The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Snatched toddler found alive seven years later

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snatched toddler found alive seven years later

Post by kangdang on 15.07.10 18:42

A girl who was kidnapped when she was just a toddler in 2003 has been found alive hundreds of miles from her hometown, police said today.
The seven-year-old, named as Amber Nicklas, was living with foster parents in California when she was abducted aged just thirteen months.

Yesterday afternoon she was found by police and the FBI at a house in Phoenix, Arizona, 371 miles away.

Police said a woman was trying to hide her under a pile of towels in a bathroom shower as they searched the house under a court order.
Police claim she was abducted by three of her biological aunts during a 'non-custodial visit' at a restaurant in Norwalk, California in 2003.
The girl's foster family had arranged for her to meet with her birth mother at the Chuck E. Cheese restaurant in Norwalk. It was at that meeting that she was taken by her aunts.

All three aunts were juveniles at the time. Two of them were later arrested, but the third has not been located, police said.

CBS's Early Show named the girl as Amber Nicklas. Police have not yet officially released a name.

A view of the city of Phoenix, Arizona, where the girl believed to be Amber Nicklas was found after being missing for seven years
LA County Sheriff's Lt. Bill Evans says the girl apparently wasn't related to the Phoenix family she was living with.
Authorities says they used photographs, a footprint and DNA to positively identify the child, whose name and birth date had been changed.
She has been brought back to California and is now in the custody of the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services.

'The child was in good physical condition; however, very frightened about today's events. She had also been withheld from schooling,' authorities said.
'The child seemed well cared for. The child was very happy,' said Captain Patrick Maxwell of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.
The case will give hope to the parents of Madeleine McCann, who went missing while on holiday with her family in Portugal's Algarve region in May, 2007.
Madeleine was three years old at the time. Her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, have sworn they will not stop searching for her.
Echoes: The case will give hope to the parents of Madeleine McCann, left, who has been missing since 2007. Jaycee Lee Dugard, right, was kidnapped in 1992 and rescued 18 years later, in August of last year

The case also has echoes of Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was kidnapped in 1992 aged 11 and held hostage by a sex predator for 18 years.
She and her two children by her captor were rescued in August last year when an alert police officer noticed they were behaving oddly.
Her captor, Philip Garrido, is awaiting trial on 29 charges including kidnapping, rape and false imprisonment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1294990/Missing-girl-Amber-Nicklas-rescued-Phoenix.html#ixzz0tm3FkdVS

kangdang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Snatched toddler found alive seven years later

Post by Get'emGonçalo on 15.07.10 19:01

Once again another story hijacked to give hope to the McCanns. Why can't this story be just about little Amber Niklas?

Will copy and paste the comments as they do tend to get deleted

Comments (35)

Here's what readers have had to say so far. Why not add your thoughts below, or debate this issue live on our message boards.
The comments below have been moderated in advance.

View newest 6

I can't understand the absolute disgust toward Madeleine McCann. She's a missing child. Even if you do not like her parents. Feel some compassion for the little girl who went on holiday and never returned.

- Dee, Belfast, 15/7/2010 18:29Click to rate Rating 32

Report abuse

Not an abduction - she was taken by her own family, who wanted her back.

- Kate Evans, Nottingham, England, 15/7/2010 18:15Click to rate Rating 7

Report abuse

It shows up yet again the importance of everyone keeping focussed on the family.

- PeterMac, Ronda, Spain, 15/7/2010 18:12Click to rate Rating 10

Report abuse

Undoubtedly, this must bring hope to anyone who has lost a child in similar circumstances.

- Sassy, Spain, 15/7/2010 18:05Click to rate Rating 20

Report abuse

Maddie's and Ben Needham's cases are classified as missing persons cases NOT abductions as there is no evidence of abduction.

- francia, Germany, 15/7/2010 17:53Click to rate Rating 12

Report abuse

Oh god, this will just make a huge issue of Maddy all over again.

- Chynna, London, 15/7/2010 16:41

And why not, what harm is it to you? You would obviously give up and hope everyone else did if your child went missing. What a heartless, cruel comment.

- m, germany, 15/7/2010 17:51Click to rate Rating 37

Report abuse

It's a shame they had to take the child away so suddenly from the family she had known all these years. Can't they handle these things more sensitively?

- Inge Jones, London UK, 15/7/2010 17:44Click to rate Rating 10

Report abuse

Read the article people! This is nothing like the Madeleine case, nor Jaycee - this girl was snatched by relatives so the FBI knew who to look at and where to look for a start, and also the family wanted her to care for her, not to harm her. Even then it took SEVEN years to find her. So how that gives hope to the McCanns I don't know. If the FBI can't find a little girl snatched by known relatives in broad daylight for seven years, what hope is there for finding one snatched by a stranger in the middle of the night and no-one saw? No, actually this makes it all the more likely that Madeleine won't be found, at least not by the Police. The Jaycee case is more relevant to the McCann's as it does show that sometimes the abducted are found by a vigilent policeman years later - but that's what has to happen now for Maddy to be found, it won't be by the Police actively looking for her, as they've given up!

- Mike, Wiltshire, 15/7/2010 17:42Click to rate Rating 13

Report abuse

I hope the family who have this little girl get a fair assessment and if they show they are good enough, I hope that they can keep her, for her own sake.

- Sheila, Derby, UK, 15/7/2010 17:39Click to rate Rating 5

Report abuse

I wouldn't exactly call that abduction if she was taken by her aunts - more like trying to get a child back that had been snatched by social services! Hopefully a happy conclusion will be reached and the child reunited with her family.
- Anna, England, 15/7/2010 16:25

whilst i agree that she was taken by relatives she wasn't living with them. the story says that she was with unrelated people. i do fear she may have been "sold". so as "safe" as she was it should still give hope to the McCanns and Needhams.
also as she was taken from a foster carer i do hope that she is placed with a family who will support her through this ordeal - it will not be easy. sadly this is not a happy ending just yet.
good luck little girl x

- me, UK, 15/7/2010 17:37Click to rate Rating 3

Report abuse

' a bit misleading if you don't mind me sayingso , the little girls OWN family kidnapped her, ofcourse they kept her safe, they love her obviously' nin, london, uk, 15/7/2010 15:28
Nin that is not always the case as we have seen with many abused children. However it seems that happily the little girl is fine, However we don't know the circumstances of her being placed with a foster family.
I hope so much that this gives the families of those children who have been abducted some hope, in particular the little McCann toddler and Ben Needham. Someone somewhere know something, please come forward for the sake of the distraut parents.

- Marie., Lancs, 15/7/2010 17:36Click to rate Rating 5

Report abuse

I think its fantastic that she has been found alive and in a sense, it does give hope to the Mccans but lets not get swept up by the idea because in reality, family abductions more often than not, end better than stranger abductions because within families, they're intentions are not to harm the child.
Very rarely do family abductions result in tragic endings because they are more often driven by passion/love/missing the child etc. So while i think its great to let the mccanns know that children can go missing for years and be found alive and well, lets not make the mistake of comparing family to stranger abductions because those are two very different things.

- naima, southampton, 15/7/2010 17:26Click to rate Rating 3

Report abuse

If you read the whole article the people she was found with were NOT related to her, which is very strange

- Ann, Manchester, 15/7/2010 17:18Click to rate Rating 6

Report abuse

The child is alive and well because her family kidnapped her not strangers

- Sheree, Limassol, Cyprus, 15/7/2010 16:55Click to rate Rating 5

Report abuse

The article says: "LA County Sheriff's Lt. Bill Evans says the girl apparently wasn't related to the Phoenix family she was living with."

So she was not taken from her 'biological family' and then put in social services care. Hopefully a loving home can be found for the precious girl.

- Lily, London, UK, 15/7/2010 16:54Click to rate Rating 3

Report abuse

Its not entirely the "usual" kind of kidnap or abduction unfortunately. The girls own Aunts abducted her.
It gives false hope to other victims whose loved ones have been abducted by the more unsavoury elements in our society who very rarely surface alive, Dugard is the exception to the rule and we must thank the alert Police officer for acting on his instincts in that case.

- Don Butt, Nottingham, 15/7/2010 16:54Click to rate Rating 5

Report abuse

Its not entirely the "usual" kind of kidnap or abduction unfortunately. The girls own Aunts abducted her.
It gives false hope to other victims whose loved ones have been abducted by the more unsavoury elements in our society who very rarely surface alive, Dugard is the exception to the rule and we must thank the alert Police officer for acting on his instincts in that case.

- Don Butt, Nottingham, 15/7/2010 16:54Click to rate Rating 2

Report abuse

- Chynna, London, 15/7/2010 15:41

Yes how dare the parents of Maddy feel some sort of hope out of this story!!!

Good god Chynna, you have to be the most selfish and heartless person in the country. SHAME ON YOU!!!

- Guybrush, UK, 15/7/2010 16:50Click to rate Rating 350

Report abuse

some good news for once and instanctly makes me think that there is still hope for maddie mccann and ben needham .............
- jan Hudson, bournemouth, 15/7/2010

Not really. This little girl it seems was taken by family...her own blood..who probably loved her so much they wouldn't have anyone else care for her. Whereas it is highly likely maddie and ben were taken by people who intended them harm.

- Nik, London, 15/7/2010 16:34Click to rate Rating 136

Report abuse

- Chynna, London,

Chynna how can you be so cruel? What's that supposed to mean?

This story must stir the hearts and give more hope to the families of Ben Needham and Maddie McCann. Unless you have lost a child in this way you can never know the heartache.

- Sue, Devon, uk, 15/7/2010 16:34Click to rate Rating 176

Report abuse

I wouldn't exactly call that abduction if she was taken by her aunts - more like trying to get a child back that had been snatched by social services! Hopefully a happy conclusion will be reached and the child reunited with her family.

- Anna, England, 15/7/2010 16:25Click to rate Rating 120

Report abuse

Brilliant story, it gives hope to all those who have had their kids snatched.

- jennie, Southampton, 15/7/2010 16:17Click to rate Rating 175

Report abuse

There's hope for Madelaine McCann, no wonder her parent's keep the faith.

It will be strange for the child though having to leave people she believes to be her family for an unknown future & perhaps, reading between the lines, another foster family. Wish the little girl the best of luck.

- DD, Somewhere nice on Planet Earth, 15/7/2010 16:14Click to rate Rating 157

Report abuse

Sorry - so her own family have looked after the child well. I hope social services and the courts allow the poor thing to stay with her own real family.

- Chris, Northern Ireland, 15/7/2010 16:11Click to rate Rating 62

Report abuse

At 13 months the child would have known little difference between the care of
her Foster Parents and her new Aunts. Now after 7 years she will be looked after
by Social Services I presume. Strange that she was identified by a Footprint and
DNA and what about two of the Aunts who were arrested, where was her
biological Mother in all this?

So many unanswered questions, especially how the Police found her after all this time, but I do feel sorry for the child and hope she copes with the inevitable
changes she will face.

- Val, U.K., 15/7/2010 16:09Click to rate Rating 54

Report abuse

How amazing, her family must be overjoyed. This must also give the McCann's some hope.

- Dolly, northwest, 15/7/2010 16:08Click to rate Rating 16

Report abuse

If the child is happy then she should stay with her biological family. Abduction is when strangers take a child.

- shazz, scotland, 15/7/2010 16:07Click to rate Rating 49

Report abuse

Confused.

- Ms D.Lee, Hong Kong, 15/7/2010 16:02Click to rate Rating 18

Report abuse

Its an own family kidnapping. A tug of love case. The title is misleading and shouldnt raise hopes for children who went missing in different circumstances.

- David, London, UK, 15/7/2010 16:02Click to rate Rating 43

Report abuse

I am glad this little girl was found safe and well but i wonder how it will affect her emotionally being removed from the family she has known pretty much all life and then handed back to her official carers. I hope that she gets all the love and care she needs and deserves and the the perpetrators are jailed for a very long time

- hobnob, uk, 15/7/2010 15:42Click to rate Rating 154

Report abuse

- Chynna, London, 15/7/2010 15:41Click to rate Rating 259

Report abuse

some good news for once and instanctly makes me think that there is still hope for maddie mccann and ben needham .............

- jan Hudson, bournemouth, 15/7/2010 15:38Click to rate Rating 219

Report abuse

I guess this is a happy ending for the little girl, but with biological family available why wasn't she placed with them in the first place? I just hope she has been well cared for....

- Kim, Bristol, 15/7/2010 15:36Click to rate Rating 162

Report abuse

Hope for the McCanns that children are found and are safe

- Yvonne, Blackburn, 15/7/2010 15:29Click to rate Rating 181

Report abuse

a bit misleading if you don't mind me saying so, the little girls OWN family kidnapped her, of course they kept her safe, they love her obviously

- nin, London, UK, 15/7/2010 15:28Click to rate Rating 277

Report abuse

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1294990/Missing-girl-Amber-Nicklas-rescued-Phoenix.html#ixzz0tm7goKLC

Get'emGonçalo

View user profile http://gerrymccan-abuseofpower-humanrights.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Judge Mental on 16.07.10 10:00

Note that there was not a hint of a cadaver odour around the last place this child was seen.

Judge Mental

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 17.07.10 5:58

This is exactly the sort of news the mccanns like to capitalise on!

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20100714/tap-japan-crime-child-d1078a1.html

Click on that link and you will find there are plenty of deranged people around .
A little japanese girl died after a series of abuse from her mum. The Japanese woman taped and tied her up and put her in the wash cycle.

I put they put this deranged woman away for life.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum