The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Cancer patient collapses as dog she asked charity to rehome is put down

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cancer patient collapses as dog she asked charity to rehome is put down

Post by Get'emGonçalo on Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:08 am

Heather (Nina) with Max

This is such a sad story that I'm posting it here on the forum.

The lady in this news article refers to our member, 'Nina', who had to give up her beloved dog to the Blue Cross animal charity when she became too ill with cancer to look after him. She wanted the Blue Cross to rehome Max, but they put him to sleep instead.

Nina's friends on facebook tried in vain to campaign to have Max reunited with Nina, but the Blue Cross refused.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cancer-patient-collapses-dog-asked-7052638

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cancer patient collapses as dog she asked charity to rehome is put down

Post by Rabbitte on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:14 am

I am in tears after reading that article. Poor Nina and her family tried to do the best thing for Max and were viciously let down by the Blue Cross.
From other things I've heard this is not an isolated case by this organisation, and others like it. Organisations, so-called animal charities, that people often go to as a last resort because they are trying to do the right thing for their beloved four legged friends, when life has stepped in and made it impossible for them to keep their pets.
This is so very sad, and my heartfelt sympathies go out to Nina and her family.
Nina I am so sad that this is also impacting on your health, and wish you all the best for your recovery.

Rabbitte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hentie on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:57 am

Sheer heartlessness. I would be heartbroken if this happened to me.
I feel so much for this lady who simply did what she thought was best for her beloved dog.
She has enough to cope with. Now this on top!
How could they do this to such a beautiful dog????
So, so sad.

hentie
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:11 am

CEO of Blue Cross was earning £120,000 pa in 2014.

They were then using funds for hush money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2538016/Woman-boss-Blue-Cross-53-accused-sacking-senior-director-52-HE-relationship-former-lover-bisexual-female-junior-charity-27.html

Many charities are not fit for purpose.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happychick on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:14 am

Poor Nina, she must be heartbroken  Sad

happychick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Blue Cross dog sanctuary

Post by willowthewisp on Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:22 pm

@BlueBag wrote:CEO of Blue Cross was earning £120,000 pa in 2014.

They were then using funds for hush money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2538016/Woman-boss-Blue-Cross-53-accused-sacking-senior-director-52-HE-relationship-former-lover-bisexual-female-junior-charity-27.html

Many charities are not fit for purpose.
I have read the attached Daily Mail news story, it would seem as though the former CEO had been rumbled by someone from within Blue Cross Organisation with the shenanigans of the dismissal of an understudy,who had a relationship with both person's and one person had decided to end her life having personnel problems!
It leaves one to wonder who had deleted the deceased person's personnel file from her laptop and what they did not want to be disclosed?
The "Charity, Blue Cross" moved swiftly in finding a new CEO after the water had become clear as to what had happened in regard to the work place relationship at the charity, no doubt to try to protect it's image, knowing a tabloid would eventually become informed through the reporting of the death of a person at an inquest.
Then we have the sad demise of a fit healthy dog destroyed within three weeks of being at the Charitable dogs home, Not?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:33 pm

So sorry to hear of this heartbreaking situation Nina. As if you don't have enough on your plate already. You must be feeling bereft.

Please could you post up the document you signed showing the clause that Blue Cross pointed to. At least this should be published as a warning to others like yourself who feel duped. Perhaps the MSM will publish it too.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:16 pm

Very sad, very, very sad.  The more I read of some of these charities the more determined I am not to give a penny to  them and their extremely well paid CEOs.  PAAAAAAHHHHHH.

I will be supporting a few local charities I am very happy with.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:42 pm

@Nina, I've just caught up with this thread and am appalled at what has happened to Max.

My best wishes to you and your husband.

Back to top Go down

Post by hentie on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:47 pm

So very sad.
Words not enough but I'm so sorry that anyone or any beloved animal should have such an outcome.

hentie
Madeleine Foundation

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:14 pm

@aquila wrote:So sorry to hear of this heartbreaking situation Nina. As if you don't have enough on your plate already. You must be feeling bereft.

Please could you post up the document you signed showing the clause that Blue Cross pointed to. At least this should be published as a warning to others like yourself who feel duped. Perhaps the MSM will publish it too.
Hello aquila,I saw a copy of this document only yesterday as email to us by the lawyers of Wheldonlaw. At this time will you please excuse me if I don't post it as there aspects of it which our lawyer will be addressing.

Needless to say I never realized it was a contract.We didn't get a copy, nothing was explained and through tears and snot,Iknow too much detail but true nevertheless I did sign.

The manager of the Thirsk branch of Blue Cross had just gone through a many question form with questions like 'what time does Max go to bed', 'does Max like gravy on his food' and many more finally with the question describe Max in two words. My two word were boisterous and loving.She, the manager then said' I need a signature, which of you guys will sign this paper'
I had answered the questions as she, the manager completed the form and so I signed thinking it was related to the questionnaire.

His first two weeks at the centre were with glowing reviews.At the  end of the third week we got the call to say he was to be  put to sleep. I contacted Wheldonlaw to represent us and  a facebook page and fund has been set up to help with the fees.
Much has come to light and what we are hoping for is an  apology,an admission of what they have done wrong as in  put a  healthy beautiful dog to death and a retraction of the many lies.
Then we will move to try to have these large charities examined so no family go through what we as a family have gone through since 18th December.
If anyone wishes to join the page here is the link............................... https://www.facebook.com/groups/SaveMax1/

Thank you for your kindness.

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:58 pm

@Nina wrote:
@aquila wrote:So sorry to hear of this heartbreaking situation Nina. As if you don't have enough on your plate already. You must be feeling bereft.

Hello aquila,I saw a copy of this document only yesterday as email to us by the lawyers of Wheldonlaw. At this time will you please excuse me if I don't post it as there aspects of it which our lawyer will be addressing.

Needless to say I never realized it was a contract.We didn't get a copy, nothing was explained and through tears and snot,Iknow too much detail but true nevertheless I did sign.

The manager of the Thirsk branch of Blue Cross had just gone through a many question form with questions like 'what time does Max go to bed', 'does Max like gravy on his food' and many more finally with the question describe Max in two words. My two word were boisterous and loving.She, the manager then said' I need a signature, which of you guys will sign this paper'
I had answered the questions as she, the manager completed the form and so I signed thinking it was related to the questionnaire.

His first two weeks at the centre were with glowing reviews.At the  end of the third week we got the call to say he was to be  put to sleep. I contacted Wheldonlaw to represent us and  a facebook page and fund has been set up to help with the fees.
Much has come to light and what we are hoping for is an  apology,an admission of what they have done wrong as in  put a  healthy beautiful dog to death and a retraction of the many lies.
Then we will move to try to have these large charities examined so no family go through what we as a family have gone through since 18th December.
If anyone wishes to join the page here is the link............................... https://www.facebook.com/groups/SaveMax1/

Thank you for your kindness.
I hope you at least get an honest answer and I hope above all you recover from the loss of your dog Max. roses

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum