The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams, disappeared from her bed Saturday night

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams, disappeared from her bed Saturday night

Post by kangdang on 05.08.10 21:52

@Rainbow wrote:MRS Healey did NOT say that.

No she did not, Kate said it to her and then Mrs. Healy repeated it to the press.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on 05.08.10 22:45

Correct and it was hardly advice either.

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by listener on 05.08.10 23:31

So she is a bit narcistic - She must cringe at some of the available pics!

listener

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 05.08.10 23:48

I see the "narcistic" term bandied about a hell of a lot, many who use it glean their knowledge from one click google searches...there is a hell of a lot more to NPD, I do wish people would remember that.

ETA
My comment is not a dig at you listener, I know you were likely using it in jest...your use of the word simply reminded of a gripe that I have long had in it misuse.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 06.08.10 10:26

@kangdang wrote:
@Rainbow wrote:MRS Healey did NOT say that.

No she did not, Kate said it to her and then Mrs. Healy repeated it to the press.

@Rainbow wrote:Correct and it was hardly advice either.

Yes, you're both right. That was an extremely poorly worded sentence which blatantly lay the blame for something at the door of an innocent person.

I don't know what came over me.

Mrs Healy did NOT say that even though she repeated it, word for word, in the press for money.

But I'm glad my heinous act was nipped in the bud and not allowed to escalate for, say, three years, which could have resulted in many other innocent people being dragged into my fantasy world of lies and misinformation.

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 06.08.10 14:38

lol!

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on 06.08.10 17:55

There are enough distortions and forum myths around this case without adding to them I would have thought

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 06.08.10 18:06

@Rainbow wrote:There are enough distortions and forum myths around this case without adding to them I would have thought

You must try telling that to the Tapas 9.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 06.08.10 18:30

@Rainbow wrote:There are enough distortions and forum myths around this case without adding to them I would have thought

@Judge Mental wrote:

Chill out Rainbow. Kate 'woe is me' McCann told her mum something utterly pathetic and old Ma Healey repeated this utterly pathetic non-news to the press to make money and garner sympathy for her slim, flat-chested daughter who was a prime suspect in the demise and concealment of her own daughter.

If anyone is guilty of perpetrating myths it is the McCanns and their family/friends. At least my unintentional 'balls-up' wasn't trying to conceal the death of a child and the worst thing that happened was that it momentarily upset you until kangdang jumped in and agreed with you. But a day later and you're still moaning about it!

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 06.08.10 19:12

At least my unintentional 'balls-up' wasn't trying to conceal the death of a child

thumbsup

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on 06.08.10 19:29

@ufercoffy wrote:

@Judge Mental wrote:

Chill out Rainbow. Kate 'woe is me' McCann told her mum something utterly pathetic and old Ma Healey repeated this utterly pathetic non-news to the press to make money and garner sympathy for her slim, flat-chested daughter who was a prime suspect in the demise and concealment of her own daughter.

If anyone is guilty of perpetrating myths it is the McCanns and their family/friends. At least my unintentional 'balls-up' wasn't trying to conceal the death of a child and the worst thing that happened was that it momentarily upset you until kangdang jumped in and agreed with you. But a day later and you're still moaning about it!

Moaning? Okaaaaay,thought I was just responding to posts....my bad.

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 06.08.10 19:41

@kangdang wrote:To be fair, kids have been dying at the hands of the parents since humankind graced the earth

Sadly it's supported by statistics that majorities of children fallen to harm are usually victims of parents or someone known to them.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 06.08.10 19:49

@aiyoyo wrote:
@kangdang wrote:To be fair, kids have been dying at the hands of the parents since humankind graced the earth

Sadly it's supported by statistics that majorities of children fallen to harm are usually victims of parents or someone known to them.

Clearing the ground beneath one's feet is always recommended by police authorities worldwide.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on 06.08.10 20:15

Has there been any more news of Keisha?

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 06.08.10 23:28

@Rainbow wrote:Has there been any more news of Keisha?

Yes Rainbow, I have just found this article.

[img][/img]

Mother of missing Kiesha escapes to hotel By Clementine Cuneo From: The Daily Telegraph August 07, 2010

•Family tries to avoid media glare
•Divers find nothing in nearby dams
•Witness report heightens police fears

SITTING alone and deep in thought outside a western Sydney motel room yesterday, Kristi Abrahams' mind was no doubt awash with fear and doubt.
The mother of missing six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams fled her Mt Druitt home mid-morning for the relative obscurity of the suburban motel, desperate to escape the glare that has enveloped her family since her daughter disappeared on Sunday.

With her partner Robert Smith and four-week-old son Levi, Ms Abrahams checked into the motel as police divers were preparing to ramp up their search for Kiesha today, focusing on shallow creeks throughout western Sydney.

The divers scoured dams in nearby Marsden Park for the second consecutive day yesterday, but failed to find any clues to explain the girl's disappearance.

A witness claimed to have seen a little girl matching Kiesha's description in the area with a man last Sunday, heightening police fears.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related CoverageKiesha Abrahams: In pictures
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
As the search enters its sixth day, the Mt Druitt community banded together in honour of Kiesha.

Her father Chris Weippeart and his family yesterday thanked emergency crews and the community for their tireless searching, but begged them not to give up. "Our hearts are broken, but we just want people to keep looking, keep searching and bring Kiesha home alive," Chris' brother Matthew Weippeart said yesterday.

A brightly-coloured shrine - which has adorned the front wall outside the apartment block from which Kiesha vanished on Sunday - was yesterday bolstered with more dolls, bears and messages of hope.

Hebersham Community Group spokeswoman Kim Henry said the shrine was the locals' way of helping keep Kiesha's spirit alive while emergency service officers searched for her.

"This has devastated people, having a child go missing. This is such a family area," Ms Henry said.

The Daily Telegraph yesterday revealed Kiesha's stepdad had been questioned by police, who asked him to lead them to her body. Mr Smith has denied having anything to do with the disappearance of Kiesha.

"They won't find nothing on me, I haven't done anything," Mr Smith said.

He and Ms Abrahams yesterday left the house they were staying at in a car with the windows covered and drove straight to the motel, just a few minutes away.

There, they were reunited with their two-year-old daughter Breanna, who was brought to the motel by a family friend who has been looking after her.

Two women, believed to have been from the Department of Community Services, also visited the pair during the afternoon.

Last night, Mr Smith and Ms Abrahams were expected to be taken by police to their apartment as a "routine" part of the ongoing investigation.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on 06.08.10 23:52

Thank you.

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy on 07.08.10 9:45

@Rainbow wrote:Moaning? Okaaaaay,thought I was just responding to posts....my bad.

I'm sorry.

ufercoffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 08.08.10 14:08

Kiesha search ends, everyone a suspect

AAP

The air and ground search for missing six-year-old Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams has been called off but anyone and everyone remains a suspect.

Police announced on Sunday that the massive search in areas around the family's home at Mt Druitt, in Sydney's west, has been suspended unless they receive new information.

Officers and volunteers have searched via helicopter and foot patrol, with divers deployed in local waterways, for the past seven days.

Strike Force Jarocin will continue to investigate Kiesha's disappearance, Detective Inspector Russell Oxford said.

"As far as nominating suspects and dealing them in or out, everyone's a suspect," Det Insp Oxford told reporters on Sunday in Sydney.

Kiesha was last seen about 9.30pm (AEST) on July 31, when her mother, Kristi Abrahams, put her to bed.

She was reported missing the next morning after her mother discovered her bed empty and the front door ajar, although it showed no sign of forced entry.

It was previously thought she had not been seen by anyone outside her immediate family since July 7.

But police on Saturday said they were investigating reports from a female neighbour who said she saw Kiesha with a relative a week before she went missing.

Detectives on Friday refused to confirm if they had any suspects following claims by the child's stepfather, Robert Smith, on Friday that police had accused him of killing Kiesha, telling him to "lead us to her body".

Mr Smith, Kiesha's mother and the girl's biological father, Christopher Weippeart, were all interviewed by police on Wednesday.

Mr Weippeart was taken to Mt Druitt hospital on Saturday afternoon vomiting blood and mucus, his mother Liz told The Daily Telegraph.

The type-one diabetic's blood sugar levels were erratic since his daughter's disappearance, Ms Weippeart said.

Det Insp Oxford question the family's decision to move into a motel, following the surge of attention outside their home by media and local residents.

"I wonder if Kiesha happens to walk home and who's there to wait for her," he said.

Investigators are appealing for anyone who may have seen Kiesha on or after those days to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 08.08.10 20:29

POLICE will today widen their investigation into the disappearance of Kiesha Abrahams by focusing on the death of her brother, who died when he was a baby.
Homicide detectives yesterday confirmed they would look at the case of the baby Aiden Abrahams who died in 2002 from an apparent cot death.

The infant boy was just six weeks old.

Aiden was the first child of Kristi Abrahams and Chris Weippeart and was born about 16 months before the couple's second child Kiesha.

"Looking at the death of the first child to see exactly what happened will be part of the investigation," Detective Inspector Russell Oxford said.

A relative told The Daily Telegraph Ms Abrahams found the baby dead in his bassinet one morning.

It is unclear what the outcome of the post-mortem examination was, or who determined the cause of death.

Related CoverageKiesha: Police call off search
Since a neighbour came forward late last week claiming to have seen Kiesha with her mum on about July 24 or 25, police have been able to narrow the time period in which she was last sighted, with just a week in which she cannot be accounted for.

"We've got a gap of a week, and we need to find out what happened from when the neighbour saw her, to the time she was reported missing," Insp Oxford said.

Full article here http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/homicide-cops-focus-on-death-of-kieshas-baby-brother-aiden-abrahams/story-e6frf7l6-1225902770065

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 08.08.10 20:35

[img][/img]

[/quote]Yesterday, motorists were stopped along the streets of Mount Druitt and shown the last known photograph of Kiesha. Taken in hospital on July 7, just after her new, youngest brother was born, it shows her arms swamped by an oversized jumper and her smile holding in a mouthful of chips.[quote]

Full article here http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kieshas-last-photo-police-call-off-search-and-start-investigating-brothers-death-20100808-11qau.html

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainbow on 08.08.10 21:51

Bless her.I am afraid I dont hold out much hope for this little one.....so sad.

Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 09.08.10 11:57

Forensic police take items from Kiesha's unit

Police forensic officers have this afternoon removed items from the unit where missing western Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams lived.

The Mount Druitt home has also been cordoned off with police crime scene tape.

A police spokeswoman says the items have been removed for further investigation.

She refused to say what items were removed but television footage shows several large items being taken out, including what appears to be a roll of carpet and a mattress.

The six-year-old was reported missing by her mother more than a week ago.

Senior police have refused to rule out the girl's parents as suspects in her disappearance.

It has also emerged that before Kiesha Abrahams was born, her mother had a baby boy who died when he was six weeks old.

A spokeswoman for the Coroner who investigated the death of the boy says there were no suspicious findings.

The spokeswoman says the file on the inquest is closed to the public.

Detectives say they are looking at the death of the boy as part of their investigation into Kiesha's disappearance.

Anyone with information on the girl's whereabouts can contact police via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 09.08.10 15:29

I saw Kiesha being bashed, witness says

Police have returned to the home where six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams was last seen and removed what appeared to be a large section of carpet and a mattress.

About 10 crime scene investigators and detectives spent hours inside the Hebersham unit yesterday and left with a number of large household objects wrapped in brown paper and tarpaulin.

Police said this was a routine part of their investigations.

A crowd of residents gathered around Kiesha's growing shrine as more police vans and cars arrived.

Crime scene tape was put up and police asked unit block residents for identification before granting them access.

Earlier yesterday Albert Lafaele, who runs a flea market at Hebersham on weekends, gave a statement to Mount Druitt police saying he believed he had seen Kiesha being bashed in the back of a car by a man.

''Backhands first, and then he got up and [he has] gone to town and gave her two punches,'' Mr Lafaele said.

He said the incident happened three or four weekends ago.

A police spokesman said the removal of household goods was part of the investigation.

''As far as the man's [Mr Lafaele] concerned, police are evaluating those remarks,'' he said.

The Maafu family laid a giant pink gorilla at Kiesha's shrine yesterday. ''We were at Woolworths and the lady was throwing it away and they [the kids] asked for it,'' Patrica said of her younger siblings.

''They do mention it [Kiesha's disappearance] sometimes, but it makes them sad because they have friends about the same age.''

Parents who accompanied children to the shrine yesterday said they were worried for their own children's safety.

ETA link http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/i-saw-kiesha-being-bashed-witness-says-20100809-11u66.html

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 03.09.10 12:16

POLICE are confident they know who is responsible for the disappearance of Kiesha Abrahams and it is only a matter of time before the suspect is arrested.
Five weeks since the six-year-old was reported missing from her Mt Druitt home, an exhaustive investigation appears to be close to a result.

Police sources yesterday told The Daily Telegraph they were closing in on the person suspected of murdering the schoolgirl. It is understood police have had to take their time in order to gather supportive evidence.

But a spokesman for Strike Force Jarocin, set up to investigate Kiesha's disappearance, would not comment yesterday on an imminent arrest.

The news of an impending arrest came as the child's mother, Kristi Abrahams, and stepfather, Robert Smith, made an application to Housing NSW to be relocated from the priority accommodation they were given days after their child was reported missing on August 1.

Related CoverageMissing girl Kiesha Abrahams
The couple lived in a Housing-owned unit in Woodstock Ave, where Kiesha was last seen, but asked to be moved after her disappearance.

They were housed in a motel before being moved to Seven Hills.

But it is believed the pair requested to be moved to a home closer to Mr Smith's family in the Mt Druitt area.

But while police may be treating the little girl's disappearance as a suspected murder, the western Sydney community rallied again last night with a prayer session outside Kiesha's former home.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/police-know-kiesha-abrahams-killer/story-e6freuy9-1225913971902

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang on 06.09.10 10:29

Reports are suggesting that Kiesha Abrahams' body may have been uncovered in a duffle bag in scrubland

Police aren’t saying whether they have found body of missing girl Kiesha Abrahams after they uncovered a blood-stained fluorescent workman’s vest, a child’s rubber ball and a yellow belt in a bin in an oval in Sadleir in Sydney’s western suburbs where human remains had been allegedly found.

The items have been taken to a forensics truck for examination.

A duffel bag allegedly containing human remains was seen in scrubland near Wheeler Oval, Sadlier about 4pm on Saturday.

A crime scene was established, however nothing could be located.

A search of the area was conducted and the Dog Squad attended the scene.

At this stage police are conducting ground and air searches of the area.

A senior representative of Green Valley Local Area Command will address the media about the find at 2.15pm.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum