The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 Mm11

Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 Mm11

Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 Regist10

Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 Empty Re: Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance

Post by littlepixie 04.11.10 12:54

The fund is supposed to have 350 grand in. That is a heck of a lot of money. What do they need more money for in order to search? What type of "searching" are they doing? Sitting in an expensive office trawling the internet and reading the forums? Well they can do that at home for about £20 a month for an internet connection. They think people are stupid and anyone who donates a single penny to them is stupid.

It would take me many years to earn 350 thousand pounds!
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 Empty Re: Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance

Post by Guest 04.11.10 13:01

littlepixie wrote:The fund is supposed to have 350 grand in. That is a heck of a lot of money. What do they need more money for in order to search? What type of "searching" are they doing? Sitting in an expensive office trawling the internet and reading the forums? Well they can do that at home for about £20 a month for an internet connection. They think people are stupid and anyone who donates a single penny to them is stupid.

The thing is littlepixie, it's not supposed to run out till Spring next year. So how do they know Madeleine won't be found by then, after all the sterling work these detectives are doing? How can you ask for more money when there is still 350,000 still left in it. I just wonder wonder some of these rich celebs felt when they received this letter ffrom the McCanns. They have publicly named in the papers. I wonder what sort of reply they will give.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kathyBelle 04.11.10 16:31

candyfloss wrote:
littlepixie wrote:The fund is supposed to have 350 grand in. That is a heck of a lot of money. What do they need more money for in order to search? What type of "searching" are they doing? Sitting in an expensive office trawling the internet and reading the forums? Well they can do that at home for about £20 a month for an internet connection. They think people are stupid and anyone who donates a single penny to them is stupid.

The thing is littlepixie, it's not supposed to run out till Spring next year. So how do they know Madeleine won't be found by then, after all the sterling work these detectives are doing? How can you ask for more money when there is still 350,000 still left in it. I just wonder wonder some of these rich celebs felt when they received this letter ffrom the McCanns. They have publicly named in the papers. I wonder what sort of reply they will give.

Hi Candyfloss, regarding your comments about how the fund isn't going to run out next year and how do the McCanns know that Madeleine won't be found by then. I thought how did the McCanns know that Madeleine would not be found quickly, when Kate McCann, asked the Merseyside Priest to fly over to Praia da Luz as soon as possible. Madeleine had supposedly only been missing for around an hour, when Kate McCann made that request.

I thought the same, when the fund was set up, days after Madeleine's disappearance and when the McCanns were arranging fund raising days for months ahead.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again, the fact the McCanns did not search for Madeleine and they and their wider family, have been using the fund to aid their finances, shows to me that the McCanns, know what happened to Madeleine and if she is dead or alive.
kathyBelle

Activity : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 04.11.10 17:56

@ KathyBelle

Relatives and friends rushing around and leaving their work to fly to the scene of Madeleine's disappearance, without considering that she may be found at any moment, will always be a mystery to any free-thinking adult.
Judge Mental
Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by Jill Havern 04.11.10 18:13

Judge Mental wrote:@ KathyBelle

Relatives and friends rushing around and leaving their work to fly to the scene of Madeleine's disappearance, without considering that she may be found at any moment, will always be a mystery to any free-thinking adult.

And, of course, there's also Uncle John "it's not bad for a bunch of amateurs" McCann who gave up his job despite having a family to support. Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 160807

Clearly he knew Maddie wasn't going to be found anytime soon. Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 172348

Jill Havern
Jill Havern
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer
Forum Owner & Chief Faffer

Activity : 41063

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 05.11.10 18:28

This is very, very interesting about the petitions site the McCanns are using. ..... worth a read

http://headlines-today.co.uk/2010/11/05/i-decided-to-start-an-online-petition/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.11.10 5:21

I have known all along their petition is but hugh PR exercise for a purpose.
It's not rocket science to deduce their petition is a pretendy show thing, probably they are going to use that excuse for the trial or something later.
Remember we are talking about the mccanns and they are notorious for not doing thing without reasons.

If they seriously want a review they could start a petition to the HO or PM's office.

At least the MF's integrity shines through in their intent to find out what really happened to Maddie.

I watch their interview v. reluctantly and not even half way through I couldnt stomach their contrived and false pained expression. Nothing about their expression or body language reflects that of innocent who are genuinely in touch with devastation over a lost. Theirs was a case of trying their damnest best to emulate pain of how parents of missing would feel but only their guilt and fear were manifested in their expression.
Its so painful to watch liars doing their act.

And if you read between the lines of interview they gave away plenty of their fear.
Moaning and bitching about authority not helping them is so laughable when they could have easily help themselves by asking for the case to stay opened or even ask to reopen the case. They are always begging...for something....and here people are talking of a literate middle-class pair of doctors who are not physically or mentally impaired that things have to be done for them. And who btw have connections which they used to their advantage to enhance their profile and nothing else.

They said UK police are waiting for info to come in instead of seeking info.
They also said HO told them they cant do anything because of the sensitivities issues of the case.
They said as well PJ are no longer searching, in fact no police force is doing anything.

Those statements shout no one believe their abduction mantra...but they still refuse to accept it and still bleat on the same bullshit 3-1/2 years on..
they are still begging for money and help....They didnt help themselves neither did they pay out of their pockets not even for their trips round the world. Even that was paid by the Fund. The Fund even had to pay for extended family...whatever that means would be interesting when the facts are known.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.11.10 12:22

Brave McCanns need your help to find Maddie The Sun paper edition
Lorraine Kelly
Saturday 06 November 2010

WHILE we've all been getting on with our lives, taking the kids to school, watching Corrie and buying the weekly shop, Kate and Gerry McCann remain in a frozen limbo of despair.

Every minute of every day they have to deal with the fact their daughter Madeleine is still missing and that, as more and more time passes, hopes of a happy ending are fading fast.

This week the couple, frustrated and saddened by the lack of any real effort by the British and Portuguese governments to find their little girl, made a direct plea to you and me to help them kickstart the hunt for Madeleine.

They want the botched investigation into their daughter's disappearance to be reopened and re-examined. It is a race against time as in a couple of months the Find Madeleine Fund will run out of cash.

Both Kate and Gerry are convinced that a complete review will unearth crucial leads that were never followed up - and reveal vital clues that were missed at the time.

Who could possibly deny them this glimmer of hope?

Shadow

They do their very best to remain positive and Madeleine's name is mentioned constantly in their family home, especially now twins Sean and Amelie are old enough to know what happened to their big sister.

Kate still talks "directly" to Madeleine every day and wonders what she looks like now.

Of course, this latest appeal leaves them wide open to criticism about leaving Madeleine alone in the holiday apartment in the first place, and gives the conspiracy theorists another chance to scandalously insist this broken couple had something to do with their child's disappearance.

If it was your precious son or daughter, you would move heaven and earth to find them, no matter how much it cost and how much time had passed.

Look at the heartbreaking case of Ben Needham, who disappeared on the Greek island of Kos back in 1991. If Ben is still alive, he would have just celebrated his 21st birthday.

His brave but careworn mother Kerry has never stopped trying to find her boy. She has campaigned tirelessly and says she will go on looking while she still has breath in her body.

Any mother would do the same.

Kerry still hopes that one day she will be reunited with her son but it's clear that she and her family live in the shadow of Ben's disappearance.

Kate and Gerry McCann must look at poor Kerry and shudder to think that, in decades to come, they will still be making appeals and showing computerised images of their daughter at 16, at 18 and at 21.

This week Kate sadly admitted that she is afraid that one day it will be just her and Gerry who will be looking for Madeleine.

They have battled for so long and so bravely but now they need our help. So far almost 10,000 of you have given your support, also giving real hope and comfort to Kate and Gerry.

Please sign the online petition calling on the Government to review Madeleine's case

• Go to ipetitions.com/madeleinemaccann_case_review.

with thanks to

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id232.html

[/size]
    [/size]
  • Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.11.10 12:30

[quote]

They want the botched investigation into their daughter's disappearance to be reopened and re-examined. It is a race against time as in a couple of months the Find Madeleine Fund will run out of cash.

I was not aware they were asking for the case to be reopened, they are asking for a review. I think someone should tell Ms Kelly! The case would be reopened immediately if they returned for a reconstruction, and KM answered those questions Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 160807
    Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 06.11.10 12:36

[quote="candyfloss"]This is very, very interesting about the petitions site the McCanns are using. ..... worth a read

http://headlines-today.co.uk/2010/11/05/i-decided-to-start-an-online-petition/[/quote

They mentioned on MCF that a vistor from the Vatican City has been visiting Brens blog and also thepottingshedder. I just looked and they've been on again recently!!
    littlepixie
    littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.11.10 12:38

[quote="littlepixie"]
    candyfloss wrote:This is very, very interesting about the petitions site the McCanns are using. ..... worth a read

http://headlines-today.co.uk/2010/11/05/i-decided-to-start-an-online-petition/[/quote

They mentioned on MCF that a vistor from the Vatican City has been visiting Brens blog and also thepottingshedder. I just looked and they've been on again recently!!

Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 890363 Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 195540
    Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 06.11.10 17:21

Why hasn't Kate McCann returned to work? The twins are now in full-time education. There is only a limited amount of campaigning she can do, I do not see this taking up all her time. Surely additional income earnt would bolster the fund, pay for a few thousand leaflet/posters/wristbands etc.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
    kangdang
    kangdang

Activity : 1845

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 06.11.10 17:33

The petition was created for several reasons, a re-view of the case is not one of them. Firstly, the McCanns are compelled to be seen as doing something, as if they do not, in the minds of the guilty, this will surely be an indication of guilt. This is why everything they do warrants media attention. Look at other parents of missing children, do they feel the need to promote and make statements on every action they take? No. Why? Because they have no guilt to hide, their efforts are focused on doing what they can to locate their missing child; not demonstrating innocence to others. Secondly, the McCanns need to assess public opinion, are their efforts at demonstrating innocence paying off, do people believe them, do people support them. I think the McCanns will be disappointed.

Every word from the McCanns is purposeful, this applies to us all.

Indeed, I swallow a textbook everyday….a fact of which I am proud smug By far preferable and productive than wasting precious hours concocting and launching vitriolic attacks against others in the hope of gaining a few claps on a board frequented by lesser life form.
    kangdang
    kangdang

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental 06.11.10 18:55

Team McCann are under no illusions, and know that the case will continue to be investigated very shortly. Therefore they are making a huge fuss and kerfuffle, to make it appear as if it is they who have instigated it.
    Judge Mental
    Judge Mental

Activity : 2960

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 06.11.10 20:09

Seen to be instigating may just be the very reason.
    aiyoyo
    aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by YNG 06.11.10 20:28

Judge Mental wrote:Team McCann are under no illusions, and know that the case will continue to be investigated very shortly. Therefore they are making a huge fuss and kerfuffle, to make it appear as if it is they who have instigated it.

I agree JudgeMental and of course it serves one or two other purposes , top up money which may well be needed for legal costs and attempts once again to cast them in the victim role and promotes the abduction theory in an attempt counter anything Mr Amaral believes happened., more so now he has regained freedom of speech.
    YNG

Activity : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.11.10 20:52

Judge Mental wrote:Team McCann are under no illusions, and know that the case will continue to be investigated very shortly. Therefore they are making a huge fuss and kerfuffle, to make it appear as if it is they who have instigated it.

I agree Judge, I think the case will be reopened imminently, it also makes me believe the 3 judges may have been aware of this when they made their ruling. They may be aware of new evidence. I keep thinking about this PDL at dawn, and what HC said. It seems to me they have seen or heard something and it could be new evidence. This is the quote from HC

I strongly advise you to go to Praia da Luz- at dawn. It’s interesting, you’ll gain an entirely different perspective of life. And of the facts.

Someone has seen something at dawn and has talked imo
    Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 06.11.10 21:38

I have asked before, I will ask again - At what time does daybreak in PdL during late April / early May?

kangdang
    kangdang

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.11.10 21:58

kangdang wrote:I have asked before, I will ask again - At what time does daybreak in PdL during late April / early May?

I've tried googling but can't get an answer. From reading other forums it seems sunrise is around 6.30 am. Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 526998
    Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06.11.10 21:59

I BEG... TO DIFFER.

I hate that feeling of helplessness... when you feel like you're a lone voice struggling under a tide of disbelief and absurdness. As all around, the madding crowd give airtime and column inches to one of the most bizarre press releases yet in the history of this off the wall case.

This week we've been treated to the well planned press conference in quaint Quorn with wispy, atmospheric photo shots taken in some obscure, leafy grounds. The details of this press conference and its accompanying choice shots were (in true McCann fashion) delayed and embargoed for release.

Details of this latest appeal included a request for a review of the case because they 'STILL dont have ALL the information', the request that the public sign their online petition for a review and the customary appeal for more money.

There are a few things that niggle me about this latest appeal - one is the statement 'we STILL don't have ALL the information". Why should they? They're not part of the Portuguese or British authorities responsible for the case. This case is not closed... and even without the 'suspect' tag, they're simply members of the public - there's no way they should have access to ALL the information. It does make one wonder how Mr McCann knows there's still information there that he wants, and makes one wonder just what it is...

The other niggle I have is the latest news on the fund - the fund which is the McCanns own COMPANY, registered at Companies House and of which has their questionable presence as directors, counting the coins and deciding how they're spent - along with other directorial family and friends. Anyway, why is the balance of the account such a mystery? An acurate balance is never readily available, always a round pound. It's easy enough to do, we all know how much we have in our accounts most of the time, why can't we get a precise figure from them. If you were laden with such an important bank account as the Madeleine Fund, to aid the search for your beloved missing daughter surely you would be checking that amount on a daily basis.

We've been told how much money is spent on various bits and bobs, from t-shirts to prayer cards, rubber bands to 24hr telephone lines. But please would someone get to the nitty gritty and tell us how much was spent on those lawyers and how much those mortgage payments were. The 'transparent' accounts are as clear as mud, and I would really like to know how much Dave Edgar spends on the search. Mr McCann stated in the Channel 4 interview that Mr Edgar was accountable for that side of things. Is Mr Edgar even aware of this?

We have a figure of £300,000 being bandied around. The fund will be empty by next Spring and they need more money. There is forward planning, but they seem to always know in advance that Madeleine won't be found by a certain time. Amongst many, the one year anniversary event springs to mind... the event that was being planned just 4 weeks after Madeleine vanished. Can we safely say that Madeleine won't be found by next Spring then? How bloody awful!

The impromptu reappearance of the begging bowl also has strange timing. The bowl is back only a short time after we online nutters discovered that the banning of Dr Amaral's book, Maddie - the Truth of the Lie had been overturned, was to be deposited back on the shelves and that the McCanns had to pay all court costs. In some cynical quarters that could be construed as deliberate timing... they lose the appeal, have to pay court costs then decide to make an appeal for more money? Even though they have over a quarter of £1m in the bank. According to Channel 4, the book is soon to be on the shelves in the UK.

What are they doing about this depleting money? Are they doing what most of us would do - making savings and cost cutting here and there? Doing the local Sunday car boot? Selling their belongings on eBay? Has Mr McCann got his own standing order or direct debit from his monthly wage at Glenfield direct into the fund account? Or what about his other wage with Spire Healthcare at the private Spire Leicester Hospital? Have any family members remortgaged or sold their houses, like Philomena McCann stated they would way back in the day? Or is the Madeleine Fund providing support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family and allowing them all to stay in their own homes? Are they doing any of these things to preserve the account, or do they just want everybody else's money? Questions, questions. Another trend... never answered.

That takes us onto the petition for the review of the investigation. It's been said before that a review won't help Madeleine, it's simply a paper-pushing exercise. Madeleine is missing NOW, today and needs the official investigation into her disappearance to be OPEN and currently investigating all leads. I don't understand why the McCanns aren't screaming this from the rooftops and demanding the reopening. Instead they want a review. How can you review something that's incomplete?

Wouldn't you expect a petition of such importance to be hosted on the Number 10 petition site, the official government site. After all, this petition is to be presented to the government. Bizarrely enough it's not hosted on the official site, but on a basic one whose default settings are set to accept multiple signings from any name, email or IP address. A comment on the petition states that duplicate names will be removed when the petition closes. Does this also apply to duplicate IP addresses? Giving the benefit of the doubt, as the Number 10 site doesn't accept non-British signatories, perhaps the McCanns chose this site to appeal to a wider audience. However, wouldn't the rapid count still have been achieved with the 'support' the McCanns claim to have from their fellow Brits. Or perhaps it would still have been achieved anyway...

I came across another petition whilst I was visiting one of the many forums. This petition is calling for the reopening of the case instead of a review and I have it on good authority that it's default settings have now been changed to accept unique IP addresses only. It's plodding away as we speak at just over 200 signatures, which is a small voice gaining momentum and supporting the reopening of the case.

One comment (which has now been removed) was of the opinion that the petition had been set up by the 'enemies of the McCanns' and 'not to waste your time signing' with a link to the McCanns' petition... what a bizarre and slightly unnerving thing to say. An individual supporting the McCanns yet encouraging people NOT to support the reopening of the case. There is something quite dark and sinister about that side of things which at the moment cannot be explained.

In the interests of fairness, I'll provide links to both petitions - sign whichever you prefer.

Petition to REOPEN the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance

Petition to REVIEW the case files in the Madeleine's investigation

I'll leave you with this one thought... just how can you review something which is incomplete?

Posted by Me, Myself, Moi... at 13:19
    http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.com/
    Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 06.11.10 22:06

Sunday Express reporting re-opening!

Even muratfan is tweeting it
    littlepixie
    littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by coppernob 06.11.10 23:46

[quote="candyfloss"]
    littlepixie wrote:
    candyfloss wrote:This is very, very interesting about the petitions site the McCanns are using. ..... worth a read

Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 890363 Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 195540

Hi Littlepixie, that was me in the early hours, had to look twice to make sure I was reading correctly and then my virus programme flashed up I had a maleware threat, don't know if there was a connection or not. Interesting times ahead, hoping justice is not too far away Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 847771
    coppernob
    coppernob

Activity : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 07.11.10 9:38

I saw it too yesterday at about 11.57 in the morning. So someone is doing their research I think.

(Bet the Pope is fuming!!) Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 110921
    littlepixie
    littlepixie

Back to top Go down

Post by kangdang 07.11.10 11:42

candyfloss wrote:
    kangdang wrote:I have asked before, I will ask again - At what time does daybreak in PdL during late April / early May?

I've tried googling but can't get an answer. From reading other forums it seems sunrise is around 6.30 am. Petition for a full public enquiry into Madeleine McCann's disappearance - Page 4 526998

Excellent Candyfloss, many thanks.

The McCanns often went jogging at around 6:30am post Madeleine's disappearance, the halfway point was a specific marker on the cliff tops to the left of PdL. If I recall correctly they once proudly stated that they achieved this run in 17 or 18 minutes Gerry McCanns made point of relaying achievement time information through his blog in the early days.

Images can be seen here http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/help-required-identifying-areas-of-interest-praia-da-luz/

kangdang
    kangdang

Back to top Go down

Post by Daoud 07.11.10 12:21

Hi Kangdang,
    Have only just seen your request. I've been unable to find meteorological data for PdL, and have had to go with that for Lagos which is some 5.6 kms fruther east - so this is only a rough estimate.

Sunrise in Lagos on 4/05/07 was 6.35
    http://www.dawnsun.net/astro/suncalc/?s ... dst=1&ck=1
    Daoud
    Daoud

Activity : 151

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top