The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by skyrocket on 21.04.16 9:11

Just watched Richard's excellent compilation of Clarence's stand up performance in Aus.

One fact which CM highlighted twice was that before KM's 7 Sept arguido interview, she had already been interviewed 4 times. Only 2 previous interviews appear in the files, so the PJ have held back 2.

skyrocket

Posts : 466
Reputation : 409
Join date : 2015-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.04.16 9:16

@skyrocket wrote:Just watched Richard's excellent compilation of Clarence's stand up performance in Aus.

One fact which CM highlighted twice was that before KM's 7 Sept arguido interview, she had already been interviewed 4 times. Only 2 previous interviews appear in the files, so the PJ have held back 2.

Unless Clarence Mitchell was lying...  sarcastic

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13973
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by Doug D on 21.04.16 9:36

Fact or fiction?
 
‘One fact which CM highlighted twice was that before KM's 7 Sept arguido interview, she had already been interviewed 4 times.’
 
Only really once on 4th May.
 
The 6th September just carried on to the 7th although she was given arguida status before the interview continued on the 7th.
 
‘At this moment, and because it is late, 11 p.m., the interview was interrupted and will be continued on the next morning.’
 
   
Was it ever explained why there was not a second statement from KM on 10th May when GM gave his second statement, or was there and it has been withheld?

Doug D

Posts : 2149
Reputation : 640
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by skyrocket on 21.04.16 9:46

@TB - Haha! Indeed!

Getting personal, which I avoid doing normally but as it's only old CM ......  he's got rather rotund - bit too much of the good life I reckon. In the Aus clips he reminded me of an old bantam cockerel a friend used to own. It used to strut backwards and forwards with its chest puffed out - its self-importance far outweighing its size. It used to hide behind items in the garden and attack your ankles. 

He says he monitors the anti blogs, so I'll leave it at that!

@DougD - I stand corrected, you're right. Depends how CM defines an interview. I'm sure there must have been an interview with Kate around the 10 May - all the others (T7) seem to have been interviewed again at this time.

skyrocket

Posts : 466
Reputation : 409
Join date : 2015-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by Doug D on 21.04.16 9:56

Skyrocket:
 
‘Depends how CM defines an interview’
 
He doesn’t actually state ‘interviewed by PJ’ although he implies it.
    
Mail, Mirror, Guardian, Times,…….. that’s four interviews!!

Doug D

Posts : 2149
Reputation : 640
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monitoring

Post by Pyewacket on 21.04.16 10:23

@MayMuse wrote:Thank you for the link. I've just watched it and it amazes me how Richard is so on the ball with his videos!

A tad worried about Clarence, his blood pressure must be through the internet roof? 

 Wink He certainly can talk the talk, wonder if he gives "presentations" to the "team" which monitors the Internet? 
Strange he admits that they have them in place? Questions I would like to hear him answer;

"Why the need for those 'monitors'?
"What is their exact role as a monitor"? 
"Whose idea was it to introduce "monitoring"?
"When, where & how did they recruit these 'monitors'"? 
"Do they undergo any training"?
"What is the expected outcome for such monitoring"?
"Who does the "monitoring team" report to"?
"Does any remuneration to a 'monitoring team member' exchange hands & if so who funds this"?
"What exactly are they monitoring"?
"Is there any prerequisite to become a 'monitor'"?
"Do 'monitors' have to comply with a certain criteria"?
"When the 'monitors' have 'monitored' said Internet, where is this information shared/stored"?
"Do they comply with data-protection laws"?
"Are the 'monitors' monitored"?
"Did they expect to find Madeleine through 'monitoring'"? 
"How does he sleep at night"?

I'm sure I could think of a few more, pity I would have liked to have been in the audience!spit coffeesplat
That's brilliant, and made me laugh. My favourite has to be; Are the "Moniters" monitored ? Cheers.

Pyewacket

Posts : 72
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2013-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.04.16 10:27

@skyrocket wrote:@TB - Haha! Indeed!

Getting personal, which I avoid doing normally but as it's only old CM...he's got rather rotund - bit too much of the good life I reckon. In the Aus clips he reminded me of an old bantam cockerel a friend used to own. It used to strut backwards and forwards with its chest puffed out - its self-importance far outweighing its size. It used to hide behind items in the garden and attack your ankles. 
@ skyrocket  

Now you come to mention it, there is more than a passing resemblance!  >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WEeaFUYj1g

I always thought he was rather too 'cocksure'

____________________

                            "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"


Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

Posts : 13973
Reputation : 2147
Join date : 2009-11-25
Age : 69
Location : Harlow, Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by jeanmonroe on 21.04.16 14:08

GA said that the victory was only possible thanks to the support he has received, “from Portuguese citizens and other nationalities but principally from British subjects, including British police colleagues” - all of whom he thanks “from the bottom of my heart”.
---------------------

Could the 'scrolling headlines' boss possibly put the above statement/quote from GA on the scrolling headlines 'banner'?

Thanks, in advance.

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by sallypelt on 21.04.16 14:24

And let's not forget the young mum who made it all possible, Leanne Baulch. When Madeleine McCann disappeared, in 2007, Leanne wasn't much older than Madeleine would have been, today. This young mum was slaughtered by those who cannot stand truth and justice. Even over the last week or so, despite Leanne being out of the public eye, there was an attempt, by some, to vilify her. I wonder why these attempts raised their ugly heads around the same time as the other McCann stories were hitting the headlines?

Lianne, you are a credit to people of your own age, and beyond. I don't know you, personally,  but I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, for what you did, and what you put yourself through, all for a man who wanted nothing more than truth and justice. clapping1  


THE TRUTH IS LIKE A LION. YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEFEND IT. LET IT LOOSE AND IT WILL DEFEND ITSELF -  St Augustine

sallypelt

Posts : 3305
Reputation : 524
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by jeanmonroe on 21.04.16 14:47

@MayMuse wrote:Thank you for the link. I've just watched it and it amazes me how Richard is so on the ball with his videos!

A tad worried about Clarence, his blood pressure must be through the internet roof? 

 Wink He certainly can talk the talk, wonder if he gives "presentations" to the "team" which monitors the Internet? 
Strange he admits that they have them in place? Questions I would like to hear him answer;

"Why the need for those 'monitors'?
"What is their exact role as a monitor"? 
"Whose idea was it to introduce "monitoring"?
"When, where & how did they recruit these 'monitors'"? 
"Do they undergo any training"?
"What is the expected outcome for such monitoring"?
"Who does the "monitoring team" report to"?
"Does any remuneration to a 'monitoring team member' exchange hands & if so who funds this"?
"What exactly are they monitoring"?
"Is there any prerequisite to become a 'monitor'"?
"Do 'monitors' have to comply with a certain criteria"?
"When the 'monitors' have 'monitored' said Internet, where is this information shared/stored"?
"Do they comply with data-protection laws"?
"Are the 'monitors' monitored"?
"Did they expect to find Madeleine through 'monitoring'"? 
"How does he sleep at night"?

I'm sure I could think of a few more, pity I would have liked to have been in the audience!spit coffeesplat

'Slimy Lizards' make the best 'monitors'!

Bonus: Lizard Monitors 'speak' with 'forked' tongues.


"WHO SAID THAT"?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by Verdi on 21.04.16 15:38

Appeal court judges reject McCanns' ‘libel win’

Almost a year to the day that former PJ coordinator Gonçalo Amaral learnt that the parents of missing Madeleine McCann had successfully sued him over his book “The Truth of the Lie”, three appeal court judges have ruled that there is essentially no case to answer.

Ferreira de Almeida, Catarina Manso and Alexandrina Branquinho have unanimously overturned the ruling of a lower court, freeing Amaral from a €500,000 bill for damages and another €106,000 in legal costs.

The McCanns, who were originally suing Amaral for €1.2 million, are “almost certain” to appeal. But the fact that the judges were united over their 16-page decision speaks volumes.

The question, they explained, centres on “appreciating an alleged illegality”.

Amaral’s thesis - that Madeleine “was not abducted, but had died accidentally” and that her parents, knowing this, had “covered up” the facts using “the theory of kidnap to elude” was nothing new.

It came from evidence contained in police files on the case, and it was the basis for the couple being made “arguidos” in the original investigation.

The judges thus accepted Amaral’s contention that he wrote “Truth of the Lie” “to expose his vision of the facts”, saying that it followed that “publication of the said book has to be considered a legitimate exercise of the right to an opinion”.

But even more, the panel stated that it was the McCanns who “multiplied themselves in interviews and interventions in national and international media” to the point that “one must conclude that it was they who voluntarily limited their rights to reservation and the intimacy of private life”.

In very stilted legal jargon, the bottom line is that the judges basically rated Amaral’s right to an opinion on the same level as anyone else’s.

Picking up the story, the Daily Mail managed to speak to McCann defence lawyer Isabel Duarte who said both she and her clients were “obviously disappointed”.

Duarte added however that she was not surprised, as “one of the judges ruled in favour of a previous appeal overturning a ban on the book”.

Indeed, McCann lawyers tried to remove this judge (Catarina Manso), altogether. A legal source has calculated that the shenanigans “cost some two months of time, which explains why this decision took so long”.

As Público explains, copies of the “Truth of the Lie” can now once again go on sale (which television reports suggest will happen next week), as can the DVD film documentary, the property of Valentim de Carvalho Filmes and television station TVI.

The panel’s decision, Duarte told the Mail, was “an appreciation of the law and not the facts”.

“We can appeal to the Supreme Court which we will do as soon as we have instructions from our clients,” she said. “We obviously hope the appeal will succeed. The McCanns never received any compensation money after the original decision, although the money was deposited at the court.”

This is something Amaral will very likely be addressing with his own lawyers, as he has had his assets frozen since the McCanns launched their civil action seven years ago.

Day-to-day life for the former cop has not been easy in the interim, but he has been buoyed by support - much of it coming from the UK - which last year saw over £50,000 raised towards his legal costs via an appeal launched by a budding British criminology student.

Amaral’s stance throughout the ordeal has been to insist on his right to freedom of expression - though he has intimated that ‘when all this is over’, he may well be filing civil charges of his own.

Speaking to Nova Gente magazine last year, he said: “Each thing in its own time.”

It won’t only be the McCanns he plans to sue, “but their group of friends and other people and entities”, he said, stressing “there is an illicit action that was indeed performed, the neglect in guarding their children which caused direct damages to many people, not only myself”.

Members of the Ocean Club staff were fired, he said, “many of them unjustly, passing from mere employees and heads of their families to suspects in a criminal investigation when they had nothing to do with the matter”.

Coincidentally, Tuesday’s ‘news of the appeal result in Portugal’ came as papers in UK were highlighting remarks made by “the detective in charge of the search for Madeleine”, Detective Chief Superintendent Mick Duthie - a new name in the British-led inquiry - who said police “still believe Madeleine could be found alive”.

Glossing over the fact that British press has given the long-running probe by the Metropolitan Police until October before funding is pulled altogether (click here), Duthie told reporters that Operation Grange (so far costing British taxpayers in excess of £12 million) could be extended by additional funding, as there is “always a possibility that we will find Madeleine”.

Nevertheless, this week is one for the Amaral camp.

The former detective said Tuesday’s news was “a tremendous and important victory for the right to opinion, freedom of expression and democracy”.

He also said he was “fully aware” that the victory was only possible thanks to the support he has received, “from Portuguese citizens and other nationalities but principally from British subjects, including British police colleagues” - all of whom he thanks “from the bottom of my heart”.

“The victory belongs to those who believe in truth, honesty and the realisation of justice,” he concluded.

But, with social media buzzing and articles throughout the world’s press, there is no getting away from the fact that Tuesday’s news came just weeks before the ninth anniversary of three-year-old Madeleine’s baffling disappearance.

Despite all the millions spent, all the agony of lawsuits and strife, all the pain of all those involved, no one seems any closer to the hidden nugget that will finally lift the lid of this extraordinary mystery.

By NATASHA DONN natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

UPDATE WEDNESDAY: Expresso has revealed that Amaral's legal team does indeed intend to press ahead with a counter-suit against the McCanns.

“We are going to advance with a compensation claim against the McCanns", lawyer Miguel Cruz Rodrigues has told the paper. “My client has suffered years of prejudice and losses.”

Amarl will be seeking "damages for what have been years of financial losses" in which his "good name has been called into question,” said the lawyer.


http://portugalresident.com/appeal-court-judges-reject-mccanns-%E2%80%98libel-win%E2%80%99

____________________
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made" - Groucho Marx

Verdi

Posts : 3554
Reputation : 2067
Join date : 2015-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by Realist on 21.04.16 15:59

@Bishop Brennan wrote:

Some suckers may chip in, but the overwhelming majority either don't care enough or simply don't believe the McCanns any more. .
I wouldn't have thought the  British people had anything left to 'chip in,' particularly in the vein that the majority are in debt for the duration of their lives.

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by Realist on 21.04.16 16:25

@Verdi wrote:

Amaral’s thesis - that Madeleine “was not abducted, but had died accidentally” and that her parents, knowing this, had “covered up” the facts using “the theory of kidnap to elude” was nothing new.


.


As stated in a riposte to this on another thread, this hypothesis simply doesn't make sense. If indeed Madeleine had died accidentally, why would any sane minded person feel the need to cover up the facts by disposing of her body and concocting a spurious abduction story, thereby creating a potential murder enquiry. The only logical reason for disposing of her body and concocting a spurious abduction story was to avoid an autopsy which would determine that her death was not accidental.

When I first read this, the only reason I could conceive of for Goncala putting forward this hypothesis in his book  was that he had libel on his mind, because if he didn't, then the rest of the book wasn't worth reading any more than Pat Brown's theory that Gerry McCann could conceivably have walked through British customs with Madeleine in a suitcase.

Goncala was always going to win his appeal for the same reasons he had won the previous one. The McCanns were ill advised to instigate this action in the first instance by lawyers who were only interested in extracting extortionate legal fees from their 'Self Preservation Fund.'

Realist

Posts : 421
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by jeanmonroe on 21.04.16 16:32

Mention of Pat Brown.

Will she now also be able to 're-market' her 'banned' book?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by BlueBag on 21.04.16 16:42

@Realist wrote:

As stated in a riposte to this on another thread, this hypothesis simply doesn't make sense. If indeed Madeleine had died accidentally, why would any sane minded person feel the need to cover up the facts by disposing of her body and concocting a spurious abduction story, thereby creating a potential murder enquiry. The only logical reason for disposing of her body and concocting a spurious abduction story was to avoid an autopsy which would determine that her death was not accidental.
Hmmm... no.

She could have died accidentally and an autopsy shown something else not nice.

BlueBag

Posts : 3432
Reputation : 1275
Join date : 2014-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by skyrocket on 21.04.16 16:57

Posted by portugalpress on April 21, 2016

McCanns threaten “anyone selling Amaral’s book in UK” with legal action



In the aftermath of their libel case defeat, the parents of missing Madeleine McCann are reported to be threatening people found selling the damning book "Truth of the Lie" that has been once again freed from censorship.
The UK’s Daily Mirror claims Kate and Gerry McCann “have warned anyone caught selling ex-police chief Gonzalo (sic) Amaral’s book in the UK would face legal action”.
But the story fails to address the fact that, right now, there is no legal basis for this tactic.
Amaral’s thesis will be returning to bookstores in Portugal next week as both he and his publishers Guerra e Paz have won the civil action lodged against them.
It is possible the McCann’s lawyers will argue that the appeal they claim to be lodging with Portugal’s Supreme Court could cover threats of legal action - but this is also debatable, say legal experts.
“The book is not held to be defamatory in any jurisdiction in the world”, said one - pointing out at the same time that an appeal to the Supreme Court in Portugal is equivalent to an appeal to the House of Lords in Great Britain.
“These courts only listen to cases involving important points of law, of general public importance”, he told us. “They are not interested in facts, nor minor squabbles - nor whether the Court of Appeal has made a good or bad decision.
“They are only interested if they have to clarify something which the substantive law has not made entirely clear”.
In other words, an appeal by the McCann’s to continue their action against former PJ coordinator Gonçalo Amaral “may not even be entertained”, said the source.
Be that as it may, the fallout from Tuesday’s decision is reverberating through the world’s media channels, particularly as Amaral has hit back almost immediately with the news that his lawyers will now be suing for compensation.
The bill “could run into the hundreds of thousands of euros”, writes the Mirror, explaining that Amaral is said to be suing for “years of financial losses in which his good name has been called into question”.
Negotiating with his publishers today, the former detective confirmed to the Resident that “what the McCanns are doing is illegal. I am in talks with my publishers for a book in the English language, as there is as yet no publisher in the UK, the USA, Australia, New Zealand - not even Amazon - that is selling it.
"The McCanns will learn to respect the right to opinion and freedom of expression”, he added - stressing that “any version” of Truth of the Lie in English that can be found on the Internet is also illegal, as neither he nor Guerra e Paz publishers have given their authorisation to translations.
natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/mccanns-threaten-%E2%80%9Canyone-selling-amaral%E2%80%99s-book-in-uk%E2%80%9D-with-legal-action#sthash.VtGeRWhF.NOJveSks.dpuf



So, looks like the appeal to the Supreme Court might be a non-starter.

I was feeling a bit ambiguous about Snr Amaral's comments about the online English version of 'The Truth of the LIe' - after all, I'm sure his cause was bolstered by many who had read it and gained a deeper insight into the initial investigation. However, after only a moments contemplation I threw the doubts off - the guy has been through hell and no author (or musician) would feel differently. I'm sure he will be fully supported in this respect.

skyrocket

Posts : 466
Reputation : 409
Join date : 2015-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by Rogue-a-Tory on 21.04.16 17:05

I think the Mirror published the story of a threat to take legal action against the book sellers as a deliberate ploy.

MSM has had enough of these 2 and is looking for surreptitious ways to bury them - without risking breach of any Carter Ruck super-inaudibles. What better way to stir up interest than with a message - 'you hadn't better do this, it's naughty and probably illegal'. Try it on the kids big grin

Rogue-a-Tory

Posts : 402
Reputation : 245
Join date : 2014-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by pennylane on 21.04.16 17:15

@Realist wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

Amaral’s thesis - that Madeleine “was not abducted, but had died accidentally” and that her parents, knowing this, had “covered up” the facts using “the theory of kidnap to elude” was nothing new.


.


As stated in a riposte to this on another thread, this hypothesis simply doesn't make sense. If indeed Madeleine had died accidentally, why would any sane minded person feel the need to cover up the facts by disposing of her body and concocting a spurious abduction story, thereby creating a potential murder enquiry. The only logical reason for disposing of her body and concocting a spurious abduction story was to avoid an autopsy which would determine that her death was not accidental.

When I first read this, the only reason I could conceive of for Goncala putting forward this hypothesis in his book  was that he had libel on his mind, because if he didn't, then the rest of the book wasn't worth reading any more than Pat Brown's theory that Gerry McCann could conceivably have walked through British customs with Madeleine in a suitcase.

Goncala was always going to win his appeal for the same reasons he had won the previous one. The McCanns were ill advised to instigate this action in the first instance by lawyers who were only interested in extracting extortionate legal fees from their 'Self Preservation Fund.'

Sorry but I disagree.  Sedation and neglect of 3 toddlers leading to the unintentional death of one of them is negligent homicide at the least.  An autopsy would have left them up the creak without a paddle and in a foreign country to boot.  Although the death could be deemed unintentional, the charges would be very serious indeed, and not just where Madeleine sad fate was concerned, but also the twins!  The repercussions would have obliterated their family, their finances, and both their future careers.

imo

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by pennylane on 21.04.16 17:16

@Rogue-a-Tory wrote:I think the Mirror published the story of a threat to take legal action against the book sellers as a deliberate ploy.

MSM has had enough of these 2 and is looking for surreptitious ways to bury them - without risking breach of any Carter Ruck super-inaudibles. What better way to stir up interest than with a message - 'you hadn't better do this, it's naughty and probably illegal'. Try it on the kids big grin
Yes I agree. There goes those two, greedy control freaks again (type thing)

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by pennylane on 21.04.16 17:20

@jeanmonroe wrote:Mention of Pat Brown.

Will she now also be able to 're-market' her 'banned' book?
I do hope so jean!

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by whodunit on 21.04.16 17:46

@pennylane wrote:
@Realist wrote:
@Verdi wrote:

Amaral’s thesis - that Madeleine “was not abducted, but had died accidentally” and that her parents, knowing this, had “covered up” the facts using “the theory of kidnap to elude” was nothing new.


.


As stated in a riposte to this on another thread, this hypothesis simply doesn't make sense. If indeed Madeleine had died accidentally, why would any sane minded person feel the need to cover up the facts by disposing of her body and concocting a spurious abduction story, thereby creating a potential murder enquiry. The only logical reason for disposing of her body and concocting a spurious abduction story was to avoid an autopsy which would determine that her death was not accidental.

When I first read this, the only reason I could conceive of for Goncala putting forward this hypothesis in his book  was that he had libel on his mind, because if he didn't, then the rest of the book wasn't worth reading any more than Pat Brown's theory that Gerry McCann could conceivably have walked through British customs with Madeleine in a suitcase.

Goncala was always going to win his appeal for the same reasons he had won the previous one. The McCanns were ill advised to instigate this action in the first instance by lawyers who were only interested in extracting extortionate legal fees from their 'Self Preservation Fund.'

Sorry but I disagree.  Sedation and neglect of 3 toddlers leading to the unintentional death of one of them is negligent homicide at the least.  An autopsy would have left them up the creak without a paddle and in a foreign country to boot.  Although the death could be deemed unintentional, the charges would be very serious indeed, and not just where Madeleine sad fate was concerned, but also the twins!  The repercussions would have obliterated their family, their finances, and both their future careers.

imo

Minus everything else, you have a point, but you're ignoring government protection, Tapas 7 lies and complicity, Robert Murat's role, the Gaspar statments...

whodunit

Posts : 467
Reputation : 442
Join date : 2015-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by pennylane on 21.04.16 18:01

I'm not ignoring any of that, but I believe this is what happened on the evening of 3rd May 2007.  I think they had help from their friends re checking times, as they all feared neglect repercussions following the possible arrest of the McCanns, however (imo) Jane Tanner is the only one that went out on a limb in a big way. 

I've always said there is a missing piece of the puzzle, hence the government help, and I think the confusion comes from trying to link it all to Maddie's demise.  That's jmho  thumbup

pennylane

Posts : 2529
Reputation : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by plebgate on 21.04.16 18:09

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but WELL DONE  Rocky A.  WELL DONE.

Also WELL DONE to all those who have contributed and supported him for all these years.

WELL DONE  Leanne.

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by plebgate on 21.04.16 18:28

@jeanmonroe wrote:"There’s going to be a riot when news of all this reaches people back in the UK . . . There’s no way our government will stand for this." said KM 'confidently' when 'asked' about GA's stunning libel appeal victory, against her, in Portugal.
big grin

plebgate

Posts : 5445
Reputation : 1160
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Appeal in favour of Gonçalo Amaral

Post by whodunit on 21.04.16 18:31

@pennylane wrote:I'm not ignoring any of that, but I believe this is what happened on the evening of 3rd May 2007.  I think they had help from their friends re checking times, as they all feared neglect repercussions following the possible arrest of the McCanns, however (imo) Jane Tanner is the only one that went out on a limb in a big way. 

I've always said there is a missing piece of the puzzle, hence the government help, and I think the confusion comes from trying to link it all to Maddie's demise.  That's jmho  thumbup

As we can see, they had nothing to fear re: neglect repercussions..

whodunit

Posts : 467
Reputation : 442
Join date : 2015-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum