Imagine two men caught by the authorities and accused of having done something against the law. The authorities have no proof, only a strong suspicion against them, and needs each of them to stand witness against the other person in order to convict them. In order to do that, the two are put in separate rooms, with no means of communication between the two of them. To each, the following scenario is given:
1. If you assist the state and be a witness against your partner, your partner will get ten years in jail.
2. If you assist the state and be a witness against your partner, and your partner accuses you of the crime, because you have turned state witness, you will get only 5 years.
3. If you don’t assist the state and refuse to be a witness against your partner, whereas your partner turns state witness and accuses you of the crime, you will get 10 years and your partner will go free.
4. Unspoken of course is, if both you and your partner refuse to co-operate with the state, then neither of you will go to jail.
This can be summarized as a table of jail-terms:
|He betrays you||He remains loyal|
|You betray him||5 years||5 years||0 year||10 years|
|You remain loyal||10 years||0 year||0 year||0 year|
Given this scenario what would you do? If you choose to remain, loyal, the best outcome is 0 year in jail for you, but the worst outcome, that of having 10 years in jail is also a possibility. However, if you chose to betray him, the best outcome is also 0 year in jail for you, but now, the worst outcome is only 5 years in year. Logically, you should choose to betray him. Logically, he would follow the same reasoning, and the state would get what it has wanted, a conviction of both of you. However, if only you can trust him and he can trust you to a similar degree, then both of you could have got free!
- Posts : 474
Reputation : 426
Join date : 2015-06-18
- Posts : 1389
Reputation : 526
Join date : 2015-05-07
The video rightly questions the movements of the group and particularly the sailing event. MBM being disposed of in water would solve many problems when the 'search' would be at its most intense. No chance of finding her, and no scents to follow. I agree that this is plausible and in keeping with time-scale befitting an early incident.
However, the video leaves the viewer with the thought that MBM is still there, which I consider unlikely for several reasons;
1. A weighted down body would still be at the behest of tides and currents, so there would be a risk of the body being washed up at some point in the future.
2. Just as risky, is the body being caught in a net or fisherman's line, and brought to the surface.
3. Perhaps most significantly are the traces and findings in the hire car several weeks later. GA considered that refrigeration had occurred, but perhaps this may have been fluids from storage in water?
So IMO temporary disposal at sea is quite realistic, and the blue bag would indeed provide suitable concealment for moving the body, but the situation remaining would have been too risky over time. I am no mariner, so I stand to be corrected.
Progressing that thought further, in support of point 3 above, how would a body have been recovered some days/weeks later? The inference of the video is that MBM is in water enough deep enough not to be seen. The 'sailors' have gone home by that time ? Would any recovery have needed diving competence and equipment ? Perhaps this suggests that MBM was actually stored in shallow water near the rocks ?
Finally, with reference to Freemasonry.....yes, there are many indications that a brother was in need.
Carrry On Doctor
- Posts : 346
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2014-01-31
- Posts : 74
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-07-06