The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

China to assist in UK Nuclear fuel future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

China to assist in UK Nuclear fuel future

Post by willowthewisp on 22.10.15 13:04

Nice to see dodgy Dave allowing Gideon the opportunity to sign the "New Deal" with EDF energy and China at an inflated price to the UK consumer for a Thirty Five year contract, but no mention of the decommissioning costs of the Reactor plant,UK to pick up this tag as well, Dave?
China flooding the UK with cheap Steel, causing Tata Steel and Redcar steel plant works to close with massive job losses in the UK, so much for the great Northern Power House eh Gideon, fixing deals in China to the UK's detriment,batting for Great Britain,Not?
Yet at the same Time,"Green Energy subsidies" withdrawn as too big an expense to the UK Tax payer?
Couson Boris being readied for the New PM.Bulla,Bulla,Eh Dave?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: China to assist in UK Nuclear fuel future

Post by BlueBag on 22.10.15 15:17

This is as outrageous (or more) as the PFI nonsense.

We, the British people are going to pay enormous amounts of money to China for 35 years.

It's a disgrace.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 22.10.15 15:25

@BlueBag wrote:This is as outrageous (or more) as the PFI nonsense.

We, the British people are going to pay enormous amounts of money to China for 35 years.

It's a disgrace.
Same old, same old, the cannon fodder being taken for mugs yet again.

All the Royals and all the MPs having their lives paid for by us mugs and nothing ever changes.

I have tried saving my breath to cool my porridge but sometimes one just has to show one's discontent and say something about it all.   Not that any of them care because they know there's nowt anybody can do about it.

In five years time we will all be told that they have agreed with us plebs for years and things will change if we vote for xyz.    Never does - they really are having a laugh.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by snook on 22.10.15 16:44

Have we not got any nuclear scientists in the UK?  

Is there anything that is not outsourced anymore. I'm not surprised thought. Didn't the Lima Treaty of the 70's specifically state industry both in Europe and the US would be transferred to Asia? I seem to recall whole factories were sent by barge from the US to relocate. 

All good though.  Huge profits for owners, employees left without jobs and the widening gap between rich and poor gets another boost.

snook

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 22.10.15 22:29

I know the implications of the whole doing business with China, but I couldn't help laugh at the media showing David Cameron in the pub having a pint with the Chinese president .

Ties off, chequered shirt for Dave, sporting an early Poppy, in a 'real' (don't make us laugh) pub setting. The pub was obviously not called The Boar's Head. There were however, guns hanging off the walls in the background of the photograph.

So there is David showing the President of China British pub culture. There is always a witty remark in the readers' comments on DM and the first comment I came across was 'no pork scratchings then'.

I apologise for the light hearted post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3283556/The-Queen-Prince-Philip-bid-farewell-Chinese-President-Lady.html

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 23.10.15 9:03

Apparently Dave did mention human rights to him... but Downing Street won't go into detail.

This makes me sick.

Our Government don't give a toss about freedom and human rights as long as there is money in it for their mates.

I think members of our elite see China as a model for the way society should be ordered.

China is a big world problem just waiting to happen.

Our glorious elite have conspired to make them extremely rich and powerful. It's not going to be nice for us at some point.

Now they have a foot in the door in the UK with this ridiculous nuclear deal.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.10.15 9:16

Zimbabwe's Robert Mugabe awarded 'China's Nobel peace prize'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/zimbabwes-robert-mugabe-awarded-chinas-nobel-peace-prize

Speechless!

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 23.10.15 9:53

I don`t want China building anything here.

Their Health and Safety record is appalling; buildings collapsing, bridges collapsing, explosions in coal mines and the recent explosion in underground pipes that had a leak.

Going on that it`s worrying that they`re going to build a nuclear power plant in Somerset.

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roy rovers on 23.10.15 10:37

I've been anti nuclear all my life which has been long enough to see Three Mile Island, Windscale, Chernobyl, Fukushima and the rest. I'd be more worried about the idea that we need this bonkers technology in the first place than the involvement of China. Mind you what if the operating instructions come in Chinese?

roy rovers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 23.10.15 10:44

I can't begin to understand nuclear fuel or the politics surrounding it. I don't understand the forced subscription to wealth from wind farms which has now gone on the back-burner as it doesn't work, I don't understand the fracking issue either. I just want to post up this about Dounray. We already had a nuclear plant. We already had Sellafield (BNFL). Someone with far more understanding of these things needs to explain. Why were these plants closed down?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dounreay

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BNFL

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 23.10.15 11:21

Perhaps the UK could 'out source' ('save' a 'few bob'!) the Madeleine McCann full time, 38 'strong', police 'investigation', OG, to the Chinese?

After all, the Chinese are, so i've 'heard', extremely 'good' at working on people 'disappearance/disappearing' cases.!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard IV on 23.10.15 11:51

@roy rovers wrote:I've been anti nuclear all my life which has been long enough to see Three Mile Island, Windscale, Chernobyl, Fukushima and the rest. I'd be more worried about the idea that we need this bonkers technology in the first place than the involvement of China. Mind you what if the operating instructions come in Chinese?

Agree

The sea is very very very powerful and we are surrounded by it.  It moves regularly, twice a day, it pours out of estuaries and harbours and it surrounds us.  Yet no one has the sense to harness what we already have naturally. Makes me  sad1

Richard IV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nuclear Deal with China

Post by willowthewisp on 23.10.15 12:08

@Richard IV wrote:
@roy rovers wrote:I've been anti nuclear all my life which has been long enough to see Three Mile Island, Windscale, Chernobyl, Fukushima and the rest. I'd be more worried about the idea that we need this bonkers technology in the first place than the involvement of China. Mind you what if the operating instructions come in Chinese?

Agree

The sea is very very very powerful and we are surrounded by it.  It moves regularly, twice a day, it pours out of estuaries and harbours and it surrounds us.  Yet no one has the sense to harness what we already have naturally. Makes me  sad1
King Kanute had abash at tidal wave control, and never mastered the power of the waves?

willowthewisp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 23.10.15 12:10

@Richard IV wrote:

Agree

We have massive safe natural hydro electric power and we don't use it.

We should.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum