The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

*** 17,410,742 Brits (52%) vote for BREXIT on "INDEPENDENCE DAY" *** (was: E.U. REFERENDUM - The state of the polls)

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How will you vote in the E.U. Referendum?

18% 18% 
[ 47 ]
79% 79% 
[ 209 ]
3% 3% 
[ 7 ]
0% 0% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 266

Re: *** 17,410,742 Brits (52%) vote for BREXIT on "INDEPENDENCE DAY" *** (was: E.U. REFERENDUM - The state of the polls)

Post by plebgate on 09.03.16 9:08

I am hoping that the news of Turkey's demands will get the British to vote NO, NO, NO.

Surely the Brits are not as stupid as the Project Fear people seem to think we are?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *** 17,410,742 Brits (52%) vote for BREXIT on "INDEPENDENCE DAY" *** (was: E.U. REFERENDUM - The state of the polls)

Post by Richard IV on 09.03.16 12:00

More backing for a `stay` vote from Mark Carney governor of the Bank of England saying that an exit from the EU would be disastrous for UK economy.  Some really dirty tricks going on.

I think most people will go along with what the MSM are saying and it seems that the `stay` vote is getting the upper hand.

I`m just hoping that most Brits are not sheep.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 11.03.16 0:07

@Richard IV wrote:More backing for a `stay` vote from Mark Carney governor of the Bank of England saying that an exit from the EU would be disastrous for UK economy.  Some really dirty tricks going on.

I think most people will go along with what the MSM are saying and it seems that the `stay` vote is getting the upper hand.

I'm just hoping that most Brits are not sheep.
A few 'sheep' maybe awakening.

The latest poll (taken 4 to 6 March) has LEAVE ahead (41%) with REMAIN on 40% - 19% still 'undecided'.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 11.03.16 0:13

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Richard IV wrote:More backing for a `stay` vote from Mark Carney governor of the Bank of England saying that an exit from the EU would be disastrous for UK economy.  Some really dirty tricks going on.

I'm just hoping that most Brits are not sheep.
A few 'sheep' maybe awakening.

The latest poll (taken 4 to 6 March) has LEAVE ahead (41%) with REMAIN on 40% - 19% still 'undecided'.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum
Thank you for that.  At least I can go to bed in a more optimistic mood.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

7 PER CENT LEAD FOR LEAVE in latest poll

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.03.16 11:55

7 PER CENT LEAD FOR LEAVE in latest poll:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/poll-brexit-takes-seven-point-lead-2016-3?r=US&IR=T

LEAVE 52%

REMAIN: 45%

3% undecided

I can't see the lame duck President of the U.S. - the most fiercely independent nation on the planet - having much luck telling the British people to stay in the European Union and keep on giving up ever more of our sovereignty and control over our own affairs and destiny...

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 15.03.16 12:07

For what its worth......

If we take a step back from all the politics and hullabaloo, we could have a look at what the bookies are currently saying;

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/eu-referendum/referendum-on-eu-membership-result

They currently reckon we are staying in. To add, they correctly predicted the Scottish Referendum and last years general election too.

Carrry On Doctor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.03.16 12:52

@Carrry On Doctor wrote:They currently reckon we are staying in. To add, they correctly predicted the Scottish Referendum and last years general election too.
I also follow closely follow the bookies as they - as you say - usually have their ear close to the ground, so to speak.

However @ Carrry On Doctor, for the first time ever AFAIK, I must challenge you on a factual point, and offer a correction to the above.

Yes, the bookies were right about the Scottish referendum, as the government became unduly alarmed by polls suggesting that the result was 'too close to call', or even that the Scots would vote to leave.

However, in 2015 the bookies got the General Election result nearly as badly wrong as the pollsters did. No-one at all, neither pollsters not bookies, got anywhere near to predicting am outright Conservative victory.   

Two or three weeks back, the bookies shifted the odds more in favour of 'Remain'. But a couple more polls like this one, showing a 7% lead for LEAVE, might lead them to change back to predicting a very narrow victory either way.

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrry On Doctor on 15.03.16 13:25

Happy to be corrected Tony, you are spot on about the outright Conservative majority, few saw that coming. The general election poll I kept an eye on was future prime minister, which overall did predict Cameron still in office, although at times it had Milliband ahead (just), and both parties with coalition.

Going back to Europe, overall, I think we will probably still stay in, even if Aunty Liz does 'not approve'.

Carrry On Doctor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 15.03.16 13:43

@Carrry On Doctor wrote:Going back to Europe, overall, I think we will probably still stay in, even if Aunty Liz does 'not approve'.
Neither does Boris Johnson and Michael Gove (Conservative),

nor Kate Hoey or Gisela Stuart (Labour),

nor, er, The Queen who - we hear - like Aunty Liz, is 'not amused' by the antics of the European Union

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaz on 15.03.16 18:31

Woe betide us if we stupidly vote to stay in. The  EU  bureaucrats ( Frau Merkel to be exact ) will dictate every move we make and there is NOTHING we'll be able to do about it. We'll have no say in anything. I was rather hoping the Scots would vote to leave the EU as a strategic gesture so that  in the eventuality of a Brexit majority they could quite legitimately demand  another vote on independence . Way to go!

kaz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

EU poll

Post by willowthewisp on 16.03.16 12:35

@kaz wrote:Woe betide us if we stupidly vote to stay in. The  EU  bureaucrats ( Frau Merkel to be exact ) will dictate every move we make and there is NOTHING we'll be able to do about it. We'll have no say in anything. I was rather hoping the Scots would vote to leave the EU as a strategic gesture so that  in the eventuality of a Brexit majority they could quite legitimately demand  another vote on independence . Way to go!
Hi Kaz,it is only the "Elite members in the societies" that they have created, that the poorest people in these societies are "subsidisng the fiefdoms", whereby they have the benefit of well paid Roles in their chosen profession and control of the masses assets,via the Banks,mortgages.investments,taxes and pension contributions made over a lifetime,without being accountable for their actions,how many politicians have paid back the funds for the "Cock ups" they make?
Take a look at Peter(the crab) Mandelson,cosying up to dodgy Dave over the EU referendum,these Two politicians where on Murdoch's private Yacht possibly discussing the BSkyB deal, that Jeremy Hunt was in control over and failed to inform the Business Secretary Vince Cable of what his proposals were,done up like a Kipper?
Granted any more passports to the UK to your Asylum seeking friends,(Hindujah Brothers) eh Lord Mandelson,fraudulent Mortgage application, when his dear friend Geofrey lent him £375,000.00 pounds on a property he could not afford on his MP's Salary?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.03.16 22:44

Latest poll, conducted Fri 18th to Sun 20th by ICM, has

LEAVE 43%

REMAIN 41%

Undecided 17%  

Narrow 2% lead for LEAVE

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

European Referendum

Post by willowthewisp on 23.03.16 12:10

@Tony Bennett wrote:Latest poll, conducted Fri 18th to Sun 20th by ICM, has

LEAVE 43%

REMAIN 41%

Undecided 17%  

Narrow 2% lead for LEAVE
Dodgy Dave and the rest of the Clan in Europe will be now actively ramping the campaigning message,against"we're stronger together fighting against ISIS", these so called leaders(David Cameron,,Merkel,Sarkozy) openly backed the "New Arab League,from Saudi Arabia to oust the elected leaders in various Middle Eastern Countries, using United Resolutions to openly campaign in support of their new found friends(Libya,Egypt) now they have created this huge **ck up, causing problems over their Schengen agreement, now bribing Turkey with 6 Billion Euros to stem the flow of refugees from Syria,Turkey has been supplying allowing access of weaponary/buying oil from ISIS whilst allowing legal entrance for Thousands of Turkish residents access the European Countries,Geniuses?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 23.03.16 17:54

I heard on the news this morning that the In supporters said that Farage was wrong to use yesterday's atrocity in the No Campaign.   Today I heard that Teresa May said that we would be safer in Europe making a stand together against the terrorists.

Errr so it's ok for the In campaign to use it but not the No campaigners?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.03.16 20:15

A new opinion poll published today by ComRes gives REMAIN a lead of 7%:

LEAVE 41%

REMAIN 48%

11% undecided

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane on 24.03.16 10:44

@Tony Bennett wrote:A new opinion poll published today by ComRes gives REMAIN a lead of 7%:

LEAVE 41%

REMAIN 48%

11% undecided

Not sure I believe this poll!  Everyone I've asked is adamant that they want to leave, with just one person being undecided. 

Furthermore, Dodgy Dave and the 'stay' campaigners' (so called) compelling reasons for remaining, have only served to further convince me we need to get out now!

pennylane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 24.03.16 10:49

I'm awaiting the actual question of the referendum - that's the ACTUAL question.

A referendum is all about the question asked. As far as I can see there's not much time to speak to the voters and yet there is no QUESTION posed that will focus the attention of the voters as to what they are potentially voting for.

So far there is a load of media hype. When will this government of ours publish the QUESTION on the ballot paper and when will voters be given meaningful argument instead of Westminster politicos having a spat?

Just my opinion of course.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 24.03.16 10:59

A very major decision to be made by the British public is left only weeks away with no discussion other than media hype.

Disgusting.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 24.03.16 12:12

@aquila wrote:I'm awaiting the actual question of the referendum - that's the ACTUAL question.
Very good point.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re;Europe poll

Post by willowthewisp on 24.03.16 12:45

@BlueBag wrote:
@aquila wrote:I'm awaiting the actual question of the referendum - that's the ACTUAL question.
Very good point.
Hi Bluebag, dodgy Dave has asked Miss dent from Countdown to assist him with the right wording and phrasing of the question on the Referendum (in or out) or is that too complicated for you Dave?  Dave Cameron will draft reams of waffling B**l shit so that he and his cronies can continue to have some control over millions of people, subsidising the top jobs in the club, so as their off spring have far better opportunities in life, than the oppressed people(plebs) they keep in place with their rules and regulations to adhere to, but not them?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 24.03.16 23:07

The very latest opinion poll, conducted by ICM 22md to 24th March, has a 2% lead for 'Remain':

LEAVE 43%

REMAIN 45%

12% undecided

------

The Daily Telegraph is running a 'Poll of Polls', taking an average of the last six polls:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/11617702/poll.html

As can be seen there, the current position according to this 'poll of polls', which excludes the 'Don't Knows', is a dead heat:

LEAVE 50%

REMAIN 50%

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

250 top business leaders back BREXIT, support the LEAVE campaign

Post by Tony Bennett on 26.03.16 8:49

250 top business leaders back BREXIT, and support the LEAVE campaign:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 31.03.16 7:16

FOUR polls have been published over the past few days, covering a period of 16 to 24 March.

Each one has a clear lead for 'Remain', varying from 2% to as high as 8%.

The average of these four shows:

LEAVE 42

REMAIN 47

Undecided: 11  

The Daily Telegraph 'Poll of Polls' reflects this position.

Excluding the undecided, it has:

LEAVE 48

REMAIN 52

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 31.03.16 7:19

It's not who votes, it's who counts the votes (or something like that).

I think Stalin said it.

Who the hell are these people asking?

I don't know anyone happy with the mass influx of immigrants.

We are being conditioned for a close "remain" vote.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyrocket on 31.03.16 8:06

Just heard on the news that the government has a handy get out clause preventing them from stepping in to help finance the Port Talbot steel works until a buyer can be found - EU rules wont permit it, apparently. So this country's steel production will go down the pan (once gone, gone for good), whilst cheap and inferior quality imports (I have insider knowledge of this) from China take over completely. What I have been told is that few customers minded paying higher prices for quality British steel - but the market over here has been flooded with Chinese imports. Now repair jobs have to be done repeatedly because the steel is weaker and fails much more often. No savings in the end run - better to use the proper stuff (and maintain our iconic British industrys and their unique skill sets for future generations).

Came across this piece from 2014, which about sums up the influence our nation has on decisions made at the EU parliament, and the short video gives some interesting financials/facts:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/505956/British-MEPs-fail-to-block-most-EU-laws

skyrocket

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum