The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns demand Amaral divorce to be rewarded - Page 3 Mm11

McCanns demand Amaral divorce to be rewarded - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

McCanns demand Amaral divorce to be rewarded - Page 3 Mm11

McCanns demand Amaral divorce to be rewarded - Page 3 Regist10

McCanns demand Amaral divorce to be rewarded

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns demand Amaral divorce to be rewarded - Page 3 Empty Re: McCanns demand Amaral divorce to be rewarded

Post by jean-pierre.t50 24.11.15 15:29

worriedmum wrote:But are you still including illness as 'a delay', my dear?

quote '' I would suggest that he did contribute to the delays and therefore it is unlikely that he would even be able to bring a claim to the court.''

Five years seems like a long time to me...

Did the illnesses cause delays to the case?  Was this a delay caused by the Portuguese Court system?

Libel cases - time scale between 1 year and 7 years, so in fairness its at the upper end.  But IMO Dr Amaral cannot claim that his human rights have been breached.  That is my view - yours may differ.  Hey ho.
jean-pierre.t50

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

McCanns demand Amaral divorce to be rewarded - Page 3 Empty hey ho ho ho...

Post by worriedmum 24.11.15 18:07

jean-pierre.t50 wrote:
aquila wrote:
Amy Dean wrote:It does look as if there was only one delay which could be described as being GA's "fault".
It doesn't look like anything. It looks like there is nothing reported on the 'libel' trial and there is no accurate reportage of exactly what has gone on in terms of delay to the trial.

I'd like jp to list the delays on both sides. I'm not interested in bashing anyone's opinion. I'm interested in getting to the truth.

Well the first delay was on the 11th December 2009. 

[color:d55c=000000]"From JdN 11 December 2009

Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer is in quarantine at home, after learning that an employee of his office has influenza A. António Cabrita has requested the postponement of the trial of the book "The Truth About The Lie."

The first session of the trial process against the book by the former coordinator of the Judicial Police, is scheduled for 9:30 pm today, at the 7th Circuit Court Civil Court of Lisbon, in the Courthouse. The prevention of Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer can dictate the postponement of the trial, which would then be likely to occur in about 21 days."

Adjourned to Jan 12 2010

worriedmum wrote:But are you still including illness as 'a delay', my dear?

quote '' I would suggest that he did contribute to the delays and therefore it is unlikely that he would even be able to bring a claim to the court.''

Five years seems like a long time to me...

Did the illnesses cause delays to the case?  Was this a delay caused by the Portuguese Court system?

Libel cases - time scale between 1 year and 7 years, so in fairness its at the upper end.  But IMO Dr Amaral cannot claim that his human rights have been breached.  That is my view - yours may differ.  Hey ho.

Am I correct in thinking that both bolded statements are yours, Jean-pierre? Not being picky or anything, just trying to get at the truth...
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

McCanns demand Amaral divorce to be rewarded - Page 3 Empty Re: McCanns demand Amaral divorce to be rewarded

Post by jean-pierre.t50 24.11.15 19:41

@WM - yes they are.
jean-pierre.t50

Activity : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 26.11.15 10:10

Still wondering what point you are trying to make,jean-pierre...
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Czechmeout 30.11.15 20:25

For goodness sake, stop picking away because the poster has an opinion different to the masses. The point should be clear to anyone reading it with an open mind - it's made clear a couple of times - GA is responsible for a small number out of a larger number of delays, thus the court may side that there's no breach as he's caused some of the time lag himself. 

That's 3 or 4 pages I won't be getting back
Czechmeout

Activity : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 01.12.15 0:15

If you go back to jean-pierre's original post, he says this
''How would Dr Amaral be able to claim that his human rights and his 'right to a fair trial" have been breached when most of the delays to the trial have been occasioned by him?''

You now say
''For goodness sake, stop picking away because the poster has an opinion different to the masses. The point should be clear to anyone reading it with an open mind - it's made clear a couple of times - GA is responsible for a small number out of a larger number of delays, thus the court may side that there's no breach as he's caused some of the time lag himself. ''

I can't see how Snr Amaral can be 'responsible' for the illness of his lawyer, but I am pleased that you can see that there is a difference between 'most of' and 'small number out of a larger number of delays.''

Hey ho.

winkwink
worriedmum
worriedmum

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 01.12.15 17:41

Good post Woriedmum.   Oh dear the matter of possible breach of human rights does seem to have touched a nerve.   Two people signing on just to contribute posts about the subject.    Touchy or what?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by hogwash 18.01.16 9:20

Is there any news yet of Amaral's trial date?
hogwash
hogwash

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top