The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

8-year jail term for lesbian, Gayle Newland, who pretended to be a man, 'Kye', to have sex with another woman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The eight-year jail term imposed on Gayle Newland...

81% 81% 
[ 25 ]
13% 13% 
[ 4 ]
6% 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 31

8-year jail term for lesbian, Gayle Newland, who pretended to be a man, 'Kye', to have sex with another woman

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.11.15 13:00

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8-year jail term for lesbian, Gayle Newland, who pretended to be a man, 'Kye', to have sex with another woman

Post by nomendelta on 12.11.15 13:14

Well... Given the somewhat lenient sentences handed to paedophiles who, let us remember, ruin the lives of innocent children I happen to think this sentence is a little harsh. Yes, the woman did wrong and I think that level of deceit to achieve ones sexual gratification is very very concerning however it appears the party she deceived did leave herself rather more open to the deceit and manipulation.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 8-year jail term for lesbian, Gayle Newland, who pretended to be a man, 'Kye', to have sex with another woman

Post by Tony Bennett on 12.11.15 13:24

@nomendelta wrote:however it appears the party she deceived did leave herself rather more open to the deceit and manipulation.
You mean she invited being raped?

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean on 12.11.15 13:39

That is not the way I see it myself. She consented so I don't think it is relevant that the other person was not who she claimed to be.

I am still trying to fathom out how the charade went on for so long.

Amy Dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 12.11.15 13:49

@nomendelta wrote:Well... Given the somewhat lenient sentences handed to paedophiles who, let us remember, ruin the lives of innocent children I happen to think this sentence is a little harsh. Yes, the woman did wrong and I think that level of deceit to achieve ones sexual gratification is very very concerning however it appears the party she deceived did leave herself rather more open to the deceit and manipulation.

I`m not convinced that this so called `victim` at age 25 didn`t know what was going on; going along with wearing a mask for all their meetings (100 hours in total), come off it.  Was the victim a sentient human being or not - it doesn`t say she has a disability.  If the victim had some sort of learning disability or the mind of a 5 year old, then yes it could be termed as abusive but otherwise it seems to be two consenting adults to me.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Dean on 12.11.15 14:23

There was a similar case a few years ago; a much heavier sentence this time though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184539/The-girl-boys-I-idea-boyfriend-girl.html

Amy Dean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 12.11.15 14:31

It would and should be classed as rape.

She may have consented to sex in the belief she was having sex with a male.

She did not consent to sex with a female, nor would she have.

The rapist knew thes hence the deception.

If she would not and did not consent to sex with a woman, it becomes rape.

How would you feel or have felt if you had a relationship with someone you believed to be of the opposite sex, since you are heterosexual, and then find out some time later that you are in fact having an intmate relationship with someone of the same gender?

Would you be it's not a problem, would you be oh well never mind and move on, or ,would you be mad as hell that you were taken in by someone who pretended to be someone they aren't and conned you into having sex with them?

yes, she may have seemed dumb in that she didn't question  the behavior and demands placed on her, we don't know what exactly was said or done to explain the strangeness away
We don't know the full history of the victim, she may not have known what to expect, what is considered normal and what is considered odd.
We don't know if she was a submissive and the relationship was one of dominant and submission.

How would you feel if it was a loved one of yours in the exact same situation?

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta on 12.11.15 15:43

I'd be sickened at their choice of lifestyle to be honest. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't be there for them or that I wouldn't want to help them but a large part of me would be thinking they brought it on themselves in these circumstances.

Do children learn about fire safety from being kept away from matches or by being shown how to use then responsibly? This girl played with fire and got badly burnt.

nomendelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 12.11.15 16:08

"How would you feel or have felt if you had a relationship with someone you believed to be of the opposite sex, since you are heterosexual, and then find out some time later that you are in fact having an intmate relationship with someone of the same gender?"

Well I wouldn`t be daft enough in the first place to wear a mask to meet someone so I could not see him or her. It`s asking for trouble, unless it was a turn-on.  I still don`t condone what the perpetrator did though.  They`re both idiots and if it was a loved one of mine I`d say it`s your own stupid fault.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 12.11.15 21:10

I agree with Hobs' post, but it does sound very, very strange the wearing of the mask.    I can't fathom that at all.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum