little girl.

Cmaryholmes

Posts : 146
Reputation : 203
Join date : 2016-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by whodunit on 02.05.16 17:15

I was pretty sure the British coppers colluded in a cover up of Jimmy Savile. [and numerous other elite pedos whose reports against them all got 'lost'] Am I wrong about that?

whodunit

Posts : 467
Reputation : 442
Join date : 2015-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just 72 days left till the end of Operation Grange. What then?

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.07.16 23:18

@Bishop Brennan wrote:
@paddinton wrote:I've followed this from the very beginning, Mirror forum then 3 Arguidos. I read occasionally but very rarely post because the views seem so incredibly negative.

Do you all really believe that British coppers are happy to collude in a 'cover-up' involving the demise of a toddler?

What does 'conclusion' mean to you?

Collusion was never required of any of the British police. The restrictive remit given to SY meant that none of the team were allowed to investigate the parents or the T7.  By carefully misdirecting the team right from the start, and making sure that they stayed misdirected - no actual 'cover-up' was ever needed.  The team would instead spend 4 years and £12m trying to find an imaginary abductor.  

My 'conclusion' therefore  : a total waste of everyone's time and money.
I beg to differ with both of the above views.

I differ only slightly from @ Bishop Brennan, however. Where I disagree is with this statement of his: "Collusion was never required of any of the British police".

MY REPLY:   Top Metropolitan Police officers may be corrupt (Operation Tiberius, Plebgate, Jimmy Savile, Stephen Lawrence, Daniel Morgan etc. etc.) - but they are certainly not fools.

Rebekah Brooks ordered David Cameron who ordered Theresa May who ordered the then Met Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson to set up the Operation Grange review.

First off, Sir Paul Stephenson could have said: 'No, I am not doing this'.

He didn't.

He asked Commander Simon Foy to be the overall co-ordinator of the review. He also could have said 'No'.

He didn't.

The pair of them then chose Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell, the Investigating Officer who negligently or deliberately botched the investigation into the murder of Jill Dando, to become the Senior Investigating Officer for this review. Campbell too could have said 'I refuse'.

He didn't.

The three of them - or maybe the entire senior management team of the Met - then approached Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, telling him in terms, 'We'd like you to be the Investigating Officer for this. Ignore the 17 alerts of Eddie and Keela to cadaver odour and blood. Ignore all the lies and contradictions. Spin this out until you've completed your 30 years' service in three years' time'. He also could have refused to accept this poisoned chalice.

He didn't. 
 
Every single one of the above-named colluded in this expensive charade.

And now, by my calculations, Operation Grange has 72 days left.

It was announced on 3 April that six months' further work only was being authorised (by Theresa May), at a further cost of £94,582. That was another 182 days' work (3 April to 2 October 2016), or just under £520 per day.

With 72 days left, they have just over £37,000 left to spend.

Tick tock, tick tock, until 2 October 2016, nine years to the day after Dr Goncalo Amaral was booted off the Madeleine McCann enquiry - on his birthday.  

So, after 2 October 2016...

...what next??

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13957
Reputation : 2141
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Verdi on 22.07.16 23:34

@TonyBennett:  ...what next??


At a guess I could say production of the long awaited grand exposé - The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann?  waiting

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3534
Reputation : 2057
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.07.16 23:45

@Verdi wrote:@TonyBennett:  ...what next??

At a guess I could say production of the long awaited grand exposé - The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann?  waiting
Ah, yes!

But also...

1. New appeals by Kate & Gerry: 'We must continue the search - no-one is now looking for Madeleine'

2. Rush of tabloid articles and even some more new books, along the lines of "Where it all went wrong - the disastrous Portuguese Police investigation and how 'chance after chance was missed'"

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13957
Reputation : 2141
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re; BBC Radio Four

Post by willowthewisp on 23.07.16 12:20

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Verdi wrote:@TonyBennett:  ...what next??

At a guess I could say production of the long awaited grand exposé - The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann?  waiting
Ah, yes!

But also...

1. New appeals by Kate & Gerry: 'We must continue the search - no-one is now looking for Madeleine'

2. Rush of tabloid articles and even some more new books, along the lines of "Where it all went wrong - the disastrous Portuguese Police investigation and how 'chance after chance was missed'"
We could all send "Happy Birthday" greetings to Mr Goncal Amaral, that at least is something to celebrate after they had tried to destroy his Career and then his life,by trying to Bankrupt him in the process,it certainly raises a One finger salute to a former Prime Minister and Mr&Mrs McScam? bignono

willowthewisp

Posts : 1350
Reputation : 514
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Verdi on 23.07.16 13:17

I can see it now..

Crime of the century unsolved cos of botched Portuguese investigation


Scotland Yard cops make a last-ditch attempt to solve the crime of missing Maddie, before the investigation funded by the Home Office is closed.  The tot stolen from her bed by a perv, while her parents were eating only a few yards away.  Disgraced Portuguese cop got it wrong by focusing on the parents, Kate and Gerry, missed vital clues and failed to follow significant leads.  Kate and Gerry now face a bleak future with a dwindling balance in the Maddie fund, set up to help their ongoing search campaign.

A source close to the family has said that Kate and Gerry are at their wits end, not knowing how they can carry on when no one is proactively searching for the girl.  They will be making an official appeal at sometime in the future but it won't be in another twelve months, it will be sooner and bigger than ever before. They know that the majority of people are inherently good and will continue to help the search for the child.

We at News International, will continue to support Kate and Gerry to bring Maddie home.  Let's hope for an Oktoberfest.


The Daily Trash


I also foresee a blitz of documentaries (with one exception);  a surge of 'my stories';   a mini series 'abducted';  a docusoap 'Maddie come home' - even another Crimewatch Special?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3534
Reputation : 2057
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by aquila on 25.07.16 11:59

@Verdi wrote:@TonyBennett:  ...what next??


At a guess I could say production of the long awaited grand exposé - The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann?  waiting
I don't think it will be a Simon Cowell sponsored effort. Mark Williams-Thomas got in there first with the Carole Packman story and what a dreadful, truly dreadful drama/documentary it is - and what truly dreadful tweeting MWT has done about the doco.

On the other hand....Cowell could have a complete coup on crime documentaries with one about Madeleine. Follow the money.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What happens when Operation Grnage closes in 67 days' time?

Post by Tony Bennett on 27.07.16 11:18

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Bishop Brennan wrote:
@paddinton wrote:I've followed this from the very beginning, Mirror forum then 3 Arguidos. I read occasionally but very rarely post because the views seem so incredibly negative.

Do you all really believe that British coppers are happy to collude in a 'cover-up' involving the demise of a toddler?

What does 'conclusion' mean to you?

Collusion was never required of any of the British police. The restrictive remit given to SY meant that none of the team were allowed to investigate the parents or the T7.  By carefully misdirecting the team right from the start, and making sure that they stayed misdirected - no actual 'cover-up' was ever needed.  The team would instead spend 4 years and £12m trying to find an imaginary abductor.  

My 'conclusion' therefore  : a total waste of everyone's time and money.
I beg to differ with both of the above views.

I differ only slightly from @ Bishop Brennan, however. Where I disagree is with this statement of his: "Collusion was never required of any of the British police".

MY REPLY:   Top Metropolitan Police officers may be corrupt (Operation Tiberius, Plebgate, Jimmy Savile, Stephen Lawrence, Daniel Morgan etc. etc.) - but they are certainly not fools.

Rebekah Brooks ordered David Cameron who ordered Theresa May who ordered the then Met Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson to set up the Operation Grange review.

First off, Sir Paul Stephenson could have said: 'No, I am not doing this'.

He didn't.

He asked Commander Simon Foy to be the overall co-ordinator of the review. He also could have said 'No'.

He didn't.

The pair of them then chose Detective Chief Superintendent Hamish Campbell, the Investigating Officer who negligently or deliberately botched the investigation into the murder of Jill Dando, to become the Senior Investigating Officer for this review. Campbell too could have said 'I refuse'.

He didn't.

The three of them - or maybe the entire senior management team of the Met - then approached Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, telling him in terms, 'We'd like you to be the Investigating Officer for this. Ignore the 17 alerts of Eddie and Keela to cadaver odour and blood. Ignore all the lies and contradictions. Spin this out until you've completed your 30 years' service in three years' time'. He also could have refused to accept this poisoned chalice.

He didn't. 
 
Every single one of the above-named colluded in this expensive charade.

And now, by my calculations, Operation Grange has 72 days left.

It was announced on 3 April that six months' further work only was being authorised (by Theresa May), at a further cost of £94,582. That was another 182 days' work (3 April to 2 October 2016), or just under £520 per day.

With 72 days left, they have just over £37,000 left to spend.

Tick tock, tick tock, until 2 October 2016, nine years to the day after Dr Goncalo Amaral was booted off the Madeleine McCann enquiry - on his birthday.  

So, after 2 October 2016...

...what next??
Bumping this thread as there are now only 67 days left to the closure of Operation Grange - and as yet there has been no positive suggestion for what McCann-sceptics can do next, if and when it closes...

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13957
Reputation : 2141
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Verdi on 27.07.16 12:06

@Tony Bennett wrote:
Bumping this thread as there are now only 67 days left to the closure of Operation Grange - and as yet there has been no positive suggestion for what McCann-sceptics can do next, if and when it closes...
Don't understand what you're asking.  Do you mean suggestions by forum members or are you alluding to possible scenarios in the next episode of the McCann saga?

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3534
Reputation : 2057
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by plebgate on 27.07.16 12:20

Will it be closed if there is STILL no news about the Supreme court ruling?

Just how long does it take to give a verdict on a point of law?

Forever it seems!

____________________
Judge Judy to shifty  witnesses   -    LOOK AT ME  -   Um is not an answer.

If I forget to add it to a post everything is In My Opinion and I don't know anything for sure.
Rolling Eyes

plebgate

Posts : 5441
Reputation : 1156
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re;27 July 2016,67 days

Post by willowthewisp on 27.07.16 13:23

@plebgate wrote:Will it be closed if there is STILL no news about the Supreme court ruling?

Just how long does it take to give a verdict on a point of law?

Forever it seems!
Plebgate, that's the exact point,was Operation Grange set up to obfuscate the defamation case and the coincidence timing of it's setup, where by,the Remit is Abduction, but by whom is the question? As the parents have told the press, they believe Madeleine would not walk out of the apartment 5a 3 May 2007!
Now after Five years of the investigation and the decision being awaited from Portugal Supreme Court determining it's finding to uphold the Courts decision or null the finding can only be of Benefit to One side,"Ask the Dogs Sandra"?
If the Supreme Court upholds it's findings, then where doe's this leave Operation Grange and it's final determination,case shelved due to lack of evidence to proceed?

willowthewisp

Posts : 1350
Reputation : 514
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Tony Bennett on 27.07.16 13:42

@Verdi wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
Bumping this thread as there are now only 67 days left to the closure of Operation Grange - and as yet there has been no positive suggestion for what McCann-sceptics can do next, if and when it closes...
Don't understand what you're asking.  Do you mean suggestions by forum members or are you alluding to possible scenarios in the next episode of the McCann saga?
OK, let me try and speak more plainly.

When Operation Grange was set up in May 2011 - I make that 1,902 days ago - many people on this and other forums were full of hope.

I wasn't one of them. I was roundly condemned by many on this very forum for being 'so negative'. My mantra always was: 'This is an expensive charade'.

Although the number of those who had high hopes of Grange has greatly diminished, there are no doubt still some here and elsewhere who are hoping against hope that Grange will bring about some kind of 'breakthrough', and that one or more persons will be arrested and charged with the crime of being responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

For one thing, some on here, and many elsewhere, have submitted evidence to Grange. PeterMac was one such. I was another. There have been many others who have done so.

If Grange closes in 67 days' time, or whenever, where do people who think they have relevant evidence go now?

Also, what happens to all the evidence that has been collected? There must be a room full of those hundreds of lines of enquiry, over 1,000 statements taken, and tens of thousands of documents and mobile 'phone records, lists of paedophiles and so on. Is this passed to the Portuguese Police? - it ought to be, as they are the 'lead' investigators. Is it going to be archived? For how long? Where? 

If someone does have credible 'new evidence', where do they go? Portugal ? Scotland Yard?

Where does all this leave the research work being undertaken e.g. here and by Dr Martin Roberts?   

These are some of the questions I was trying to open up for discussion.

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13957
Reputation : 2141
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re; 27 July 2016,67 days

Post by willowthewisp on 27.07.16 14:12

Sorry to sound flippant but perhaps they maybe stored in a safe place like the House of Common's, kept under a thick Wilton Carpet D Notice

willowthewisp

Posts : 1350
Reputation : 514
Join date : 2015-05-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by Verdi on 27.07.16 14:16

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
Bumping this thread as there are now only 67 days left to the closure of Operation Grange - and as yet there has been no positive suggestion for what McCann-sceptics can do next, if and when it closes...
Don't understand what you're asking.  Do you mean suggestions by forum members or are you alluding to possible scenarios in the next episode of the McCann saga?
OK, let me try and speak more plainly.

When Operation Grange was set up in May 2011 - I make that 1,902 days ago - many people on this and other forums were full of hope.

I wasn't one of them. I was roundly condemned by many on this very forum for being 'so negative'. My mantra always was: 'This is an expensive charade'.

Although the number of those who had high hopes of Grange has greatly diminished, there are no doubt still some here and elsewhere who are hoping against hope that Grange will bring about some kind of 'breakthrough', and that one or more persons will be arrested and charged with the crime of being responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

For one thing, some on here, and many elsewhere, have submitted evidence to Grange. PeterMac was one such. I was another. There have been many others who have done so.

If Grange closes in 67 days' time, or whenever, where do people who think they have relevant evidence go now?

Also, what happens to all the evidence that has been collected? There must be a room full of those hundreds of lines of enquiry, over 1,000 statements taken, and tens of thousands of documents and mobile 'phone records, lists of paedophiles and so on. Is this passed to the Portuguese Police? - it ought to be, as they are the 'lead' investigators. Is it going to be archived? For how long? Where? 

If someone does have credible 'new evidence', where do they go? Portugal ? Scotland Yard?

Where does all this leave the research work being undertaken e.g. here and by Dr Martin Roberts?   

These are some of the questions I was trying to open up for discussion.
Thank you, now I understand howdy !

If and when Operation Grange is concluded, I think the futrue will very much depend on the actions of the McCanns and their team.  If they disappear off the scene, which I think quite likely, I believe the case will fade into oblivion and all interested parties who have contributed so much in quest of the truth, will be forced to admit defeat and likewise disappear.

There is a chance, as I suggested earlier, that closure will open the doors to any number of opportunists who foresee a money making venture - such as documentaries, films, books, diaries - the list is endless.  Such a situation could lead to continued discussion for the unforeseeable future.  If however, the McCanns continue to push themselves forward with tales of woe, then no doubt the fora and blogs will continue to follow the story - it is a bit like a real life soap opera with a captvated audience of thousands of viewers.

Operation Grange must be concluded at some stage, they can't justify continuation indefinitely.  My guess, as with any criminal investigation, the case will be archived in the UK pending further evidence, inline with normal policing procudures.  The Metropolitan Police are not obligated to inform the public of details from an investigation so, all the information passed to them as you mention, will be filed away with the rest of the documentation.  No doubt there will be requests submitted by certain individuals, no names mentioned, for specific information but as has been seen by the response to so many FOIs, requested information will not be forthcoming.

I really think we (sorry to use the collective 'we') need to wait and see how things unfold as the days/weeks/months pass much the same as we've been doing for the past nine years +.

As regards new evidence (which I doubt there will be), by rights it should be sent direct to Portugal, not the UK police and certainly not the McCanns hotline.  It's always worth remembering, the UK had/have no jurisdiction in this case so Operation Grange has effectively been an illegal operation - alternatively if the small print suggests otherwise, then a complete and utter waste of time, engergy and public money!

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3534
Reputation : 2057
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** Days from its closure, Operation Grange is extended by £100.000 and 6 more months - 18.9.2016 *** (was: There are just 15 days left to the closure of Operation Grange)

Post by aquila on 27.07.16 14:24

@Verdi wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Verdi wrote:
@Tony Bennett wrote:
Bumping this thread as there are now only 67 days left to the closure of Operation Grange - and as yet there has been no positive suggestion for what McCann-sceptics can do next, if and when it closes...
Don't understand what you're asking.  Do you mean suggestions by forum members or are you alluding to possible scenarios in the next episode of the McCann saga?
OK, let me try and speak more plainly.

When Operation Grange was set up in May 2011 - I make that 1,902 days ago - many people on this and other forums were full of hope.

I wasn't one of them. I was roundly condemned by many on this very forum for being 'so negative'. My mantra always was: 'This is an expensive charade'.

Although the number of those who had high hopes of Grange has greatly diminished, there are no doubt still some here and elsewhere who are hoping against hope that Grange will bring about some kind of 'breakthrough', and that one or more persons will be arrested and charged with the crime of being responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

For one thing, some on here, and many elsewhere, have submitted evidence to Grange. PeterMac was one such. I was another. There have been many others who have done so.

If Grange closes in 67 days' time, or whenever, where do people who think they have relevant evidence go now?

Also, what happens to all the evidence that has been collected? There must be a room full of those hundreds of lines of enquiry, over 1,000 statements taken, and tens of thousands of documents and mobile 'phone records, lists of paedophiles and so on. Is this passed to the Portuguese Police? - it ought to be, as they are the 'lead' investigators. Is it going to be archived? For how long? Where? 

If someone does have credible 'new evidence', where do they go? Portugal ? Scotland Yard?

Where does all this leave the research work being undertaken e.g. here and by Dr Martin Roberts?   

These are some of the questions I was trying to open up for discussion.
Thank you, now I understand howdy !

If and when Operation Grange is concluded, I think the futrue will very much depend on the actions of the McCanns and their team.  If they disappear off the scene, which I think quite likely, I believe the case will fade into oblivion and all interested parties who have contributed so much in quest of the truth, will be forced to admit defeat and likewise disappear.

There is a chance, as I suggested earlier, that closure will open the doors to any number of opportunists who foresee a money making venture - such as documentaries, films, books, diaries - the list is endless.  Such a situation could lead to continued discussion for the unforeseeable future.  If however, the McCanns continue to push themselves forward with tales of woe, then no doubt the fora and blogs will continue to follow the story - it is a bit like a real life soap opera with a captvated audience of thousands of viewers.

Operation Grange must be concluded at some stage, they can't justify continuation indefinitely.  My guess, as with any criminal investigation, the case will be archived in the UK pending further evidence, inline with normal policing procudures.  The Metropolitan Police are not obligated to inform the public of details from an investigation so, all the information passed to them as you mention, will be filed away with the rest of the documentation.  No doubt there will be requests submitted by certain individuals, no names mentioned, for specific information but as has been seen by the response to so many FOIs, requested information will not be forthcoming.

I really think we (sorry to use the collective 'we') need to wait and see how things unfold as the days/weeks/months pass much the same as we've been doing for the past nine years +.

As regards new evidence (which I doubt there will be), by rights it should be sent direct to Portugal, not the UK police and certainly not the McCanns hotline.  It's always worth remembering, the UK had/have no jurisdiction in this case so Operation Grange has effectively been an illegal operation - alternatively if the small print suggests otherwise, then a complete and utter waste of time, engergy and public money!
No offence meant here Verdi (and as much as you get on my nerves I value your input on this forum) but you really are sitting on the fence recently and spouting sound bites - just like Piers Morgan does.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum