The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Junior Doctor's Dispute

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Junior Doctor's Dispute

Post by Doug D on 12.02.16 9:46

From the BBC’s ‘Papers’ today, predictable, but interesting example non the less,  of our completely politicized MSM’s takes on the Junior Doctor’s story. I’ve just changed the order slightly.

'The newspapers are divided over the dispute between junior doctors and the government as Friday's leader columns reveal:

Times: "It is irresponsible of the BMA to exploit public sympathy for the NHS in order to insinuate that Mr Hunt is ruthlessly denying it resources."

Daily Telegraph: "Militants within the BMA seem determined to force the democratically-elected government into a corner. They must not be allowed to succeed."

Sun: "Sickness works seven days. A health care system understaffed at weekends is as obsolete as a VHS player. Hunt negotiated endlessly. He is now standing up for patients and the Tory promise to voters."

Daily Express: "The contract Jeremy Hunt will be imposing on junior doctors is a fair one. The BMA needs to accept the health secretary's decision and lay this issue to rest so that junior doctors can get on with doing what they do best."

Independent: "The health secretary has treated junior doctors with contempt. Forcing their hand will damage the NHS".

Guardian:"The big question is why Mr Hunt has been tempted into this provocative show of strength. He holds up his perfectly proper ambition for better weekend hospital care but it is hard to feel entirely convinced this is the only motive."

Daily Mirror: "Jeremy Hunt's the un-Healthy Secretary who deserves to be dragged off by doctors in flapping white coats for the sake of patients. Imposing a rejected offer on medics is the reaction of a small-minded politician in a big job."

To which I have added:

Morning Star: “Junior Doctors hung out to dry”

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junior Doctor's Dispute

Post by joyce1938 on 12.02.16 12:01

I   have respect for most docters. But I have few reservations about this situation that has develop in the hospitals .   They have allready told us over past years ,that the hours they work isn't safe .which I can well understand.So now being offered shifts  that  are more reasonable  and covering some of weekend as normal time and some payed higher for as well.what is the argument for ?We should not have to worry about going into hospital at weekends .  Some ,not all would choose to work too many hours for extra overtime ,but do need  remember ,that the extra hours wiorke is not always good  joyce1938

joyce1938

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Junior Doctors

Post by willowthewisp on 12.02.16 14:00

@joyce1938 wrote:I   have respect for most docters. But I have few reservations about this situation that has develop in the hospitals .   They have allready told us over past years ,that the hours they work isn't safe .which I can well understand.So now being offered shifts  that  are more reasonable  and covering some of weekend as normal time and some payed higher for as well.what is the argument for ?We should not have to worry about going into hospital at weekends .  Some ,not all would choose to work too many hours for extra overtime ,but do need  remember ,that the extra hours wiorke is not always good  joyce1938
Hi Joyce1938, It is thought understandably that the "imposition of the Contract of Employment" for the Junior Doctors is a thin end of the wedge, that if the Junior Doctors have to accept these terms, they (Government,JH) will then impose similar contracts to all of the professions associated to NHS staff in the seven day 24 hour care of the public?
The funding of this "new system" 24 x 7 days has clearly not been worked out, it is not as if every NHS worker finishes work at a certain time on a Friday evening and not return to work until a Monday morning at 08.00am is it?
Is this the new joined up thinking of work ethics, that the weekends mean so little to a normal family time environment, that a "Human being" become Robotic.  Why should the health of human beings become like a production line or is that what they want the working class to become, name and just a number, not a Person with feelings?  
It is a pity that Jeremy Hunt and his cohorts do not wish to proscribe to a similar work ethic with regard to their working hours in the House of Commons, Parliament, in the need to improve the "efficiency" in regard to running of the country, sauce for the Goose?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Junior Doctor's Dispute

Post by Richard IV on 12.02.16 19:51

To take the wider perspective, Jeremy Hunt is just doing as he`s told - that is to run the NHS into the ground so there is a good excuse to privatise it.

Many of our junior doctors will now have no choice but to go abroad or even Scotland, Ireland or Wales. Then we`ll be inudated with agency staff who don`t have the commitment of permanent staff and they cost the NHS about 10 times more.

If I were a doctor I would never get over this imposition - how dare that little weasel impose such a thing. Another public school boy isn`t he ?

If the doctors and BMC say Hunt has lied, I know who I believe.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum