The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Katie Hopkins in DM: The McCanns should accept 'their part of the blame' and didn't deserve 11 million.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Katie Hopkins in DM: The McCanns should accept 'their part of the blame' and didn't deserve 11 million.

Post by sallypelt on 22.02.16 13:17

@aquila wrote:
Aaah the London Evening Standard, the newspaper that held awards for Batmangeligjh's charity. The newspaper that promoted two downtrodden ex convicts who converted to Islam whilst in prison and who later opened up a removals company(s) - several limited companies opened and closed - a company, which after launching a new website disappeared within a breath of Batmangelidjh's company falling from government grace.

Please spare us from the LES.
Call me cynical,  but there's something about this story that I have my suspicions about.  I can't believe that a doctor would talk a "trip of a lifetime" to Las Vegas but NOT take out medical insurance. Moreover, why do they need £250,000 to bring him back to the UK, where he will be treated for free? The "accident" only happened less than a week ago. That's one hell of a bill to run up in such a short time.

[url=http://www.matiastanea.gr/gb/relative/economy/voice-online/Over %C2%A365k raised for UK doctor critically-injured in the US /]http://www.matiastanea.gr/gb/relative/economy/voice-online/Over%20£65k%20raised%20for%20UK%20doctor%20critically-injured%20in%20the%20US%20/[/url]

Edited to say, I saw this story in the Evening Standard, when clicking on the Bristow's link

https://www.gofundme.com/59q92jcs

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Katie Hopkins in DM: The McCanns should accept 'their part of the blame' and didn't deserve 11 million.

Post by ChippyM on 22.02.16 14:02

An interesting choice of phrase tweeted 3 times over the last 24 hours by KH to promote her article,

"The most read story on
[ltr]@MailOnline The truth behind the lies. For Maddie McCann"[/ltr]

If you search 'The Truth behind the lies' the first result is Amaral's book. Maybe just a coincidence.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-fairy on 22.02.16 14:20

@aquila wrote:
@rainbow-fairy wrote:Well judging by most of above comments, mine won't be popular!

I find this article extremely suspect in its timing and content.
Out just as Richard D. Hall's new documentary is released which alludes to *no* neglect and death earlier in week... hmmm...

This article is neither here nor there; it doesn't raise  questions that the McCanns haven't answered and it quite relentlessly pushes the 'neglect and abduction story.

Having read the reader comments there seems to be a split between the usual 'What I don't understand is why these lot haven't been done for child neglect??? If they were on the dole they'd be banged up and social services involved!!!' - benefit? TM abduction story

And 'yes they made a terrible mistake but none of us are perfect! They are paying every day and will never give up searching for Maddie' - benefit? TM abduction story

As well as 'nasty, vicious Katie - sickening comment. They don't need the likes of you twisting the knife' - benefit? TM abduction story, plus added hatred towards those questioning the OS.

Those who beleive the OS will likely as not go on believing it - '48 questions' has made its way into MSM and of course Kate didn't answer because 'her lawyer told her not to, those nasty sardine-munchers were trying to fit her up!'... washing of Cuddle Cat (not 5days later - an inaccuracy Pro's will love) 'it was dirty, covered in suntan oil so why *not* wash it?'
I can easily see a backlash towards those seeking truth, another way to say 'see how cruel these people are'...
It's lazy journalism IMHO, and on balance I believe it does more to benefit the McCanns than not...
Just keep on pushing neglect and abduction, have the majority up in arms about it and they are home and dry...

Nothing in reader comments inspires me to beleive anyone will question the OS from this piece - just the see-saw between 'why not charged with neglect' and 'why are you anti's such cruel trolls?'

It could almost have Team McCanns fingerprints on it... nah
In a roundabout way I posted something quite similar earlier.
Aha sorry Aquila, yes you did and I 100% agree - misread you as a different poster, though!  big grin

Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 22.02.16 14:40

"
KATIE HOPKINS: Today surgeons cut into my brain to try to cure my epilepsy. While I'm scared for my kids I'm not scared for myself because when your life could be short you live it loud and happy. So, bye for now. See you on the other side

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3458287/KATIE-HOPKINS-Today-surgeons-cut-brain-try-cure-epilepsy.html#ixzz40uLNjekP "

This seems to be odd timing, one day the article about the McCanns, the next day a risky brain surgery?

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bristow on 22.02.16 16:18

@ChippyM wrote:"
KATIE HOPKINS: Today surgeons cut into my brain to try to cure my epilepsy. While I'm scared for my kids I'm not scared for myself because when your life could be short you live it loud and happy. So, bye for now. See you on the other side

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3458287/KATIE-HOPKINS-Today-surgeons-cut-brain-try-cure-epilepsy.html#ixzz40uLNjekP "

This seems to be odd timing, one day the article about the McCanns, the next day a risky brain surgery?I 
I reckon she feels she might not wake up or possibly be disabled by the risky surgery so was 'allowed' to air her views, just in case.

bristow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 22.02.16 16:35

Is Katie Hopkins right that the McCanns should take more blame for Maddie's disappearance? Yes. What do you think?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/katie-hopkins-sparks-online-frenzy-with-attack-on-madeleine-mccanns-parents-a3185856.html

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 22.02.16 16:41

@sharonl wrote:Is Katie Hopkins right that the McCanns should take more blame for Maddie's disappearance? Yes. What do you think?

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/katie-hopkins-sparks-online-frenzy-with-attack-on-madeleine-mccanns-parents-a3185856.html

87% agree with KH.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 22.02.16 17:28

@canada12 wrote:
@sharonl wrote:Is Katie Hopkins right that the McCanns should take more blame for Maddie's disappearance? Yes. What do you think?

87% agree with KH.

I agree with every fiber of my being!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 22.02.16 18:16

A
Nbristow wrote:

This seems to be odd timing, one day the article about the McCanns, the next day a risky brain surgery?I 
I reckon she feels she might not wake up or possibly be disabled by the risky surgery so was 'allowed' to air her views, just in case.

Thats my feeling too although I'm sure it could be viewed differently but to me it makes sense.

Wasn't the editor of the Mail sued quite a bit by the Mc's ? , maybe this was important to her to say as she might not have the opportunity to write it again and they let it go through and were persuaded?

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 22.02.16 23:25

@bristow wrote:

...lets hope it's not a tired doctor doing the work!!

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 23.02.16 8:42

@sar, In the article she mentions a team of 8 but not whether they are private or nhs. I would feel more than a little nervous after making comments like she did on doctors pay sad  If it's nhs maybe she's explained to them it was all to sell papers and slipped them all a tenner?

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.02.16 8:50

Whatever the reason for her comments, Katie has caused a "frenzy" and record visits to the site with massive number of green arrows supporting her views.   This will certainly not be pleasing for some people and I would not be surprised to read articles soon saying how hurt etc. etc. the parents are.

As for Katie's comments about her epilepsy and surgery I wish her well.   She has been commenting for some time about her medical condition and I do not think it has anything to do with her article about Maddie's parents.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 23.02.16 9:08

@plebgate wrote:Whatever the reason for her comments, Katie has caused a "frenzy" and record visits to the site with massive number of green arrows supporting her views.   This will certainly not be pleasing for some people and I would not be surprised to read articles soon saying how hurt etc. etc. the parents are.

As for Katie's comments about her epilepsy and surgery I wish her well.   She has been commenting for some time about her medical condition and I do not think it has anything to do with her article about Maddie's parents.
Katie has commented negatively in the past regarding the McCanns.  I believe she has been a tad careful to avoid a lawsuit, however, I agree with most of what she has said.

I also wish her the very best outcome following her daunting surgery.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sar on 23.02.16 10:18

@ChippyM wrote:@sar, In the article she mentions a team of 8 but not whether they are private or nhs. I would feel more than a little nervous after making comments like she did on doctors pay sad  If it's nhs maybe she's explained to them it was all to sell papers and slipped them all a tenner?
+1

sar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 23.02.16 17:23

She has tweeted 'bad news - the surgery has not shut her up' from hospital, so obviously it went ok. I hope she will recover well and hopefully follow up on her article one day and go a bit further than she did.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 23.02.16 19:48

@ChippyM wrote:She has tweeted 'bad news - the surgery has not shut her up' from hospital, so obviously it went ok. I hope she will recover well and hopefully follow up on her article one day and go a bit further than she did.

That's so funny! 

Wishing you a speedy recovery (gobby) Katie x

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lands_end on 25.02.16 13:09

Brilliant brilliant brilliant. We all know how Katie Hopkins loves a scrap over controversy. She is practically the female version of Boris Johnson. Love to see how Kate and Gerry are going to get out of this one as for the twins fast approaching secondary school age , what must their friends think? I'm sure many of the parents who have children in their year do not believe the McCann version of events.

Lands_end

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 25.02.16 15:57

@Lands_end wrote:Brilliant brilliant brilliant. We all know how Katie Hopkins loves a scrap over controversy. She is practically the female version of Boris Johnson. Love to see how Kate and Gerry are going to get out of this one as for the twins fast approaching secondary school age , what must their friends think? I'm sure many of the parents who have children in their year do not believe the McCann version of events.

i have a feeling they will just ignore it, one way not to draw attention to a possible news story that people want buried is just to do that...don't mention it or respond so there are no more stories. No doubt they will continue tofeed the media 'sad' stories about Birthdays or details of long dead paeodos when it suits them.  God knows what the twins will think when they can understand what actually happened.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 26.02.16 9:51

Come on Katie H.   Let's hear your views on the Award Mrs. has received from this charity because she gives her time free to them.

Good to hear that KH is tweeting again.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 26.02.16 9:57

@plebgate wrote:Come on Katie H.   Let's hear your views on the Award Mrs. has received from this charity because she gives her time free to them.

I'll be surprised if Katie doesn't challenge this latest abomination, plebgate.

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 26.02.16 9:59

Agree Pennylane I think she might just put pen to paper about it.    I would like to see her ask in any article if indeed there is one, whether expenses are claimed for carrying out charity work.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 26.02.16 10:14

Interesting post this morning from TextUSA regarding recent Lazzeri press articles and in particular Katie Hopkins.

http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/tide-change.html

Hopefully the tide is indeed changing.

Carrry On Doctor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 26.02.16 10:19

@plebgate wrote:Come on Katie H.   Let's hear your views on the Award Mrs. has received from this charity because she gives her time free to them.

Oh so she's not paid. Is that supposed to make her a good example then?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 26.02.16 10:22

@plebgate wrote:Agree Pennylane I think she might just put pen to paper about it.    I would like to see her ask in any article if indeed there is one, whether expenses are claimed for carrying out charity work.
Yes that would be most interesting to know!  Although I wouldn't put it past TM to 'volunteer' the infamous one, for some much needed positive PR.  Just look how they foisted themselves upon the European Parliament in Brussels and set up a that big brouhaha press conference, with Clarence at the helm attempting to vet the journalists. 

Which all rather backfired when one of the foreign journo's politely asked the McCanns if they shouldn't wait to be 'officially cleared' of a heinous crime first...... If looks could kill!   spin

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 26.02.16 10:33

As highlighted by ‘carry on doctor’ above, the usual Textusa verbose blog, but worth a look none the less:

http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/tide-change.html

Couple of points of note.

Katie Hopkins article.

I had wondered whether the publication of on-line articles could somehow bypass the editorial process but as Textusa points out:

‘And it was pre-announced. This had to have approval by the Editor.

It’s possible that the Editor to approve, he went to get approval all the way up the food chain, all the way King Richard.

However, Paul Dacre, the Mail editor, has exposed the killers of Stephen Lawrence in a very bold move, making a front page accusation of his killers, which reflected badly on police handling of the case.

We don’t know whether he had to have the nod from King Richard or whether he has just made another bold move.’

And KM’s award:

‘Receiving an award from Missing People is like receiving an award from Metodo 3 for best investigative services.

And we are supposing that the sponsor of this award is Stephen Winyard and not Stephen Wynard, a misspelling by Lazzeri, who we spoke about in our “A Triumph of Tycoons” about the private forensic tests done on the Renault Scenic in John Geraghty’s property.

Stephen Winyard, owner of Stobo Castle health spa in Scotland and resident of Monaco, was the first tycoon to be named as a financial supporter of the McCanns. By May 10th 2007, Mr Winyard was reported to have made the offer of a million pound reward for information leading to the return of Madeleine. The offer was made earlier in the week through The Times.’

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum