The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Carter-Ruck threatens blogger with jail for breaching injunction not to name celebrity couple in 'threesome' case. Blogger reacts by publishing Carter-Ruck's letter!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carter-Ruck threatens blogger with jail for breaching injunction not to name celebrity couple in 'threesome' case. Blogger reacts by publishing Carter-Ruck's letter!

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.04.16 12:24

Celebrity injunction: blogger defies legal threats as more papers print details 

Website editor says he has been threatened with jail for naming celebrity involved in ‘threesome’ injunction, as Canadian and Swedish titles run story

PIC: A blogger who named the couple behind the celebrity ‘threesome’ injunction has received legal threats. Photograph: Dan Kitwood/Getty Images 

Attempts to silence a blogger who published the identities of a celebrity couple at the centre of a UK press injunction appear to have backfired, as newspapers in Canada and Sweden published details of the story. 

The blogger said he had been fielding calls from the European press after publishing a letter sent by law firm Carter-Ruck threatening him with jail for publishing the names of the couple on a site accessible in the UK. 

The injunction was taken out to stop the Sun from reporting details of a threesome one of the married pair allegedly had with another couple. The injunction was upheld by the court of appeal, citing both the potential impact on the couple’s two young children, and the fact their statements on their marriage were not contradicted by the celebrity’s behaviour as reasons for granting the injunction. 

Referring to a phenomenon named after Barbra Streisand’s attempts to suppress photos of her home in Malibu, California, the blogger said the injunction was only serving to amplify the story, and he had no fears about being prosecuted because he was not based in the UK. 

“It’s a massive Streisand effect. Now I am fielding calls from European tabloids,” he said. “I told [Carter-Ruck] to take it where the sun doesn’t shine. There’s no bricks and mortar in the UK, there’s no printing press in the UK, there’s no server in the UK.” 

The Sun on Sunday, which was planning to publish the original story before being served with the injunction, is to challenge the ruling in court. 

Details of the story had already been published by a US newspaper last week, and in a Scottish newspaper on Monday, but UK readers were not able to access the story online. 

The couple have also been named on social media by people in the UK, but the chance of prosecution remains remote unless the couple decide to pursue individuals. 

A spokesperson for the Attorney General’s office told the Guardian: “Anyone who breaches an injunction through comments posted online or otherwise may have contempt of court proceedings brought against them.

“Although the Attorney General will consider any representations that are made to him, the onus for bringing proceedings for contempt will usually lie with the party who sought the injunction in the first place.”

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/apr/13/celebrity-injunction-blogger-threesome

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carter-Ruck threatens blogger with jail for breaching injunction not to name celebrity couple in 'threesome' case. Blogger reacts by publishing Carter-Ruck's letter!

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.04.16 14:27

This is all very very sad for the two children being raised by Elton John and David Furnish:

WHY THE ENGLISH MEDIA COULD GO TO JAIL FOR REPORTING ON THE OLIVE OIL TRYSTS OF ELTON JOHN'S HUSBAND

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/why-the-english-media-could-go-to-jail-for-reporting-on-the-olive-oil-trysts-of-elton-johns-husband

They never had a mother to start with - no mother's cuddles for them.

Now their two fathers have had a bust-up and one of them has left.

Maybe the Christian magistrate who was unceremoniously removed from the bench for voicing his doubts about the wisdom of children being brought up by two fathers was right after all?

++++++++++++++++

Christian magistrate to sue Michael Gove over sacking for gay adoption stance

by Aaron James

A Christian magistrate who was sacked after opposing adoption by gay parents on national television is planning to sue Michael Gove over the decision.

Richard Page, who sat on the family bench in Kent, was struck off for his "biased and prejudiced" views, but insists his "motivation is to do what was right for the child".

He has pledged to take legal action and sue the Lord Chancellor (below) through an employment tribunal, saying he has "the wrong end of the stick".

The 69-year-old was previously sent for retraining after saying during an adoption hearing that it would be better for a child to be brought up by a mother and father than a same-sex couple. 

During a BBC interview in March 2015, Mr Page said: "My responsibility as a magistrate, as I saw it, was to do what I considered best for the child, and my feeling was therefore that it would be better if it was a man and woman who were the adopted parents."

Afterwards a spokesman for the Judicial Conduct Investigations Office said his comments "would have caused a reasonable person to conclude he was biased and prejudiced against single sex adopters".

On his decision to take legal action, Richard Page said: "As a magistrate, I have to act on the evidence before me and quite simply, I believe that there is not sufficient evidence to convince me that placing a child in the care of a same-sex couple can be as holistically beneficial to a child as placing them with a mum and dad as God and nature intended."

"It isn't that I'm homophobic. As a Christian I think homosexual activity is wrong. I think that sex outside marriage is wrong."

"In the case of single sex people adopting children in America, a very, very high percentage have huge psychological, personality disorder problems, all sorts of things.

"I can't tell you what they are medically correctly but they have tremendous problems which is vastly greater than is normal to every one of us who've been through that situation."

UNQUOTE

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carter-Ruck threatens blogger with jail for breaching injunction not to name celebrity couple in 'threesome' case. Blogger reacts by publishing Carter-Ruck's letter!

Post by woodpecker on 17.04.16 12:32

This sad saga could perhaps result in the the celebrity couple splitting; and if not now soon when another tabloid reveals subsequent indiscretions. Now the couple's 2 children are very young 3 and 5.

In any custody battle, the mother normally gets custody when the children are young unless it can be proven that the mother is unsuitable due to drink/drug problems etc.

Now where you have 2 men who acquired their children by buying a woman's egg and then implanting that egg into another woman's (rented) womb together with the sperm of one of the men, who is the 'mother' where custody is involved?

I understand in this case (but open to correction) that each man is the biological father of one of the children. Whether the same women were used for the two pregnancies I am not sure.

I pity the judge if ultimately there is a custody battle. The judge will face big name lawyers acting for both men with money no object. Those 'fathers' will want their designer babies back.

I feel so sad for those innocent children.  I doubt if there is yet any authoritative research showing the effect on children when they find out they came into the world through  buy an egg and rent a womb.

woodpecker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.04.16 12:59

@woodpecker wrote: Those 'fathers' will want their designer babies back...I feel so sad for those innocent children. 
Amen.

It is not a good start in life.

No doubt if there is a split, these two fathers will probably take up soon with new homosexual partners.

If there is a custody battle, probably each father will get 'his' child. The two brothers could be permanently separated and become 'only children'.  

There is a rising backlash now from young adults who describe the miseries of being brought up by homosexuals and lesbians - and are actively campaigning against 'gay marriage' and against 'gay adoptions', as this recent article in the Washington Times explains:

Adult children of gays say gay marriage isn't good

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/27/adult-children-of-gays-say-gay-marriage-isnt-good-/?page=all

There are several similar groups in the U.S. and one in the U.K.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes on 17.04.16 22:03

If any public figure in this country stated that they believed a child is better off with a mother and father, they would quickly be bullied into a cringing apology, or be forced to resign from whatever position they held. Freedom of speech is being destroyed.

Cmaryholmes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 17.04.16 22:52

@Cmaryholmes wrote:If any public figure in this country stated that they believed a child is better off with a mother and father, they would quickly be bullied into a cringing apology, or be forced to resign from whatever position they held. Freedom of speech is being destroyed.

Yes, and it will get worse, for sure.

Let me repeat these words which I read in a Christian newspaper only yesterday:

"Persecution tends to focus on a standard test.

"In the Roman Empire, it was people's willingness to put a pinch of incense on an altar to the Emperor.

"At the Reformation it was transubstantiation.

"Today the test is homosexuality. We see owners of a little guest house put out of business. A bakery is dragged through the courts at vast expense for refusing to put a slogan promoting homosexuality on a cake. A magistrate is dismissed from public office. A registrar loses her job. And so it goes on".

The Patron Saint of England (and some other countries), St. George, suffered two years' torture in prison, followed by execution in 325 AD, because he failed the first (Roman Empire) test. He said he owed worship only to his God, Jesus Christ, and not to any Roman Emperor. He would not place incense n the Emperor's statue. The Emperors said they were 'gods'. 

Over 300 Protestants in England, including old men and women and teenagers, were publicly burnt at the stake because they denied transubstantiation - the Roman Catholic Church's dishonest claim that the bread and wine at the altar could be changed by the priests into the actual body and blood of Christ.      

Now we see homosexual practices - and even the 'benefits' of transgender operations for those who think they were 'born in the wrong body - promoted in primary school classes. The homosexual rights activists want nothing less than wholehearted support from everyone for their lifestyle choice and agenda - and woe betide anyone who questions it all.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cmaryholmes on 18.04.16 10:45

We will all reap what we sow.....even multi millionaire celebrities and doctors.

Cmaryholmes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 18.04.16 12:32

"Mum, you're home early - errr... sorry.  Dad, you're home early - errr .... which one are you?

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 18.04.16 14:20

People were criticized for saying when they got married and adopted that "it's not right".

They've been proved right.

There is a political dimension to all this injunction malarky because the repercussions go way beyond the piano player and his partner.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 18.04.16 14:22

@Verdi wrote:  "Mum, you're home early - errr... sorry.  Dad, you're home early - errr .... which one are you?
Leave it alone, it was born that way.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 18.04.16 15:20

@BlueBag wrote:People were criticized for saying when they got married and adopted that "it's not right".

They've been proved right.

There is a political dimension to all this injunction malarky because the repercussions go way beyond the piano player and his partner.
Quite so - and it stretches throughout the broad spectrum of society.  Royalty down to politicians, to health, to police, to broadcasting, to media, to .....

I don't think the blinkered that shout 'homophobe' from the rooftops, anytime one is critical about a specific aspect of homosexuality, have even a vague idea about how some of these people live.  Or is it fashionable to be tolerant of anything and everything thrown at you?

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 18.04.16 16:50

They can do what they like so long as they don't harm others.

I don't have to like it  - in fact it makes me queasy - it's the way I was born :-) but they can get on with it for all I care.

I don't have to think it won't be a problem for any children caught up in it though.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdi on 18.04.16 20:27

@BlueBag wrote:They can do what they like so long as they don't harm others.

I don't have to like it  - in fact it makes me queasy - it's the way I was born :-) but they can get on with it for all I care.

I don't have to think it won't be a problem for any children caught up in it though.
I agree but I don't happen to like being told what to accept, think do or say.  Behaviour may not specifically cause harm, it can however affect aspects of ones life - that's my main objection, particularly when those responsible for dictating the way we should live are questionable in their own personal habits to say the least Wink

This is a reality!  I recall years ago when the subject gay and lesbian acceptance and integration in society generally was top of the agenda, local authorities in London were giving top jobs to the so called minority groups and issuing orders that gays, lesbians, disabled, religious and ethnic groups be given preference over other job applicants.  I believe this was about the same era as the child abuse in care scandal hit the headlines, when Ken Livingstone was running the GLC.  It's tantamount to sowing the seed for a future bountiful harvest.

Still, I digress.  There can be no doubt that single sex parenting will have a long-term detrimental effect on children.

Verdi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Research_Reader on 19.04.16 13:40

How predictable. 

All kinds of evils have grown out of the breakdown of the traditional family.

A certain section of the gay community and the politically correct media would have us believe that a gay family is just the same as a straight one. But no-one dares talk about the greater prevalence of promiscuity, paedophilia and pederasty amongst gay men. I'm not saying that all gay men are like this, only that it occurs more frequently amongst them.

And when you hear of children being abused, more often than not they are being brought up by a single mother with a revolving door of thug boyfriends.

On every level - emotional, psychological, financial, spiritual, educational - children are better off being brought up by their biological mother and father.

Research_Reader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 19.04.16 20:01

@Research_Reader wrote:A certain section of the gay community and the politically correct media would have us believe that a gay family is just the same as a straight one.
They do.

And woe betide anyone who doesn't think it's the greatest thing ever, because if you have the slightest doubt you're a "homophobe" and hanging is too good for you.

We're supposed to live in a free society and every day they invent new ways to shackle anyone with questions.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 21.04.16 8:47

I though the deadline was last Wednesday.

What happened?

Did they appeal?

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 21.04.16 9:14

@BlueBag wrote:I though the deadline was last Wednesday.

What happened?

Did they appeal?
@ Blue Bag

Yes, they appealed, and the Supreme Court hearing is today, we maybe we wil get the name(s) later on today:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/21/celebrity-threesome-injunction-identities-could-be-revealed-toda/

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 21.04.16 11:09

The suspense is killing me.

Not really as everyone knows anyway.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loopzdaloop on 25.04.16 0:40

@Research_Reader wrote:How predictable. 

All kinds of evils have grown out of the breakdown of the traditional family.

A certain section of the gay community and the politically correct media would have us believe that a gay family is just the same as a straight one. But no-one dares talk about the greater prevalence of promiscuity, paedophilia and pederasty amongst gay men. I'm not saying that all gay men are like this, only that it occurs more frequently amongst them.

And when you hear of children being abused, more often than not they are being brought up by a single mother with a revolving door of thug boyfriends.

On every level - emotional, psychological, financial, spiritual, educational - children are better off being brought up by their biological mother and father.

What utter rot, not the case at all that homosexuality and pedophillia are linked. 

There is a cultural aspect to pedophilia, hence child brides in certain religions and it being ongoing in certain sections of society. Its more often than not a spiral of abuse, abusers have often experienced the same.

loopzdaloop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum